Branchy

Pick Up Sticks With Branchy- The Game

34 posts in this topic

It was early November, the weather wasn't that bad. Branchy was a fan of cooler weather. Laying down in the grass on the edge of the forest, he was laying in a mess of other sticks. Hoping that someone wouldn't brother him today.

He was wrong, before he knew it there were many people over here that were running around picking up sticks. Branchy didn't know what in the world was happening, as he was seeing hands come closer to him he would move to the left and the right. Hoping that whatever these people are doing would leave him alone.

Pick Up Sticks With Branchy
This game will last for one week.

The rules:

You are allowed to post back to back. There is no rule of how many times you are allowed to post, but you may not look for the same type of stick more than three (3) times. You roleplays have to be at least 50WC also you will need to post in your team colors. Hex codes will be given out when your are on a team. At the bottom of your post bold the stick you are looking for. There will be random bonus prizes based on prompts.

The Sticks you are looking for:

A normal outside stick (½ chance) worth 2 points
A mid stick (¼ chance) worth 4 points
An interior stick (⅛ chance) worth 8 points
Find Branchy in the sticks (1/10 chance) worth 10 points

The Teams:
Team Coral: F88369
Rowan Allard
Tori Cage
Alecia Yates
Team Cyan: 008b8b
Fletcher Barrow
Jake Rodgers
Team Lime: 32cd32
Ryan Alterton
Siobhan Arden
Team Magenta: ff00ff
Fern Blackburn
Griffin Finnigan
River Wolfe

if you want to be added to the game please PM me or Cordelia Waldegrave

Edited by Branchy

The autumn breeze was crisp and refreshing; she'd have spent every waking moment outside if the weather could always be like this, somewhere between too cold and just right. Goosebumps dotted her arms and legs as she ran, the wind whipping against her face and her hair just long enough to move with the air. 

She'd joined this weird stick-based game out of proximity to the group rather than a competitive streak or a desperate need to play something. Still, she was going to win - the who knows, the sticks might make an interesting craft project later in the year. She stopped near a particularly nice looking stick, "I'm going to name this one Phillip."

ROWAN IS LOOKING FOR A MID STICK.

It was no surprise that wherever Fin had gone, River was almost always glued to his side.  As his life long best friend who moved away and then came back in PHP, River knew the two would be inseparable.  

"WHOOOOAAAAA!"  River beamed to the girl who had helped trapped some of the first years into a broom closet "Thats a neat stick!  It totally looks like a Phillip!"

Looking to the ground and randomly finding grabbing a stick, he flung his hand into the air and proclaimed what he had found.  

"Look at this stick!  Now this is a stick you can hang on your fireplace!"

River is looking for an interior stick

Edited by River Wolfe
Color

The first year had definitely looked familiar, but faces of her schoolmates all sort of blurred together sometimes so she could have just been making that up. Granted, his enthusiasm at her chosen name made her hope she wasn't; this was the kind of person she would want to be friends with. She needed more happy people and less grumps in her life. 

"I don't think you should hang sticks on your fireplace unless you're trying to burn your place down." Rowan said with a giggle, reaching for another stick. 

ROWAN IS LOOKING FOR A NORMAL, OUTSIDE STICK.

Alecia had decided that she needed to get outside more often instead of being in the dueling chamber. When she found out about a game of pick up sticks, the Gryffindor found herself wanting to participate in this game. Her team consisted of two people that she didn't know. 

Thinking that this would be a good opportunity to get to know new people, Alecia reached for her first stick.

Alecia is looking for an normal stick.

"How would it burn the house down?" River questioned looking to the girl.  "It would be in top of the fireplace! Not dangling in front of it!"  The boy giggled before the gir picked another stick

"OOOOH!" The boy beamed once more taking the stick from Rowan.  "That looks to be like a good whack stick!"  

Quickly, the boy ran to his friend and shouted "HAY FIIIEEEN!"  Running behind the boy and slapping the back of the other's legs.

River is looking for a normal stick

Somehow Cordelia had become a babysitter, which was a very scary thought. Especially because Mr. Torchy was tucked away in her satchel a few feet away, nothing like the having a live fire near children playing with sticks. Having briefly covered the rules until a butterfly flew buy. Apparently she had covered enough of the details as when she came back to reality the kids were playing and everyone still had ten fingers and toes.

"Phillip?" she questioned Rowan's naming skills, "How about Sir Phillipe the Seventeenth of Stickland." Cordy thought she almost had Rowan on her side, when Pickaxe Boy decided to chime in. Ugh, she was so close to convincing Rowan to name her as Godmother to Sir Phillipe.

Leaving Rowan and River to continue their scheming on ways to burn down the castle, Cordy moved onto someone her own age. "GO Alecia, find the sticks," she bobbed and hummed as the Gryffindor went in for a stick, "Find the sticks! Only the good sticks." Very helpful, no doubt.

The Results

Rowan's search for a Mid Stick is UNSUCCESSFUL

River's search for an Interior Stick is UNSUCCESSFUL

Rowan's search for a Normal Stick is UNSUCCESSFUL

Alecia's search for a Normal Stick is SUCCESSFUL

River's search for an Normal Stick is SUCCESSFUL

The Standings

Team Coral:  2

Team Cyan:  0

Team Lime:  0

Team Magenta:  2

Game note: Team Lime's color code is #32cd32

Her first attempt at looking for a stick had proved to be successful. To reward herself, Alecia got out blood pop and started to lick it. "Come on team. Let's go over here and see if we can find some nifty sticks," she said pointing towards an area where nobody else was looking. She was starting to wonder how long she could keep looking because her stomach was starting to rumble.

This was going be fun. But then again the muggleborn fourth year new pick up anything was fun. Tori decided while being the oldest in her team she was going pick something cool worthy. Well it seem cool worthy after hearing the motivation speech from Alecia. She found a stick that seem extremeley cool in her eyes. " Well okay Alecia." she said. "We can do this as an awesome team." she said. Then she began to search for the stick that she want to. 

Tori is looking for an normal stick. 

It was normal for Shiver to be outside no matter the weather, but today was good weather. The air was perhaps a bit cool for some, but it was just right for Siobhan, who enjoyed the nip in the breeze. She took a deep breath and held it, eyes searching for something to do. That was when they landed on a group clustered by the forest, and Shiver couldn’t help but want to investigate. Oh, a game! Shiver grinned as she saw Cordelia and immediately approached a younger Hufflepuff who she hadn’t met before.

“Hi, are you playing too? Want to see how many sticks we can find together?” Shiver asked the girl hopefully, leaning down and trying to pick out a normal looking stick. “Hey Cordy… are you going to do crafts with the sticks?” Shiver asked curiously. Not that she needed a reason – any activity that took place out of doors was something she was interested in taking part in.

Siobhan is looking for a normal stick.

Ryan had already been close to the Forbidden Forest when she'd seen a bunch of students cluster around, picking things up. Curiously, Ryan closed her Potions textbook, stuck it in her bag, and went to see what they were all doing. It seemed to be a game. A pick up sticks game. The Hufflepuff smiled widely because she'd played a version of this loads of times back home with her brothers. 

An older girl, a Hufflepuff, asked if she'd like to play with her. Ryan nodded her head quickly and said, "Sure, it'll be fun!" before looking to see who was in charge. Ry recognized the girl, but couldn't remember her name. "What happens if one team wins the most finds?" the First Year shouted out, looking around near her partner.

Ryan is looking for a mid stick.

Slightly hurt that Alecia flat out ignored her cheerleading, Cordy decided to check in on the other member of Team Coral. "Uhh-- you might not want to pick that one," she cautioned Tori but it was too late. She would have to teach Tori the ways of pickup sticks later, because SIOBHAN!

"HI," she pounced onto her housemate capturing her in a hug. "Oh I can't play because I'm hosting on behalf of Branchy, he's my stick friend. Except he's not a stick." For the life of her Cordy couldn't remember what species Branchy had hold her he was, must have been the stick to human language barrier. "You can't weld a stick silly," she shook her head before skipping off to check in on the other stick picker-uppers.

Cordelia had a really good answer to Ryan's question, she even looked longingly at her satchel with Mr. Torchy nestled inside, but she couldn't possibly say her plan out loud. Something about witnesses or something. Instead Cordy just made aggressive head gestures at her satchel and then all the non Hufflepuff's. Hopefully Ryan spoke Cordelia and could figure it out.

The Results

Alecia's search for a Normal Stick is SUCCESSFUL

Tori's search for a Normal Stick is UNSUCCESSFUL

Siobhan's search for an Normal Stick is SUCCESSFUL

Ryan's search for an Mid Stick is UNSUCCESSFUL

The Standings

Team Coral: 4

Team Cyan: 0

Team Lime: 2

Team Magenta: 2

Prompt Time

Bees? An angry swarm of Earwigs is less than pleased that you disturbed their home.

Edited by Cordelia Waldegrave

Fern just shook her head as she watched River and Fin's antics. Sure, they might smack each other with sticks while they were at it, but she was grateful for their energy right now. 

"Hang on, did you say stick friend? A.. a bowtruckle?!" the Ravenclaw asked Cordelia, ignoring her rambunctious team mate's antics for now. She was studying those for her COMC internship and still hadn't met one yet, and desperately wanted to. "Is he here? Can I find him? Is he nice?" she asked as she dug in the pile frantically, unaware that it may be home some nasty earwigs.

Fern is looking for Branchy

Fin had spent quite a bit of time staring into a pile of sticks, debating which would be the best one to grab.  Squinting as he leered decisively, Fin finally reached forward and decided on a stick.  "This looks like quite the stick if I do say so myself!" he said a loud, only to be interrupted by River smacking the back of his legs.  Turning his attention to his friend; Fin smiled and began to swing his stick in the Ravenclaw's face and  "Hey Rivvvaaaa!"  

Fin is looking for a Normal Outside Stick

Nope! this wasnt that much at all to tori. She wasn't haven't that much fun at all. either way the blonde decided to look for something being a stick and not get attack by anything else since well she was muggleborn blonde little girl . Tori did hear what Cordy said " Well, maybe i should pick another stick " she asked the younger student. 

Well this was probably going more interesting. Tori did look around a spot something that look like Branchy . She did it was nice and sweet and not mean. But a good thing is that it was in the middle. So this was good thing in Tori eyes anyway. 

Tori is looking for a mid stick

Digging deeper into the pile of sticks, Fern felt her skin get pinched and quickly withdrew her hand out of instinct, looking at the small welt on it. She eyed the pile for a second, then simply shrugged and kept digging. "I bet he's nice, huh? They're so cute. Does he sit on your shoulder? How did you meet him?" she fired off her questions at Cordy, ignoring a second pinching feeling on her hand.

When suddenly.. a swarm of bugs erupted out of the pile and were e v e r y w h e r e. Whizzing through her hair, into the sleeves of her robes, landing on her arms.. The second year back away and hid behind her team mates who were currently hitting each other with sticks instead of helping her play this game and covered her face with one arm and pulled her wand out of her pocket with the other. "Immobulus!"

Fern is (still) searching for Branchy

Branchy was laying in the sticks while the humans were looking for sticks. He didn’t understand that was happening at all. There seemed to be another human in charge, Branchy knew the human and she was nice, as long as there was no fire.

He felt people trying to pick him up but he kept moving away from them. He didn’t want to be picked up and would much rather be sleeping in the piles.

The Results

Fern search for Branchy is UNSUCCESSFUL

Griffin search for a Normal Stick is UNSUCCESSFUL

Tori search for an Mid Stick is SUCCESSFUL

Fern search for Branchy is UNSUCCESSFUL

Team Magenta gets an extra 2 points for Fern using the prompt

The Standings

Team Coral: 8

Team Cyan: 0

Team Lime: 2

Team Magenta: 2

Team Cyan;; 69 Words.

Jacky had signed up to help out outside and was happy to be out in the fresh air. But playing with people had him all excited. 

And like an unattended five year old he was bouncing all around the place. 

"HEY GUYS WHAT AM I EVEN LOOKING FOR??!?" But then he noticed there was a lot of older students and immediately went back into his shy mode.

Oh dear. 

Jacky is looking for Branchy. 

Alecia turned her attention back to the sticks that needed to be picked up. All of a sudden, a bee headed straight towards her. "Go away," she said backing away from it. She ran into something. It was a tree. The bee was still bothering her. Alecia turned her back on it and reached down for another stick.

Fern was being a bit too inquisitive for the Hufflepuff's liking. Part of her, aka the majority, wanted to aggressive hug Branchy while sounding like one of those seagulls in Finding Nemo. "Mine. Mine. Mine." Instead of acting like as Eloise would say, a two year old, Cordy just skipped away and hoped Fern had an attention span equal to Cordelia.

Again with the questions Fern? "Yes, but he doesn't like blue people." Sure her inner Mummy voice went crazy when she said that, but Mummy could chill because the alternative was far worse.

"Only the coolest stick ever," she hummed while skipping past Jack, "But you don't get to keep him, because he's mine. -- Okay he's the forest's but -- he's mine okay?"

The Results

Jack's search for a Normal Stick is UNSUCCESSFUL

Alecia's search for a Normal Stick is SUCCESSFUL

The Standings

Team Coral:  10

Team Cyan:  0

Team Lime:  2

Team Magenta:  2

Prompt Time

The Building is on Fire You get a bit too close to finding Mr. Branchy for her comfort, and needless to say, Cordy reaches for Mr. Torchy.

Edited by Cordelia Waldegrave

Shiver returned Cordy’s words before listening to what the girl was up to. “Oh, that sounds fun! A stick friend sounds nice, maybe I’ll find one of my own!” Shiver exclaimed with a smile, looking at the stick in her hand and thinking that despite it looking pretty normal, maybe it was a keeper and could be her friend like Branchy was to Cordy. The fact that Branchy wasn’t really a stick had kind of not been absorbed by Siobhan’s brain.

Plus, she was much too busy thinking she might be able to make another new friend of the human variety in the first year girl she’d teamed up with. “Great, I’m Shiver. Well, Siobhan, but everyone calls me Shiver. It’s more fun,” Shiver introduced herself and then shrugged. “I’m not sure. Maybe they win something? My friend Cordy said she…”

Siobhan was cut off by her roommate trying to set her on fire when she grabbed for another, more interesting looking stick. “Ack! Cordy! What are you doing?!” Shiver asked in horror as she dodged out of the way of her roommate’s blowtorch, Mr. Torchy. “I was just trying to find a stick friend of my own,” Shiver added sadly, looking down at the stick she’d managed to grab and wondering if it would be friend material.

Shiver is looking for a mid stick.

Edited by Siobhan Arden

Rowan hadn't collected a whole lot of sticks - apparently her hands weren't made for picking things up, they were more made for dropping things and touching glitter. Regardless, she was going to get the coolest stick, cooler than any stick that came before it. Her eyes glided over the mess of branches and twigs, looking for just the right one. 

Out of the corner of her eye, she thought she saw one of them moving. Perhaps it was one of those cool stick bugs, she could keep it as her second pet - so long as her cat didn't get too excited over it and attempt to play a game of chase with her new friend. 

In a rush, she hopped over to the movement only to be met by a warm whoosh of air and the smell of singed leaves.

Rowan is looking for Branchy!

Edited by Rowan Allard

Fern glared at Cordelia for a moment, then rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at her once her back was turned. Branchy didn't like blue people? As in, Ravenclaws? Well, she would see about that once she finally found him. Her mum used to say something along the lines of "finding the best things when you're not looking" or something- she said tons of cheesy phrases like that- so she decided to give it a rest and go for a regular ol' stick.

The second year thrust her hand in the pile, rummaging around for a branch and hoping nothing stung her this time. Where were her teammates? As she searched in the pile, she glanced around and was half tempted to send some sparks at the boys who were apparently still hitting each other with stucks. "Oi! River, Fin! Come help, ya gits!" she shouted before grabbing the perfect stick and pulling it out, a small flame shooting past her and landing on the wood pile. "OH NO! What if the truckle is in there?" She glared at Cordy for the second time in the last two minutes before pointing the stick at the spreading fire and shouting "Aspergo! Oh.." and then she traded her stick for her actual wand and tried again.

Fern is looking for a normal stick. 

Apparently, Cordelia's friend had decided to make a little visit during their game. Typically, Rowan would have welcomed the intrusion, but she'd just gotten her hair to a length she liked and didn't need anything - like a blowtorch - putting that in jeopardy. Gingerly, she took a few steps away from the girl, knocking over a few sticks in the process. She reached down, keeping her eyes on Cordy, and grabbed for a stick - possibly to defend herself if need be. 

Rowan is looking for a normal stick.

It seems like a human wanted to find him, but with so many sticks around. Branchy was able to move and not be found. All he wanted to do was get some sun. Maybe he should just go to his tree and rest there, maybe no one will mess with him while he is there.

The humans seem to be having fun…

Before he knew it, it seems like there was going to be fire. Branchy needed to get out of here and fast.

The Results

Siobhan’s search for a Mid Stick is UNSUCCESSFUL

Rowan’s search for Branchy  is UNSUCCESSFUL
Fern’s search for normal stick  is SUCCESSFUL
Rowan’s search for a normal stick  is SUCCESSFUL

Siobhan was the first to use the prompt, 2 points to team lime

The Standings

Team Coral:  12

Team Cyan:  0

Team Lime:  4

Team Magenta:  6

Edited by Branchy