Damaris Denton

Camera Ready

7 posts in this topic

After Caprica pulled her away from Veronica and the girl who looked like a boy, the two of them were able to settle in a compartment. A couple of older students passed as she entered the compartment, with one clad in Gryffindor robes, mentioned that the train was about to pull into Hogsmeade station. Damaris was suddenly wishing that she had actually spoken with Dante when she had come to visit over the summer--maybe then she would've been able to get some important information like: how long is the school train ride?

"Oh my god, Caprica, we don't have that much time before we actually get to the station. Talking to those two idiots took so long I'm not going to be able to get properly ready for Sorting," she lamented as they settled into the compartment. 

Caprica did not understand cruel people, let alone why a girl looked like a boy? But that was her choice to dress like that. “I cannot believe he gave me a card. Er, her.” She ripped it up. “Like I would ever call him. Her.” Caprica was going to have a hard time with this. “Oh, I can help you!” Cap smiled at her new friend.

“But really, they are just jealous because we have things they don’t. Why can people be so bitter? I mean like, I would have totally invited them to my mom’s mixer but I probably won’t because I don’t like mean people but whatever, London probably wouldn't agree with them anyways. The Hogwarts robes…I don’t even know where I put mine!” Her trunk was somewhere.

“At least black is totally always in season.”

Edited by Caprica Delacroix

"Can you? That would be great!" If she didn't apply any potion to her hair soon there was no way it would look as good during the Sorting. And that was the first chance she had to make an impression on the rest of the students at the school. 

"You're much nicer than them," Damaris nodded. "I can't believe they were so rude. Well, I can. I have a step-sister who graduated a little while ago and she went to Hogwarts. She was even a prefect, but she is very rude so she doesn't count."

Black was always in season but she had doubts about the cut of the robes. Would they even look nice? "Which house's colors do you think would look best?"

“Oh so are you!” Cap smiled. “I mean I don’t know why people judge others so harshly. I mean like just because my family is rich doesn’t mean I can’t be nice.” Caprica was totally nice and soon enough she remembered where her robes were. “Oh I left my robes up here.” She indicated to the space where you were supposed to put like an extra bag or something.

“Slytherin are my favorite, as emerald green and silver are always so classy but I do like Ravenclaw’s blue and bronze. I wish I could wear green and bronze. I’m such a warm tone look at me.” She held out a wrist to show Damaris her skincolor. “My mum is half Persian so I managed to get such great hair. Your hair is so nice to! Where were your parents sorted? I mean my dad was a Slytherin and my mum was a Hufflepuff and I have a cousin who was a Slytherin so…I think I might be that? I don’t know.”

"You're so right," Damaris nodded. "My step-father has tons of money because he like, owns this university or something. And like he's a little weird, but he's nice most of the time." And by nice, she meant that whatever she asked for, the request was always granted. 

When Caprica asked her which houses her parents had been sorted in, she thought about lying for a moment. Then she decided it was better to just tell the truth--Beauxbatons wasn't any worse than Hogwarts, after all. 

"Well my parents are both from Greece, actually," she fiddled with a stray curl. "They both went to Beauxbatons. My mother remarried last year, though, so now we live in Belgravia. My step-father didn't go to Hogwarts, but my step-sister Dante did, she was in Slytherin. A prefect, actually."

“I know! Rich people aren’t all stuck up and stuff.”  She didn’t understand why people judged others so harshly just because they had money. “I mean like, people in our echelon of society are some of the most accepting I’ve met. So many of the people I meet from my mum and dad’s contacts were actually poor once and had to work hard to where they are now. I mean my dad was born in a rich family too but he was disowned because he wanted to be a rockstar.” Cap benefitted from all this though because she could afford all that nice stuff she could flaunt at like, everyone.

“Your parents went to Beauxbatons? Oh I’m so jealous! I mean I have French in my family. My mom is half Spanish which is really cool but Beauxbatons! I bet the food there is delicious.” It also was totally wiztagram worthy. “Whatever, we can just still be nice to them but they don’t really deserve it. Ooh, I have some really nice pumps that will fit you that are in my trunk. I didn’t bring all of my clothes because I am totally switching mine out once I go home for Christmas. I am so excited for all the new lines that are coming out in the fall! Muggle fashion is soooo  much better than ours.” Wizarding fashion was atrocious. “Either way, we should always hang out no matter what houses we get.”

"You are so right, you know? Those other girls acted like we were rude for no reason at all." She shook her head. She had never encountered a situation where she had gone up to someone and they'd been rude to her just for speaking to them. "I really hope that I'm not in the same house at them. I heard that you can't get a transfer and I would not be able to deal with seven years in the same dorm as them."

"Merlin you do? That sounds perfect," Damaris smiled. "It's the first chance that you have to make an impression on the entire school. I wish we could wear muggle clothes at school. Wizard fashion is just robes and more robes. Boring."

"I totally agree. I hope we get the same house, but either way, I mean, we'll totally see each other all the time, right?" Caprica already felt like she could be her friend, if not her best friend. She was grateful to have met her so quickly on the train. There was no way that she was going to Hogwarts as some weird, friendless loser.