Griffin Finnigan

On The Way Out

48 posts in this topic

“Whatever you say Kaleb.” Chuck teased and grinned at his roommate. At of all the guys in that room, he was pretty sure Kaleb was the coolest so he decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. As Griffin made so painfully obvious, him, River and the rest (that kid Jack?) all seemed to enjoy it. 

“Dog pile? Nah mate. This ain’t the States and that’s weird. The only time another guy should tackle a guy is in a fight or in rugby.” Didn’t these kids know anything? “But whatever floats your boat."

Edited by Chuck Berger

As River heard Fin speak to Chuck, the first year Ravenclaw instantly back up Fin.  

"It's fun!  I'm sure you'd like it if you tried Chuck!"

Of course the group was not in the states and River and Fin had been tackling each other since before their time in PHP.  Quickly standing, River spread out his arms and spoke once  ore to Chuck.

"Here try it on me!"

In a fight. Of course, Berger's mind always went to fighting. The arsehole. Still bearing the humiliation and anger from their spat, all Casper could do was properly ignore him. It didn't mean he couldn't subtlety aim his words at the boy: "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Wolfe. He might actually take the shot and you'll end up in Mungo's for break."

So, he wasn't very subtle in the end.

Why did the Ravenclaw boy want hugs so badly? "River, stop asking for hugs," Kaleb suggested to the boy.

Kaleb turned to his fellow Gryffindors. As Casper warned River, Kaleb decided to work on Chuck. "Leave him alone, Chuck. Don't go for the obvious move..." Kaleb had a feeling where Chuck's mind was going after seeing River stand wide open.

“You don’t want me tackling you Rive—“ See, Chuck was trying to be a nice guy. At 5’4 and athletically built from the amount of sports and physical activity he did, he was one of, if not not the most, tallest and strongest boys in the year. But then Casper had to open his mouth and Chuck shot him a glare. “Got something to say Casper? Maybe you shoulda said it before you ran off from our fight like a chicken.”

Chuck shot Kaleb a challenging look. “What? Should I punch Casper instead? That sounds like a good idea."

Ryan could see when something was going to go wrong. Her attention moved from the Gryffindor boy to Casper, who was very polite, which caused the Hufflepuff to smile brilliantly at him. "Thank you! I'm planning on it."

Enter Chuck. Ryan frowned. When had he gotten rude? She turned to Chuck with a firm look on her face and actually shook her finger at the boy. "That is not nice, Chuck. Do not be rude to Casper. You shouldn't be rude ever." Then she turned to Casper. "That wasn't nice to say, either." 

"No one is punching anyone veggie burger" he told Chuck as he threatened Caspe, while Ryan tried to smooth things over with the Gryffindor.  Giving River a soft push forward he said "But to be fair, I'd be scared of River too if I where you" he taunted the first year; seeing if he would take him up on River's offer.    

Jacky didn't really like what was going on here. 

He slunk against the wall, hoping nobody would notice him as he watched what was going on with wide eyes. 

Okay, there needed to be a new school rule: no more than 2 Gryffindor First Year boys allowed within 10 meters of each other. Or at least put a muzzle on Chuck.

Kaleb grimmaced at the idea of Chuck punching Casper, let alone anyone. "I'd actually rather you punch the Ravenclaw than the Gryffindor..." Kaleb muttered. He looked around him. "Or maybe even a Hufflepuff," he offered. There were a lot of Hufflepuffs in the area.

Edited by Kaleb Kennedy

River didn't quite understand the hostility that was coming from the other boys, this was a clean and fun dog like event...  Nothing less of the matter but River couldn't help but to notice that Chuck thought highly of himself, so why not go with it.

"Well if you think you can land a hit, then lets go!"

"Couldn't exactly say anything when all that was on my mind was getting to the Hospital Wing," he snapped back. There went his hope of ignoring Berger. Stupid Chuck, who was far too punch-happy for Casper's own good. Glare settled on the boy as he spoke to Kaleb. After Kennedy spoke, however, he interjected his own two cents: "How 'bout you don't hit anyone? What about that?" Or maybe that was just too hard for someone of Chuck's caliber.

Ryan's sternness earned her a couple points in his book, but she quickly lost it when her attitude turned toward him. "Nice? Who cares? At least it's the truth," he scoffed.

Jack continued to shrink against the wall

"My mumma would not like this..." He mumbled to himself. 

Chuck felt horribly betrayed by Ryan and it just increased his glare. “The little tosser started it. He’s all tough until he needs to back it up.” Those were the worst sort of people; cowards hid behind words. Then he got called Veggie Burger? “Go flack yourself,” except he didn’t say flack “Finnigan. And scared of River?” Chuck snorted. Anyone who liked to hug that much didn’t scare him. “Yeah right. Scared he might hug me or somethin’, that’s it.”

Kaleb spoke up and for the moment, Chuck considered it. He had already beaten up Casper. Did he really need to do it again when there were other kids running their mouths? “You might have a point there Kaleb." But then Casper spoke up...

“Boo hoo Casper. Maybe if you knew how to fight, you wouldn’t have been useless in the tournament? You loss, didn’t you? Shoulda took my help when I offered it.”

Chuck was so frustrated now. Who should he hit? 

Edited by Chuck Berger

Fin stared directly into Chuck's eyes while bringing his hands to his hips and  flapping his 'wings' while making chicken noises.  "Bock bock Chicken chicken, bock bock, chicken chicken!" he repeated at Berger...This was for some reason Fin's idea of fun.  

He'd already heard everything pouring from Chuck's mouth when they'd fought. Hearing the snub about the tournament was new, however. It was like ripping open a wound that had yet to heal. "My team didn't lose because of me," he spit, a renewed sense of anger bubbling forward. Or maybe they had? It was impossible to tell. He had simply been along for the ride, never making a discovery that aided his team, but not falling behind. However, his uselessness had been a factor of age and lack of magical experience than him as a person... right?

"Learning to fight wouldn't have gotten me through." Throwing fists wouldn't have helped. He just wasn't good enough --- simple as that.

"Shut up, Finnigan," he snapped, irritation transferring to the clucks echoing in the train. Besides, he didn't want to see anyone fighting. Not himself nor Finnigan, no matter now annoying the boy was.

Molly heard the commotion from a near-by compartment, and slipped out, knowing she'd regret it - she had an awful case of FOMO.

There were a group of boys in her year who Molly had already privately deemed immature, even though she was admittedly friendly with them (particularly Fin), she wouldn't intentionally involve herself in the hubbub. She immediately sidled up to Chuck. "Hey, I was looking for you." She wasn't really, but she'd been hoping he, Brigs, and Ham would find her compartment, lest she be stuck with Petey.

It was then she realized that the scene was potentially turning violent, and Molly didn't miss a beat before switching to street-mode, punching her right fist into her left hand, scanning the crowd. "Need back-up?"

500 <3

"You don't have to come back either," Damaris pointed out. She wasn't sure how to describe what happened next other than it was weird, but also entirely unsurprising that a group of boys in her year when together would just want to fight each other over almost nothing at all. 

"Merlin," she huffed. Griffin was egging them on and River seemed eager to jump into a fight over nothing. "Stop it. Talking about the tournament is a low blow, but seriously none of you are going to actually win a fight against Chuck." She was thoroughly unsurprised by their lack of common sense, though. 

Ryan's whinging about how certain remarks weren't nice was giving her a headache. "Maybe tell your weird friends to stop trying to start fights with people? It's really irritating."

“Well they didn’t win because of you either.” Chuck grinned nastily at Casper as he reminded him of the loss. He shrugged though. At one point, Chuck had been impressed by Casper’s admission into the tournament, curious and hopeful even to get to know the boy better to find out why he was selected… but then Casper rejected every offer of friendship and even insulted him. That ship had passed. “I guess you’ll never know now though.”

Things carried on and Chuck’s glare intensified in direction towards Griffin. Had the Hufflepuff always been so annoying? He knew he was stupid from the start, willing to listen to second years and get them all locked in a closet. Griffin made his decision easier though and Chuck took two steps forward, ready to punch him in the face when Casper surprised him once more by telling Griffin to shut up. 

He still had it in him. The kid confused Chuck. 

“Oh thank Merlin.” Chuck was relieved to see Molly, one of his best friends. Most of these kids were bloody annoying. “Nah don’t need it but if you want to join in the fun, what kinda friend would I be if I didn’t let you?” He’d love to fight anyone with Molly by his side. She could handle the spells and he could handle the kid’s faces. 

He was surprised once more by Damaris, who he barely noticed the compartment. She surprisingly spoke up for him, nearly complimenting him. He gave the girl a respectful nod. “She’s right. But I’m sick of this crap, maybe we should just leave Molly."

If someone doesn't get punched on this train

Kaleb took a step to the side as Molly arrived on the scene. Here Kaleb was, trying to calm Chuck down, but the girl only began hyping him up. Certain that there was going to be a fight, Kaleb turned to look down the passageway. It was surprisingly empty as it seemed all of the other kids had crammed themselves into a compartment and did not want to be out in the middle of all this...chaos.

"You guys do you," Kaleb huffed, as he put his hand on @Jack Rodgers's shoulder. "But I'm sure some Prefect's going to come around soon and give you lot detention or something," Kaleb forewarned, before turning to the Hufflepuff boy. "Let's go find a compartment for the rest of this ride, eh?"

Chuck's words wouldn't have hurt if they weren't so true, but he couldn't do anything about it. He had nowhere to put his anger. Where Chuck would rush toward choosing his fists as a weapon, Casper wasn't even inclined to yield his wand. Violence just seemed so pointless. Any goal Berger had hoped to accomplish had failed miserably. Chuck hadn't earned his respect in the fight; Casper only looked down on him more.

So, what were you supposed to do with all the rage bubbling underneath the surface?

He merely seethed in the corner of the compartment, although he only desired to spout off insults left and right. Already, it had been proven that words had little effect on Chuck, but that didn't stop a few comments from escaping. He wasn't trying to start another fist fight, because Damaris was right; no one could take the tosser in a fight, especially not when his back-up had arrived. However, his anger-fueled tongue was moving before his head caught up:

"Yeah, see you 'round, Molly." Chuck had suggested it, so she would tag along, right? How pathetic. He never would have guessed 'the great' Molly Stone would resort to following anyone else's lead. "Don't know why you even came in here in the first place?" That was directed at the two fight-happy Gryffindors, although he spoke as if only to Stone.

If Molly was going to punch someone, it'd be Damaris (she still owed her revenge for the plant) - however, the Slytherin seemingly (and unfortunately) was not the target of Chuck's anger. She grinned at the taller boy, "I'd never miss my shot to get in a good --" she cut off at Kaleb's words. Sometimes her body acted before her mind. For maybe the first time in his life, he was right. She'd nearly forgotten about the presence of prefects on the train and was in no mood to do something so blatantly dumb she'd get in trouble. "He has a point," she said begrudgingly.

She glared at Casper. "What's that s'pose to mean? And I came because you were all making such a ruckus. Why is it that you seem to be involved in everything dramatic that happens?" 

(If Molly had thought that Casper thought of her as 'the great' Molly Stone, her ego would've swelled significantly).

Jacky had only been delighted for a get out of this situation. 

He nodded eagerly as Kaleb placed a hand on his shoulder "Yes please...." 

He followed his friend, delighted to be out of the tension. 

(If only Molly could read Casper's mind, then she would realize 'the great' was merely sarcastic. Her ego needed to be kept in check, of course.)

"What's it sound like it means?" He glared right back at Molly. At least she was someone he wasn't afraid to fight with. She just wasn't as intimidating as bull-headed Chuck, and not simply because of appearances. She'd never actually punched him before. Sure, he'd seen her threaten someone, but her fist had never struck his skin.

So caught up in the discourse, Casper barely noticed Kaleb and the Hufflepuff exit the compartment. Maybe if he had, he would have come back to his senses and escaped as well. Eyes rolled. "I'm involved in everything dramatic? As if." He didn't even hang out with these people. How could he be the most dramatic one?!

Edited by Casper Abernathy