Professor Bourdelle

Cleaning the U-Bend, Thinking about Death

13 posts in this topic

Sometimes, Bourdelle really didn’t understand why children did what they did. As far as she was concerned, she’d been perfectly well behaved at their age (the sass she’d often thrown around was a distant memory, shriveled to dust in the back of her overused mind), and yet these… these had deemed it their right to cause havoc in just their first week of school. It was absolutely mental that she had to dish out dish out so many punishments already, but no matter. At least the house elves got a break out of it for a short while. She instructed them to leave the bathroom alone that afternoon so it’d be extra filthy by the time the delinquents arrived for their punishment.

And she wasn’t to be disappointed either.

When the student arrived at her office at six o’clock,Dahlia stood by the doorway in wait for them. “Wands, please” she instructed, holding out her hand for them to pass them over. “Refuse to give them up and you’ll be seeing me for more than a day. Think a week would be more fitting, actually…” She offered them a stern glance over until the last of those with at least a speck of sense disarmed themselves. “Right. Now if you’ll follow me… I’ve got a bit of a surprise for you.”

She led the students down to the especially dirty loo then and stepped just inside to allow the rest to file in.  “I know there seems to be a bit of a debate on who is actually responsible for your ruckus, but from where I was standing it looked as if each and every one of you were at least responsible for a small part of it. So-“ with a flick of her wand, a bucket of toothbrushes was conjured and fell to the floor before them. “For the next few hours, you lot will be spending your time cleaning up this space and making the house elves’ already busy lives a bit less so. Then, once it is sparkling so brightly you can see your reflection in the toilet seats, you may write down your recollections of the event.” Another flick brought forth a stack of parchments and quills. “And turn them in to me. Do I make myself clear?”

She sure hoped so, because neither she nor they were going anywhere until this was done.

“Perfect. I suggest you get busy, then.”

Welcome to your detention, kids! Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to complete three posts each of at least 100 words completing the task assigned to you. Do this and you may be rewarded with something once the shop systems are back up and running. Have fun with it! And remember- I’m always watching~

Post 1

Word Count: 119

His second detention of the term. Awesome. Thank you very much, River Wolfe. "No," he said to the Professor when she extended her hand to him with the collected wands of the others. "I will do your detention, but I'm not giving up my wand. I know better than that. I would rather serve detention for a week than allow you to make me weak." Aunt Darcie would be proud of him. "Death Eaters attacked the castle last year. It's wrong of you to demand our wands."

Taking the toothbrush, he glared daggers at River. That boy was going to find his head dunked in one of these toilets that he was being forced to clean... with a toothbrush.

Fin had obligingly given his wand to Professor Bourdelle, while shooting a dis-approving look towards Killian.  It seemed half the student's blamed the Ravenclaw; River Wolfe, but Fin and a couple others knew that the Slytherin was partially to blame for ratting on the group of first years.  The Hufflepuff knew that River wasn't completely innocent; casting a knockback jinx at that Dursley girl regardless of what she was shouting in his face wasn't the best way to handle the situation, however he couldn't really blame him knowing their history.  

Fin grabbed a toothbrush and diligently began scrubbing the inside of a toilet bowl while whistling and singing "It's a hard knock life...for us!" into the fowl smelling toothbrush.  He hoped adding a bit of comedic relief to the situation would help ease things a bit as the tension was so thick in the room it could be cut with a knife. 

Edited by Griffin Finnigan

WC: 136

Giving his wand to professor Bourdelle, River sighed as he heard Killian refusing to give up wand.   "Awww, does baby not want to give up something that makes him feel like a man?  I see you refused to give the school nurse something else when you dropped off Vernie as well."  Giving His bully a rude gesture while bumping into the other's shoulder.

Anger did not suite the Ravenclaw well, but when he was upset, little to nothing could change his mind from it.

As he followed the professor and the group of students to their detention, River grabbed a toothbrush and went to the same toilet as Fin.  "Thanks for standing up for me."  He looked to his long time friend.

"I really appreciate it."  The boy spoke as he began to scrub the toilet.

1st Post | 258 Words

If it weren't for the company, maybe he wouldn't mind serving detention for a crime he didn't commit. Sure, the detention would be tarnishing his good name, but at least he'd be free of annoyances as he suffered his punishment. The others were, after all, the rowdy crowd that got him in trouble to begin with. Who knew what kind of mischief the others would get up to while they were gathered in a confined space. Surely the professor didn't think this was a good idea? He was tempted to ask... but he didn't want to seem like he was talking back and risk another detention.

He easily handed over his wand. As the other blond boy suggested, it wasn't very smart to be giving up their wand in times like these. However, Casper barely knew any spells; in a fight against Death Eaters, he'd be useless anyway. Best to just give it up and avoid another day cleaning toilets.

He blinked at the pile of toothbrushes, inwardly groaning. Merlin's beard, this was going to take ages, especially if people [mostly Wolfe at this point] were intent on passing digs and starting arguments. Toothbrush in hand, the boy passed by everyone before settling in a stall by himself --- he nearly retched at the sight. "I'm going to be sick," he muttered. The nausea was only worsened by Fin's incessant singing; it too made him sick to his stomach.

What had he done to deserve this?

"No singing... please." He even tacked on the nicety through gritted teeth.

Edited by Casper Abernathy

Word Count: 214

Growling in rage behind Professor Bourdelle’s back, Asha threw her toothbrush angrily to the floor. She couldn't believe she had gotten put into detention with these idiotic blokes. Didn't her word count for anything? Stupid River and his potion. 

He was on her list. As was Bourdelle. It didn't help that the professsor taught perhaps the most boring subject at Hogwarts, History of Magic. At least, that was Asha’s opinion. 

Sighing, she settled into one of the filthy, disgusting stalls that was covered in grime and muck. Not that Asha was squeamish or anything - she was used to playing in the mud. But it was the actual work that she was being forced to do that she minded. Hearing a little bit of a gagging noise and the word ‘sick from the neighboring stall, Asha’s eyebrow shot up as she knew exactly who that voice belonged to. Casper. Sensing an opportunity, Asha hissed at him. “You know, you should pretend to be really sick or maybe just actually get sick,” she whispered in a low tone. “And then you’ll get taken to the Hospital Wing where you won't have to deal with this like the rest of us.”

Asha didn't know why she was helping him, but perhaps it would pay off later.

Hearing Casper plea for the Hufflepuff to quit singing, Fin obliged as he felt a small bit of guilt.  The only reason that the young Gryffindor was even there when the professor found them (thanks to Killaian) was because he and Asha had blocked the doorway and refused to let him leave.  Silently scrubbing to sound of Casper gagging and holding back his vomit, Fin stopped when he heard another voice from a separate stall with a suggestion for the ill sounding boy.  

He immediately recognized Asha's voice and clearly heard her suggestion for the boy to either feign being sick or actually getting sick.  "That's a brilliant idea" Fin whispered loudly.  "If there is anyone here who doesn't belong here, it's you." the Hufflepuff admitted.  "But you know what....Operation rescue Casper is underway...and there is no room for error!" he said more enthusiastically

Just then, Fin burst into song louder than before and gave a strong vibrato with his words; all while leaning towards the stall containing the queasy Gryffindor.  "IM WALKING ON SUNSHINE, WOAH OHH!"

WC: 114

As he began to scrub the toilet next to him, River giggled as Fin continued to sing.  Then, hearing his friends plan, River nodded as he was on board for the operation.

"Yeah!"  He beamed to Casper as he dug through his jacket.  "And I have enough snack to last us if we have to go underground!"  Patting his inner robe pocket, the first year went back to scrubbing.

"PHEW!" Wiping his forehead after scrubbing for what felt like hour he nudged Fin, "So when does this operation start?  I'm running out of elbow grease!"  

Before long, it was River who broke out into song.  "TELL ME MOAR, TELL ME MOAR!  LIKE, DOES HE HAVE A CAR?"

Edited by River Wolfe

2nd Post | 233 Words

The nausea must be giving him delusions. There was no way in Gringotts that Asha Richardson was offering him advice. "You're helping me?" he hissed back, brows raised. He was directing his words toward the stall wall like he was talking to Asha herself... it was mostly so he didn't have to look at the gross toilet. "What's in it for you?" There must be a selfish reason she was trying to help. Her judgement just couldn't be trusted to benefit him. For all he knew, this was some strange way to get him into more trouble.

However, the other's had already jumped aboard Asha's plan --- and he didn't approve one bit. He shook his head. "No, no. I'll just clean the... t-toilets." Even the word was hard to say when he was surrounded by its stomach-churning presence. And then Fin was singing again, so loudly and so obnoxiously that Casper's burning irritation only made the queasiness worsen. He grimaced. "You brought snacks in here?" Was River's stomach made of steel? Just the thought of enjoying a meal sent his stomach whirling.

He tried to take a deep breath to calm his nerves, but it was a big mistake. If this were a cartoon, this would be the part where he turned comically green. "I'm going to be sick," he repeated as if the whole loo wasn't aware by now. "Where's the Professor?"

Edited by Casper Abernathy

Post 2

Word Count: 123

Killian smirked at River. For all his rude gestures and shoulder bumping, he was nothing more than a little tosser. "Think you're so tough," he sneered at River, rolling his eyes. The Ravenclaw was going to get what was coming to him, and the Slytherin was going to make sure of it.

So, there he was, scrubbing toilets with the rest of them, using nothing more than a toothbrush with his wand still firmly at his side. At least, he was until the others started breaking out in song. Nope, nope. NOPE! Killian dropped the toothbrush in the toilet in defiance as he stepped out of the stall, stripped off the gloves that he had taken from the Professor and threw them on the floor. "I'm going to swirly him, Professor." Him, them, anyone. So, naturally, it was best he just leave. Now, before he did anything that would lose him house points.

Honestly, he should get house points for his restraint. Killian walked out the door, but remembered to take the assignment, at least.

Fin's singing halted when he heard Killian, on the opposite end of the bathroom saying that he was leaving.  Fin got up to his feet and peeked passed the stall door, as he saw the Slytherin holding their wand tightly and walk passed Professor Bourdelle.  "Pfft, what a bag of sand" he commented to himself while shaking his head.  It was a bit mind boggling how smug Killian was; he two was in that potions classroom when River began tinkering with the boiling pot of water.  Still, he shrugged it off and figured he would focus on who was still there.

Deciding to check on Casper; Fin stepped backwards three steps and knocked softly on the stall door, as it slowly creaked open.  "Casper, you doing okay in there?  Do you want River to come rub your...OH!"  He said in a startled tone.  He saw the Gryffindor on his knees with his face as green as lettuce.  He whispered to the boy "Good acting Casper, way to really sell it!"  Stepping back into the area between the stall doors, Fin shouted "Professor Bourdelle!! You may want to come see this!!"  as he signaled her over towards the stall.

Post 3

Word Count: 129

He was probably going to get in so much trouble for leaving the detention. Undoubtedly, his Aunts were about to get one heck of a letter home detailing his insubordination and whatnot, generally painting him to be a problem child. Give him a detention worth serving, though, and he’ll serve it.

As Killian walked down to the dungeons from the gross toilets with the other hooligans still scrubbing the crappers with toothbrushes, the young Slytherin looked down at the assignment he had thought to take before he left.

Something about this Professor was backwards. Who wrote down their recollections of the event after being punished for it? It was like the woman didn’t even care about what really happened, instead just opting to punish them all.

Ugh. Authority sucked.

Edited by Killian Dracel

Word Count: 249 (Post #2)

Even if Asha’s plan was to get Casper to trust her just a little bit, she still believed she was doing him a favor by trying to help him get out of detention early. “Yeah,” she replied with a shrug. “I mean, you didn’t exactly do anything to deserve detention. Neither did I. I completely blame River.” It was true she had blocked the door to prevent anyone from leaving early. But if Professor Bourdelle had been there the entire time, she would have seen that it had been entirely at fault was River.

Hearing the conversation between River and Fin, Asha whipped her head around in that direction. “You mean no one belongs in here except River,” she corrected the other boys. “Just because we encouraged him does not mean we actually did that stuff to the potion.”

She turned around again and took a glance at Casper’s face which was now somehow even greener than it was before. It almost made Asha break out in laughter and she had to hide it behind her hand. The other blokes quickly signaled for the professor and Asha nodded her agreement. “I think you may be getting your wish Cas,” she told him with a smile. “Just let me take you to the wing if the professor asks someone to go with you.”

There was more than one way to get out of this dung infested place sooner rather than later. At least, that’s what Asha hoped.