The Giant Squid

Don't you wish your prefects were tentacool like me?

The Giant Squid

He'd woken up early today. There were a lot of students around again which meant the food was going to be plentiful soon. The Giant Squid could already taste the wonderful things the humans always so generously shared with him. He wished he had some food now actually...

Irene Redgrave

defect to slytherin army      

VH35 FIRST YEARS #BLEEDGREEN         

Luke and Irene were visiting their other bro - the Giant Squid. They'd brought Irene's favorite thing in the whole wide world, Fried Chicken to lure him up to the surface.  Not that he needed to be LURED like a fish, but they believed in equal pay for equal work and they were gonna ask him to be a bro and practice lifting weights so he deserved to be fed.  And you know - only the best for a teammate.

That's right, the Giant Squid, resident of  The Black Lake, Scotland was a member of the Slytherin Quidditch Team since as long as anyone could remember.  Legend had it he had been recruited one dark and stormy night in the common room during a team meeting after showing a particularly fine mind for strategy. The squid often could be found at one of the viewing glass windows in the common room looking over strategy notes and game boards with Quidditch captains and pointing out moves with his tentacles through the glass. 

Today Luke and Irene were going to have him practice his tentacle strength by tossing around some first years.  "Alley-oop!" Irene called out and tossed a leg up, only half wishing she was going to eat it herself. It plopped into the water and disappeared with a splash and slurp before a happy eyeball appeared. "Heya boo!" She raised a hand and wet slap met her half-way before shocking her with the suction of a tentacle. "Ouch." She muttered.

"I'm gonna go over there and catch 'em as they fall... or uh.. try." She shrugged and made a face that said oh well, if she didn't.  It was just water, after all.  ...You know, if the squid didn't miss and throw them over land. ...Hopefully.

HOW THIS WORKS:

NO WORD COUNT MINIMUM.

AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR POST YOU PUT A BOLD NOTE THAT SAYS: I WANT TO BE THROWN BY THE GIANT SQUID.

THE GIANT SQUID WILL THROW YOU. IRENE WILL TRY TO LEVITATE YOU BACK TO THE SHORE. YOU HAVE A 1 IN 3 CHANCE TO MAKE IT TO THE SHORE (I HOPE YOU CAN SWIM). IRENE AND LUKE WILL PERIODICALLY POST DICE ROLLS LETTING YOU KNOW IF YOU HIT THE WATER OR MADE IT TO THE SHORE. THANK YOU FOR PLAYING <3 #BLEEDGREEN

Terrence Grandchester

He was about to give up. The place was huge! Not even the mini model at pre Hogwarts Primary not even the descriptions from the books could help him now. Dare he say he was lost? Of course he was. He knew vaguely  where he was. Was it the lawns or the lake? Terrence walked a few more meters trying to get a better grasp of his surroundings. At least he had the light from the Moon and the Stars. He was grateful about those. Suddenly, as if his prayers were answered he heard voices. 

The voices - without thus making him mentally unstable - were inviting everyone to what looked like a game of dare. Boy was he so in! Terrence believed that they were Gryffindors that were preparing a night event at the Lake (he figured that out eventually by looking at the big watery hole) and that he (and the rest of his housemates eventually) had to discover it on their own. He felt so proud! A real adventure!

Upon getting closer however he saw two Slytherins. Yap, that's right judging by the colors of their robe he would totally NOT look cool in green and silver. "I'll have a go!" He shouted. Knowing how to swim? Checked. Afraid of NOT getting wet? Checked. Afraid of being eater by the Squid? ...What is life without some form of risk? 

I WANT TO BE THROWN BY THE GIANT SQUID  (that I love very very much and please catch me, I look good in gold and red I don't want to get wet! See it even rhymes...) 

Elliot Hartmeyer

Elliot was not one to volunteer herself for silly, stupid tasks, but none of her brothers had ever had a proper interaction with the infamous squid. So how was she going to pass up an opportunity to be the first Hartmeyer to do something. Plus, pulling Val along with her meant she might be able to pay the girl back for the dip in the lake she'd provided her with earlier. 

"What's up, old people." She said, releasing her friend from her vice like grip, "I'm here for a squid. Let's do this."

I WANT TO BE THROWN BY THE GIANT SQUID

Alec Barclay

Alec had begged the girls he met on the boat ride to come down to the lake as soon as he'd heard that the Slytherins had the Giant Squid down there at the shore. He wanted to prove to them that there was a squid just like he'd told them. "Look, there he is!" Alec called to them as he approached the lake. The person most in awe was Alec. It was even larger than he had imagined. He wanted to get closer to it but he was scared. He walked timidly into the lake getting his robes wet. 

Alec normally would have started complaining about how wet and cold the water was, how sharp the rocks on the bottom were (which he couldn't feel because he forgot to take off his shoes. ) but he just stood starring like an idiot at the squid. Were the Slytherins playing with it?

I want to be thrown by the squid. 

The Giant Squid

'HI HUMANS,' he said in his squid language, which was unable to actually be heard by anyone but he did it anyway.

The Giant Squid knew what he had to do for more food. Maybe he was going to be used as some sort of amusement park ride, but he was ok with that because he would be rewarded for his efforts. Besides, these human children couldn't weigh that much, right?

Three of his tentacles reached forth, curling tightly around the waists of the small students and scooping them off the ground. Three bodies was a bit much for him, but if he wanted to have a good season, he needed to push through. 

With dreams of more tasty treats in his head, The Giant Squid pulled the humans back and then heaved them forward with all his squid might.

Becky Pottinger

Becky really didn't want to see the giant squid.  She'd been hoping the giant squid was just a joke, but of course in a world with witches, ghosts, and werewolves, naturally there really was a giant squid in the lake.  "Is it a fresh water lake or what?" she asked Alec as she followed him down to the shore.  He was just so excited that she hadn't been able to tell him 'no'.  When they arrived, Alec just kept walking ... right into the water.  Becky stopped at the waters edge, not letting even the tips of her new maryjanes get wet.  "What are you DOING?" she shouted after him.

I DO NOT wish to be thrown by the giant squid

Irene Redgrave

Irene sprinted back across the shoreline and up a ridge so she had a better vantage point.  She took out her light colored ash wand and aimed it at where the squid had emerged.  She trusted Luke to feed him appropriately and keep him happy while she tried to protect the kids who would soon be sailing through air.

And sure enough she had just taken aim when up into the air three little bodies went. "Okay!" She shouted.... She'd been doing homework for the whole Quidditch Team for several years, surely a couple of sixth year spells weren't beyond her right? She'd done the essays... she could pull off a few miracles?

Too bad she wasn't so great under pressure.. as her lack of dueling trophies would evidence. "Leviocorpus!" She whirled her wand around pointed it at each of the students who had been tossed into the air and got two of the three to the shore.

The third one kind of flailed about in the air and plopped into the water. "Sorry!" She called out, genuinely apologetic.  "Luke is pretty good at drying spells I think." Or he should be - he and Darcy got into enough shenanigans in the marsh late in the evening near curfew that he should. Aye aye /wink.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Terrence GrandchesterYOU WERE LEVITATED TO THE SHORE.

@Elliot Hartmeyer YOU LANDED IN THE WATER WITH A SOLID SPLASH. I AM SO SORRY. 

@Alec BarclayYOU WERE LEVITATED TO THE SHORE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Body Levitation Jinx - "Leviocorpus"

Reference: This spell was created by the Half-Blood Prince, Severus Snape HPWiki.

Molly Stone

Molly wanted nothing more than to be launched into the water by the Giant Squid. She'd barely been here a day and already her experience was more awesome than everything else that'd happened to her in her first 10 years of life. Ever. 

Thankfully, she'd taken swimming lessons and been on the swim team in her old school.

"Alright, I'm ready! Can you teach me the squid language too?"

I WANT TO BE THROWN BY THE GIANT SQUID.

Elliot Hartmeyer

Elliot landed into the cold, dark water with a splash. Upon resurfacing, she spat water from her mouth with the appropriate accompanying retching noises. This was, like, a personal attack against her. Stupid Slytherins can't even do simple spells right.

She grumbled her way back to shore.

Ryan Alterton

Ryan had been talking to Eliza all morning about how brilliant she thought it was that the Slytherin prefects were including all Houses in their beginning-of-year activities. She'd been too tired the night before to go to the pizza party, but she was intent on making it to the lakefront activity. Eating breakfast in the Great Hall had been a much less overwhelming meal than the Sorting Feast, which made it easy for her to inhale her food before heading out to the lake. The weather was warm for September and as Ry congregated with the rest of the First Years, she'd wished she'd worn something a little more friendly to the warmish air.

"Oh, this is going to be fun!" Ryan exclaimed, watching the Giant Squid stick out a tentacle and launch one of her classmates into the air. "Oh, me! Can I go? I'd love to go!" As long as no one was pushing her into water (like Daya had done the night before), she was fine with joining in.

I WANT TO BE THROWN BY THE GIANT SQUID.

The Giant Squid

One human seemed very alarmed by what The Giant Squid was doing. It opened its mouth and made loud noises that caused the cephalopod to feel unease.

'I CAN BE LOUD TOO,' he shouted, only all that was heard was silence. 'DO NOT YELL, I AM DELICATE.'

Speaking of delicate: human bodies were always so squishy, they would probably bounce a lot if they hit non-water. The Giant Squid lifted two more people who did not seem afraid of his cool abilities, launching them forward like the others.

Irene Redgrave

"Luke! Comfort him!" Irene called out to her teammate.  The squid looked kind of frazzled.  Maybe he should try juggling the kids, or doing them one at a time.  One at a time would certainly help her. As soon as she got one with a spell it seemed like two more were flying through the air.

"This is a really tough spell ..." There was probably a good reason they didn't teach it until sixth year defense class. And she hadn't taken fifth year defense class yet.  Ooops? "Leviocorpus!" She tried again but the student went the opposite direction from the one she had intended.

Oh man.

"You know what? Just start throwing them towards the shore, I'mma transfigure some pillows!" And she went about more simple transfiguration spells, lining the shoreline with big fluffy, bouncy pillows instead of harmful rocks. Yeah. That was a good idea she probably should have started with that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Molly Stone You were levitated... further out to sea D: You said you swim right? 

@Ryan Alterton You were levitated and then dropped but some rocks were transfigured into pillows, hope they're soft enough.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Body Levitation Jinx - "Leviocorpus"

Inanimate to Inanimate Transfiguration - Rocks to Giant Pillows

Ryan Alterton

Being held by a tentacle, suspended over water, was an interesting feeling. Ryan's heart beat fast within her chest, but a wide smile overtook her face. "When is he going to throw me-eeeeee!" Ryan shouted, yelling in-between giggles, as she was launched into the air. Her giggles were cut short, however, when she took note that she was not, in fact, being launched further into the water like Molly had been, but toward the rocks near the bank of the lake. "Nooooooo!" Ryan covered her face, closed her eyes, and waited for a great deal of pain to crest over her.

"Oomph!" was what she said, as she landed among the rocks. Though the rocks were sort of...soft? Uncovering her face and opening her eyes, Ry took stock of the fact that, somehow, the rocks had been magicked to make them soft. Heart still beating a mile a minute, she pulled herself to her feet, laughing now that the situation didn't suggest ample amounts of pain. "Can I go again? That was so much fun!"

I WANT TO BE THROWN AGAIN.

Edited by Ryan Alterton

Alec Barclay

Alec had experienced a few dramatic events in his young life. At least he thought so. There was the time he had been attacked by the biting geraniums at work with his father. (that had traumatized him) and there was always the traumatizing event of his twin brothers being born. He had a great life and all the attention he could get and then his twin brothers Aidan and Aaron were born. (the end of his perfect life) but nothing had compared to being thrown by the giant squid. 

Alec was standing ankle deep in the lake starring at the squid when it suddenly scooped him up and raised him high in the air. "Help! Help!"  he screamed in a shrill voice. Then he was flying through the air and heading right toward the rocks on the shore. His terror at flying was quickly replaced by terror that he would hit the rocks. They were coming at him when he was suddenly lifted lightly to the shore. Alec ran to where Becky stood on the shore. 

"Did you see that? Did you see that?" he was shaking with fear/excitement/adrenalin . "He picked me up! He is real!" he repeated several times. Of course that seemed like a ridiculous thing to say since he was the one that had been telling Becky that the squid was real. Seeing is believing. 

Terrence Grandchester

There were no words to describe the feeling of being lifted and thrown through the air like a sack of meatballs by a Giant Squid. The few seconds that he flew with no wings no broom or any other sort of flying gear and with the knowledge that if the Slytherin Prefect did not manage to catch him he will either be dead or taking a late evening lake bath, excited him even more. Which if you think about it was stupid. 

Even though he landed perfectly safe at the shore, when the adrenaline subsided he saw that not everything was perfect. The girl prefect was having some troubles catching everyone that was being thrown. Some people already landed into the water and he had the distinct impression that the Giant Squid was either over thrilled or grumpy towards to getting angry. 

"Thanks for catching me....but....it doesn't really sound happy for doing this. Are you sure that it volunteered for this?"

The moment he finished saying this, he saw one @Ryan Alterton heading towards the ground fast. Terry sprinted towards her but the last second he saw the fluffy pillows. Still..."Are you okay?" He asked thinking that pillows or no pillows falling from the sky hoping to land on the pillows had to create some sort of trauma. It seemed though that he was wrong for the girl seemed fine and already asking for another round. 

At the same time, a Ravenclaw ( @Alec Barclay  ) was pointing the obvious. "Obviously....you think the lake would have a fake Giant Squid? Even the books of history talk about the Squid. The Squid is AWESOME!" 

I WANT TO BE THROWN AGAIN

<3

Edited by Terrence Grandchester

Becky Pottinger

"Did you see that? Did you see that?"

"Yes ... I saw."  Becky said feebly and sat down right there in mud because she was too weak with relief that Alec wasn't dead.  Not only did the giant squid exist, but it tossed people around in a dangerous manner and the other kids seemed to think it was fun.  More and more, poor Becky was beginning to think she didn't belong in this wizarding world.  There had to have been some sort of mistake.  She just wasn't like these people.

Alec Barclay

"i knew he was real! " Alec told Terrence defensively. "My parents told me about him. But they never said he was so rude. They didn't say he just grabbed people and tossed them."

Alec looked at Becky who didn't look so good. She looked like she was the one that had been hurled through the air. Alec put a hand out to help her up."let's get out of here before that squid looks in our direction. Maybe we can find a prefect who will clean your robes and dry out my shoes." he suggested.

Ryan Alterton

“Terry!” Ryan exclaimed, running forth to wrap her arms around her friend she’d made at Pre-Hogwarts Primary. “Yes, I’m okay! That was so much fun, wasn’t it? And that Slytherin prefect was really smart to fix those rocks for me.” Otherwise someone would have been scraping her off of them…

Ryan’s brow furrowed at Terrence’s slightly rude comment toward the Ravenclaw boy, but remained silent. She didn’t want to get involved. But she wasn’t going to stay silent either. “Hello!” she said to both the boy and his Hufflepuff friend, whom, Ry had seen in the common room a couple of times before. “I’m Ryan.” She glanced at Terrence, and offered him a smile. “Anyone want to go again with me?”

The Giant Squid

There were so many bodies to see! And it was a lot of work trying to do this. The Giant Squid was no athlete. In truth, he'd only joined the Slytherin quidditch team to feel like part of something, not because he had muscles or a desire to play that weird game.

The Giant Squid moved forward. If he could pant, he would've been. It was a struggle, but the big meaty human was sending lots of energy his way in the form of deliciously fried things. It was what motivated him to continue. 

Some of the human children wanted to go again, so he brought them up and tossed them forward once again, this time one at a time, hoping to make them go further! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.