Ollie Celeste

Even if you're little you can do a lot

Ollie Celeste

Ever since she had taken to brewing potions in the bathroom, Ollie had created an entire range of advanced materials and had even more simmering away between stalls. Ravenclaw tower had become a hub of brilliant brewing, a colourful array of liquids bubbling and popping with every added ingredient. Naturally, her activities had drawn comments from her year, questioning why she was happy to spend time in the bathroom with potions but not with soap. Even more naturally, Ollie ignored them.

Despite the hygiene tensions, Ollie hoped her year would answer her owl. That previous morning, she had sent owls to her most trusted friends. A simple, short message which read: Meat outside grat hall at six am SHARP! Real IMPORTANT bizness! - Ollie. Avoiding all questions relating to the issue, the Ravenclaw had promised answers at the given time, communicating only in winks and cryptic sentences to avoid anyone figuring out her plan and putting a stop to it.

“Thank you for all coming!” Ollie grinned as her friends approached, the hand on her watch just about to tick onto the hour. “This is a super special HBI operation,” looking at the sea of faces, she realized not all of them were part of the group, “And, er, HBI associates.” There, now no one could be left out! Murmuring passed across the group, and Ollie ignored every question. Reaching into her bag and pulling out a large water bottle, she held it out so her year could appreciate the shimmering contents she had finished only the night before, and had been up until the early hours preparing to perfection. “This is a de-aging potion.”

Well, hopefully it was. She wasn’t sure if it worked, hence their appearance in the hall.

“We’re going to put it in the staff goblets over breakfast.”

Rowan Allard

Six AM? In the morning? Before the sun was even awake?

Rowan was not a morning person. She'd clamored out of her bed and down to the great hall without so much as changing out of her oversized t-shirt pajamas or brushing her hair. This gave her the appearance of a homeless hag, but at least her Heelys looked nice. Yes! She did wear her shoes to bed. All respectable people did that.

Somewhere along the way she'd managed to get her hands on two muffins and a Capri Sun pouch. Casually snacking on the items, she listened to her friend's plan. "Did you seriously wake me up before my regulated hours to poison some teachers?"

Ollie Celeste

"Yes. Any more questions?"

Seeley Pichardo

Six am was an ungodly time of day... thankfully the rustling of Rowan moving about - cued Seeley to get moving as well, and once she remembered that it was all for a mission there was decidedly more of a pep in her step.  

She was pleased to know her agents were coming up with missions all on their own, it filled her with pride and excitement to join them on their own pursuits.  "Let's go, go, go Row!"  She urged, wishing her roommate would have at least changed her shirt as she herself slipped into an outfit of all black, just in case they needed to remain unseen.  

With such little information, she needed to be prepared for anything.   Arriving at the great hall, she grinned at the doling out of instructions.   "Perfect!" She declared, because what else would you do with such a potion... and of course nothing... nothing could go wrong, right? 

"Gimmie some!" 

Selena Watkins

Selena yawned and rubbed at her eyes as her roommate rustled around. She had gotten her owl the day before and couldn't understand why she had bothered with it. THeir beds were only a few a part. Either way, there had to be some good reason if she wanted to meet up at 6 am. She wasn't a big fan of mornings but at least she wasn't affected as badly as Rowan seemed to be. Besides, this idea of Ollie's was actually interesting. Fun in fact. She grinned thinking about young children professors running around.

"So what do you want us to do?" She asked.

Ollie Celeste

Unlike some people who would remain nameless (Rowan) Seeley appeared to be rather enthusiastic about the whole idea. Of course she was, the girl thrived off anything that was either troublesome or related to the professors. Well, mostly Althaus. “Yay! Okay so, I have some other bottles here,” she passed out an assortment of plastic bottles she had picked up off the lawn as part of her recycling project. Carefully dividing the potion across them, she waved away Leah’s offer. “No we can’t touch it! It’s perfect*!”

“So Seeley? I need you to take the left hand side of the table. I’ll work my way across from the right. Does anyone else want to be on pouring duties?” She looked around the small group, her gaze landing on Lena. Not for pouring duties, she had something else in mind for her roommate. “There are other jobs too, to like, make this mission a success. Lena, you gotta be on lookout. If you see any staff approaching distract them in whatever way you can. Try to not lose your wallet this time.” They still hadn’t figured out where that thing had gone…

“Rowan, if you don’t want to pour we could do with someone running to the kitchens and telling the elves to not fill the staff goblets up.”

---

*Quality questionable.

Rowan Allard

"I'm sorry, did you say running? At six in the morning?" Rowan's sleepy expression shifted smoothly into one of both shock and disappointment. Everyone (especially Ollie because hello they were supposed to be best friends) should know by now that she 1) doesn't run anywhere and 2) doesn't exert that kind of effort before noon.

She heaved a quiet sigh, resigning herself to the fact that she was going to have to participate. After all, she hadn't dragged herself out of bed and listened to Seeley's chipper morning good time mood to simply grump and complain through the whole event. She held her hand out, palm up, towards Ollie "Potion me, babe."

Grayden Payne

Grayden woke up promptly at 5 A.M. every morning for his five mile run - the only thing that kept him calm* and grounded most days.

Therefore, Grayden had no problem making the early time. He did, however, twitch slightly as he suppressed editing Ollie's grammar and re-distributing all the notices, but the thirteen year old managed to resist. Sort of. He was still a bit twitchy. He took a quick shower and hustled to the Great Hall, arriving five minutes ahead of schedule.

Selena had told him he could join the HBI which seemed appealing - except when he actually learned what the plan was, his eyes widened. How did this relate to investigations?

"B-but Ollie? I.. are we.. g-going to get in trouble? H-h-ow is this, um, investigating?" (He avoided eye contact with Selena and stood as far away from her as possible.)

*a level below insane 

Desmond Potter

6am.... 

This was early, so naturally he was running late. Ollienwould understand, he wasn't a morning person. He knew that Ollie needed him there. Why else would he have gotten an owl. He didn't know what time it was, he threw on his clothes and ran to the great hall. 

It was a good thing he played quidditch. He would have been out of breath. "Sorry, I overslept" he was there, he didn't know what was happening at all. "What did I miss?" He asked joining everyone else that was there. 

He saw, Ollie, Rowan, Seeley, Selena, Leah, and Grayden.

"What's so important that we had to be here so EARLY in the morning?" This better be important, if not he was going back to sleep.

Ollie Celeste

Okay, asking Rowan to run was a bit ridiculous. Ollie accepted her objections with a nod, and weakly proposed: “You could always walk reaaaaal slowly?” Even as she said it she knew it would never be acted upon, Rowan a girl who also lived for action, once she could be bothered. “Or heely down?” The only time her wheels would be used, however, was to roll up to the staff table. Ollie had already started pouring her some potion. “You can come with me, we’ve got like, the Mendelssohn and James zone. That’s the most dangerous place in the castle.”

“Seeley, make sure to pour extra in Grimsby’s goblet, dude is old.” She gestured to Grimsby’s usual seat. “Grayden, you- we’re not going to get caught!” This plan had been perfected down to the last detail (of course it hadn’t) and Ollie was certain there was no paper trail back to them. “And you can’t go into this thinking we will! I want you to, like, think positive things! Repeat after me: we are not going to get caught.” Ollie didn’t move on until she was happy with Grayden’s repetition skills. Convinced, she fell into momentary silence about what role to give Grayden.

“You’re going to be on watch with Lena,” Ollie declared, because she couldn’t read body language and lived for the drama. “If she can’t charm the professors out of the hall, I need you to cry and pretend you’re injured or something. Anything to stop them from coming in if we aren’t finished. Desmond! I need you to help Seels fill the goblets on that side, we don’t have long, she can give you some of her potion,” she threw him a bottle to collect what he needed. It hit him on the head before clattering to the floor.

“Come on people! Let's get to work!”

Edited by Ollie Celeste

Selena Watkins

Being lookout sounded stupid at first but after a moment of though Selena was on board. Distracting professors would be so much fun. She grinned and nodded along as she listened to everyone getting their roles until...Her face fell. She had to spend time with Grayden? Oh joy. She glanced over at him wondering if they would actually talk about what happened or... no. This wasn't the time. "Sounds great Ollie, good luck!" She wasn't going to question her roommates decisions. This was her show afterall. Besides, Grayden crying because he had somehow gotten hurt sounded like the perfect job for him...even if they had to do this job together.

Selena watched as the others went into the hall and stood by the door awkwardly, wondering if she should say something.

Seeley Pichardo

"Right on!" Seeley nodded, retrieving some of the potion from Ollie and heading towards the goblets at the table she began to poor some of the mixture into each cup.  She rolled her eyes as Desmond came running in, late and then laughed when Ollie shouted about pouring extra into Grimsby's goblet.  

"Will do Ollie!"  She giggled, but the laugh soon wilted as she overheard the girls next directives and she suddenly wished she hadn't been so keen on giving up her leadership role so easily.  Her relationship with Desmond had been anything but easy lately and having to work closely with him, especially so early in the morning wasn't exactly something that would make this extra fun.    

Focusing directly on the task at hand, she did her best to pretty much ignore Desmond as he joined her at her end of the staff table, she simply handed off one of the bottles of potion and kept right on pouring.   

Desmond Potter

Work with Seeley, if this was before the fight they had he would have been happy to work with her. They had not really talked at all, not since their duel. He missed his best friend, he missed talking to her about everything. He wanted her back, he just didn't know how that was going to work out at all. Still, he walked over to where Seeley was. Taking a deep breath. He knew that he would be able to talk to her, not like in the chamber. No yelling, no fighting.

It seemed that she didn't want to talk, he took the bottle that he was handing her. "Hey Seeley." Someone needed to break the ice, and why not Desmond. He was the one that messed this up, he didn't know how. It was his fault, somehow.

"What are we doing?" He still didn't know why he had to be here, early in the morning, before the sun was even out.

Ollie Celeste

Ollie poured the potion into each goblet, oblivious to the various dramas she had instigated.

"We don't have long so hurry up!"

Grayden Payne

"We, we are-are n-n-n-are-----n-ot, g-going to n-ot, get caught, I-I mean, we, they, we're, getting, c-caught, we're- n-not..."

Grayden did good?

No, Ollie, please, no, Ollie, not with her, give me a job with anyone but Selena.

He tried to telepathically send his friend this message, over and over again. It did not go through.

He wouldn't admit it, but she did have a point, putting him here. Distraction by crying was likely the job he was most suited for. Without meeting Lena's eyes, he stuttered, "I-I think, w-watch should be on, um, opposite.. sides. Of the doorway?" Gray then walked across the passage, standing as far away from her as possible. Which was still too close.

Selena Watkins

Selena took one last glance into the Great hall and watched the others work before her thoughts were interupted by Grayden telling her he was going to stand as far away as he possibly could. Ouch. That was hurtful. Of course it was justified but still...She just sighed and stayed silent for a long moment, leaning towards the other side of the door. "You know..." She started, " I'm not going to try and kiss you again or anything. I was just trying to prove a point and I mean what you said before about running into....Cuba, means that I really don't think you two kissed at all. I don't think accidently bumping lips counts but if you and her want to keep doing your dating thing you can go ahead. I won't bother you anymore."

Grayden Payne

That's not what I was thinking, Grayden wanted to say, but he didn't. He (obviously) wasn't scared Selena was going to try to kiss him again - he was scared of confrontation, of talking, of the very things she may bring up.

Which. He couldn't avoid anyway. And it was all logical, but Grayden, he still wasn't socially sensible enough to see that he didn't need to be in a relationship with Cuba, or even to speak on the subject. In his mind, it was all set for the moment.

"Y-you're, not, um, bothering me.." was all he managed.

Seeley Pichardo

Seconds of silence were all that hung between them as Desmond reached for the bottle of potion from Seeley's hand and she felt his fingers brush against hers.  Slowly her eyes shut and stayed closed for several seconds until she heard his voice and as she reopened them she contemplated whether or not to actually answer him.  

His voice was quiet, unsure and even hesitant and even though she was still kind of angry his tone made her feel guilty.  Especially when the thoughts the girls had pelted her with at the sleepover crept back into her head.  They couldn't be right, could they? 

Awkwardly, she glanced over at him and then back to the goblet she was pouring potion into, had she already added enough here?  Oh well... she added more anyway. "Hey..." she answered softly and then cautiously stepped out and around him to move on to the next space.  

"Just, um... just add a bit of the potion into each goblet." She answered, her tone even, almost too calm as she tried to read the situation.  "Ollie said it's a de-aging potion.  It will be pretty funny if it works, yea?"  Pausing she took a chance and looked toward him, offering a small smile that resembled a white flag waving.  

She only hoped he didn't start stuttering again.  

Ollie Celeste

Slowly a whole host of plates appeared around them, bountifuls of toast and jams, platters of bacon, jugs of pumpkin juice… it was a hundred delicate scents at once which would have been welcome if not for the mounting tension. They had been working for a while now, no sign of professor intrusion, but time had escaped them. “Guys, finish up quickly - pour whatever potion you have left into the jugs of pumpkin juice in case they don’t drink from the goblets!” Ollie tipped a generous amount into the closest stash, the shimmering clear potion settling into the juice with little difference.

“Perfect! Pass me your bottles, I don’t wanna get caught,” she transfigured them into empty goblets - hoping that if the professors didn’t want to drink from an already full goblet, they would take an empty one and endure the effects of the hidden potion residue. Hopefully. Ollie actually wasn’t sure what was going to happen. It would be funny regardless. “Someone get Selena and Gray, we’re gonna sit together and um… talk about that stupid History assignment.” Nothing was less suspicious than students complaining about their workload. Sitting at Hufflepuff table, pulling Row to sit beside her, Ollie grabbed her textbook and slammed it in the middle of the group.

“So, er, Voldemort was kinda a douchebag right?”

-----

this thread is now open for professors and other members of staff!

Desmond Potter

There as silenced, he was expecting that. He wasn’t thinking that Seeley was going to talk to them. This week had not been a good week in the friendship of Seeley and Desmond. He just hoped that she would talk to him. That was all he wanted. As his fingers brushed against her, he tried his best not to break, he didn’t know why. When his other female friends hugged him, or anything. Nothing happened, Seeley it was different.

When she answered him, he had a bit of a smile on his face, he was still looking down, he messed up, but he didn’t cheat in their duel. He just didn’t know what was happening, and needed to get to the bottom of it.

“Will do.” He said, small talk, that is what they had at this moment. It was better than nothing. “De-aging?” How does a second year know how to make that. He wasn’t going to question it, he looked over at Seeley and saw that she smiled. He had missed that smile. It was nice to be able to see it again.

“Who is Ollie trying to deage?”

He went to add the potion to the goblets.

When everything was done, he went back to the Hufflepuff table, and went to eat the whole plate of bacon, since Ollie had them here at 6am.

Professor Althaus

Kasper was sleepy as hell. It was six thirty in the morning and he had been up all night trying to figure out what to teach the third years for the next History of Magic class. Salem was, technically, a touchy subject in the wizarding world considering the Trials, but it was still necessary to be taught. He just ... wanted to make it entertaining and fun. That might be hard though. 

"Morning, dears," he mumbled sleepily as he stumbled towards the Great Hall. If he was more cognitively able, he might've wondered why Selena and Grayden (a very quiet second year he'd never actually spoken to, but seemed nice enough) were standing outside of the Great Hall. The matter of it was that he wasn't, so he continued towards the doors. 

Chance Carter

Professor Carter was not a morning person. Nor was he a mid-morning person. Nor a midday, afternoon, or evening person. There was really no time of day in which Chance was pleasant to be around, but now I digress. Back on track. The man entered the Great Hall early in the morning looking fully disgruntled, as usual.

He sat down at the staff table, as usual.

He glanced around irritably, as usual.

He remembered he hated being in the Great Hall at breakfast, as usual.

So he left, as usual.

But not before taking a drink because he was quite parched this early in the day, as usual.

Professor Narsinghani

[shirt of the day]

Six thirty in the morning was not a normal time for humans to be awake and out doing things.

Everyone should still be tucked into their ridiculously warm Spider-Man sheets or even better placing their cold feet under Maureen's legs and laughing when she got mad enough to smack him. Instead, he was groggily stumbling into the Great Hall. He was currently in the process of double fisting coffee out of two black mugs (one said memes the other said not memes).

Unfortunately, by the time he'd reached his spot, they were both empty. A single tear metaphorically ran down his cheek as he had to switch from his caffeine filled liquid gold to whatever it was the house elves had decide they should drink that morning. 

Professor Hambeldon

The tiny man was out of breath by the time he reached the Great Hall. They should really change the rules in his opinion and let him apparate places. It only took him twice as long to get places as everyone else, which meant that he had to rise at an ungodly hour every day. Hogwarts was lucky that he wasn't that much into sleeping anyways.

But he was of course thirsty all the time by the time he got to the Great Hall every morning. And hungry.

Professor Hambeldon took his goblet of pumpkin juice and downed it all at once just like he always did.

Then for good measure, he took another one and drank some more, slower this time. That was customary too. Then he started to read the Prophet as he continued to sip on his juice. 

Professor Althaus

Kasper was yawning, leaning back in his seat, when Sam showed up. He took a bite of bacon and lifted his mug. "I like your mug," he said, toasting Sam's goblet with his own before taking a long sip. "Are the second years being abnormally quiet or is that just me?" he asked no one in particular, but did catch @Professor Foster's eye. Maybe she had learned his name between the last time they had spoken and now. 

Edited by Professor Althaus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.