Seeley Pichardo

Don't Tell Anybody, Trouble Finds Me

Seeley Pichardo

Term One, Week Two

Saturday

Perched on the bottom stair in the main entryway, just outside the Great Hall, Seeley waited.  Twirling her wand in her hand she sighed.  What... was taking him so long?  After making plans at breakfast, Seeley and Wyatt had agreed to meet back here and go in search of one or two of the rumored passages they'd heard other students talking about.  She'd attempted, in vain, to discover such places last year but had more luck in simply getting lost in deep crevices in the stone walls that were just deceiving and plain evil.    

And of course there was always the getting trapped on a floating staircase to no where business.   

But, now with a year of learning how to time the stairs and at least a relatively confident layout of the castle mapped into her memory she was confident that together the two of them might be able to make some progress.  And, as long as they didn't try and head out to the greenhouses, they probably wouldn't get into too much trouble.   Of course, she first had to wait for Wyatt to get there.   

Raising a hand and running it through her hair, she turned when she heard footsteps popping down the stairs behind her.   The corner of her mouth tilted up into a smile as she recognized the gryffindor descending  and she stood up and lifted one foot up onto the next stair beginning to walk up towards him.   "There you are!"  her lips curling into a full grin.   

"So... where should we start?" 

Wyatt Lazarus

The two had agreed to cause mischief just as he had poured himself a bowl of cereal. Wyatt had scooped the flakes, before heading back upstairs for a last minute item grab. It had taken him for what felt like forever to reach the common room, collect his wand and darkness powder, before finding his way back to the entrance hall.

Wyatt skidded at the top of the steps and only paused in order to see the hufflepuff waiting for him. The thrill of finding a secret passage caused his emotions to run into overdrive. They was certainly going to end better than any of their previous escades. After all… what could go wrong?

“Here I am! Sorry, I needed to grab a few things.” He patted his pocket which contained the powder. As she reached him on the steps he stopped, shoelaces hanging over the side, and then turned once more on the spot. “I think we need to do this corridor by corridor.” Wyatt told her with an attempt at confidence. “We wouldn’t want to miss anything after all. Plus we need to remember where we looked to tell the others what we find.”

The “and to make them jealous” was unspoken but obvious. Wyatt climbed the first step, oblivious to the fact one of his shoelaces was tucked underneath his foot. The shoelace ‘pinged’ and it escaped… only for the process to happen once more.

Seeley Pichardo

A man... er boy with a plan.  Good.  

Because, the last adventure they'd gone on, neither one of them had had one of those and it had turned out so well.  /sense the tone.  

Of course, just because they had a plan, didn't mean things would go according to it, because haha, when was that ever the case when Seeley was involved in anything, but there was a sense of youthful optimism in the air as she climbed up the stairs to meet him and bumped her shoulder into his.  "Good plan." She agreed.   "I don't have a map or anything, do you?  But, i do have some parchment and a quill if we find anything we need to write down." For now it was safely tucked away in the bag that hung off her shoulder but it was within easy reach if needed.  The only thing she carried in hand was her wand.  

Glancing up ahead to the landing of the first floor, an idea crept into the girl's mind and she reached her hand over towards Wyatt to stop him mid-step, then meeting his eye she grinned and after a strung out second of silence she suddenly shouted.   "Race you to the top!"  

And off she ran. 

Wyatt Lazarus

Wyatt liked to believe that the little mishap with the greenhouses had not occurred. He would remain blissfully in ignorance of that day in first year, and no one could ever change his mind. That does not mean to say that he hadn’t learnt his lesson about keeping safe. He had no desire to be choked by a plant anytime soon.

“No maps I’m afraid.” Wyatt replied with a frown. It would be much easier if Hogwarts did hand out maps, than he would not have gotten lost so many times within his first year. “Sounds good to me… wait! That is cheating!”

Seeley ran ahead and Wyatt laughed as he rolled his eyes. Determined to show the cheating girl that he was much faster, he sped up the steps behind her. Moment took him quickly as he almost caught up with her. He heart raced as he thought about the prospect of winning such a silly little thing. The it was all over. With no prior warning one of his shoelaces caught underneath his foot. The boy attempted to bring his log higher and failed. Arms failing outwards towards Seeley, he lost his balance, and smashed forward into the staircase.

Seeley Pichardo

Cheater?  She was not a cheater!  A conspirer... a schemer, yes... even if only with her own self.  But, not a cheater.  It wasn't as if this were a race to the death.  Though, when she heard the quick thuds of Wyatt's feet on the stairs suddenly stop abruptly to transfer into one larger collision of full body into stone she stumbled to a halt herself and covered her face with her hands, very quickly worried about what she was soon about to turn around and see.   

It wasn't a surprise, when she spun on the stair to find him laid out on the stairs, a mess of arms and legs twisted at odd angles and immediately she hoped that he hadn't broken anything, because 'so much for their adventures.'  And, ya know... pain.   She didn't really want him to be in any pain.  She had been so excited to spend time with him, just him, and now it seemed they only time they would be spending was a walk to the hospital wing.   

Those thoughts ran through her mind quickly, in about as much time as it took for her to job back down the three steps to where he was and she leaned down to touch his arm.  "Wyatt!  Are you okay?  What happened?!"  She grilled him, all the while her eyes trailed over the scene and immediately taking note of his, again untied shoelaces.  

"Seriously... your shoes." She grumbled.   He was going to let her fix them, whether he liked it or not.  tightening her grip on her wand, she plopped down on the stair next to him and put a hand on his back.  "Can you... sit up?"  She asked.   "... So I can fix this?"  

She'd overheard an older student working on a sticking charm and she was about to put it to good use.   

Wyatt Lazarus

The pain occurred straight away as he blinked rapidly to stop any pain-related tears from appearing. He was focusing on the fact his right arm was currently throbbing instead of listening to Seeley’s constant complaint about his shoelaces. They were his right! They were his thing! No one was taking away his unties laces! Of course he was unable to give this rant to his friend who was currently grumbling in his ear.

“Seeeels….” He said as he skipped her full name in an attempt to get her to stop fussing over him. He brought out his right arm and attempted to pushing himself up before letting out a yelp. Using the left arm he managed to sit up and then glanced at his right arm, face paling as he did so. “Is my wrist meant to be that purple and disjointed?”

At least… that was what he had meant to say. Instead it came out more “is my wrist… OOOOOOOOOOOOW”. He attempted to use his unbroken hand to pushing away Seeley’s wand. “Noooooo…”

The protest was weak but he was busy concentrating on the fact that he had broken a bone within his body doing such a mundane thing. They really needed to think of a better excuse for when he went to the hospital wing. If she would only leave his precious shoelaces alone and instead help him find a way to get to the wing without using his arm to push himself from the steps.

Seeley Pichardo

What had happened, was so much worse than she'd first imagined.  Her hand lifted off his Wyatt's back as he attempted to push from the stair and move and she heard him call out her name, pain evident in his voice and she glanced over to notice his wrist looking completely the wrong shape and color and visibly leaned back, horrified.  

Yes, something had to be done about his shoelaces.  They were clearly on some mission to injure the adorable boy beyond belief and Seeley could never forgive herself if she didn't make the best attempt she could at fixing it.  She was determined and no amount of protests from the gryffindor, wailing or not, were going to stop her.  

His feeble attempt to push her wand away were met with her only wiggling her arm underneath his and still taking aim at his shoe, it was awkward and rushed and with him moving it wasn't aimed with the best of accuracy but she did the best she could to grab hold of his shoelaces and cram them underneath of each other into a bundle that would at least make them safe for travel to the hospital wing and then she repeated the spell she had repeated so often to try and memorize it for just this moment.   

Only, Wyatt had chosen that exact moment to jerk his leg up, and his shoe smashed against her arm and when his leg landed back on stair again, Seeley's arm went with it, stuck as could be.   

"Holy Hippogriff Wyatt... really?!" She groaned, the side of her face slamming against his knee.  "You took yourself down and now me too?  Hold still, would you?  I'm trying to help!"  

He may have been cute... but he was dangerous.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.