Lydia Brewer

Hate on me hater; Deja Vu - Punch #3

5 posts in this topic

Lydia was already taking her book bag off from around her shoulders when she shoved the door to the bathroom open. It had been a mistake to try and wait until after class to use the facilities. She really had to go now. 

But of course the mass exodus from Defense was such that the nearest bathroom already had people in it. She glared at someone already in the bathroom. 

"Why do you only show up when I need to whizz?" Her expression was aggrieved, her weight shifted from foot to foot as she tried to pack it in for the inevitable storm in front of her. The presence of Cecily Redwood and no one else could only mean one thing. 

Man she hoped she didn't piddle on herself... and also that her bruise paste wasn't empty.

Cecily had ditched Defense early to get to the bathroom. She knew all the girls would be running there after the lesson and she wasn't about to wait to go to the bathroom. So by the time the bathroom had begun to fill up, Cecily was washing her hands. Honestly she hadn't even noticed Lydia until her voice broke through Cecily's internal monologue deciding whether Fletwock was getting owl dung or rat dung in her sheets.

"I guess you're just really unlucky," Cecily drawled, turning the facet off and turned around. She leaned against the sink and crossed her arms. "But why have you been avoiding me, Brewer? Scared?"

She tried to do the odds in her head of just rushing, full body-weight thrown, forward to get into a stall before Cecily could pull her out.  The need to tinkle was too great, it was affecting her brain. 

Then again, she could just go to the bathroom on Cecily

...that was a brilliant idea. This would perhaps forestall any future aggression. Lydia sucked in her bladder and held onto every drop of bodily fluid inside her, in case she needed it for Defense purposes. Maybe she'd even get extra credit from Foster - Hey teach - I piddled on my attacker yesterday, how's that for defense? 

"No kidding," her muttered reply was quickly covered up by a louder, "Always. I'm terrified of insanity.. so I guess you qualify." Her gaze narrowed and she counted numbers in her head attempting to will away the need bursting inside her. She also took a cautious step towards a stall.

Maybe Cecily was insane. Maybe she was as nuts as everyone seemed to think she was. But everyday life was boring and normality overrated. Cecily wanted to be a loose canon, no one ever knowing quite where she would be or why. It gave some thrill to the daily life. And happening on Brewer in the bathroom was only today's randomness dropped in her lap. Cecily didn't like to let things go, and she was happy to have someone looking over their shoulder when they walked in the corridor. Because you never knew where Cecily would pop up next.

Cecily's eyes tracked Lydia's step. And her feet followed as well. She wasn't letting Brewer off the hook that easily.

"You're not trying to cut our time together short are you?"

"Not at all Redwood, just trying not to make a mess. Do you mind?" Lydia's brown eyes narrowed at Cecily keeping pace with her movements, almost putting herself directly between Lydia and the stall closest to her. Even if she made a lunge for it, she probably wouldn't be able to shut the door on Cece before the Gryffindor crammed herself in with the Hufflepuff.

She wanted to ask why Cece was so obsessed with her - like punching her face was the most useful thing she could do with her day? Hardly. Impossible, even. However, she also had the presence of mind to know that doing so would likely result in faster physical escalation of this conversation.

...Then again, if she got it over with fast enough, she might be able to piddle in peace and not through her stockings.

"Ugh Redwood, Why are you so obsessed with me?" She put on her most sarcastic voice - which was saying something given her normal level of sarcasm ranked at 11/10. Next-level Lydia lifted an eyebrow in consideration, briefly wondering if she should accuse Cece of having a crush on her or something else more aggressive to try and scare off... oooh maybe Lydia should pretend to have a crush on Cecily! Surely THAT would make her go away if this whole aggression thing failed.

Edited by Lydia Brewer