Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shiloh Paige

Paige, Shiloh

7 posts in this topic

I, Shiloh Wright Paige, have read the Rules & Guidelines.

Name: Shiloh Wright Paige

Blood Status: Halfblood

Are you new to VH? (Yes/No): No, very much no

What do you want to learn the most from this school? (in character): I suppose I'm looking to meet the people I'm going to spend time with for the next seven years. Probably also to get a jump on what will actually happen in the future too, I guess.

What do you want to learn the most from this school? (out of character): I'm looking to not really have to "learn" persay, although the site has made changes since I was last here. I'm looking for people who I can role play with more regularly and perhaps actually build plot with instead of being the antisocial kid that only does lessons and nothing else. Shiloh is also my secret mean-girl persona, so we'll see if that actually works out in the end for me.

A few things your character likes doing in her free time: As of currently, Shiloh is interested in Fantasy -- but like real fantasy like in the books. But she's not a nerd okay? Just to make sure we're clear on that. Also she likes acknowledging and showing that she's better than everyone.

Edited by Shiloh Paige
spacing yo

Shiloh Paige

VH36

PHP Lesson 1

Workbook Totally Started

➽ Extra Credit (WC:277)

Shiloh looked at her mom sideways. "Wait whats a Hogwart though?" The ten year old was more than a little confused, she had been looking forward to a boarding school with cute blazers and short skirts and everything. She had been drawing out the modifications she was going to make to her wardrobe and now her mother was telling her that her entire goal was over and done with.

Just because of some stupid letter.

"Shy, this is important, they're going to help you with your magic."

Shiloh rolled her eyes -- abilities was just another word for secretly being a freak. "What if I don't want to be some sort of X-men?" she asked still angry that her mother had even thought that this was a good idea. However her mother wouldn't let it drop.

"You're going Shiloh, Hogwarts is where I went to sc--."

"Where you learned to be a freak, no wonder dad left us. And now you want me to be like that too?" Shiloh was not okay with this outcome. Magic was just not going to be a thing she was okay with, it wasn't Middle Earth. This was reality and fantasy needed to stay where it was.

She stormed away from her mother. All of her friends were going where they wanted and now she was going to be not only shipped off to who knows where with a bunch of freaks but also some weird summer school. None of this, she didn't want it at all.

"You're a witch, Shiloh, no matter how much you try to ignore it." Her mother whispered as she watched her daughter storm away.

Edited by Shiloh Paige
Adding WC

Shiloh Paige

VH36

PHP Lesson 2

➽ Shiloh Wright Paige
Pre-Hogwarts Primary, VH36
I never wanted this

Extra Credit (WC:146)

"What do you mean it's not allowed?" Shiloh looked at the prefect with an exasperated face. "I don't wanna do a detention with them." She jabbed a finger in the direction of the people who had obviously hooked her into the entire debacle in the first place. "It's not my fault."

"I don't care, you were part of it so you have to deal with the consequences."

Shiloh took a step back, an expression flitting across her face like she was slapped. "Why should I care. I wasn't even involved." Obviously this Prefect couldn't even tell the difference between someone who was actually doing the wrong thing and an observer.

"Guilty by association, and if you keep arguing with me Paige that'll be another four points."

Shiloh's mouth hung open, "But...but"

"But...but" the prefect mocked. "But I can and I will. Just give me a reason."

Edited by Shiloh Paige
Adding WC

➽ Shiloh Paige

VH36

PHP Lesson 3

➽ Abrasive - Shiloh isn't fully used to her own life and as such she tends to strike out at other people. Or in the case that she isn't striking out at someone else she gets prickly. It can turn into an introspective or internalization of her own frustration and anger. Eventually it will explode all over someone. Alternately, she just rubs people the wrong way.

➽ Discontented - Shiloh knows that this isn't all that is in store for her; there has to be more. Obviously she isn't particularly happy with her lot in life about being a witch but she doesn't even know if that's because her father left because she started showing powers or because of some of the strange things that had happened. One way or another it left her with what she perceives is a gaping hole in her life that she will eventually try to fill.

➽ Discreet - Shiloh doesn't make friends completely easily, but she knows how to keep secrets. The easiest way to loose a friend is to destroy their trust; and therefore she works to hold whatever trust she can in a locked box. In her mind 'loose lips sink ships' and 'snitches get stitches'. Why loose another friend over a careless word; they're hard enough to come by.

Farsighted - Shiloh always has plans for the future. She has goals and aspirations, though she won't always talk about them, they are always on her mind. She sets goals and tries to meet them as best as she can and through whatever means necessary. The push to be something better always has her reaching for the stars and beyond.

➽ Proud - Shiloh stands with her head high when it comes to her own achievements. She might be even a little boastful of them in the long run because she frequently thinks more highly of herself than other people do. But how can other people love you if you won't even love yourself?

Extra Credit (WC:125)

"I don't want to go. Your Mum is weird and a freak."

"Shiloh that's your grandmother you're talking about."

"And she's weird and smells like mothballs." The ten year old whined again. "Last time I was at her house her head rolled around and her eyes went all white and she started talking in all of the weirdest voices." Shiloh said remembering the horrible encounter over breakfast. "What if she does it again?"

Her mother just looked at her with a blank look. "She what?"

"She started talking in a weird voice and she told me that I would have to do things against what I wanted for my good in the end." Shiloh blew out a long sigh. "I don't want to go back."

Edited by Shiloh Paige
Adding WC

➽ Shiloh Paige

VH36

PHP Lesson 4

The Basics

My name is Shiloh Wright Paige, I was sorted into TBD House. I was born on the 27th of June and I grew up in Easton, Bristol. I am considered a Half blood although my blood type is O+. I have been called Abrasive, Discontented, Discreet, Farsighted and Proud.

Appearance

qW3M4k

I have Dark Brown hair and eyes, I generally wear my hair long and straight, I am about Five feet tall at this point in my life and I have some freckles and high cheekbones.

Play by: Muriel Beal

Family

My Father's name is Sean Paige, he was a muggle and he no longer lives with my mother. My mother's name is June Paige, she's a witch and she does accounting for some bank. I am at the moment an only child.

➽ Extra Credit (WC: 73)

Shiloh looks at her hands. "So you see my mum is a witch and she doesn't actually do that well with people. She's an accountant; that means she works with numbers and money. I'm not sure what my dad does anymore, he left as soon as he found out that my mum was a witch." She looks around nervously.

"Its why I don't want to be one, because maybe he'll hate me too."

Edited by Shiloh Paige
Lesson number, play by tagline, Adding WC

➽ Shiloh Paige

VH36

PHP Lesson 6

Lesson RP (WC: 311 )

"No Mum, I don't want any pet." Shiloh said as her mother was dragging her down Diagon Alley, "Unless I could have a dragon, is that okay? It's witchy, right?" She knew her mother was going to say no and get her some sort of witchy pet anyway but she could hope and dream in her own mind, right?

"Shiloh I don't understand how you can act like this in public, you know this is hard for me as well." Her mother said as she pulled her closer and knelt to look into her daughter's hard, angry eyes. "Perhaps a cat or an owl would be something that you could bond with?"

Even the reluctant witch could hear the pleading in her mother's voice.

She rolled her eyes, "I suppose I could look." The relieved look on her mother's face did absolutely nothing to make Shiloh's mood actually change. "How about a dog, could we get a dog?" The answer was also no to that. "So I'm stuck between a cat and an owl, lame."

"Well, unless you want a toad."

"A toad?" Shiloh blinked, "Are you for real, Mum." She wasn't even going to give a toad the time of day, it was something she called one of the boys from her primary classes. "Maybe an owl then. Birds can be fierce. And they're the closest thing to a dragon any way."

"It's supposed to be a familiar spirit, Shiloh, pick something that you think you could live with forever."

"This big thing looks like it could eat Jill, I think he'd be perfect." She didn't have to see the face-palm to know it happened. "An Eagle Owl? Shiloh are you sure."

"Yes his name is Sanderson, and he hates people who annoy me." the bird looked like it was being annoyed by Shiloh, but that wasn't really a surprise.

Banks and Shops are currently unavailable.

➽ Extra Credit (WC: 67)

"It's a pig." Shiloh said as she looked at the tiny pink creature that was chewing on a carrot. "What am I supposed to do with it?" The answer was apparently play with it and bond with another creature for friend reasons.

She didn't get it, it wasn't like she was going to be here forever, so what was the point of making friends with a pet?