Sign in to follow this  
Seeley Pichardo

The Wandering in the Wand

Seeley Pichardo

Term Two

Week Two

"Ugh...ouch." The blond exclaimed as she landed hard after tripping over an uneven stone in the third floor corridor.  Somewhere inside the back of her mind a voice that sounded a touch like her mother's whining something that sounded a lot like a warning about running indoors but the young badger ignored the murmur and got back on her feet glaring at her now throbbing knee as if she could scare it into healing.  

She had stayed behind just a few extra minutes in charms class to practice their newest spell but it was lunch hour and Seeley was hungry.  How her classmates had all gotten so far ahead of her she never would have guessed, but the halls were clear and so she rushed on, running on until she reached the landing leading towards the second floor. 

Just in time to see the staircase turn out of reach. 

"Evil things." She muttered, wondering who's bright idea it was to enchant the things in the first place.  A sigh escaped her lips and she turned around to take the long way down to the great hall when a small spark and a rattling noise near a suit of armor caught her attention.  Hitching her bag higher on her shoulder Seeley cautiously stepped closer to the noise and crouching down she recognized a narrow piece of wood stuck in between the foot of the suit of armor and the wall.  

"Someone lost their wand." She mumbled to no one in particular as she reached out to grab it, but the wand, it seemed, had other ideas.  

A small, sharp flurry of sparks and a rattling shot the wand from its stuck place and off it went bouncing down the corridor and Seeley, of course, went chasing after it. 

"Hey! Get back here!" She called out, her bag dropping to the ground near the hollow metal man.  The wand paused just a few feet from where it had been and again the Hufflepuff stooped to pick it up only to have it sputter and shoot off with a bounce down the hall.  

A third time she tried to capture the enchanted piece of timber, but this time the twelve year old had formed a more solid plan... This time, for sure she would catch it.  Cornering the deceptively calm wand, much the way a sumo wrestler advances the skinny blond stepped towards the wood and then all at once she jumped and tackled pleased when she felt herself land on something.

If only that something, had actually been the wand. 
Edited by Seeley Pichardo

Desmond Potter

It seemed that once again he was doing bad in his class, Seeley had been trying to keep him awake in class. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn’t charms was not as fun as he thought it would be. He wanted to learn more spells, though the spells they were learning ware the spells he kind of already knew. At least Seeley was trying to keep him awake, though at this moment in time he wanted to eat something. So he walked down the stairs to get to the great hall.

Though as that was happening, he could hear his friend yelling at something to come back. He turned around, “Seeley, what are you going after?” He looked at his friend with a confused face. Not knowing that in the world was happening. Was that a wand, or one of those trick wands from his family joke shop. He just didn’t know.

He didn’t know if she had heard him, because before he knew it. She was falling on him, so she didn’t see him at all. Trying to breath, thank goodness they were eleven and twelve. She really couldn’t hurt him.

“Seeley? Do you mind getting off me?” He said with a laugh, “also what in the world are you going after?”

Edited by Desmond Potter

Seeley Pichardo

Seeley hadn't heard Desmond's voice calling out to her as she had been trailing the wand down the corridor.  Otherwise what happened next might not have happened.  She would have known he was there... she would have known that in fact she was standing nearly right next to him.  But, she was so focused on catching the enchanted stick that the girl was stuck in some serious tunnel vision and there was nothing that she could see in that hallway except for her and that wand.   

Vaulting off the ground, she came down hard on a thing; a thing that was much too big to be a wand and that was when she realized that someone else was with her.  That someone was larger then a wand, had some serious muscle tone and a very familiar voice.  "Wha... what? Oh!" A blush swept across her cheeks when she realized that being sprawled across one of your best friends in the corridor was not supposed to be a normal occurrence on a Thursday afternoon.  Pushing off with a hand on his chest she regained an upright station and immediately began scanning the ground for the wand who had apparently reached expert level hide and seek status.    

Wildly unconcerned with where Des had come from, despite the fact that she could have sworn he'd been the first in line to get out of the classroom door for lunch, Seeley looked high and looked low around the baseboards and behind a nearby display case for the lost object.   "I found a wand up here... only there's something odd about it." She said, clearly distracted by her search.  

"Every time I get close to it... it sort of zips off in another direction.  Blasted thing."  

Desmond Potter

He might have been the first to leave and walk away. He just could hear his friend and had to know what was happening. He was so confused to why she was chasing a wand. A wand that didn’t want to get caught at all. Having Seeley laying on him, as they didn’t see each other as she was going after a wand, this Thursday was not a normal Thursday at all.

“Are you blushing” He said with a laugh, knowing that this was not how they should be found at all, then she pushed off him on his chest, it didn’t hurt at all. Though it was not something he was expecting to happen. “Sorry, I thought you might have heard me.” As stood up to make sure that he was alright, “are you alright?” He asked Seeley, he didn’t want her to be hurt at all. He shouldn’t sneak up on people at all.

“That is an odd wand, I have never seen a wand do that before.” It had to be an older students wand, since they could know a spell to enchant it to be able to act crazy. “Do you think that someone did something to their wand?” He hoped that was not the issue, because if they did. They wouldn’t ever be able to catch that wand. He had a plan, at least he hoped that this plan could work. He was not super smart, though this could work out. 

“Which way did it go?” He was going to help Seeley get it. He would be one one side and she could be on another side. So they would be able to go get it and find out who it belongs to. "I have a plan, but we need to know where it went first."

Seeley Pichardo

Ugh was she blushing? Yes... But no.  "Blush... No, I'm not blushing... Shut up Des, I just... Must be allergic to whatever you spray on yourself every morning.  Or the stuff the elves had to use to wash your smelly robes in."  She trailed off scoffing, making sure to shove extra hard for good measure as she used his stomach for leverage to stand up.  

Stupid boys.  Waving him off with a pass of her hand she nodded and took a few steps down the hall.  "I'm fine, I'm fine.  But that wand won't be if I ever get a hold of it." She bent down to look under a decorative case holding some kind of artifacts she didn't even bother to read the placards about but couldn't see any wand.  Very focused on her mission she crossed her arms over her chest and nodded in agreement with Desmond.  "Me either, but I really do think it must be enchanted in some way.  Maybe so not just anyone can pick it up?" 

Knowing which direction she'd come from and that it hadn't backtracked she continued down the hall, attention caught suddenly as a flash of sparks jet from behind the edge of a low hanging tapestry of a wizard on an old fashioned broom.  "There it is!" The blond shouted, pointing a finger towards the target they hoped to acquire. 

"What's the plan, Des?" 

Desmond Potter

Whatever he put on in the morning, that was nothing. He just showered in the morning and using normal soap. “I don’t put anything on in the morning.” He laughed, it was funny to think that an eleven-year-old would put someone on. It was not him, he always showered though because Quidditch was a lot of work and he would not smell nice after practices.

“That hurt.” He said as Seeley pushed herself off his stomach. “That was not very nice at all.” Telling his friend, but that was not what was going on at this moment, they were going after a wand. They were going to catch it, since it didn’t want to be caught at all, at least that is what it seemed like with what Seeley was telling him. “There has to be away to get it.” He said as he followed Seeley to where the wand might be.

As Seeley pointed to where it was, he looked over and his plan just might be able to work out, “that plan is, that each of us stand on one side of it and try to catch it. If one person goes after it from one side the other from the other side. It just might work.” At least he hoped that it would work. It was the only plan that he had, if they didn’t run into one another nothing could go wrong.

Seeley Pichardo

"Nothing?" A snort escaped.  "You're not walking about stark naked." 

They didn't have time for this.   The wand still needed to be found and the lunch hour was only so long.  Even though she would survive if she only managed to get a snack in, she knew her more food enthusiastic friend would spend the afternoon complaining and more than likely blaming her for it if they didn't wind up making it to the great hall before it was time to get to afternoon class.  Completely ignoring his complaints she followed through with her intent to track down the wand and once located she clued Desmond in to its hiding place.  

Though the plan wasn't very elaborate, it was at least better then her along chasing the thing down the corridor and flopping onto it like a fish.   "Alright, fair enough." She nodded, motioning with her hand to show him which direction to go, as if the wand could hear her words if she were to say them out loud.   "On three, okay?" 

Then she very slowly held up fingers to count from one to three and upon reaching 3 she jumped at the wand, hoping that she would actually land on it.  But, at the very least if not, Desmond was there as backup to catch it if it spiraled off in the other direction.   Flinching as she hit the ground, she could hear a fizzing and sputtering noise and she felt a burning sensation under her stomach that was rapidly becoming hard to ignore.  Plunging her hands underneath her she wrapped her fingers around the wand and gripped it tightly before jumping to her feet.  Pure joy was evident on her face.  

"Wa-haha!  It worked!  Look!" She held it up high in the air for Desmond to see, as sparks continued to blast out of the wand, it not so secretly trying to escape from her grasp.  "Now, what do we do with it?" She wondered aloud, looking up and down the hall to where she spotted her bag on the ground.   "Oh here, hold this while I go get my bag."  Then she thrust the sparking wand at her housemate and charged down the hallway.  

Edited by Seeley Pichardo
post 500 to you <3

Desmond Potter

He laughed at what Seeley had said to him, he also knew that they were on a mission.

Not even thinking about lunch, until now, when his belly was making a noise, he hoped that they would catch this wand and make it to the great hall. He would have to put snacks into his bag or his afternoon class, or not even go and just go to the kitchen. That might be the better idea, it wasn’t like he would be missing anything while he was in class.

It seemed that his plan just might work and Seeley was down for it. He stood on one side of the wand while she stood the other one. As they would be going on the count of three, and when they got to three he went after it, but it seemed that Seely was the one that got to it first, he also didn’t see it flying anywhere else. That was a good sign, maybe the caught it and could get something to eat.

When she got back up, she had the wand. It worked, his plan worked. He didn’t think that it would. “Good Job Seeley.” He said as she asked him to hold it when she went to get her bag, “I think we should take it to the lost and found.” Hogwarts did have one of those, he was sure they did because people lost things all the time.

Now he was just waiting for his friend to get back. "This thing is going crazy in my hands." He yell towards her, and shoved it in his bag, hoping that it would stay there. He didn't want to lose again. "Also can we get some food please." This adventure mad him want food, and all the food he could eat. He should have just enough time to have some.

Edited by Desmond Potter

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.