New students: when you go to fill out the Sorting Form, we recommend you switch to another theme. Right now the form is not very easy to read on Castle theme. You can find the theme switcher at the bottom left corner of every page.

• Announcements

• Weasley

How to get sorted   05/13/2017

To find the Sorting Form, click on the "Sort Me!" tab at the top of the page.    Before you go to fill out the form, make sure that you have a username that follows our rules. If you don't, your form will be rejected. You can change your name once yourself, by going to Account Settings -> Display Name. If you've already used your one change, you can request a name change in this topic. Be sure to read the first post in the topic carefully so we can get you updated without any back and forth.   Don't rush to answer the form! There's no prize for sending it in first. Please take your time and fill out the form thoughtfully, so the hat will have the information it needs to put your character in the right house.     Calendar: Sorting Form appears: Saturday, May 13th Sorting Form closes: Friday, June 9th (No forms will be accepted after this date) The Sorting Ceremony closes: Sunday, June 11th, about 10am Central Time You find out your new house: Sunday, June 11th, 11 am Central Time First day of the new school year: Monday, June 12th   (For reference: Central Time Zone includes Chicago, Illinois)   How to get sorted:   1. Register with a name that follows our rules. The registration agreement explains the rules about names. You can also find them in the Rules.   2. Remember you may only send in one form total for this school year. If you send forms in from multiple accounts, we will not sort ANY of them. Then we have to feel bad about not sorting you. Don't make us feel bad, please.   3. Click on the Sort Me tab and fill out the sorting form as thoroughly as possible. The better we understand your character, the more likely we can put you in the right house. See "How to use the form" below if you're confused. For some in depth information on each house, please check out this topic on sorting. (Note: After you fill out the form, a copy will be PMed to you. Please save that because we delete them from our system after sorting.)   4. Wait for a PM from the Sorting Hat. Be patient, it could take a few days. If you don't receive a PM from the Sorting Hat within 4 or 5 days, contact one of the moderators.   5. If your form is: Accepted: Congratulations! You should now go post in the Sorting Ceremony topic in the New Member resources forum. This is very important. This post is where you'll go to find out what the Sorting Hat had to say about you. Don't skip this step! Rejected: Don't worry, you can still be sorted. Be sure to read the reasons for the rejection carefully, then edit your form (just click on the Get Sorted! link again) to fix the problem. Once you've done that, you can send the form in again. 6. That's it! Once you've gotten your acceptance letter AND posted in the Sorting Ceremony, you're all set. You'll find out where the Sorting Hat put you on Sorting day when you can check the Great Hall for the edited Sorting Ceremony.   How to use the form: The form is pretty straightforward and user friendly. Here are a couple tips: You don't need to fill the whole thing in at one sitting. You can finish one page at a time and save it. Then finish the rest later. Don't use your browser's Back or Forward buttons. Use the buttons in the form to Navigate.  If you don't fill out all the questions on a page, you can't save or move on. If you don't meet the word number requirements in the In Depth section, you can't submit the form. Use the "Check Word Count" buttons to see how many words you've used. If you fill in the wrong answers on the quiz page, you won't be able to submit the form. After you've submitted the form, you can't access it anymore. But if your form is rejected, you'll be able to see it again with your old answers still filled in. Still have questions? Ask here.    Note: Section I: Short Answer Please include a brief explanation with each answer. I'd like to remind you all to include an explanation with all the short answer questions. The answers to those questions aren't very useful for sorting unless you explain them.   Otherwise, we don't have enough information to sort you with. (Translation: we'll have to reject it.)     Many thanks as always to Arianna Wright for her hard work revising and updating the form and to Faraz Memon for initially coding it many years ago. <3
Tarquin Pomfrey-Corner

Escape the Forest: Task Three [Scavenger Hunt]

38 posts in this topic

escape the forest!

TASK THREE [SCAVENGER HUNT]

IC: Next, each group finds themselves in a clearing. The parchment gives them a list of objects to find (a miniature unicorn, a dueling book, a picture of all of the prefects and head students, a tray with snacks for the group). Once the group finds all of the objects, the parchment map will lead them to the last task.

OOC: Each member of the group must post in this thread with the group number bolded at the bottom. ONE member must post that the group is searching for an object in bold at the bottom of their post. A dice roll by Lucia or Tarquin will determine if they are successful and may move onto the next object or if they must attempt searching for the same object again.

Post 3,400 for Tarquin. <3

OOC Clarification: Each member must post at least once with the group number bolded in this thread. That being said, the person who posts "Group _ searchers for _" in bold can be someone different each time. Also, each member does NOT need to post for each attempt. However, each member must have posted to get a dice roll.

Example:

Person A

Person B

Person C posts searching

Tarquin posts they are unsuccessful

Person A posts searching again

Tarquin posts they are successful and can move on to the next task

Edited by Tarquin Pomfrey-Corner

"Oh, professor James, right... wait, really?" Addison blinked, completely boggled. "James likes hand sanitizer?" 

Odd. Their instructions must have been on the fritz, because it was showing them the path forward, when Addison still didn't understand what professor James had to do with anti-microbial alcohol cleaners. But, the malfunction was working in their favor, so she didn't question it. Traipsing alongside Olwen, in case something big and bad jumped out of the woods to eat them, Addison kept one eye on their team parchment, and notised when a list of objects materialised.

"Miniature unicorn, dueling book, picture, and snack tray. How about we split up? I'll take this side."

Pointing her wand into the darkness, she chanted, "Accio dueling book!"

Group 5 is searching for an object (book, if we have to be specific)

Abby was just as surprised as Addison when their path showed up. "I guess so? I didn't realize it was a big part of her life, but I guess it is," she said, heading forward as the map told them to. She furrowed her brows when Addison started listing out items. "That sounds like a weird assortment of things," she hummed, but shrugged at Addison's suggestion.

It wasn't a bad idea, even if Abby wouldn't outright tell Addison it was a good idea. Splitting up would make searching for the thing easier. "Don't you think they would've charmed it so you couldn't do that?" Abby was fairly certain that was a thing wizards and witches could do with magic.

Group 5

Group 5 is unsuccessful. They may search again.

Edited by Tarquin Pomfrey-Corner
This is null. My note taking skills are horrible, I guess.

Olwen could definitely see James being the perpetrator, and was surprised that their group had gotten it right and were able to move along to the next area. Now they had a scavenger hunt to go through. She did like the idea of splitting up, but sometimes two minds were better than one instead of splitting up. 

"We could split up, but I think we could also use our heads together. We're far enough ahead of the other teams." Olwen stated. She felt scared in the forest, so she didn't really want to go on her own, even if she was within eyesight of her team members. 

Group 5

Group 5 is unsuccessful. They may search again.

(I did a re-roll since the first post was my mistake. <3)

Abby paused in her walk when she heard Olwen talk, glancing over at the girl. Was she ... scared? She shrugged at the Gryffindor's question. "If you want, we can stick together. Addison beat Irene up, so she can probably take anything that comes at her in the Forest," she said, partially teasing to try and quell any of Olwen's fears (after all, the girl's only flaw was that she was on the Quidditch team Abby had lost to) and partially miffed because Irene was a good friend of hers and Addison beating her up wasn't funny even a little bit. 

"I'm sure we could find something working together." Ugh, she was being nice to a Gryffindor Quidditch player. No one tell Kirk or else he'd knock her out of the running for captain.

Group 5 is searching for stuff and things

Group 5 is unsuccessful. They may search again.

Omg the dice hate us all. Is this what it feels like to be a dueling officiator?!

Quidditch rivalries aside, Olwen appreciated that it was okay for her to be afraid in the forbidden forest. She just didn't like the atmosphere, and with all the strange stories from through the years she knew it was a bad idea just to be in there. 0/10 no good place indeed. 

"Thanks!" She said cheerily. Olwen turned her head to the trees and wondered if something was up in there. "Perhaps there's something up in the trees! I could put someone on my shoulders if we wanted to check there." She turned her mind to more thinking about the objects they needed to get. 

Group 5 searches for a tray with snacks

Group 5 is successful and has the three needed posts. They may move on to the next task.

(Praise be.)

They were in the clearing of the forest, how he was one the kept going first, he didn't understand it at all. He was only a second year. Shouldn't the older Ravenclaw go first. At least that is what Ethan thought in his head. "Well, we got past that task, the next thing we need to do is find." He looked at the list of things that needed to be found. "A dueling book." That shouldn't be that bad, since they were in an opening things should be easy to find.

At least that is what Ethan hoped for.

Group Four is searching for a dueling book.

Dueling book typical lol

There was a clearing in the forest. Wasn't it against the rules to be out of the forest? Shame on the heads. Just in case they were in danger, Zara made sure that the youngest went first. This way they could sacrifice him to the unicorns if they got out of control. "Don't you already have like ten dueling books back at the castle? You should be able to spare one of them," she said laughing.

It didn't occur to her that she could of sacrificed one of her own dueling books. Zara walked a little ways from Ethan to see if she could help him find this object.

Group 4

“ Why a dueling book?” Dylan want to asked.   But then again the boy just kept his mouth shut. Mostly he just knew his team was doing a great job at this. So maybe looking dueling book wasn’t so dumb anyway.  They could of being looking for something else but oh well.  Maybe next time Dylan would just bring one his book for the group to find. But then again that cheating. but then again Dylan didn't mind cheat or maybe that was his dad. 

The boy smirk while looking for the book. “ Are you both sure we are suppose be looking for this bloody book because I am pretty sure I cant see it or find it” Dylan said .

Yep that was Dylan mood at the moment.

Group 4

Group 4 is unsuccessful. They may search again.

The book was nowhere to be found. "I think we are searching for the wrong thing. Let's see if we can try to find something else." Zara decided to search for something smaller and cuter like a miniature unicorn. There was already a group ahead of them who had somehow managed to finish off the task. How Abby managed to survive being with a Gryffindor quidditch player she didn't know.

Zara searched high and low hoping to find the object she was looking for. If she was unsuccessful, hopefully the Ravenclaw in the group would be smart enough to find what they were looking for.

Group 4 searches for a miniature unicorn

why can't they find what the we're looking for. "Maybe I should just give up one of my dueling books, i don't have ten but I have a good amount" He laughed. Looking though his bag he didn't bring it. "Let's see if we can find a tray of snacks"  

Starying to look again. He hoped that they would be able to find it. How was it this hard. 

Group 4 searches for a tray of snacks

I think I need to buy new dice. V_V

"This is not working!" He said, he was about to give up, but Ethan was not someone that gave up up anything. So he had to think, think about where the items might just be. "Maybe if we find the picture, it will be better." That just might be what they needed to find. "This is hosted by the heads." At least he hoped that finding the picture would have them move on to the next task.

He wouldn't give up though. He couldn't give up, not now. They had gotten this far.

Group 4 is searching for a picture of the prefects and head boy and girl

I am so sorry omg.

Again, they still couldn't find anything at all. This was becoming harder and harder. Ethan was about done with this, how could they not find it. They have been here for a while now. Still searching. If only they were able to find something and then move to the next task. Was it that hard, Ethan thinks it was. "Zara, older Ravenclaw. Have you guys found anything yet."

He didn't think they have, they still wouldn't be here. Back to looking for the book. If he found it, he was going to keep it.

Group 4 is searching AGAIN for the dueling book

(please)

Next time is the charm. I can feel it. Please.

Searching was taking forever. It was starting to get old. "Zara you find anything?" How was it so hard to find something. "They did a good job hiding everything" if that was how this was supposed to be. 

Searching again for the photo. It has to be here somewhere, at least Ethan hoped it would be. "Maybe I shouldn't go first next time". He yelled to his team.

Group 4 is searching for the photo

Group 4 is successful and has the three needed posts. They may move on to the next task.

(Praise be.)