New students: when you go to fill out the Sorting Form, we recommend you switch to another theme. Right now the form is not very easy to read on Castle theme. You can find the theme switcher at the bottom left corner of every page.

• Announcements

• Weasley

How to get sorted   05/13/2017

To find the Sorting Form, click on the "Sort Me!" tab at the top of the page.    Before you go to fill out the form, make sure that you have a username that follows our rules. If you don't, your form will be rejected. You can change your name once yourself, by going to Account Settings -> Display Name. If you've already used your one change, you can request a name change in this topic. Be sure to read the first post in the topic carefully so we can get you updated without any back and forth.   Don't rush to answer the form! There's no prize for sending it in first. Please take your time and fill out the form thoughtfully, so the hat will have the information it needs to put your character in the right house.     Calendar: Sorting Form appears: Saturday, May 13th Sorting Form closes: Friday, June 9th (No forms will be accepted after this date) The Sorting Ceremony closes: Sunday, June 11th, about 10am Central Time You find out your new house: Sunday, June 11th, 11 am Central Time First day of the new school year: Monday, June 12th   (For reference: Central Time Zone includes Chicago, Illinois)   How to get sorted:   1. Register with a name that follows our rules. The registration agreement explains the rules about names. You can also find them in the Rules.   2. Remember you may only send in one form total for this school year. If you send forms in from multiple accounts, we will not sort ANY of them. Then we have to feel bad about not sorting you. Don't make us feel bad, please.   3. Click on the Sort Me tab and fill out the sorting form as thoroughly as possible. The better we understand your character, the more likely we can put you in the right house. See "How to use the form" below if you're confused. For some in depth information on each house, please check out this topic on sorting. (Note: After you fill out the form, a copy will be PMed to you. Please save that because we delete them from our system after sorting.)   4. Wait for a PM from the Sorting Hat. Be patient, it could take a few days. If you don't receive a PM from the Sorting Hat within 4 or 5 days, contact one of the moderators.   5. If your form is: Accepted: Congratulations! You should now go post in the Sorting Ceremony topic in the New Member resources forum. This is very important. This post is where you'll go to find out what the Sorting Hat had to say about you. Don't skip this step! Rejected: Don't worry, you can still be sorted. Be sure to read the reasons for the rejection carefully, then edit your form (just click on the Get Sorted! link again) to fix the problem. Once you've done that, you can send the form in again. 6. That's it! Once you've gotten your acceptance letter AND posted in the Sorting Ceremony, you're all set. You'll find out where the Sorting Hat put you on Sorting day when you can check the Great Hall for the edited Sorting Ceremony.   How to use the form: The form is pretty straightforward and user friendly. Here are a couple tips: You don't need to fill the whole thing in at one sitting. You can finish one page at a time and save it. Then finish the rest later. Don't use your browser's Back or Forward buttons. Use the buttons in the form to Navigate.  If you don't fill out all the questions on a page, you can't save or move on. If you don't meet the word number requirements in the In Depth section, you can't submit the form. Use the "Check Word Count" buttons to see how many words you've used. If you fill in the wrong answers on the quiz page, you won't be able to submit the form. After you've submitted the form, you can't access it anymore. But if your form is rejected, you'll be able to see it again with your old answers still filled in. Still have questions? Ask here.    Note: Section I: Short Answer Please include a brief explanation with each answer. I'd like to remind you all to include an explanation with all the short answer questions. The answers to those questions aren't very useful for sorting unless you explain them.   Otherwise, we don't have enough information to sort you with. (Translation: we'll have to reject it.)     Many thanks as always to Arianna Wright for her hard work revising and updating the form and to Faraz Memon for initially coding it many years ago. <3
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ethan Smith

Every Time There is a Noise, I jump

7 posts in this topic

*a few days after the attacks*

When you just want to be left alone, you start to just ignore everyone. He had people walking up to him asking him how he was doing, he told them that he was alright. It was a lie, but he was not going to talk about the attacks with anyone at all. He barley even spoke to Alayna at the moment. Knowing that he was going to have to talk to her soon. He didn’t know how she was feeling.

He walked into the unused classroom, he found this place a lot better than the common room. There were not that many people in there at all. He made sure that there was no one inside at all, he found a place to sit and opened up his books and started to read more information about what happened.

No one wanted to tell him who those masked men were at all, he wished that someone would tell him who they were. At least he was able to walk again and able to get from place to place on his own. Ethan had a few books from the library, hoping that something would give him the information that he wanted.

He knew that they were evil people, who just attacked kids for no reason. As he was looking though the book, he heard someone walked in. “I am armed, so don’t try to do any funny business.”

Edited by Ethan Smith

The attack had needed, and while several days had passed Dafydd still had no word about Ethan's safety, or whereabouts. Frantically searching the castle day in and day out the Hufflepuff began to assuming the worse as he had lost his best friend forever.

"Ethan!?" The boy shouted looking behind every suit of armor, opening every single door to each utility closet, classrooms, even getting to the point as to dropping on his hands and knees to check the through rough that lined the hallway. He didn't want to assume the worse, but with no solid evidence of his friend being alive, his pace began to slow as tears streamed down his face.

"He's gone." That was Dafydd's definitive answer. Walking the hallways the badger didn't know how to handle this information. His will had been broken. Dafydd was now forced to attend this school by himself, and never feel the same way again.

Passing an open door stopping dead in his tracks, his eyes widened, a smile beamed on his face as he saw the curly cues of his best friend. "Ethan." He whispered to himself as he walked into the room. His smiled dissapered as Ethan gave his warning, and an angry scowl ended up on his face. "I'm armed too." Dafydd swiftly walked to Ethan connecting his fist to the others face.

"Does our friendship mean nothing to you?" Dafydd screamed. "Days Ethan! I've been looking for you, for days!"

Was it a bad thing that Ethan was hiding from almost anyone. Even his best friends, he didn’t want to talk about or be around anyone. He would sneak into his bed late at night after everyone went to sleep and get up early to go somewhere else. He wanted to be alone and he had the right. Sure he should have talked to people about it, but he didn’t care at all.

He was just sitting in the unused classroom; it was the one place he was feeling like he belonged at the moment. Alone and to learn about who those masked men were and why they wanted to harm people. He always knew about bad people, he dealt with bullies in the past, but never a grown person wanting to attack someone for no reason. He was being told he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But he was just wanted to explore more of the castle.

He heard his name, and the voice was Dafydd, someone had finally found him. And it was not just someone, it was his best friend and roommate. He knew he shouldn’t be hiding from him, but he was. It was not the fact that he didn’t care at all, he just didn’t know what to do. Before he was able to do anything he was punched in the face. “Really? You are going to punch me; after what I went though.” He knew that Dafydd didn’t know what he had went though, since he had not talk about it.

“Our friendship means a lot to me, I just want to be alone, I should have that right.” Though he shouldn’t be left alone, due to the fact he didn’t know if there were more masked men walking around the castle. He was still holding his wand tightly in his hand, he was ready for anything.

"What you've been through?" Dafydd screamed back. "What you've been through... Ethan, do you know what I've been through?" His voice cracked as he was sure his screaming were to draw a crowed.

"Ethan I thought you were dead!" Clenching his first once more. "No one could tell me if they had seen you, or if you were alive!" Tears continued to stream down the badger's face as what Ethan had said to him felt like lies.

"If our friendships means everything to you, don't you think you should at least let me know if your ok? Let alone alive?" Grabbing the other shirt and bringing Ethan in closer Dafydd released another attack on to his friend.

Pushing Ethan away, Dafydd began walking to the door before stopping. "Do me a favor." Dafydd whispered looking over his should "Stay out of my life."

210- 200 (Punching Ethan)=10

Edit: rp

Edited by Dafydd Price

“I wanted to be alone, I wanted to collect my thoughts. I thought I was going to die. I didn’t know what was happening, who that man was in the mask.” He knew that people would be worried about him, he just didn’t think about it in his head. All Ethan wanted to do was know who attacked him. Since no one wanted to tell him who they were at all.

He saw that his friend was crying, “I am sorry, I am alive and well. But that is just my physical state. My mental state is not all there. Have you ever been attacked, did you have a friend set you on fire, just to see her get knocked out. I have not been myself. I have not even been to the chamber in a long time.” He would always go down to the chamber a few times a week, but since he was attacked and able to walk again.

“I been hiding from everyone, I don’t feel safe anymore.” He said as he ducked from the punch that was heading his way again. He held his wand out, after being pushed away from his friend. “Relashio” He doesn’t ever send spells outside the chamber, but he was mad. This was not who he was, but then again, who was Ethan anymore. He was not the same boy from a week again, “our friendship means everything to me, just at this moment in time. I trying to get my mind back to the way it was.”

As Dafydd said to stay out of his life. “If that is what you want, then I will. I won’t brother you ever again, I won’t talk to you. You are out of my life for good.” He said, sitting back down, holding his wand tight, rocking back and forth. Just trying to feel normal again.

This was not Dafydd. This was anger that had taken over him, how could he just end a friendship like this? Yes he wanted to make sure his friend was ok, and yes, over reacting was something that the badger had just done. But as simply as Dafydd could have walked up to Ethan and give him a hug in support, Ethan could have done the same with sending him a note, or something that showed Dafydd that Ethan was well.

Felling the effect of Ethan's spell immediately Dafydd turned as spots in his vision became apparent. "You want to settle this with magic? Fine by me!" Not the smartest move made by the second year as he was not the best dueler, or the best with magic itself. Closing the door as the two now had more privacy Dafydd gripped his wand.

Hearing Ethan explain what had happened to him was even more upsetting than how he felt the past couple of days. Pointing his wand to his friend Dafydd spoke the incantation of one of the spell he had been trying to learn for months. "Lucida!"

"Find me when you're ready to talk." Dafydd grumbled walking back to the classroom door making his exit.

He never seen his friend this mad at him before, sure it was Ethan fault that he didn’t tell his friend what was going on. But how was he going to do that. He didn’t want to relive the events that happened. He wanted to be able to just go back to normal, just he was not able to get there again. He was happy being on his own, he liked being on his own. He didn’t need anyone else. Sure he shouldn’t be left alone at all, but that is what was happening at this moment in time.

“I don’t want to settle anything with magic, but you punched me once and tried to punch me again.” He looked at his friend, as he stood up again, “ I was attacked, my legs were broken, my friend attacked me. And now you are attacking me.” He didn’t like this one bit, maybe he would be able to find someone else that would understand him. As his best friend was not trying to understand him at all, what he went though.

He dodged the spell that Dafydd sent his way, and then looked back at his friend. “I can find someone else to talk to, someone that will understand what I am going though. Since my best friend doesn’t seem to care.” He said walking out of the unused classroom, with his books and spell in his hand. He needed to fine London, he didn’t know why, but he was sure London would understand better then Dafydd would.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0