Bryony King

Hey there, I've got something for you {Open}

9 posts in this topic

Bryony had ordered it last week and eagerly awaited it's arrival. But this morning her box of big glossy magazines had arrived, which included what she had ordered for @Axel Blackwood. The newest issues of WizQ. A mens general and fashion magazine. Similar to the muggles GQ. 

She had noticed Axel had gotten a lot hotter recently and Bry had wanted to 'harness the potential'. She had hoped to do so by signing him up for the monthly subscription. Even if he just looked at the pictures. Though Bryony swore to help him with anything he had questions about. 

So after she had finished her breakfast, she had sidled over to the Ravenclaw table, the large glossy volume in hand. 

"Hey Axel..." Her smirk was mischievous. That was dangerous. "I got something for you..." 

Open to all after Axel posts.

At one point Axel may have scoffed at the idea of a "make-over," but after his recent break-up, he was searching for a change in his life and maybe this was it. He'd already begun paying more careful attention to his grooming habits and general appearance, but Bryony was trying to take it to a new level, which was honestly okay with him.

He was shoveling cereal into his mouth by the spoonful as if he were in a race with no one, when she approached, and without bothering to look-up, he grinned, "H-ry Bur-eye," he then had the decency to swallow, "-ony. Wha's -" his eyes then widened, not from the magazine in itself, but from the fit, shirtless male so obviously flaunted on the cover in all his photographed, chiseled glory.

"I told you," he stage whispered. "Tha's, tha's not my thing!" 

-----------------------------------

This thread is now open <3

"It is gonna be!" She said almost threateningly. She slapped the heavy volume down onto the table beside him, and slid onto the bench, her butt pushing him up to make room for her tiny self. 

"This guy.." She pointed to the shirtless man on the cover "Is not just a shirtless man..." She shook her head. Doing nothing to keep her voice quiet or conceal the fact she was trying to explain the magazine to him 

"This guy..." she stated pointedly "...is actually the most eligible bachelor in London at the minute...." She nodded, making him look at it. "It details inside his secrets!" She was reading straight off the cover now but whatever. She was excited to get going. 

He glanced around, wondering how many eyes were drawn to the scene she was making. Ugh, Bryony. 

"'e's not jus', but.." Brows furrowed at her next comment. This bloke was the most eligible bachelor in London? Sure, he may be buff and all, but Axel reckoned they could've picked someone better than him. 

Maybe she was right. With a bit of shaping, he could look better than that guy. "Bry, 'ow much time do you spend reading these magazines?"

Bryony was getting frustrated. He wasn't listening to her. "You could look like this! Focus!" 

His question had thrown her though. In truth she spent far too long reading these types of magazines, and probably too much money on them and all the products they pushed. But she wasn't about to admit that to him. 

"That doesn't matter...just look at this please..." She now flicked to the next page pointing out something else. 

"I am focused!" he argued, now making a point to focus harder lest she release more of her temper. Toby was right. Girls were scary when mad.

"I'm lookin', I'm lookin'." He flipped the page, realizing he was staring at the pictures much more than the words. Not because he had any interest in buff men - he just didn't like to read if he could help it.

He pointed to a dude in a dashing blue suit. "I could get this for jus'.." His eyes widened at the amount of galleons. "Bry, I haven' got that kind of money!"

Bryony smiled as he was beginning to like the look of a suit. Though the smile was replaced by a pout when e started moaning about the price. 

"I do..." She then grinned wickedly, her eyes dancing with excitement. though they didn't lift from the page.

"but even if you don't...you can look good on the cheap..." She rolled her eyes getting more frustrated with him now "This is just inspiration...."

Axel would not accept money from a girl, even if the girl was Bryony, However, the idea that he could look good in something similar, but cheaper (and she could be his fashion guide) was intriguing. He waggled his brows. "I would, wouldn' I?"

"Tha's fine. So show me what you wan' me to do or look at then, Bry. Stop gettin' mad."

Axel felt like no matter what he did/said, Bry was only getting more frustrated with him. He was about ready to throw his hands up and surrender. Alrigh', alrigh', I'll do whatever you want. He really would, if it meant dampening her irritation. He basically had already. Axel may have a lazy streak, but his loyalty shined brighter and when it came to winning a smile from his friends, there was little he wouldn't do.

"Yes..." She rolled her eyes trying to reason with him, then they widened as a streak of excitement ran through her. 

"You can wear it for the King New Years Eve party...." A smirk grew on her face, eyeing him now 

"which means you'd have something to dress up for..."

Edited by Bryony King