Connor Ford

End of year lake party

Connor Ford

The heat during the Herbology NEWT had given Connor a brilliant idea for the end of the year. A lake party. Simple but effective. It was so scorching hot Connor believed that anyone would want to jump right in after him.

He just had to get the party started.

Sprinting towards the lake he called out, “last one in has to jump in with their robe on!” Then he leapt up into the air and came down hard, cannonball style.

OOC: Thread is open for anyone who wants to join Connor’s lake party. No word count, one liners are welcome.

Rowan Allard

Rowan had been out on the lawn, soaking up the last few rays of Scottish sun she'd get until September. Her uniform was half off: robe, socks and tie strewn across the grass next to her. Heeleys were still firmly on her feet. Her shirt sleeves had been rolled up, but sweat still beaded on her. Short, dark hair was stuck to her forehead, wet with sweat. 

The voice that rang out was familiar enough to garner her attention, but not for her to recognize them straight off. The splash of something (or someone) hitting the lake caused her to pop up and take off full speed towards the noise. Upon reaching the edge, it was clear this hadn't been a tragic accident, but an intended submersion. 

Well.... she was already there, might as well join in right? With a running leap, she launched herself towards the water, whooping with joy.

Professor Custard

While Custard had no plans on cannonballing into the lake (he was an adult and he had a duty of care to the students, which didn't involve nearly drowning them with a tsunami-grade wave that might be formed by his cannonball,) he was happy to paddle on the shoreline. He'd even transfigured a rock into a large inflatable unicorn to float on if the desire took him.

Hatty Hambeldon

Her first year at Hogwarts was done and she had a great time. But something that would make it even better? Joining the lake party. She recognized the older boy - he was in her house, but she had never met him. At any rate, she thought he had excelled ideas. "We should play a game!" Hatty was always down for playing games. Perhaps it could involve Professor Custard somehow. 

Connor Ford

Grinning as more people started to join him - including that one sort of odd girl that he had met that had wanted to get into the Gryffindor Common Room, Connor called out, “Alright! Sure no one else wants to join? Come on, it's hot out there.”

It was then that his housemate, Hatty chimed in, requesting to play a game. “You're in luck,” he responded to the younger girl. “I've got one in mind. Harry Potter, the wizard version of the muggle game Marco Polo. Ready? Harry!”

OOC: Think of this as the wizard version of Marco Polo. Connor is “it” and will call out “Harry!”while the rest of the participants call out “Potter.” At the bottom of your post hold a number from 1-5 (to keep things moving along). If you pick the number I am thinking of your character is now "it" and now you have to pick a number from 1-5. 

Also feel free to just post normally if you don't want to participate in this game. And also note, Connor has set up a few pranks around the lake that explode confetti or glitter into your face.

Edited by Connor Ford

Desmond Potter

His first year was over, he couldn't believe that. He would soon be on the train home. Walking towards the quidditch pitch. Since it was his favorite place at Hogwarts he passed the lake and heard someone yell out Harry. Was their someone at this school that was named Harry, and for once someone wasn't talking about his grandfather. "Potter?" He question as he walked over there and was able to see that Hatty and Rowan were there. "Hey, why was someone yelling out Harry?" He asked, hoping not to stay here that long, he wanted to sit at the pitch one more time before he had to wait till next year to playing again.

Kelly Ashcroft

Kelly's peaceful afternoon of sun-tanning by the lake (the most appropriate spot considering water naturally attracted sun) was interrupted by the loud crack of a cannonball followed by a splash of icy cold water all over her body.

"WHO DID THAT? I WILL LITERALLY FIGHT YOU COME AT ME RIGHT NOW."

Jake Morent

"Um...you know there's grindylows in there, right...?" Jake asked as he noticed his friend Connor swimming around in the lake. Jake was never going in there again - not willingly at least - no matter how appealing Professor Custard's inflatable unicorn was...

Connor Ford

Giving Kelly a wink, Connor put up his hand. "It was me. Guilty as charged." He laughed and then kept swimming around. 

Then, at the name Harry, Connor popped his head up from the lake and grinned at the Hufflepuff whose name he didn't know but recognized from watching the Quidditch games this year. "Yeah, I did. It's a water game. I'm 'it' and I call out Harry while the others call out Potter and I try to swim around and tag them."

It was usually a fun water game if people were into it. And in Connor's opinion, it was even more fun because there was the threat of Grindylows. Connor grinned at his buddy Jake and replied, "Yeah I know. But that's what makes it fun. Although, I don't see any around today. Come on Jake, even if you don't want to come in the water, perhaps Professor Custard will conjure you up another inflatable unicorn? It'll be fun. Promise."

Kelly Ashcroft

"Oh," Kelly nodded and then stood up, moved her towel about 20 feet to the side, and returned to sun bathing.

Connor Ford

Just oh? Oh no, Connor wasn't having that. He dug his wand out of the pocket of his swim trunks and pointed it at Kelly. "Aguamenti!"

Kelly Ashcroft

Dark eyes fluttered shut, basking in the rays of sun that spiked through the tall trees, warming her bikini-clad body, enhancing her healthy tan and supplying her with her daily Vitamin D allotment. The view under her eye-lids may be dark but she could feel herself travelling to her happy place, to the beach where the hum of the ocean made all her problems... all 2 of them.... seem smaller...

.and then. SPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH.

Her resounding shriek cracked through every dimension and she sprang up off the ground. The laughing eyes of the obvious culprit taunted her in the distance.

Oh, no. No, no, no.

All at once Kelly sprang forward, a cheetah guided by the fire and ice, sprinting with an obvious destination in mind to pounce and pounce she did - grindylows be darned - she dived right into the water and started hitting and kicking him with everything she had. All 98 pounds of Kelly Anne Ashcroft. 

Connor Ford

With no time to react, Connor’s blue eyes snapped wide open, his mouth agape as suddenly the full force of the tiny Kelly Ashcroft came swooping in after him, punching and kicking like a vicious cat. 

“Gaaaaahhhhhh!” he screamed several times as he winced and rubbed his shoulder.

“I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Bloody hell...you hit hard for someone your size you know that? I promise I'll leave you alone. Besides isn’t this behavior unbecoming of a prefect?” he asked her before turning to Professor Custard who was lounging about.“Professor Custard - shouldn't you know, stop this?”

Jake Morent

Did Connor just say 'That's what makes it fun...?'. Jake stared at him as if he had a second head. Jake had had an encounter with the grindylows before and they DEFINITELY weren't fun, and any lake party that had them was probably not very fun either.

'Although, I don't see any around today.'

"But your eyes aren't even open...!" Jake argued. 

"O-oh um...no that's okay," Jake murmured when Connor asked about the inflatable unicorn. Jake was fourteen, Connor knew that, and there were people around so of course he didn't want one of THOSE. (Had he been looking too closely at it...? He had to be a lot more careful...) Then again, Professor Custard was much older, so if HE liked inflatable unicorns, didn't that mean it was kind of ok?  

Suddenly there came a deafening shriek. What was that - a banshee?! No, somehow it was a girl. Jake spun around, staring as a Slytherin prefect dived into the water looking enraged, and charging straight for Connor! That made Jake's decision right there  - he wasn't going ANYWHERE where SHE was. She was scarier than the grindylows! Did Connor need his help? But he couldn't hex a prefect...! 

Kelly Ashcroft

Her impulsive, violent charge clearly worked as Connor didn't even fight back, merely bowed to her wishes like a limb in a windstorm. She smiled, taking a step back. "Good."

Anyone who expected Kelly Ashcroft to behave as a Model Prefect had another thing coming. Surely they knew that when they awarded her the badge. "I don't think I'm a prefect, anymore. That was more of a fifth year thing, ya' know, where I had to act at the role. Now I just do whatever I want," she explained.

"Whatever, now I'm in here and you've interrupted my zen, and I'm already all gross and wet, so I'll join whatever dumb game we're playing." She raised an eyebrow at the younger students. "Someone explain."

Professor Custard

And just like that, Custard's peaceful paddle in the lake was ruined. RUINED. He had only been there to have a good time, and honestly he was feeling very attacked right then.

So was Connor, who was actually being very attacked. By a prefect, no less. "Petrificus totalus!" he shot at Kelly, not caring that she had taken a step back and stopped hitting the boy. If she wanted to attack someone, she was going to face the consequences, and those consequences included a full body bind, a quick levitation out of the water and back onto the lawn, and a very stern looking Professor Custard.

Kelly Ashcroft

Kelly hadn't noticed the Professor nearby, although admittedly the presence of adults never did much to squash her tendencies for impulsive actions. If she'd really wanted to hurt Connor, she would've drawn her wand out, anyway. She was only hitting his arms and legs, and the water pressure muted the intensity of her strikes - he probably hadn't even a bruise. He'd overreacted, clearly.

Unfortunately, she couldn't do anything but blink ferociously to defend herself here. She tried to no avail to move her other limbs, and at some point she had the idea to change her angry blinking to a flirtatious flutter of heavy-lidded lashes. A silent coo. Yes, dear Professor?

Edited by Kelly Ashcroft

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.