Welcome back to VH! We've just upgraded our software and themes and still have some fine-tuning to do. Please be patient while we get everything working right!  For information about the changes and to report any bugs or theme issues, please visit the Board Upgrade forum. Thank you!

Kelly Ashcroft

the only purpose of this thread is to create drama

41 posts in this topic

"Darcy. No," Kelly shook her head. "You're protecting them from her."

The irritating Gryffindor stepped in with a word. Kelly groaned. "A condition that causes them to kill people. If that were my condition, then sure."

Then, to Ollie: "You can exclude him too."

Ollie's sign now read:

and the rest of hogwarts
PROTECT KELLY ASHCROFT ^ FROM WEREWOLVES!!!!!
x x x
EXCLUSIONS:
Darcy

"Excuse me, what is your, like, name please?" She couldn't just put 'annoying Gryffindor' on the sign.

Ryan narrowed his eyes at the Slytherin prefect. "You're so lucky that nothing in your life has apparently ever caused you to suffer, because if it had, you wouldn't be putting up these stupid signs and saying such stupid and heartless things."

And to the Ravenclaw who was asking him what his name was, he growled, "Forget about my name. Why don't you put down 'Ravenclaws are mindless parrots'? That would be much more important to let people know."

"Sounds like what a werewolf would say."

She pointed at the loudmouth Gryffindor and whispered loudly to Ollie, "So, I'm like 100000% sure he's a werewolf."

"That also sounds like something a werewolf would say." If what Kelly said was true... How could anyone be sure. Seeley was going to have to actually go to the library.

Edited by Seeley Pichardo

Ryan blinked at the Slytherin girl and the Hufflepuff girl. He vaguely recognized the two of them, which only made him feel more confused and outraged. Surely people who had seen him around the castle before would know that he clearly wasn't a werewolf? After all, he didn't disappear mysteriously around the time of full moons. That would probably be a pretty clear indicator that he wasn't a werewolf. At least, to people who weren't determined to believe the opposite.

"Are you both completely mad?" his voice rose at this point. "Is this what's fun to you, going around claiming anyone's a werewolf? And you know what, I WISH I WAS. JUST TO PISS YOU BOTH OFF!"

Ollie began to hum a happy tune and applied glitter to the sign. "I guess I'm not, like, getting your name then?" She asked eventually, opting to simply get creative with how she could best single out the boy.

and the rest of hogwarts
PROTECT KELLY ASHCROFT ^ FROM WEREWOLVES!!!!!
x x x
EXCLUSIONS:
Darcy
→ → →

The arrows were very bold, and very glittery, and perfectly positioned to be pointing directly at the nameless Gryffindor.

"I didn't say anything about anyone. I just asked a question." Seeley remarked after the boy had his outburst and she took a step back away from him, he clearly had had a bit too much dragon rage at lunch.

Did she actually think Havana really was a werewolf? Not really, but she did think the girl had some issues and could stand to be given a hard time every now and again. She could have thought of more to say to the older boy though if Ollie hadn't made such a spectacle of her sign, the adding of the arrows of glitter brought a laugh from the Hufflepuff.

"Ollie, did you need more glitter?" Seeley was pretty sure she had some in her bag.

Ryan narrowed his eyes at the Ravenclaw girl. "What is wrong with you? Do you think people being oppressed for who they are is funny?"

He blinked at the Hufflepuff. "Are you honestly that stupid? You just did. About me. What will be achieved if you accuse me of being a werewolf?" Without missing a beat, he answered his own question. "What happens is that you uphold the idea that werewolves are dangerous and should be persecuted, while simultaneously making their concerns as people seem less serious than they are,"

She studied Ollie's new sign, then nodded once in approval.

"Alright, dude," Kelly's voice turned mocking as she addressed the Gryffindor boy. Probably a student athlete #meme. "As intelligent and, like, enlightened, you think you are on this, I have, indeed, suffered. So have many other people. I'm not looking to, uh, fill the world with hearts. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows."

"It's about protection and self-preservation. Which, it appears, you don't have."

"I don't see how you can call me heartless then call a whole house mindless parrots." Despite what the first years were saying, however, she didn't necessarily think this guy was a werewolf.

More like an idiot.

"Parrots are, like, the most intelligent bird species. They can, like, count to six." THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT, RYAN.

"What do you mean wish you were? You already are."

She smirked, "I knew the pro-werewolf agenda would go to the extreme to avoid the truth about werewolves, but you went so hard to the anti-pureblood agenda, that I'm sure if you aren't -- and I use that word very loosely -- a werewolf... then you're being used a dumb toy who thinks they can whine about something else to take away from the very real werewolf problem that there is."

Yep, werewolf problem that was a thing that was definitely all over the Daily Prophet and other media outlets.

ooc: 800th post <3

"Yes, they can count to six. Which I'm sure is the extent of what you're able to do," Ryan shot back at the Ravenclaw girl.

"No, dude," Ryan drew himself up to his full height as he addressed the Slytherin prefect. "As 'intelligent' and like, 'enlightened', as you think you are on this, you have not suffered."

"If you actually cared about protection and self-preservation, you would put the names of every witch or wizard at Hogwarts on your stupid list. Was Voldemort a werewolf? And for one student killed by a werewolf, how many more people have been killed by wizards?"

Ryan crossed his arms. "What you're saying has been used to systematically exclude not just people who are part-humans, but people who are muggleborns, and even half bloods. I'm sure Salazar Slytherin thought he was protecting his students by excluding muggleborns, just like you think you're just trying to protect yourself right now. That's exactly why I can call you heartless."

Then the ickle Slytherin had to start talking again. "I'm not, but even if I was it wouldn't matter. Besides, you're the one avoiding the truth. The chances of you being attacked by a werewolf are so small they're practically non-existent."

At the words 'anti-pureblood agenda', it was hard for him not to laugh. "Oh yeah, sure. Asking that everyone be treated the same is so extreme. That's a good one."

Edited by Ryan Buratsche

"Oooh, burn." Ollie was too busy throwing glitter around to care.

Kelly, who had a deep fondness for parrots (her old dumb neighbor had a parrot who constantly insulted him and praised her - its oddness being part of how she'd realized she was a witch in the first place) - nodded enthusiastically with Ollie.

"Parrots can do much more than count to six. They're geniuses." She'd often been compared to the creature, evidencing its natural genius.

She narrowed her eyes at Ryan. "So have you, like, been in shackles? Because, I have. Have you been sequestered for splattergroit? For weeks? Stared into the eyes of a death eater? Have you.." It ended there, but she was on a roll and NOT STOPPING NOW. "Endured the cruiciatus curse?" She wasn't technically lying because the torment of this conversation was a cruciatus curse on its own,

"That's a stupid argument," she shot back. "Considering there are a hell of a lot more witches and wizards than there are werewolves. How about you tally percentages?"

"Muggleborns and half bloods are a different story," she sighed and thrust out her chin. "They don't kill people by nature."

Ryan blinked at the Slytherin prefect. Even if she had suffered, (and due to their past interactions, he was willing to bet that she was lying right now to try and seem like she was in the right), it still wouldn't excuse anything. Ryan shook his head. "Having met you before, I can say with a high degree of certainty that probably everything you said just now is a lie. Even if it were true, it would not excuse a single thing you're doing here. But you want to know what's happened to me? Fine. I lost both of my parents in a fire. I escaped." It wasn't something that he liked to talk about, but for some reason, the words came easy at this moment.

"The only reason I wasn't tortured by Death Eaters is because I can run fast. I avoided one by a matter of seconds." He was pretty sure that was the only reason he'd been allowed to come back to Hogwarts. If he had been tortured like Alayna had, Mama Kristen would have sent him to Ilvermorny faster than he could say 'quidditch'.

He shook his head when she called his argument stupid. "You must not think it's stupid if you're making my point now. There are a lot more witches and wizards than werewolves. You're likely to meet only one, maybe two, werewolves in your entire life. And thanks to medical advances, neither of them are likely to kill you. How many times has a Death Eater attacked you? Or even come close? I bet even that percentage is higher than the number of werewolves you've even heard of."

He rolled his eyes at her last statement. "Yeah, a lot of people would disagree with you. Slytherin, for example, would have. These days, neither do werewolves with a wolfsbane potion. They basically turn into werewolves once a month and take really long naps until they're human again. You're using the same logic that has oppressed anyone who wasn't a pureblood and still does. It's very much the same story. Not surprised though, you haven't ever shown any inclination of wanting to treat anyone in this school with respect."