New students: when you go to fill out the Sorting Form, we recommend you switch to another theme. Right now the form is not very easy to read on Castle theme. You can find the theme switcher at the bottom left corner of every page.

• Announcements

• Weasley

How to get sorted   05/13/2017

To find the Sorting Form, click on the "Sort Me!" tab at the top of the page.    Before you go to fill out the form, make sure that you have a username that follows our rules. If you don't, your form will be rejected. You can change your name once yourself, by going to Account Settings -> Display Name. If you've already used your one change, you can request a name change in this topic. Be sure to read the first post in the topic carefully so we can get you updated without any back and forth.   Don't rush to answer the form! There's no prize for sending it in first. Please take your time and fill out the form thoughtfully, so the hat will have the information it needs to put your character in the right house.     Calendar: Sorting Form appears: Saturday, May 13th Sorting Form closes: Friday, June 9th (No forms will be accepted after this date) The Sorting Ceremony closes: Sunday, June 11th, about 10am Central Time You find out your new house: Sunday, June 11th, 11 am Central Time First day of the new school year: Monday, June 12th   (For reference: Central Time Zone includes Chicago, Illinois)   How to get sorted:   1. Register with a name that follows our rules. The registration agreement explains the rules about names. You can also find them in the Rules.   2. Remember you may only send in one form total for this school year. If you send forms in from multiple accounts, we will not sort ANY of them. Then we have to feel bad about not sorting you. Don't make us feel bad, please.   3. Click on the Sort Me tab and fill out the sorting form as thoroughly as possible. The better we understand your character, the more likely we can put you in the right house. See "How to use the form" below if you're confused. For some in depth information on each house, please check out this topic on sorting. (Note: After you fill out the form, a copy will be PMed to you. Please save that because we delete them from our system after sorting.)   4. Wait for a PM from the Sorting Hat. Be patient, it could take a few days. If you don't receive a PM from the Sorting Hat within 4 or 5 days, contact one of the moderators.   5. If your form is: Accepted: Congratulations! You should now go post in the Sorting Ceremony topic in the New Member resources forum. This is very important. This post is where you'll go to find out what the Sorting Hat had to say about you. Don't skip this step! Rejected: Don't worry, you can still be sorted. Be sure to read the reasons for the rejection carefully, then edit your form (just click on the Get Sorted! link again) to fix the problem. Once you've done that, you can send the form in again. 6. That's it! Once you've gotten your acceptance letter AND posted in the Sorting Ceremony, you're all set. You'll find out where the Sorting Hat put you on Sorting day when you can check the Great Hall for the edited Sorting Ceremony.   How to use the form: The form is pretty straightforward and user friendly. Here are a couple tips: You don't need to fill the whole thing in at one sitting. You can finish one page at a time and save it. Then finish the rest later. Don't use your browser's Back or Forward buttons. Use the buttons in the form to Navigate.  If you don't fill out all the questions on a page, you can't save or move on. If you don't meet the word number requirements in the In Depth section, you can't submit the form. Use the "Check Word Count" buttons to see how many words you've used. If you fill in the wrong answers on the quiz page, you won't be able to submit the form. After you've submitted the form, you can't access it anymore. But if your form is rejected, you'll be able to see it again with your old answers still filled in. Still have questions? Ask here.    Note: Section I: Short Answer Please include a brief explanation with each answer. I'd like to remind you all to include an explanation with all the short answer questions. The answers to those questions aren't very useful for sorting unless you explain them.   Otherwise, we don't have enough information to sort you with. (Translation: we'll have to reject it.)     Many thanks as always to Arianna Wright for her hard work revising and updating the form and to Faraz Memon for initially coding it many years ago. <3
Kelly Ashcroft

the only purpose of this thread is to create drama

41 posts in this topic

Apparently blatant anti-werewolf propaganda wasn't the cleverest way to incite (justified) hatred toward the creatures (example: last year, when she'd managed to gather her own personal army of haters). Therefore, Kelly had to go about this in a more covert way.

The Slytherin set up a make-shift fortune booth, sprawled hastily the letters "GET YOUR FORTUNE HERE" and under it, in tinier red ink "Price: 2 Sickles."

"COME ON, FOLKS. PAY UP AND LINE UP FOR YOUR FORTUNES."

Fortunes? Yes! Juan wandered over to the booth and held out his hand. He didn't have money, though, so he hoped the two pieces of lint in his pocket were good enough.

"Alright, tell me what happens to me," he said, slamming the lint on the table, "And there's plenty more where that came from."

"2 sickles? That's outrageous."

Yet, there she was rummaging through her pocket before she decided to throw a couple of sickles onto the table. Havana wasn't sure what she was about to hear, but really it would be a great fortune, right?

"What is my fortune?"

Maybe the real fortunes were the Kelly's Ollie met along the way.

"Hey Kelly!" Ollie grinned, practically skipping over to the booth. Today she was wearing a wolf onesie, how apt. "Do I get a friend discount?"

"Alright, let me see your palm," Kelly nodded lazily towards Juan, collecting the two pieces of lint without even slightly recognizing that they weren't sickles.

Seers used palms, right? She didn't remember - she'd dropped divination years ago.

"Hmmm.. the lines in your palms indicate night.. a moon.. a WEREWOLF! It's your.. destiny! To hunt werewolves! Oh, look, there's something else. The werewolf you're suppose to hunt is, Darcy Redmount! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HEX DARCY REDMOUNT AND GOOD FORTUNE WILL FOLLOW!"

Finishing off the last swallow of juice, Seeley rose from the table and was on her way out when she heard the older girl calling out about telling people's fortunes. She had never heard of a student actually having the gift but that didn't mean it couldn't happen.

She'd give it a shot. Plus it seemed like all of her classmates were up for the same idea. Heading into the group the hufflepuff handed over her two coins and waited to hear what she had to say.

Another first year (Havana) followed and Kelly happily collected her payment, thinking that very soon she'd be able to afford that wolf-taser she'd been saving for.

"Hmmm," Kelly pretended to muse, accepting Havana's palm. "Your fortune is that you will organize an official anti-werewolf campaign to complement my campaign from last year. The purpose of the campaign will be to find the other werewolves in the castle (besides Darcy) to protect the student body.

Next came Ollie. Kelly's expression broke into a grin, until she paused and reflected upon what the younger girl was actually wearing.

Well, it was a wolf, not a werewolf!

"Sure. Your discount price is 1 galleon." 1 was less than 2. Ickles wouldn't notice the currency change.

Another first year. Kelly loved younger students - they had no idea she'd dropped divination years ago, and blindly trusted a prefect's judgment!

"You will encounter a werewolf or a werewolf-lover sometime within the next 24 hours," she informed the ickle Hufflepuff. "When you do, you will scream 'BLOODY MURDER' and full out attack them."

"..for the safety of the student body."

What an amazing deal! Wasn’t Kelly an incredible human being? Ollie rooted around her pocket, it was a lot of effort because she had no money. “The galleons are the like, silver ones right?” She had a single one, she’d found it on the floor a few hours ago. Kelly was worth the cost rip those dungbombs she had been hoping to purchase. “So like, what is my future?”

"Oh, uh no, I think, like, 17 of the silver ones," Kelly discerned. "Oh, right, well that's fine."

"Alright, Ollie, your fortune is you'll take off that wolf hoodie. And then you'll hand out this pamphlet." Kelly waved her wand and a pamphlet materialized into thin air.

The pamphlet read, "101 REASONS WHY WEREWOLVES ARE DANGEROUS" and in smaller letters, underneath, "trust me, they're not dalmatians."

The packet contained about three reasons. Kelly had gotten tired after that.

Hunt... Darcy Redmount? Werewolf hunter?

"Dude, wait, Darcy's a werewolf?! That's so cool!" he pulled back his palm, "But... I hunt her??? THAT'S NOT COOL! SHE'S SO SWEET AND NICE AND AAAAAAAAH!" Juan screamed at the top of his lungs. He didn't want to hurt anyone!

Except maybe Dax. And maybe Havana.

"Where do I start?"

Banners and stuff probably, but like everything was probably heading for an ugly fight. Havana, being the opportunist and smelling the potential fight. She had to figure out a plan to learn when the fight was going down and sell tickets.

"DOWN WITH LYCANS. LYCANS ARE BAD."

"Um, that's not cool." My god. The brainwashed youth. "Clearly you know nothing about werewolves. They will literally eat you! You think she's sweet and nice, but that's just part of a werewolf's mask - hiding their true nature," she explained brusquely.

Thankfully Havana accepted the challenge. "You can start with pamphlets. Pamphlets are great. I have some made already," she gestured to the stack she'd rewarded Ollie.

“Aren’t werewolves just like, people?” Furrier, hungrier people. “And you shouldn’t be like, talking about it so loud. What if they like, hear you? They can like, run 40 ‘mph’-” she actually said ‘mph’ because she had no idea it was an abbreviation. “-I don’t know how much that is but I reckon they could like, hunt you down. And they have like 200 million scent cells so they will like, sniff you out and eat you!” Sure this all applied to wolves, but there had to be some overlap.

"No, Ollie, werewolves are not people. People don't murder their best friends.. well, unless they're really bad people. Werewolves are monsters," she explained. "And they can't get me now because it's not a full moon. But when it is a full moon, I'll have my protective gear on, so don't worry."

She added, "Also, Darcy already knows I know she is a wolf. And the others.. well, no one knows about the others. I have to figure out who they are so I can protect myself.. and the student body." Like a good prefect. ^^

At least Ollie knew they had 200 million scent cells and ate people!

"Ok no. Dude. I met her. She is the sweetest person ever!"

Totally oblivious to the Darcy argument being fought beside her, Ollie had convinced herself Kelly was in grave danger. Wolves had great hearing abilities! They were probably planning to silence Kelly! And sure, her views may have been… not the most desirable. But Ollie still really liked her. Mind made up, Ollie ran up to Ravenclaw tower to discard her wolf onesie. By the time she came back down to the great hall, she had a dinosaur onesie on and a huge sign. It read: Protect Kelly Ashcroft from werewolves!!!!! in huge, bold lettering.

"Like I said," Kelly huffed at Juan, irritated by the fact she had to repeat herself. "She comes off as sweet." And naive. Too naive. "But that's a mask."

She nodded approvingly at Ollie's change of attire, then her gaze rose to the sign. "Okay, I mean, that's a cool sign," Kelly assured her. "But instead of 'Protect Kelly Ashcroft' maybe write 'Protect Hogwarts'?" she suggested, ever the giving one.

Juan was floored. What? Was it a mask? But she'd... No. He was very good at detecting lies. So instead, he just shrugged off the idea. He'd paid lint instead of money, so... He was fine. It wasn't a ripoff.

"She wasn't lying," he grumbled, walking away.

"But I don't care about all of Hogwarts?"

"Juan, that's just what they call... a wolf in sheep's clothing?"

That sounded accurate. That was completely accurate. 100% accurate without of a shadow of a doubt.

"I mean, have you ever read or heard of the story, Little Red Riding Hood?"

Perhaps it was the story of the boy who cried wolf.

She was going to attack someone within 24 hours? Seeley thought on that for a moment. She really wasn't all that violent and rarely attacked outside of the dueling chamber... Except for one person in particular.

Cocking her head to the side, she squinted at Havana nearby... She did kind of speak in a growly voice sometimes. Did it matter if she was now currently screaming about eradicating werewolves herself?

That could all be a rouse, a trick to confuse. The Hufflepuff looked back at the prefect with questioning eyes.

"How can you tell if someone is a werewolf?" she whispered, just in case Havana could hear her.

Ollie made sense, but there was something niggling at Kelly, something that she couldn't quite place. "Protect Kelly Ashcroft from wolves." It made it look like she personally was afraid of the wolves (which was true), but she didn't want this as a public announcement - she wanted to make it clear that the wolves were a danger to everyone, and therefore, every person needed to keep their guard up.

"You don't want anyone to die though, right?" she finally addressed Ollie.

"Well," Kelly informed the Hufflepuff. "Darcy Redmount is a werewolf.. write that down. Uh, besides her, well, it's hard to tell, because they're huge liars. If they get sick sporadically and disappear on full moons.. that's a sign. If you see someone bite people as a form of defense, or have a particular taste for steak, flash sharp teeth.." she listed off. "All signs."

The same Slytherin that had pushed aside the idea of pureblood supremacy had set up shop in the Great Hall, presumably so she could spread more harmful ideas. Ryan's suspicions were proven correct when he approached and heard her sharing the name of someone who was a werewolf, and telling other students that it was their destiny to hunt them.

"It's pretty harmful to talk about werewolves that way. It's not their fault that they have a condition. Would you like other people to treat you that way?"

"Does protecting all of like, Hogwarts include protecting that girl you don't like? Deirdre?" Close enough. Ollie pulled out a marker and began editing the sign. "And like, does it include him?" She gestured to Ryan, who dared to question Kelly.