Welcome back to VH! We've just upgraded our software and themes and still have some fine-tuning to do. Please be patient while we get everything working right!  For information about the changes and to report any bugs or theme issues, please visit the Board Upgrade forum. Thank you!

Desmond Tonks

Magimons 2.0: The Playground

110 posts in this topic

magimons 2.0

- THE PLAYGROUND -

-GET A MAGIMON DEVICE/GEAR UPGRADE HERE FIRST!

• Not sure where you left off? Check here. If you are on the list of people with magimon adults, you do not need to go through the growing process again. If you are not on the list, please go through the growing process in this thread, starting from hatching!

• To interact with your Magimon, you need to make posts in the Magimon Playground. Each post should have at least a one-liner. ICly, this can happen anywhere in the castle. You also don't have to interact with Des. There are FIVE potential actions you can do.

• Hatching: Naturally, the first step is to hatch your egg. You achieve this by walking 2 miles ICly. OOCly, you make a single post.

• The magimon that emerges from the egg will be randomised. But you can control the results to some extent by filling up the HATCHING FORM with your top three preferences for each field. Please do not list 'no preference'. The host will generate the magimon from these prefered options. Gender preference cannot be given.

• BEAST OPTIONS: Any canon BEAST except for centaur and merpeople

• PERSONALITY OPTIONS: Link

• HATCHING FORM
          Beast: ?/?/?
          Personality: ?/?/?

• The host will post hatching results, which will include the magimon’s species, gender and personality.

• Growing: Before you can race or breed your magimon with another, it needs to grow. The phases are egg → baby → child → teenager → adult. To make your magimon grow to the next phase, you will need to interact with your magimon by doing one of the following green actions. ICly, your magimon will grow as long as you take care of their needs frequently. OOCly, your magimon will grow into an adult with 3 posts featuring the following actions in any combination.

• Feeding: Feed it with any food you desire. Fruits, vegetables, meats and humans are fair game.

• Playing: Play with it! Raising a basilisk? Anything but a rubber chicken.

• Grooming: You can bathe it, dye its hair, give it accessories. Your choice!

• Each post should come with a GROWTH FORM

• GROWING FORM
            I fed/played/groomed my magimon! It is now a child/teenager/adult!

• You do not need the host to post to ‘verify’ that the magimon has grown.

• Racing - look here.

• Breeding: WARNING! If you breed your magimon with someone else’s, you will lose the parent magimon and will raise a new magimon from scratch/an egg. You’ll have to go through the hatching + growing phases again. So what’s the point of breeding? You get hybrids.
      • Hybrids: Hybrids will always be made up of two beasts. Even if you breed a basilisk-phoenix and unicorn-dragon, the result will be a combination of two of the four possible creatures. Elements and personalities are not passed down - they will be randomised again in the hatching process! Please do not list 'no preference'.

• The pair of VHers who are interested in breeding their magimons will post one post each. They will also hatch their new egg (they get one each!) in the same post to speed things up. ICly, you need place one device on top of another. HEART PETALS will rain and cover the device. When it clears, you see a new egg!

• BREEDING & HATCHING FORM
          I am breeding my (insert species of magimon here) with (insert name of VHer here)’s (insert species of magimon here).
          NEW HATCHLING’S TRAITS
          Beast: ***

• *** There are three possible combinations when it comes to breeding. The arrow (-->) indicates what you should fill the beast field with!:

• Beast A x Beast B --> NOTHING

• Beast A x Beast B - Beast C --> NOTHING. (The resulting hatchling will always have Beast A's genes)

• Beast A - Beast B x Beast C - Beast -D --> ?/?/? (where you list which hybrids you prefer to have from the parents)

• The host will post hatching results, which will include the magimon’s species, gender and personality. Your battle count will not return to zero.

• Releasing: Want to start over and hatch a new egg? Post an rp with the form below.

• RELEASING & HATCHING FORM
        Bye bye __________!
        NEW HATCHLING’S TRAITS
        Beast: ?/?/?

• The host will post hatching results, which will include the magimon’s species, gender, element and personality. Your battle count will not return to zero. Please do not list 'no preference'.

• Posting after yourself is fine!!!

• REACTION POSTS of any nature are allowed. Just don’t post a form~

IS YOUR MAGIMON LOOKING FOR ANOTHER TO BREED WITH?

CHECK HERE FOR RECORDS!

Edited by Desmond Tonks

Puck startled and nearly chucked her retro magimon crystal ball into the lake. It was being weird. Standby for self destruct.

HATCHING FORM
Beast: Cornish Pixie/Sphinx/Jobberknoll
Personality: Naughty/Mild/Rash 

Edited by Puck Whitaker

"What are you...." Kieran stared into the magimon device. He wondered if he should shake it like a magic 8 ball?

• HATCHING FORM
    Beast: runespoor/dragon/unicorn
    Personality: quirky/naughty/jolly

Though she felt a little bit silly walking around with an egg, Margaret had spent most of her meager allowance on her Magimon and she was determined to raise something powerful and beautiful... hopefully the egg wouldn't hatch a CHICKEN.

HATCHING FORM
Beast: Leprechaun/Basilisk/Troll
Personality: Lonely/Timid/Rash

He had to walk two miles to get the egg to hatch, he hoped that it would worth it. He spent money on this thing. His teammate better not have lied to just earn some extra money.

·         HATCHING FORM
Beast: Red Cap/Swooping Evil/Sea Serpent
Personality: Bold/Hasty/Modest

Walking two miles was no big deal at all to Fern, since she was convinced that she walked way more than that on a daily basis anyways. Even just the trek from Ravenclaw common room to the Great Hall had to be like, three-quarters of a mile at least. Or at least she thought- she wasn't really sure because who measured distance by miles here in Scotland anyways?

HATCHING FORM
Beast: Bowtruckle/Mooncalf/Pixie
Personality: Quirky/Sassy/Bashful

@Puck Whitaker
Beast: Sphinx
Personality: Mild

@Kieran Wells
Beast: Unicorn
Personality: Naughty

@Desmond Potter
Beast: Sea Serpent
Personality:Hasty

@Margaret Schoenberger
Beast: Basilisk
Personality: Lonely

@Fern Blackburn
Beast: Pixie
Personality: Bashful

SO MANY SONS.

Edited by Desmond Tonks

"What do you mean I have to walk to get this thing to hatch? Ugh."

HATCHING FORM
Beast: Chimaera/Nundu/Abraxan
Personality: Rash/Impish/Gentle

@Milo Shin

Beast: Chimaera
Personality: Gentle

FINALLY A FEMALE :@

As his magimon egg hatched, he was able to finally see what he got, and it was a sea serpent. Looking over to where Milo was. "I go a sea serpent." Looking at his feed, and showed him. Now he was sitting down, and pressing some buttons and ended up playing with the sea serpent, as it was doing something on the screen.

GROWING FORM
I played my magimon! It is now a child

"Oh wicked." The Korean looked down at the egg that had hatched into a chimaera who seemed rather...docile. "Wait...mine's a girl?!?!" How in the world could he deal with this? Milo petted it a little, hoping it wouldn't bite off his finger. "This... I got a chimaera."

GROWING FORM
I groomed my magimon! It is now a child!

"You got a chimaera, that is awesome. I'm trying to see how in the world you groom a sea serpent" He said, as he was trying to press the buttons, and see how this was going to work. At least his male was not getting bigger. "Look it is taller now." He said, this was going to get him into trouble when he went to class.

GROWING FORM
I groomed my magimon! It is now a teenager

"You got a giant snake?!?!" Milo looked over at Desmond's magimon. He noticed his own got a little bigger too. "You have to play with these too? Hey, since when did wizards have touchscreens?" He pressed the feed button on his device. "Yeah Chimaeras are pretty cool. At least I didn't get a unicorn."

GROWING FORM
I fed my magimon! It is now a teenager!

Edited by Milo Shin

"I did, but I have no clue how to groom it," he told his friend as he hit his buttons to fed it. "You got a Chimaeras, those things are so cool." He laughed, "touchscreens?" Milo should know that he had no clue what he was talking about. "Nothing is wring with unicorns, but the chimaeras. It is so much better." Looking at his now adult magimon. "I guess it is time to go race and fight these."

GROWING FORM
I fed my magimon! It is now an adult!

"Yeah but how can you not know what a touch screen is? You just touch it." Boy, Desmond needed to know a lot about magic. "Yeah its cool but its a female." Plus it seemed far too docile for a chimaera.

GROWING FORM
I played with my magimon! It is now an adult!

It was hatching! "Please be something cool.... please be something cool....." It was a...... UNICORN. "Oh no I may have gotten a girl's toy...." Still it was sorta cool. Kieran suppose he could feed his baby now.

GROWING FORM
I fed my magimon! It is now a child!

"Mysteries....I love mysteries... I hope I get something cute!" 

HATCHING FORM
Beast: Fwooper/Bandicoot/Phoenix
Personality: Quirky/Jolly/Sassy 

Edited by Seeley Pichardo
adding RP... sry too excited.

"Okay you are sorta cute..." It was actually pretty cool. Plus Kieran welcomed any distraction from lessons he could. Unicorns were awesome.

GROWING FORM
I played with my magimon! It is now a teenager!

Was it weird he was talking to a magical handhold device/game? Probably. Kieran shut up and began walking around some more with it. He wondered who else had these. He poked some more at the magimon sphere.

GROWING FORM
I groomed my magimon! It is now an adult!

@Seeley Pichardo

Beast: Fwooper
Personality: Sassy

(Seeley, please include a short rp for any post made in this thread <3)

Edited by Desmond Tonks

"I wonder if flying on a broomstick will get me the steps I need," Terrance said to himself, hoping the answer to his question would be yes.

HATCHING FORM
Beast: Acromantula/Thunderbird/Troll
Personality: Bold/Adamant/Relaxed

"Now that is one epic creature!" Terrance beamed, his lips pulling into a large grin as he watched his egg hatch into a Thunderbird. What an epic creature. "Time to eat..."

GROWING FORM
I fed my magimon! It is now a child!

Inspecting the orb from all sides, Seeley was impatiently waiting for whatever was going to happen, to happen... and then it did.  Then... she exploded.  

"OHMYGODDESLOOKATTHISITSAMAZINGDOYOUSEETHISPINKFLUFFOHITSSOCOOLIHAVETHEBESTONEITSSOAMAZINGWHATDOIDONEXT?!!!!!?!!!" 

GROWING FORM
I played with my magimon! It is now a child!

"Why....?  Why does his face look sooo... sooo.... rude?  He's just a baby and he looks like he wants to bite my nose.  BUTILOVEHIM." She pulled the creature and his orb closer to her body to hug it as best as she could.  She wasn't allowed to have a pet yet, but her parents weren't around to stop her from buying this so he was now the little hufflepuff's pride and joy.   

GROWING FORM
I groomed my magimon! It is now a teenager!