Ethan Smith

Have you ever seen a Kneazle so cute

11 posts in this topic

Ethan had decided to take on an internship this year, with learning about Kneazle. When he signed up for it he could see that Sophia had signed up also. Perfect. He would be able to ask her if they should work on the internship together. Two people is better than one, when it comes to a creature that you didn’t know anything about.

He owled Sophia earlier in the week to meet him in the lawn, on the first day October, thinking it would be the perfect time. Ethan was one to get to somewhere early, as he stood outside the Care of Magical Creature classroom, he hoped that Sophia would be there soon.

Looking up from the book he got from the library, about Kneazle. He could see his Ravenclaw friend heading his way. “Sophia, over here.” He yelled out, he was sure that she could see him. Still, he wanted to make sure that she knew he was there. “Have you ever worked or watched a Kneazle before?” Ethan sure hasn’t, but he was sure that it would be alright. Professor Qin wouldn’t have let him do this if they were not safe. Right? He sure hoped so.

Had it really been a month that they had been back to Hogwarts already?  Time had seemed to flown with the additional classes they were taking in electives.  Add in the internship that Sophia had applied for and been granted and things were definitely kept busy.  She had hardly gotten to spend any time with Morty yet and they were in the same dorm.

However, it was not Morty that Sophia was heading outside to meet right now but rather her favorite Hufflepuff, Ethan.  She had received his note and had sent a quick affirmative reply that she would be there.  Not wanting to be late, she had made sure to grab the journal she planned to keep for the project and headed out to the agreed meeting spot, waving as she approached her classmate and friend.

"Hey, Ethan," she called out in response to his call.  "Actually, yes, a little bit," she added in reply to his question.  "Not a lot of time but some.  Are you ready for this?"

wc = 171

Looking out, he was glad that Sophia showed up. He didn’t mind working on the internship alone. Ethan just didn’t think that it would be any fun, having to do it alone. Knowing that Sophia picked the same creature that he did. It shouldn’t be that hard to work together.

Turns out that Sophia had worked a with them before. This was going to be the first time that Ethan had dealt with another creature that wasn’t Sableplume. “That is good to know, I have a notebook here to write down anything that we are able to learn about them.”

Ethan smiled as he made he made his way inside the classroom, holding the door open for Sophia. It was the proper thing to do. “I hope that we get to see them as kittens and able to write down how the adapt to getting older.” That would be something fun to write about, how the get used to their new place and how fast they grow. “I did read ahead,” that is just what Ethan does. “I read that they are very highly intelligence and can be a little aggressive.”

As she entered the classroom, thanking him for holding the door, she explained.  "I was able to visit them a couple of times when one of my housemates had the internship last year.  I didn't actually take care of them but I did get to observe them once or twice."  She held up her notebook she had just taken out of her backpack with a grin.  "Me, too," she said.

Heading over to the area where the kneazles made their home, Sophia stopped, bounced on her toes with excitement, and pointed for Ethan to see.  "We are!" she exclaimed happily as four little balls of fur began stirring and waking up from a nap.  Her grin grew at Ethan's admission that he read ahead.  "Your Ravenclaw is showing," she teased him, good-naturedly. 

wc = 130

Edited by Sophia Hunter
fix rp

“At least you have seen them before, I have only read about them.” Since he always liked to read ahead on anything that he was doing. He never once thought about looking into magical creatures, until last year when he was learning about Hippogiffs, since he had a flight. This year he was looking forward to taking Care of Magical Creatures.

Walking with Sophia over to them, he was able to see that they were starting to wake up. They were so cute. Ethan never had a pet before, but he wouldn’t mind take care of these. Seeing the four little kittens. “I guess the hat put me in the wrong house.” He grinned, knowing that he would have been a good fit for Ravenclaw also, “would they get upset if we pick them up?”

Ethan hoped not, he wanted to hold the little kneazle, but he didn’t know how they would feel being around two humans. He has only ready about them, writing down in his notebook about how they moved away from one another when they wake up from their nap.

"Well, what I saw of them, they were pretty much behaving like regular cat kittens just a little bigger in size for the same age," she explained as the little ones stretched and sprawled and began waddling over to the pair.  Sophia grinned at the four kittens and opened her journal to begin jotting down notes about the litter.

She watched as one particular one seemed to be making a beeline for Ethan.  "Hmmm," she said.  "Looks like you have an admirer coming your way."  The kitten began trying to climb onto Ethan's foot.  Motioning for him to join her, Sophia settled in a spot on the floor to allow the four kittens to come to them if they wanted to.

wc = 121

Edited by Sophia Hunter
add wc

Seeing the kittens move a little more, they were starting to wake up. He hoped that if he was to pick one up that it wouldn’t attack him. He was always worried that he would get attacked by a creature that he doesn’t know. While he read about them, he was still worried. “That is good, I just know from reading that they can know if someone is distrusting.” Ethan wasn’t one of those people and he didn’t think Sophia was also.

Which was the truth, as one was trying to climb on him. He took a seat so it would be able to get closer to him. He looked at how this one looked. It had a some spots on it and its tail looked just like a lion. “I wonder if there are half bread or full.” He asked, as the kitten was walking up to him as another one came his way. Seeing the others head towards Sophia. “It looks like they trust us.” He grabbed his notebook and wrote down, that the kittens didn’t think they were distrusting. Since they had not attacked them or anything, but come and cuddle with them.  

"Well they apparently trust us," Sophia said, making her judgment on the way they were climbing at the two of them.  She remained sitting on the floor as the four kneazle kittens climbed, stumbled, rolled, and bounced between the two third year students.  It was a funny sight to behold sometimes as they tried to pounce each other.  They were definitely playful though still had some lessons in gracefulness to learn.  But they were fun to watch and Sophia laughed at their antics even as she took notes in her journal.

One kitten came over and began sniffing her fingers before trying to gnaw her index finger.  "Hmmm," she mused, looking over at Ethan.  "Think he's trying to say he's hungry?"

wc = 121

((OOC: Just a friendly passing-by post. Let me know if you want me to delete this post))

Instead of doing his job, Connor had been lounging and taking a nap outside the lawn right next to the Care of Magical Creatures classroom. He had found a particularly shady spot, which was perfect for taking a nap in the still relatively nice weather of October. Within moments, he had been fast asleep (and in fact had been snoring). He didn't know how long he had been asleep for when he was suddenly awoken by the sound of voices nearby entering into the classroom. Sitting up abruptly, Connor looked over to see a pair of third years disappear inside. Because Connor was curious to see what they were up to, he decided to hang back and then follow them inside eventually. 

Really he just wanted to see if they would be good candidates for a prank.

Entering, Connor just caught the last part of their conversation and he just so happened to have the thing they needed. "Get those from Professor Qin?" he asked them abruptly as he brushed off some grass that had remained on his robes from his nap outside. "Luckily for the two of you, I have a couple of kneazle treats right here." 

Digging around in his pockets, Connor pulled out a handful as he handed them to Sophia. "Don't ask me how I got these either. I just happened to have them." With that, Connor turned around and walked back out of the classroom. He'd find some other people to prank. Connor was pretty sure Professor Qin would be livid with him if she found out the kneazles had been a part of his prank. 

Edited by Mr Ford
tl;dr - edited this so it's now in the appropriate location as Sophia kindly pointed out <3

It was nice to know that the Kneazle kittens trusted them. Ethan had never really dealt with any kind of magical creatures, beside the hippogriff. Watching as the kittens were climbing and jumping. He wrote in his notebook what they were doing. Keeping notes was the best way to keep an eye on these. Knowing that the kittens could change at any moment.

While Sophia was asking if they were hungry the caretaker walked in. He kind of scared Ethan a bit making him jump with the kitten in his hand. Which scared the kitten to run away from him, making Ethan a little sad. “She is allowing us to watch them for an internship.” Knowing that there was no way they would be in trouble, they were allowed in here. Handing them some treats.

“Thank you. Maybe the kitten will come back to me now.” Knowing that Sophia had the snacks, he decided to watch what the kittens were going to do and to make sure that he wrote down everything in the notebook.  

Watching the kittens play and interact, Sophia would jot notes into her notebook between answering demands for ear scratching from the aforementioned kittens.  Sophia wasn't expecting anyone else to come into the classroom -- at least anyone else who was not Professor Qin.  So she jumped a bit at the sound of someone new arriving though she recognized the groundskeeper and relaxed.  

"Hi Mr. Ford," she greeted him as Ethan then explained what they were doing in the classroom.  "Oh, thank you!" she replied as the older man offered some treats for them to give the kittens.  It was not a problem to 'ask no question' because they didn't have to answer any.  For now, she was just glad to have something to offer the kittens till they were able to get the creatures food dishes filled.  

It seemed the kneazle kittens did not care how the treats came into Mr. Ford's possession either just that they were not coming into theirs.  Sophia grinned at Ethan as she fed them treats and he took notes, knowing she'd get the information from him later.

wc = 182