Julian Pritchard

Background colour tags?

Julian Pritchard

Hello!

I was editing my sig and I wanted to try changing the background colour of text. I did figure out how to do it with the editor, but I couldn't figure out if there was a BB tag that I could use instead. Is there? 

Also, and somewhat related, is there a reference somewhere for the tags available for use in VH proper? 

Thanks in advance! :wub:

Edited by Julian Pritchard

Eleanor Potts

Hi Julian!

There is a way of getting background tags using BBcode, using the [ background] [/background ]

EG: To make text look like this your text here

use

[background=#678593]your text here[/background]

If you wish to colour the text too, you just need to use standard colour tags around the text, inside the background tags.

EG: To make text look like this  now the text would be white

use

[background=#678593][color=#ffffff]now the text would be white[/color][/background]

As for a list of useable BBcode on VH, there is a list on VHOT right here that was composed by the lovely Claire Abienne. The list is not comprehensive as it was written before we upgraded our board software, which added a few fancy features like tables and background tags, but it's a good starting point. Also be aware that colour names no longer work, so only the hex code part of her colour instructions is relevant to VH now.

Hope this helps! <3

Edited by Eleanor Potts

Julian Pritchard

Yes, thank you! <3

I had seen Claire's topic, but I assumed it was specific to VHOT. There's a link to 'the vh version', but it takes me to a VH error page telling me I don't have permission to view it. Does this mean the VH version is hidden in some forum I can't access as an unsort? Or is it just plain inaccessible for some reason?

Eleanor Potts

The VH version used to be in PHP, but it was moved a while ago when the new lessons were written and is now inaccessible. Almost all of the tags used on VHOT are the same as those on VH, with exceptions including the align tags (you do not need the word "align" on VH and can just use "right" and "center"), the limits on the sizes fonts can be made to go, and those I listed that are new to this particular board software, so the VHOT list is workable as long as you test things out before you hit post. 

Sorry I couldn't be of more help on the list front; I may have to go and beg some helpful people to compile a list of VH compatible BBcodes to replace the old one!

Julian Pritchard

Ah, okay. That makes sense.  

Thanks again! :wub: