Griffin Finnigan

On The Way Out

48 posts in this topic

The sudden start of the Hogwarts express moving forward caused Fin; as well as anyone else still standing on their feet to stumble slightly.  A loud howl from the front of the train should have been enough of a warning, but the Hufflepuff's only concern was getting to see his parents waiting for him at Platform 9 and 3/4.  The train was packed full of students all on their way home for the winter term break as there was a cheerful ambiance luring around; while most where chattering loudly among each other.

Taking a few quick steps forward, Fin jumped and grabbed onto the two hand rails towards the top of the cabin and began swinging forward and backwards letting the momentum of his body sway him as he shouted "SCHOOLS OUT! CAN I GET A HECK YES!" 

Just as he said his last words, he felt the back of his legs collide into someone in the isle behind him.

Walking to the platform as it was completely obvious that River packed his belongings at the last second, the Ravenclaw spotted a familiar face as they spoke.

"HECK YEEEES!"  

River shouted on command as Fin asked,  wrapping his arms around his friend, River hugged Fin and pulled away.  "What are you doing his holiday?"

Jacky had decided that colouring on a moving train was very difficult. Well difficult to stay in between the lines anyway. 

Instead he decided to go on a ramble and try find some of his friends. 

It didn't take long 

"Oh hi..." He beamed as he slid into Fin and River's compartment. 

Ryan was overly excited to be headed back home for the winter holidays. Boxing Day with her brothers and parents. She couldn't wait. The brunette had left her things in a compartment she'd chosen with Eliza, but she'd been too antsy to just sit there. Plus, she wanted to see what River and the rest of her friends were up to. Keeping the Hufflepuff scarf wrapped loosely around her neck, she heard them before she saw them. 

"River! Fin!" Ryan shouted, running forward to wrap her arms around River, who had his arms wrapped around Fin. "Can you believe we are going home for Christmas? This is going to be brilliant. Hey!" the Hufflepuff said, pointing at Griffin, "We're still going to see each other at The Leaky Cauldron, right?"

"Merlin you're all so loud," Damaris made a face. She couldn't get home fast enough. 

This was why Casper couldn't wait to go home. Fin's screeching voice had become so familiar; he hated it. He just needed a nice, long, peaceful break from everyone. The boy couldn't even enjoy the train ride home without being bugged. Ugh. "I agree with Denton." Yeah, he knew who she was now. "You don't need to scream to be heard, Finnigan."

Being engulfed in a bear hug from River, Fin wattled his hands playfully as they where trapped within the Ravenclaw's arms.  The Hufflepuff began to jump excitedly as Ryan latched onto the two boys.  

Playfully smacking River's arm with the back of his hand once he let go, Fin said "Well! our parents and us.." pointing towards Ryan "Are going to have a meet and greet so that hopefully Ryan can come stay with us for a week over summer!  And I got a letter from them just yesterday morning and it's all set up Ry!"

Noticing Damaris sitting behind his left shoulder, Fin spun around and said to her.  "Oh come on now; this is the last time we are gonna see each other for a whole two weeks, that's something to be excited about; isn't it?"

Jacky's presence hadn't been noticed. And he didn't really know what to do with that. 

So he stood quietly in the corner and tried to feed off their latent excitement.

Kaleb was looking for his brother @Mikey Kennedy. He had finished his First Term and wanted to talk to his brother about some things. Namely, Kaleb wasn't to get the deets on how to get out of studying so much. He got decent marks on his final exams, but he felt like he studied way too much.

As he entered the next section of the train, he found WAY too many Hufflepuff First Years in a compartment. "Oh, hey guys. Just looking for my brother. I'll see you later," Kaleb tried to squeeze past them.

This is why everyone hated the First Years.

"Oh hey Jack," Kaleb greeted @Jack Rodgers. "Almost didn't you see there."

Feeling the smack that came Fin, River backed and looked around the common area.  Turning his head to corner of the train he noticed Jack and instantly rain to him.

"JACK-JACK!"  The boy beamed wrapping his arms around the other.  

"What are you doing for your break?!

Jacky's awkward little smile widened when Kaleb actually noticed him. 

He wanted to hug his friend. But decided her needed to play it cool and fought the urge instead he lifted hi hand into a little awkward wave. Because Kaleb was a Gyffindor and really cool and probably too cool for hugs.

"uh hi! Are you excited to go home??"

But then River pounced on him "OH HI! I'm going to spend Christmas with my Nanna and my aunts and uncles and cousins..."

Edited by Jack Rodgers

Ryan squealed happily, as Fin relayed the news to her that the meeting between their parents was all set up. "I can't wait! My parents told me that they're excited to meet you and your parents." Ryan's parents were the slightly over-protective ones that needed to meet all of the her friend's parents before she was allowed to go over to their houses. But they were also kind parents who wanted their daughter to be happy.

Ryan turned around when she heard a voice she'd rather she hadn't. The Hufflepuff purposefully ignored Damaris, but smiled softly at Casper with a wave. "Hi, Casper. I hope you're doing something really fun for break." Then she spotted Jack when River launched himself at the meek boy. "Hi Jacky! Oh, that sounds like fun! I'm going to spend time with my brother! I can't wait!"

"...wow, two whole weeks," Damaris rolled her eyes.  "I'll take two centuries, thanks."

Fin's blue eyes shot up towards Casper while ignoring Damaris comment for the moment, as the Gryffindor was complaining about Fin's voice.  "Screaming?  Pshh this is at about a three, three and a half out of ten maybe...would you like to hear what a solid seven sounds like; maybe I could sing you a little tune, one that may bring back some memories of scrubbing toilets together"  he said while smirking at the boy.  Looking back at Damaris he added;  "No one is forcing you to come back you know" While shrugging at the Slytherin.   Leaning down, Fin gasped and pointed out the window while urgently pleading  "OH my gosh, Damaris look! what is that!?"

Knowing there was nothing but snow and a few trees outside the train, Fin took this opportunity to skip towards his friends who where all surrounding Jacky and Kaleb; while spontaneously jumping on River's back.  

"Oh!"  River beamed to Jack as he explained his holiday plans 

"That sounds like fun!  Give them all hugs from me!  Like this". Wrapping his arms around Jack's torso once more, River hugged Jack tightly while arching his back and  swaying the other from left to right

Ryan stood nervously, chewing on her bottom lip. It was starting again. Whenever provoked, her normally docile best friends got a little...over-zealous. And Damaris, Casper, and Killian were the people who poked, and picked, until River and Fin couldn't take it anymore. Ryan wanted to stay out of it, however. Thankfully, she stood away from the Slytherin girl and the Gryffindor boy who she kind of, sort of, wanted to become friends with.

Thankfully, she was close by Jacky, River, an unknown Gryffindor boy, and now, Griffin. Ry took the opportunity to turn to the Gryffindor boy. "Hi, I'm Ryan. It's nice to meet you." Her eyes took in the jumble of bodies all clumped together and giggled. Her friends were the best.

Kaleb was ready to talk to @Jack Rodgers about his winter plans until River jumped on him. And then Finn jumped on him.

And they toppled onto Kaleb. "Ow!" Kaleb exclaimed, falling to the floor at the bottom of the pile.

Jacky couldn't do anything but squeal. 

Though it was a little muffled from where he was piled under two boys on the floor.

He was just happy he wasn't on the complete bottom. Though at least Kaleb was comfy. He made a mentla note to thank him later. 

Edited by Jack Rodgers

As the momentum of the three boys shifted from vertical to diagonal to horizontal, Fin shouted at about the level 7 he mentioned to Casper.  "TIMBER!" as the pile of boys crashed down on Kaleb.  Laughing hysterically, Fin rolled off of River's back and began to grab everyone by the backs of their shirts and arms and pull them to their feet.  "Everyone still breathing?" he asked in a not-so-serious tone

"Hi, Ryan." She wasn't the worst of the Hufflepuffs, thankfully. "I hope you have a nice break as well," he replied cordially, because he had manners.

Finnigan, however, didn't have any. "Very funny, Finnigan," he scowled. "No one wants to hear you sing, especially me."

And then the boy fell over. He shook his head. At least he was safe from the pile all the way over here.

Edited by Casper Abernathy

Chuck was minding his own business, walking back from graffitiing the bathroom when he heard a commotion on the way to his compartment. Sticking his head into large space that was the source of the noise, the strong Gryffindor first year couldn’t say he was surprised to see what he saw. He shook his head; he’d never be involved with a pile of boys. Girls, hopefully one day. 

At least they got to their feet again but it was too late. 

“I don’t even want to know what you lot were doing down there." He drawled from his spot with his back against a doorway, in the classic cool kid pose. 

Edited by Chuck Berger

Falling to the ground as Fin jumped on his back, River landed on the floor with Jack still wrapped in his arms.

"OOF!  Fin you ding dong!"

Standing to his feet, River quickly hug tackled the Hufflepuff.  "GOTCHA!"

Oh, sure, NOW every Gryffindor First Year wanted to suddenly run into them. Kaleb's face fell flush when he realized Casper and Chuck appeared. Embarrassed by his positioning, he quickly crawled back up to his feet.

Kaleb watched as the boys all around him were still engulfed in hugs, glad he wasn't a part of that. He turned to his housemates. "I'm not a part of that. They all fell on top of me!" Kaleb defended himself.

Jacky wasn't really sure what had happened there. Maybe he had gotten a head injury. His Mumma said they were dangerous and could give you 'mneeesa' he had read in a book. Hopefully he didn't have that. 

Eventually he pulled himself up to his feet and di nothing but stupidly grin at Kaleb

"um hi....are you okay?" his head tilted to the side, trying to work it out 

Looking up at cool guy Chuck, Fin smirked and responded "It's called a dog-pile, and it's all the rage in the states; I thought a cool fellow like yourself would know one when he see's one, I guess I thought wrong" he said with a shrug before being immediately tackled to the ground by River.