• Announcements

• Weasley

How to get sorted   10/05/2017

To find the Sorting Form, click on the "Sort Me!" tab at the top of the page.    Before you go to fill out the form, make sure that you have a username that follows our rules. If you don't, your form will be rejected. You can change your name once yourself, by going to Account Settings -> Display Name. If you've already used your one change, you can request a name change in this topic. Be sure to read the first post in the topic carefully so we can get you updated without any back and forth.   Don't rush to answer the form! There's no prize for sending it in first. Please take your time and fill out the form thoughtfully, so the hat will have the information it needs to put your character in the right house.     Calendar: Sorting Form appears: Thursday, October 5th Sorting Form closes: Friday, November 3rd (No forms will be accepted after this date) The Sorting Ceremony closes: Sunday, November 5th, about 10am Central Time You find out your new house: Sunday, November 5th, 11 am Central Time First day of the new school year: Monday, November 6th   (For reference: Central Time Zone includes Chicago, Illinois)   How to get sorted:   1. Register with a name that follows our rules. The registration agreement explains the rules about names. You can also find them in the Rules.   2. Remember you may only send in one form total for this school year. If you send forms in from multiple accounts, we will not sort ANY of them. Then we have to feel bad about not sorting you. Don't make us feel bad, please.   3. Click on the Sort Me tab and fill out the sorting form as thoroughly as possible. The better we understand your character, the more likely we can put you in the right house. See "How to use the form" below if you're confused. For some in depth information on each house, please check out this topic on sorting. (Note: After you fill out the form, a copy will be PMed to you. Please save that because we delete them from our system after sorting.)   4. Wait for a PM from the Sorting Hat. Be patient, it could take a few days. If you don't receive a PM from the Sorting Hat within 4 or 5 days, contact one of the moderators.   5. If your form is: Accepted: Congratulations! You should now go post in the Sorting Ceremony topic in the New Member resources forum. This is very important. This post is where you'll go to find out what the Sorting Hat had to say about you. Don't skip this step! Rejected: Don't worry, you can still be sorted. Be sure to read the reasons for the rejection carefully, then edit your form (just click on the Get Sorted! link again) to fix the problem. Once you've done that, you can send the form in again. 6. That's it! Once you've gotten your acceptance letter AND posted in the Sorting Ceremony, you're all set. You'll find out where the Sorting Hat put you on Sorting day when you can check the Great Hall for the edited Sorting Ceremony.   How to use the form: The form is pretty straightforward and user friendly. Here are a couple tips: You don't need to fill the whole thing in at one sitting. You can finish one page at a time and save it. Then finish the rest later. Don't use your browser's Back or Forward buttons. Use the buttons in the form to Navigate.  If you don't fill out all the questions on a page, you can't save or move on. If you don't meet the word number requirements in the In Depth section, you can't submit the form. Use the "Check Word Count" buttons to see how many words you've used. If you fill in the wrong answers on the quiz page, you won't be able to submit the form. After you've submitted the form, you can't access it anymore. But if your form is rejected, you'll be able to see it again with your old answers still filled in. Still have questions? Ask here.    Note: Section I: Short Answer Please include a brief explanation with each answer. I'd like to remind you all to include an explanation with all the short answer questions. The answers to those questions aren't very useful for sorting unless you explain them.   Otherwise, we don't have enough information to sort you with. (Translation: we'll have to reject it.)     Many thanks as always to Arianna Wright for her hard work revising and updating the form and to Faraz Memon for initially coding it many years ago. <3
Molly Stone

When we were ten, you said you'd make me your wife

12 posts in this topic

From here

Molly unfolded the crumpled piece of parchment (with the name 'Casper' torn off the bottom) she'd gotten from @Kaelyn Paddock and unceremoniously smacked it down on the table next to Brigit's dinner plate that night.

"@Kaleb Kennedy wrote this," Molly declared, hopping over the bench into her seat and sidling closer to Brigit in a single swift motion. "He's in love with you. I think you should go for it," she grinned. "Ask him out. Girls can ask guys out." Molly, however, had ulterior motives she wouldn't voice. 

In the midst of gobbling up dinner came a Molly Stone with a mission. Brigit heard the sound of her hand slamming the parchment beside her only to be met with a look of confusion from the seated Gryffindor.

"What did he write?" Brigit grabbed the paper, scanning it and immediately regretted the decision. "Kaleb's in love with me?" Brigit nearly choked on her potatoes, only to be met by pressure from Molly.

"But Molls, I'm not even twelve yet and this note says forever," She shifted uncomfortably, tossing the parchment to the side again before looking back up at her. 

"Do you really think I should? I never even thought of him like that before.,,"

Molly may be in a very legitimate gang, but a gang was nothing without street cred. And street cred came in the form of her gang members being the first people in the first year to have boyfriends or girlfriends. Experience was invaluable, and in years to come when others decided to start dating, the Blood Demons would be way ahead of schedule.

Only, Molly didn't want to be the one in the relationship, so when such an opportunity came so gloriously into her golden fingertips, she couldn't pass it up.

"Yes," Molly affirmed. "You're almost twelve," she made a big, flapping motion with her arms to show how old of an age it was. "You don't want to be single forever, do you? Don't you want to get married and have a husband who does all the cooking and cleaning for you?" She rose a brow. Ugh, but why did Kaleb have to be so intense? "If you don't want to be with him forever, that's fine, just tell him you'll only go out with him for a month or so," Molly decided. A month was long enough to boost her gang's cred, she figured. Everyone in the world would know if Brigit and Kaleb dated for a whole month.

"Umm.." she bit her lip when Brigit said she'd never thought of him like that before, because Molly knew you weren't supposed to be in a relationship with people who you didn't think about romantically. "That's okay. It's just for experience?"

Is this what growing up was like? Brigit woke up that morning forgetting to brush her teeth and now it seemed like she would be ending it with a boyfriend probably. "But I don't want a husband. Can't I just have a man-servant who can clean and cook for me instead?" A wedding and marriage seemed to be all too much but if Molly said it would help their street cred who was Brigit to argue?

"So just a month. That's it? How about a week?" Not quite 'forever' like Kaleb apparently wanted but he'd have to take it or leave it. "But Molls," Brigit's voice began to get soft, looking at the food on her plate and twiddling her thumbs. "I won't have to, you know..." She blushed - a first for the Gryffindor girl. "I won't have to kiss him, right?" Just the thought of it made her head woozy and Brigit wasn't sure it was the good kind.

She pushed her plate forward. "I don't think I'm hungry anymore."

Molly was constantly discovering that Brigit was more intelligent than she thought. She also didn't want a husband right now (or ever, for that matter - she wasn't getting married!) but a man-servant sounded like an excellent idea. "Okay, you can have that, and I'll have one too. Or we can live together and have a ton that work for us both when we're old," she mused. Because a lot of man-servants were better than just one, right? As long as Molly never had to do any cleaning, she didn't care.

She contemplated the idea of a week. That seemed a little short? It was possible that the whole school wouldn't know that Brigit and Kaleb were going out in the span of a week. "How about a couple weeks, like four?" Molly bargained. And yes, that was basically a month, but maybe Brigit wouldn't put two-and-two together.

"Uhh.." Molly paused thoughtfully at her query. Personally, she'd never seen anything wrong with kissing. As she'd told Fe, she'd kissed eight people on the cheek (family members/relatives) and two dogs on the ears. She'd tried to partake in a kissing booth for the experience before Rosie siphoned her away. However, she knew the act could be taboo and she didn't want to pressure her friend. "No, unless you want to. You only have to hug for five seconds and hold hands sometimes, and maybe say hi to each other in the corridors and stuff?" 

She reached for Brigit's half-empty plate. "I'll take it, I'm still starved."

"Four weeks?" Brigit's eyes bulged. She didn't know it was still about a month but it did seem awfully long. She sighed in defeat. "Okay, fine. And you're sure this will help us out? He better buy me presents then because I'm not doing this all for free." That's what her stepfather always did for her mother. Brigit was positive that was partly the only reason she even kept him around which made sense - Benjaimen was dull as anything.

Not having to kiss Kaleb made the whole scenario a little bit easier and Brigit started to come around. Hugging and hand holding? Those were things that Brigit did with people anyway, but usually they tried to get as far away as possible. "That's not so hard..." One more moment of deliberation and Brigit was locked in. "Fine. I'll do it."

"Hey! Don't eat all of it, I might want some more before I get dessert."

Instead she reached for her goblet, sipping on her pumpkin juice. "So how do I let him know? Do I write him a note back and you give it to him for me?" Is that how you cemented a relationship? Kaleb started it first so it only made sense. "I don't know what I'd write in it though."

Molly was about to re-haggle it down to twenty-seven days (which, in retrospect would be a bad idea as it it seemed like the bigger numbers were more daunting to her friend), but she needn't bother - Brigit accepted the compromise. Molly resisted the urge to smile in triumph. 

When Brigit brought up the idea of the relationship helping us out, Molly was slightly perplexed. She didn't know Brigs was aware of the underhanded motives of the set-up - however, it wasn't completely surprising as the girl at times pleasantly surprised her in this way. She nodded, "Promise it will." Her brows scrunched. Would Kaleb buy her presents? Molly had no idea, but based on the sheer amount of love he'd portrayed in the letter, it seemed like a definite possibility. "I think he'll buy you loads of presents. He wants you forever, remember? That's a big word, think about it."

Or don't, if it compromised The Plan, so Molly had to make sure Brigit was still on-board. Thankfully, it seemed her mind hadn't changed.

"Oh," Molly put her fork of potatoes down, not considering the fact that there was a huge bowl nearby readily filled by the elves. "Sorry!"

Originally, Molly thought Brigit should just ask him out, but the note idea didn't seem bad either. She paused, considering, "Sure. Are you good with writing and spelling, then? Do you want me to write it for you?"

So this was what Molly meant about being a secret weapon. No longer would she feel like a useless part of their group and would finally start carrying her weight without having to sacrifice bloody knuckles. "I know he said forever, but you said four weeks! So which one is it?" She was already mentally counting down the time until she could compose her breakup.

Brigit spotted a slice of pie, dipping her fork into it and chewing loudly. "It's okay, I've got pie. It's cherry," She sputtered with her mouth full.

"My spelling is fine," Brigit rolled her eyes. It really wasn't, and her handwriting wasn't the most organized. "Can you write it for me? I wanna keep eating this anyway."

Dessert > Love.

"Four weeks, just four weeks," Molly affirmed quickly. "The thing is though, he may want you forever, but you can break up with him after four weeks?" Molly hated lying, but Brigit didn't have to go right on over to him and tell him she'd be with him forever. She could just say she'd go out with him and then plan to break up in four weeks? Who knows, maybe she'd fall in love and this discussion would be null. 

Brigit had pie, so Molly could eat the rest of her food in peace. And she did just that, swallowing the last bite.

"Yeah sure," Molly agreed easily, taking out a quill and scrawling the note. She didn't even think to sign it - obviously Kaleb would know who it was from.

AZft88k.png

"Is this good? How're you gonna break up with him?" Molly had to make sure it wasn't something too crazy, otherwise, no one would believe they were dating in the first place.

Brigit finished off her pie as Molly composed - hands sticky and robes littered in crumbs. She didn't even need to read the note, before nodding eagerly. "I'm not sure yet..." Brigit pondered this. "Send him a howler maybe?" She shrugged her shoulders. "I have four whole weeks to think about it, but it needs to be something memorable and enough to break his heart so he can get over me." Put him out of his misery as soon as possible.

"Does that mean I need to go to the dance with him?" She made a face at that too.

"Oh crud. I don't have anything to wear. Come on," Brigit pushed her empty plates to the center of the table, rushing out of the Great Hall to see if she had anything in her trunk that could manage.

"A howler seems a little harsh." Molly didn't hate Kaleb, after all. "Plus, where do we get those? I could probably figure it out with effort, but if they were that easy, people would be sending howlers left and right." Molly sure would. Actually, she'd never considered the idea before. "You're right, we'll figure something out later. Doubt he'll get over you, Sparkles," she teased. 

"Um," Molly paused. "Yes. It won't be bad though. You just have to look like you're going with him.. we can actually hang out the whole time," she explained. 

Molly grinned, "Yeah, let's go. We can always nab something from Ava if worst comes to worst. Mind you, she's my mentor, she'll probably lend me clothes. Hey, wait up!" Molly realized Brigit had already taken off and sprinted after her, completely forgetting the letter in her wake. 

Damaris had been waiting to see if she could catch up with Kaleb when she noticed Molly and Brigit talking secretively to each other and scribbling something down on a piece of parchment. She watched from a distance, not wanting to provoke Molly into a confrontation (because those were tedious and she had a feeling that something far more interesting was going on). Once the two of them were on their way, she moved in.

She blinked down at the parchment. That had to be Molly's handwriting--after all, she had just seen her write it out. But what did this mean? Molly liked Kaleb? Molly had never said a word about Kaleb in all of the times they'd dueled, even when she'd accused her of having no friends  (or was that something she'd done? She really couldn't keep track). She figured that if Molly liked Kaleb, she would have reacted with some kind of jealousy at their friendship. After all, that's what always happened in those weird soap operas her mother watched.

"Hmm," she looked to the left, looked to the right, and then pocketed the letter. Kaleb would find this pretty interesting, no doubt.