Welcome back to VH! We've just upgraded our software and themes and still have some fine-tuning to do. Please be patient while we get everything working right!  For information about the changes and to report any bugs or theme issues, please visit the Board Upgrade forum. Thank you!

Cordelia Waldegrave

Welding 101

10 posts in this topic

Cordelia was crushed, her beloved Kimber was down in the dumps for well, being dumped. It was a bit like divorce for the second year when it came to their mentor group. Daddy and daddy hate each other and little Cordelia was stuck in the middle trying not to pick sides. Okay that last part was definitely a lie. There was only one side and it rhymed with Timber Gates.

As meddling was something she did best, the ickle decided to do her part in turning Kimber's frown upside down. And what better way to do that than host a welding lesson with a side of speed dating.

Collecting enough metal for twenty or so people had taken longer than she had expected and might have involved dismantling a suit of armor, but today was the day her fellow students learned about the wonders of her two favorite things, welding and Kimber.

Slightly surprised with the turnout, considering it was the middle of January and the grounds had a fresh coat of snow, the ickle snapped her safety goggles into place, and strapped her shin pads on. "Hello future welders!" she greeted the crowd like her lesson was some sort of bizarre infomercial, "Welcome to Welding 101 and Finding Kimber a Date 202. Today we will be learning the welding basics and finding my Kimber a date." She internalized a duh after the last bit, because even Cordy could figure out what Finding Kimber a Date 202 meant.

"Okay, first thing first, safety is our number one prioprity so put on those goggles and kneepads." Once she was satisfied that everyone was sufficiently safety-fied the ickle picked up Mr. Torchy for the next set of instructions. "This is Mr. Torchy, so the next step is for everyone to name their blowtorch and tell me what you find most attractive about Kimber."

"And WELD! Oh, and if you accidentally set yourself on fire just stop, drop, and roll in the snow."

How to win stuff

• Post an RP of at least 100 words
  • No double posting, at least one person must post between posts.
  • Pick a number between 1 and 50 and add it at the bottom of your RP.
  • Make sure its bolded and the number hasnt been guessed already.
  • I will post periodically interacting with you and at the bottom we will keep track of numbers that have been guessed and the prizes that have been won.
  • If you dont win a prize the first go, youre more than welcome to try again. Once you have won a prize, please only post reactions afterwards.

Margaret knew Cordelia Waldegrave was sort of insane. She'd flown about throwing slugs at opponents and team members alike during their first game, and Margie made a point to avoid the older girl during practice in fear of getting slugged or... burned. Apparently, Cordy was very close to an inanimate object named Mr. Torchy that Margaret still couldn't believe was allowed on campus.

But, despite being wary of Cordelia, Margaret wanted to make an effort to get to know her housemates and actually make friends. They were already into the new year and Margaret still couldn't name a single friend. As much as she enjoyed being alone, Margaret was a little bit sad and lonely (being alone and lonely were very different), and she figured someone as crazy as Cordelia couldn't be judgmental or picky about her friends...

And so, somehow, Margaret found herself wearing an ill-fitting pair of goggles and torn kneepads, holding a blowtorch as far away from her body as she possibly could. She felt out of place (how Cordelia looked so normal wielding a blowtorch, nobody knew...) but managed to squeak out a shy response.

"Um, th-this is... Blowtom..." Terrible name. "...and I-I guess the most attractive thing about Kimber...ly? Is that... I guess she's pretty?" Margaret didn't know who Kimber was, but she was definitely about to find out.

Edited by Margaret Schoenberger

Siobhan was not even sure she understood the concept of what dating was, but she knew she wanted a date with Kimber. That just meant spending time together, right? Either way, she had been intrigued enough to attend Cordelia’s welding event, but learning the other half of it was Finding Kimber a Date was even better! The brunette grinned at her roommate as she took a place on the snowy grounds.

Shiver was so busy looking for Kimber, wondering why he wasn’t here, that she almost missed Cordy’s first instructions. “Oh! Safety, of course!” Shiver nodded, plopping on her goggles and kneepads obediently before picking up her blowtorch with trepidation. She didn’t want to burn anyone!

“My torch’s name is going to be… Sparky,” Shiver decided with a nod, glancing over to the ickle who had commented that Kimber’s most attractive trait was that she was pretty. “Psst… Kimber’s a boy!” Shiver shout-whispered toward the ickle and grinned. “The most attractive thing about Kimber is that… uh… everything about him is fantastic,” Shiver decided with a corny smile on her features, but she meant every word.

Kimber was her fave.

Ethan wanted to go outside and enjoy the sun, that was out for some reason. And read his book, he finally found some time away from London to be able to read. Though as he was walking to the lawn there was something going on. Cordy was in charge of it, and he walked over to it. Hearing something about finding Kimber a date. Well Kimber hated Ethan, so he wasn’t helping find him a date.

Though with this being Cordy, he knew that this was going to be something that could be fun. He placed his book in his bag and went to grab the google and kneepads. “Cordy. Is this safe?” He shouldn’t of asked, he knew it wasn’t. Also how did she get so many blowtorches. Then again it was Cordy, who knew how she got anything.

“Weld? I don’t even know what I am doing?” Though he had to name it, "well, I guess I'll name it Firey" That was a crappy name, but he didn't care. He didn't know what he was supposed to be doing anyway. "Also why does Kimber need a date?"

Edited by Ethan Smith

Well the turnout was better than she had expected. Sure some people had showed up hoping Cordy would accidentally set herself on fire, but some of them were genuinely there to weld. Great name Margie! she beamed at her favorite first year, mainly because she didnt try to steal Kimber from her like that Rowan girl had, Hi Blowtom, she squeezed Mr. Torchys trigger int he tradition blowtorch greeting. Of course her students wouldnt know that yet, that was a Welding 202 topic.

It was as though Cordelia and Margie were lost souls, as they both thought Kimber was short for Kimberly. It was a bit of catastrophe the firest time Cordy truly met Kimber, meaning Cordy need up in tears, which is common theme of their twisted friendship/sibling-ness. Hes a boy whos name is Kimber, I know its weird, but hes the best, she smiled at her, When I first met him I thought he was a girl too, because I thought I ate the ly off of Kimberly but I didnt and he made me cry but then he gave me a present.

Finally remembering to inhale the tickle turned to her next student. Hi Siobhan, she greeted her housemate, Hi Ms. Sparky, Mr. Torchys single and ready to mingle if youre available. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge. Leaning over towards Siobhan the ickle whispered, Ill put in a good word for you.

Of course its safe, Ethan! Would Professor Gawkrodger trust me with a blowtorch if he didnt think it was safe Wait, dont answer that! Why did Kimber need a date? Why was that even a question? Because his boyfriend dumped him and hes sad and I dont like my Kimber sad! she stammered.

Now, whats everyones favorite thing about Kimber? Also, dont forget to hum a bit when welding, it gets those creative juices going, but NO DANCING. Dancing is dangerous, and you will set yourself on fire AND DIE!

Numbers Guessed: 10, 25 & 49

YOU GET A PRIZE, AND YOU GET A PRIZE, AND YOU GET A PRIZE!!!

Margaret: small prize

Siobhan: medium prize

Ethan: medium prize

22 more winning numbers available, so come play with me

Prizes sent

Edited by Cordelia Waldegrave

Kimber felt like crashing his little ickle's event. He knew Cordelia was going to do something with welding and teaching the small ickles how to do it. But this was something else. When he got there, he found out about the dating part? What was this? He actually found himself choking on nothing but air.

"Siobhan." And he wasn't even sure what he needed to say to the rest of the people here. He loved Siobhan and Cordelia, but he wasn't sure what he needed to do or anything else like that. "Please try to keep an eye on Cordelia?" He was pretty sure that this wouldn't be horrible. It was sort of funny to see what his little ickle was up to. He pat Siobhan on the head and moved over to Cordelia. He wrapped an arm around her and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Be safe, okay?" She was the little sister he'd always wanted. Well, no. She was the little sister he'd grown to love, even though he never thought he'd have her. "I'm Kimber, and really. Don't let this one pressure you into anything." He stated, to anyone who was questioning that part of the event. Because he couldn't believe she'd decided to do this.

Well no. He could believe it. It was Cordelia

---

No number, because I'm lame and this is just a reaction post.

“Sparky and Torchy make a cute match,” Shiver nodded like a bobblehead, smiling at her roomie and gingerly pressing the button that made her own blow torch, Ms. Sparky, emit a jet of flame. She was certain to only aim it at the scrap of metal on her table, though. The brunette hurriedly turned it off after a moment, though, as Cordy asked the next question.

“How kind he is to me! He stands up for me,” Shiver immediately chimed in… but she frowned as she realized the rest of Cordy’s words. Wait, Kimber had just gotten broken with? Double wait, Kimber had been dating someone?! Wow she was the worst friend ever. How had she not known that? Poor Kimber! D:

“Kimber!” Shiver exclaimed, jumping when the prefect greeted her and asked her to keep an eye on Cordy. “Oh, me? But… she’s the one teaching us…” Shiver trailed off, chewing on her lip nervously. She didn’t like being given responsibility… what if she failed Kimber? Being sure to watch carefully as the boy approached Cordy and gave her a hug (and kiss!) Shiver leaned over to Ethan.

“I think I found out who needs to be Kimber’s new date,” She told her friend, nodding toward Cordy and Kimber. “He kissed her!” She whispered, as if it had been more than just a kiss on the forehead. But hey, any kiss to Shiver was pretty scandalous. “I’ve never had a boy kiss me,” She added before beginning to hum, as if she hadn’t just been talking about Cordy and Kimber’s potential as a couple. They could be called Corber. Or Waldeyates. Or Kimdelia. The next power couple was here!

Reaction post!

Why was Desmond outside, he didn't know. He wasn't going to quidditch so he should be inside sleeping. Though he walked to the lawn and saw his teammate hosting something. "What is the Cordy?" He asked, walking over and getting a blowtorch. He still didn't understand how this was even safe to hold, for anyone. Students alone. Though he didn't care.

Cordy had something about giving it a name, what kind of name should Desmond call this? It wasn't like he was really going to use it at all. He was just there, because he was outside and things were happening. "I guess, this could just be called... um.... I don't know. Help me out Cordy." Maybe she would have a name for it.

Also knowing that Kimber was there, he now had a name with the face of the prefect that saved him from Havana that one time she was setting him on fire. He has been trying to stay away from her, so that doesn't happen again. "I mean, Kimber could find himself a date if he really wanted to Cordy. I am not sure that you need to do it for him." Desmond didn't really know that many people, well older people that would be.

He now just stood there, not knowing what he should do at all.

“If you believe it is safe, then it was safe.” This was not safe at all, though he wasn’t going to let his friend down at all. She wanted to teach this class. Though she really wasn’t teaching them a whole lot. “Kimber being sad, that is never a good thing. Though can you talk to Kimber about trying to hurt me please.” It was not fun, he was still confused into why he wasn’t on the good side of Kimber anymore.

Favorite things to Kimber? Nothing, Kimber was mean to him and he wasn’t even going to answer that one at all. Also he heard Kimber’s voice. He hoped that maybe he would talk to Ethan about not wanting to hurt him anymore. He was friends with both Cordy and Shiver. He didn’t want to have anyone made at him.

Ethan hadn’t paid attention to anything that was happen, though Shiver said she found someone for Kimber to date. “I mean, they would be perfect. They are always together. I don’t see why they wouldn’t date one another. Also I heard that he does that to her a lot, kiss her. Though that is what Cordy tells me.” Then again he never knows what to believe from Cordy. “I have never kissed a girl, so we are there together Shiver. Or a boy I should add in there.” Since they were talking about Kimber and Cordy. They would be cute together. As long as Kimber didn’t hurt his friend he would be okay with anything.

Reaction Post

Pretend this is a rp.

Numbers Guessed: 10, 15, 25 & 49

YOU GET A PRIZE, AND YOU GET A PRIZE, AND YOU GET A PRIZE!!!

Desmond: small prize (OMG why do you all keep guessing winning numbers)

Prizes to be sent once the shop is back up and running.

21 more winning numbers.