Kermit Princeley

It's our problem-free philosophy.

6 posts in this topic

Unique.
Definition: being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.
Example: Kermit Bartholomew Princeley.

There were many who wondered if Kermit was truly how he presented himself. If the fourth year had heard anyone questioning it, he would wonder what action he had taken to upset them. His idea of world domination was to provide the world with blankets, cuddles and sunshine. It was simple really – he had no obvious malice, and at times, meant he could be walked over.

Unfortunately, he also had a playful side. It was often on display and at times got him into trouble. It was a side which his best friend had seen regularly… and that morning it was no different. The fourth year hufflepuffs had been wondered towards breakfast when inspiration struck, and he grabbed Seamus’ arm to drag him near to a suit of armour. 

“I don’t wanna go to herbology.” Kermit’s voice was levelled with the most appropriate whine he could muster. “Come on S. We never get to spend time together anymore. Well… unless you love my bed more than your own.”

He was talking about the fact Seamus had taken over his own bed since the breakup between himself and Kimber. There had never been, nor ever will be, anything between the two best friends. They were practically blood brothers.

“I know. Why don’t we sneak to Hogsmeade? I need to replenish my chocolate supply.”

As he spoke, he was oblivious to anyone potentially watching them from the stair case. He was focused on the fact he wanted to have some fun for the first time in weeks. Kermit had no thought to the fact there had been an attack only last term, and the fact if they were caught they would be in more trouble than it was worth. His sense of fun had [and not for the first time] forgotten to interact with his common sense. 

Post 1300 :wub:

With having spent the last four years living under the same roof as Kermit Princeley, Seamus was more than thoroughly acquainted with mischievous intricacies of his best friend. It was a side of the boy that was wrought with nothing but playfulness and a penchant for dragging those around him into trouble, but Seamus loved it nevertheless. He was so intimately familiar with the territory that the redhead had known something was up when the other boy had pulled him to the side that morning.

Seamus just scratched the back of his head, a feeling of guilt washing over the teenager as Kermit was so quick to win him over with his quiet whines. Class was important, but when the other was so hellbent on avoiding their lessons he found it easy to turn and look the other way from the responsibilities of the ideal student.

"We spend plenty of time together," the redhead objected. It was nothing but lies, but the fourteen-year-old felt it was his duty to protest regardless. As much as he hated to admit it, the two hadn't spent a lot of time together in the last several months. If he was being honest, Seamus had probably spent more time sleeping or studying in Kermit's bed than actually spending time with the other boy. "I can't help that your bed happens to be comfortable."

Or maybe it was because Seamus had been looking for an excuse to not stay in his own bed. Whatever the excuse had been, Kermit had been kind enough to give him his space even if all the redhead had sought was comfort from the other.

Seamus had spent enough time moping about the dormitory that being coddled by his best friend was the last thing he needed, but he couldn't help himself. The attention was nice and it helped to keep him focused on anything but whatever troubles were at the forefront of his mind.

He should have said no, the fourteen-year-old knew well enough that this would only end in disaster. And yet, the redhead merely nodded along at the suggestion - a thin smile tugging at his lips. "And here I thought your trunk was a bottomless supply of chocolate." Seamus hummed. The boy knew well enough that a large portion of that chocolate had been gifted to him in frog form, so he supposed that was why the other boy never touched it.

"But fine," he relented, "you owe me if we get caught."

Somehow, Jake had overslept! Normally that never even happened, but it had today and if he didn't hurry he was gonna end up late to class. It was a long walk to herbology after all. Luckily, the boy was able to get himself ready in time and hustled his way down the stairs to breakfast. He was going to have to just wolf it down, but if he did, he would be alright.

Jake suddenly spotted his friend Kermit, as he reached the bottom of the stairs, and he gave a wave. The Hufflepuff and the Gryffindor had always got along well. Kermit was really nice, and unlike a lot of the other boys at school the two actually had some things in common (sometimes Jake secretly wondered if maybe the sorting hat shouldn't have actually put him in Hufflepuff instead). Kermit's friend Seamus was there too, who Jake had dueled just recently. He caught a snippet of their conversation though, and it stopped him in his tracks.

"Huh? Get caught doing what? Aren't you guys going to breakfast?" Jake asked, pointing down the hall, and blinking at the two Hufflepuffs. 

It wasn’t that he wanted to get them into trouble on purpose. Kermit was very much ‘what happens, happens’ and would deal with the consequences at another time. Seamus would be used to this and he knew that he could rely on him. The two would never betray each other, there was a bond of brotherhood, and one that would continue throughout their lifetime.

“No we don’t.” Kermit protested, as he tried to think back to when they had spent time tofether. “You sleeping in my bed does not count. I like to be able to sleep somewhere other than the sofas in the common room.”

Some may ask why he hadn’t chosen Seamus’ bed, but it just was not the same. He had managed to get his mattress to mould to his body type, it was very hard to try and achieve that elsewhere. He smiled at Seamus’ next words, any annoyance about being kicked out of his own bed forgotten in a moment.

“It is at the start of the year. I just need to restock before I go home, work has it that my mother is on a family health kick.” He told the boy, reaching out to clasp him on the shoulder. “Yes! You can have all the bed you want if we get caught. Promise.”

He would have bounced on the spot if it weren’t for a voice. Kermit turned around, spinning on his heels, as he came face to face with a certain fourth year Gryffindor. He smiled a little guiltily, as he rubbed his hand on the back of his neck. “Heya Jake! We… we’ve just finished breakfast.” He said, hoping that Seamus would follow suit with the lie. “We’re just going on a walk around the grounds.”

[

"No one said you had to sleep on the couch," Seamus argued. Slender fingers ran through his reddened hair, the teenager sighing in the process. "It would've been just as fine to have shared -- it's not like we haven't done that before." And while the fourteen-year-old may have been content in trying to deflect the topic to something else, it was obvious Kermit was unhappy with how little time they had spent together. Seamus had been a bad friend the past little while and much to his own displeasure, they both knew it too.

He had been in a mood of his own as late so Seamus could understand why the other boy may not have wanted to be around him, but he had his needs too! Seamus just had a poor way of showing what he wanted and needed. But the redhead wasn't about to start a fight over it. The last thing he wanted to do was irritate Kermit further. Seamus was sure he was already flying thin with his best friend's good graces after having taken his bed for himself.

What was the easiest way for Seamus to remedy that predicament? Agree to Kermit's demands. Unconditionally.

"If she's on a health kick, I don't doubt she'll go through your trunk to rid it of sweets the moment you get home." The boy snorted, shaking his head as Kermit offered him his bed as payment if they got caught. "You're going to owe me so much more. I don't fancy spending time in detention, Kit."

Seamus would have loved to have had a meal, but it was clear that wasn't going to be the case as they were interrupted. He opened his mouth to protest, his stomach nearly following suit but he was sure Kermit would have his head for ruining their plans. "Yeah, y'know just to walk off the calories before class.." or something like that.

Kermit and Seamus had already eaten, and were going for a walk before class. Jake thought about how late it was...and the more he thought about it, the more he wondered if it was even worth going to breakfast at all. Jake wasn't a very fast eater - and if he ended up taking too long he'd be late for class, which was something that the punctual boy definitely didn't want to happen, ESPECIALLY with Professor Mendellsohn.

"Oh okay, I'll come too," Jake said, sure that Kit wouldn't mind if he tagged along. "I probably don't have time to eat anyways." he said with a shrug. The fourth-year stretched his arms, and thought that maybe a walk around the grounds in the fresh air was just what he needed to feel fully awake. 

"So um...are we gonna go...?" Jake asked, looking at the two boys who he thought were maybe looking at him a little funny.