Sign in to follow this  
Puck Whitaker

Catching like a wildflower

Puck Whitaker

Many aquatic plants, it seemed, did not require much care at all. In fact... some did quite well all by themselves. 

Too well. 
Oops.

Puck stared out at the Lake, which just last week had still seemed totally cool with its new addition of three water canon lilies. Now there were fifteen water canon lilies blasting birds away from the surface of the Lake and steadily multiplying. Was someone messing with her? How did they grow so quickly when she wasn't even helping them? Was there maybe a reason that the lilies hadn't been introduced to the lake before...?

No. Surely not. They were lovely and had done an excellent job protecting her gillyweed. There had to be a better solution than extricating them from the environment. Perhaps... containment? She had studied the root system when transplanting them, it shouldn't be that hard... when there were only three of them. Now there were fifteen glorious weaponized plants floating about on the surface of her water garden's home. 

She needed... help. 
Gross.  

Selena Watkins

Selena had been staring at the lake all morning from the tower. How on earth did so many water canon lilies end up on the lake? After a good hour of contemplation, the curious ravenclaw walked all the way down to the shore to stare at the lilies more closely. It was down at the shore she realized there was an entire garden. How had she not noticed it before? And Puck was here too? Piecing everything together in her mind she questioned the older girl, "Did you plant the lilies? Because that seems like too many. What if they fire on the squid?" She was genuinely fearful for the squids life...even if she hadn't actually seen it before. "Can you get rid of some of them? I could probably help, I help my daddy with some of his work sometimes too. Only i have no idea about water plants so you'd need to teach me or something." 

Puck Whitaker

Oh look. Help. 

Sure, it was a first year, so it wasn't Outstanding help, but it would have to do for the moment. Besides, it was one of the ones she didn't hate. 
The sixth year kicked a pebble with her sneakers, watching it bounce a couple feet away from her before nodding once, formulating something of a plan. 

"Immotus Verto," she murmured, watching the pebble transfigure into a small barrel. She kicked it a few times to make sure it was sturdy, and smiled with satisfaction when it proved to be. It was a first year spell, surely a first year could manage it? She lined up fourteen more pebbles for the girl to carry on with, gesturing vaguely to the pebbles and the barrel before heading back to the greenhouse to fetch wheelbarrow of dirt. 

Hopefully she wouldn't come back to anything terrible catastrophic...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.