#1 Ryan Buratsche

Ryan Buratsche

Gryffindor

• Gryffindor 2nd Year
  • 205 posts
  • Quidditch Points:210
  • Wizard Points:56

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

Ryan had run as far as he could through Hogwarts' winding corridors. What was an ordinary Hogsmeade weekend had been disrupted by who he suspected was a Death Eater in disguise. That was why he had run as far as he could from Professor Custard. His talk of safe zones was probably just a clever ruse to make it seem as though the castle was under attack. Well, Ryan had read up on the wizarding world, and he knew his history. He wasnt born yesterday, and he wasnt going to wait around to find out if he was right or not.

"THERE'S A DEATH EATER! A DEATH EATER IN THE CASTLE DISGUISED AS A PROFESSOR!" Hopefully if there was anyone around, they would listen to his warning.

Edited by Ryan Buratsche, 16 February 2017 - 02:40 AM.

#2 Rayya Borage-Brown

Rayya Borage-Brown

Gryffindor

• Plot
  • 311 posts
  • Quidditch Points:399
  • Wizard Points:259

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:28 AM

Been invited in

There were more screams coming from up ahead and from a distance Rayya couldn't make much from it other than it sounded as if the owner was completely terrified. It was only when she got closer that she understood it wasn't syllable-less noise but proper words...words that made sense...words that would incite panic in the student population and there was already plenty enough of that.

But as she stalked closer to the source of the noise, all of the boy's words sunk in. Was it credible that a professor in the school was a death eater? Not likely but could she overlook the fact that this was what was being screamed for all and sundry to hear? Well no, not if she valued keeping her job. With a world-weary sigh and a darker glower on her face, Rayya moved forward, her badge jammed up to the kids nose. This was just about the last straw! Her week had been one from Hell and now she'd be forced to head an investigation into some poor sod who's only crime had been to give this brat an order he didn't like! If he so much as inferred it was her husband or Llwyd then she'd be out of a job because the kid wouldn't be getting any older.

"If you don't stop that infernal noise at once, I'll haul you to the Ministry on the grounds of inciting a panic!" Rayy growled sternly. "I don't suppose you have evidence that your words aren't slanderous?"

She held up her wand and arched one eyebrow. "I'll use it if you continue speaking above a normal conversational level and you won't be liking the results." Eyeing the monster carefully, she added, "Now spill! Who do you think is a death eater and why? You'd better make it good because if I grade you as Troll, you'll be banged up in a cell. Get a Dreadful and you'll be in front of the head of magical law enforcement to explain. Get a Poor and I'll haul you to see your Headmistress and Head of House where you can explain the error of your ways...

"DO...I...MAKE...MYSELF...CLEAR?"

Of course, those results would be the same even if he had proof though his reception might be quite different and there wouldn't be time in a cell...but he didn't need to know that. Lowering her voice and giving the boy a sweet smile she added, "This would be the part where you babble something about being very much mistaken...unless you have evidence."

Rayya tapped her foot and held her arms crossed with her wand in a prominent position. "Well? I'm waiting!"

#3 Phillip Aldermaston

Phillip Aldermaston

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 115 posts
  • Quidditch Points:200
  • Wizard Points:53

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:57 AM

Phillip just heard screaming and ran up to investigate and then he saw an older Gryffindor.  Hmm…Phillip had just come to investigate the screaming so….”What’s going on?” and that was addressed to the older Gryffindor in question (i.e. Ryan) and Phillip took no notice of the adult whatsoever.

#4 Rayya Borage-Brown

Rayya Borage-Brown

Gryffindor

• Plot
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:36 AM

Rayya turned her best super-glare on the newcomer, "That is none of your concern. Now go to the Great Hall and stay there. I see you out in the corridors again today, I'll drag you there like a sack of potatoes and stick you to the wall so you can't be a nuisance."

The words "or worse, leave you to fend for yourself," were muttered as she death-glared both kids.

=================
Scram kid! Or else...
=================

Death glare @ Phillip and Ryan

Phillip because he's going to find out that Rayy has had more than enough and doesn't get paid nearly enough by the Ministry to deal with bratty kids who don't have an ounce of self-preservation.

Ryan because this is all his fault and he's on thin ice. If his words cause a mass panic he'll find himself on charges of some sort - Richard ain't the only grumpy auror stalking the corridors of Hogwarts.

#5 Phillip Aldermaston

Phillip Aldermaston

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:12 AM

Phillip returned the glare as best as he could – come on now, he had one older brother, two big sisters and two little siblings and then there were parents – a super-glare was hardly a novelty to him though his personality meant that he probably didn’t succeed very well.

After a few second’s thought, Phillip glanced at Ryan and just for a second something reminded him of Jo or Anna so he attempted to stand in between the strange adult and the random schoolmate before Phillip shrugged slightly.

No, he wasn’t going to be gotten rid of that easily.   “Screaming makes it everyone’s business.”   And that was said in Phillip’s best parental-I-am-warning-you tone because it was…well, there was a memory there – the one where someone would forget to use their inside voice and then a parent would ask intimate details about whatever-the-screaming-was-about and then the child would object resulting in the comment about screaming.

((Yep.  Sorry about this idiot, he has no sense of self-preservation.   Other-preservation, yep.   Self-preservation…umm…no, not really.))

#6 Rayya Borage-Brown

Rayya Borage-Brown

Gryffindor

• Plot
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:12 AM

"Which is exactly why I told you to be quiet. See what happens when you go around screaming? You draw unwanted attention to yourself..." Rayya smiled dangerously and added, "and for the record, that unwanted attention would be mine..."

Of course the unwanted attention might not have been her...but they weren't to know that...

Le Sigh

So kid number two had no clue on when to leave? It figured! Kids these days were getting far too much off for her liking.  Thank Merlin her children had more common sense, even if they did take after their father! You wouldn't be catching her son mouthing off to an Auror like this kid! No wonder Richard was always grumpy every time they had to come here! 

"Nice try kid. I admire your nerve, I really do. I'm an Auror and you are both hindering my investigation and that can get you arrested.  Are you really wanting to go before the Wizangamot for being a dumb kid who doesn't know when to leave?"

Her whole tone and body language said she'd be willing to do that if the second kid didn't leave and if the first kid didn't just admit he was a fool who knew nothing and had just been ticked off because a professor had told him to do something he didn't want to do. Neither of those things were a crime - Rayy knew you couldn't put an old head on young shoulders, but really some common sense ought to be in play right about now that said you don't mess with an Auror on duty.

Or maybe these kids never got the memo?

#7 Phillip Aldermaston

Phillip Aldermaston

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:50 AM

Phillip considered the woman’s question for a moment….he was going to be even more cheeky at that provocation – though really, this was more borne out of the strange adult  trying to get the  schoolmate  alone and general chaos than anything else.   In other words, Phillip was acting far braver than he actually felt – but it was just that; an act.

The wizamagnot threat… really?  And that other boy…was only a year older (probably – after all, he wasn’t at Hogsmeade)  so he was what…13 at the very most and then Phillip was an ickle and had an August birthday so that put him as one of the youngest in his  year.

So…Phillip settled for a blunt “Yes.   Their faces might be amusing.”     What?  The mental image was funny  - a teenager and an eleven-year-old….Phillip didn’t actually believe she was an Auror – because come on,  there is no way that an eleven-year-old and a young teenager would really pose any credible threat to an investigation - not just by talking, anyway.

“A maybe-thirteen year old and a summer-born first-year obstructed my investigation by talking.”   And since the parental-tone hadn’t worked his desired effect, Phillip had gone to the opposite extreme here and started mimicking his little siblings when they were whining for sweets or they were thirsty and wanted a drink right now.

The comment about being a summer-born child had just been there to emphasise that not only was it supposedly a first-year obstructing the investigation and one of the very youngest first years – not even an older first year.

Really, even if he assumed that she was an auror…she couldn’t be a particularly competent one if merely talking from children not even old enough to be allowed to visit Hogsmeade was enough to obstruct her investigation.

((I’m so sorry about him.))

Edited by Phillip Aldermaston, 16 February 2017 - 11:50 AM.

#8 Ryan Buratsche

Ryan Buratsche

Gryffindor

• Gryffindor 2nd Year
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:11 PM

In the distance, Ryan could hear "Professor Custard" yelling, which made him run even faster. It wasn't until he couldn't hear it anymore that he stopped. He tried to open a classroom door to hide, but it was locked, and in his haste he totally forgot what they had been learning in charms that semester. Instead, he slumped down next to it and curled up, hoping that he would at least be able to wait it out. 

That was until someone who Ryan knew definitely wasn't a professor suddenly appeared. "Who are you?!" Ryan squeaked. "Professor Custard was shouting at me and a group of students about safe zones and trying to make me and a bunch of other students go somewhere. I know Death Eaters have done that before." Did he have any solid proof? Absolutely not. But at that moment, he could hear screams in the distance and he was suddenly feeling a little more confident that he had made the right decision.

"I'm sure they would both approve of the fact that I did not stick around to make sure that a Death Eater would attack me," Ryan replied when the adult mentioned having to speak to his Head of House or the Headmistress. Plus had anyone seen the Headmistress lately?

A Hufflepuff ran up to the two of them and asked what was going on. "I'm pretty sure there's a secret Death Eater in the castle who is attacking people."

As the Hufflepuff and the adult began to argue back and forth, Ryan began to hear crashes and screaming. "Do you have any proof you're an auror?" he asked. "And I need a straight answer now because I don't want to go to the Great Hall only to be strung up in some shackles by a crafty Death Eater."

Edited by Ryan Buratsche, 16 February 2017 - 01:12 PM.

#9 Phillip Aldermaston

Phillip Aldermaston

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:37 PM

Phillip fell silent for a few moments and simply observed as the Gryffindor started talking – he didn’t really have anything to say on that matter or at least nothing nice.    However….when the Gryffindor got to the secret death eater thing, Phillip attempted to step even closer to the other child and Phillip frowned for a moment.

Phillip snorted when the Gryffindor asked if this woman had any proof of auror-status.  Of course she didn’t – oh, she might have some proof of de-jure auror status but she wasn’t  a very good one, was she?  After all, mere talking was enough to …what was it…obstruct her investigation?

And Phillip addressed the Gryffindor again    “No.  She doesn’t. “    What?  If she couldn’t manage an eleven-year-old and a thirteen-year-old….then…no, she wasn’t an auror and Phillip didn’t care what the law’s opinion was.     

Here, Phillip pointed at himself.  “First-year.  Summerborn.”  Another wave at his own chest before Phillip looked over at the other boy.     “Do you really think we're enough to obstruct an actual auror's investigation?”   Because Phillip thought the answer was obviously ‘no’ and he was making no secret of that fact.

Edited by Phillip Aldermaston, 16 February 2017 - 01:38 PM.

#10 Rayya Borage-Brown

Rayya Borage-Brown

Gryffindor

• Plot
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:32 PM

'Count to a million, Rayy...if Seb can put up with this and not kill them, so can you...' she thought desperately to herself. What breed of children were these? It all fell back to the lax standard of parenting employed by some adults...that had to be the answer!

And they were clearly scared out of their tiny brains.

That required her to give them some leeway, right?

She grimaced and shoved her very shiny badge in their faces. "Auror, Rayya Borage-Brown and I'm not some disguised death eater come to lure you away to your doom! If I were one, I'd just put you out of my misery here and now. Why wait to get you away?"

Scowling fit to kill, Rayy scanned the area. This was bound to get ugly and no one could say she hadn't played nice and given them plenty of chances to get their butts gone. The mantra from before still going strong in her mind but really, it was a wonder there were any students left alive because surely the poor sods called professors would want to thin the herd a bit too.

Still being fairly nice even though the temptation to wring their damned necks was so strong, Rayy tried one last time to get them to move. "By wasting my time here when there are people being attacked in this school as we speak, you are most certainly hampering my investigation. Your incredibly patient professors aren't making the need for safe zones up. I've personally helped ward one of them. NOW GET YOUR SORRY CARCASSES TO ONE!"

She paused and pointed in the direction of the nearest. "Keep playing silly buggers and my only other option is to hex you."

'Please, please, please, let me hex you,'

Rayya' fingers moved slightly on her wand, itching to be able to carry out her threat. Surely she'd be awarded alumni points for such an act! Or a standing ovation in the staff room.

#11 Phillip Aldermaston

Phillip Aldermaston

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:00 PM

Phillip stepped back-and-to-the-side in an obvious exaggerated fashion – while he had no intention of actually leaving the schoolmate alone with the strange adult, Phillip was going to step aside so that the ‘auror’ had plenty of room to pass and he was making rather a show of that fact.

Phillip wasn’t exactly of the opinion that  Rayya was an Death Eater but then again, neither did he believe that she was an auror – he just thought she was some random participating in some bizarre ‘scare-the-first-years’ thing – or at least he’d like to pretend he thought that and he’d largely succeeded in convincing himself.

Phillip rolled his eyes when she flashed a badge at them – yeah, right.   Clearly she wasn’t an actual auror if two children – only one of whom might be even a teenager and clearly, she wouldn’t actually be chatting to them like this if the school was really being attacked.   Again, that’s what Phillip would dearly like to believe.

As for the personally helping ward one of them, Phillip rolled his eyes.    She wasn’t going to hex them – not when she needed the wizmeganot to deal with two kids and she was just…what…threating to hex them.  

Then again…attacks and hex as they speak?  That didn’t sound good.  Seriously, this adult should just make up her goddamn mind.   Did she need the wizmengaot to deal with two children?  Or did she personally ward safe areas and that was supposed to be impressive?  Or was she not an attacker?  Or was she going to hex them as they spoke?  Somehow, those claims weren’t really compatible.   That had to be a forged badge, a fake in other words.

“Hang on, let me get this straight.  You’re an auror who needs the wizemganot to deal with two not-even-third-years hampering and obstructing your investigation but you’ve also personally warded safe spaces so that we should feel safer.    You’re an auror who is going to hex us while also not attacking us.”  Phillip snorted once again.   “Oh and you’re an Auror who thinks scolding children for talking is more important than….what was it….people being attacked while we speak.”    Yeah, right.  That was so not believable.       It wasn’t his fault if she couldn’t even keep her claims straight.

Phillip shrugged at the comment about just picking them off now.  He didn’t actually have an answer that he wanted to disclose for that one…still, Phillip was hardly going to let Raya know that.   It was hardly his fault if she contradicted herself though…instead, he settled for “I can think of one reason.”

During most of those words, Phillip kept glancing at the older boy as if to say ‘back me up’ though he wasn’t sure whether the older boy would or not.    And when the badge was out and shoved in his face, Phillip squinted at it, examining it in minute detail…because the ickle! Badger was trying to work out whether it was a forgery or not.

#12 Rayya Borage-Brown

Rayya Borage-Brown

Gryffindor

• Plot
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

How badly she wanted to take the space offered by the youngest and march herself away! It was so very tempting! It would be so easy too! The empty corridor beckoned to her and was every bit as desirable as siren song was said to be for sailors of old! Rayya looked longingly over at it and found herself moving forward a couple of paces.

But that was all it took for reality to strike and she knew, with every fibre of her being, that if she left these kids now, she'd only be coming back to find their bodies mangled...or worse...and Turkey had certainly shown her that evil people had no qualms making children into inferi.

Truly she didn't need these boys to weigh on her conscious forever!

Unhappily, and seriously annoyed, she turned smoothly on her heel and forced herself to march right back again. It might have been what office bigwigs deemed unprofessional but she'd ferried kids all over this castle, fixing what she could, referring to others what she couldn't. She'd marched a dear friend right into the thick of it and was suffering the guilt that was the result of him confronting a death eater and coming off worse for wear. She'd forced herself to ignore her desire to search for her son, her granddaughter, her best friends' son, and her husband. She had been cool, calm and bloody well collected in extremely trying conditions!

And for what?

One idiot kid sprouting off stuff because he was annoyed by a professor dishing out orders he didn't like?
One even dumber kid mouthing off to someone he ought to respect?

And someone would growl at her for this?

Like hell they would!

In a completely foul mood, Rayya invaded the idiot child's personal space, drawing herself to her fullest height so she could terrorise the little monster. In a cold voice she hardly even recognised as coming from her mouth, she growled at him, "You were warned repeatedly and I've had all I'm going to take from you!"

At the same time a jet of red erupted from her wand, aimed directly at pesky child number two. It happened so quickly she couldn't even be sure if she'd thought of the incantation or not.

She then turned her glare to idiot kid number one and growled, "For Merlin's sake boy! Professor Custard isn't a Death Eater! He's putting his own life on the damned line to get stupid kids to safety before they get themselves killed! Why he bothers I don't know."

It certainly didn't seem to be worth it and she wasn't finding anything pleasant about teaching these particular kids a lesson. It was truly a wonder the school had any students left! Rayy shot another glare at both the boys and growled some more.

"Last chance kid. Use the brains you were born with and come with me or I'll vanish you to the Ancient Runes safe zone with a message for Professors Borage and Llwyd instructing them to teach you the error of your ways: that it is less than a brilliant idea to get between an auror and their job and an even worse one to declare your teacher is a death eater merely because you don't happen to agree with him. In other circumstances, I'd applaud you for being cautious but not today when there are several death eaters hurting people in the castle."

Hopefully the kid would make a connection between names and do as he was bloody well told! If not, he'd find himself stunned and dumped.

=================
OMG Phillip! You're killing me! Don't come complaining, you had plenty of warnings.
=================

Stunning Charm @ Phillip

Good luck blocking that spell. Most likely you are now unconscious and a much easier pain in the proverbial to deal with...I really ought to have let a nasty, neighbourhood death eater educate you some...but knowing the red tape I'd have to wade through and all those forms that I'd need to fill in, in triplicate, made me restrain myself.

#13 Ryan Buratsche

Ryan Buratsche

Gryffindor

• Gryffindor 2nd Year
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

The Hufflepuff claimed that the adult had no proof that she was really an auror, and went even further to claim that the two of them weren't enough to obstruct an actual investigation. But that didn't make complete sense either, because even in his stressed-out state, he could comprehend the fact that an auror would need to spend time and energy speaking to the two of them, let alone making sure that they were led somewhere safe. "Maybe we could, I mean making someone use time and energy to do something would be enough to obstruct an investigation."

Rayya's badge shone brightly in his face, and Ryan had to admit that she had a point too. If she was a Death Eater, it probably would be quicker to just hex them and leave them for the Hospital Wing to deal with later than to put up with questions from either of them. A real Death Eater probably wouldn't have that kind of patience, even if they were looking to torture some Hogwarts students at the end of it. 

If the safe zones were real, then how had he managed not to find them, and how...where was everyone? His brain immediately went to Cooper, then Alayna--Cooper was one of his only friends, and Alayna was not the type of person he thought could survive such an attack. He hoped they were both somewhere where they were okay. 

He squeaked involuntarily when Rayya roared instructions at them, and it was enough to get him back to his feet. He listened as the Hufflepuff talked, but the more he talked, the less sense he made, and the more worried he was that people he knew were being attacked. "We are hampering an investigation right now because of the time that's being spent here," he corrected him. "That's separate from magical ability. She's not scolding us, she's trying to get us to listen because there literally could be a Death Eater around the corner, and holy crap there could literally be a Death Eater around the corner."

His evidence that Professor Custard was a Death Eater was wearing even thinner by the second. "I didn't know, I didn't know anything was happening. The corridor was quiet and it's a Hogsmeade weekend and I don't know!" Tears began to well up in his eyes in the first time in a long time. "I just got a mom and a dad and brothers and a sister for the first time in my entire life and I don't want to--" And more tears came as he thought of Mama Kristen, and his little sister Bayleigh who had insisted on giving him the model unicorn that sat on his night table in the second year boys' dorm in Gryffindor Tower. 

The Stunning Charm that got blasted in Phillip's direction made him yelp and duck, even though he wasn't the one being hexed. "I just didn't know, ma'am," he wiped his face with the sleeve of his robes. He might have thought that she was a Death Eater because of the spell headed towards Phillip, but at the same time, even he had to admit that a real auror would probably just give up and send him to the Hospital Wing too.

"I will go with you," he said after a beat. "Please check Professor Custard's group too, if possible. There was a giant girl, a third year--both Gryffindors, and an older Ravenclaw boy. Custard hexed them to make them slow down, and I'm worried something happened right as I left. They should be back that way, if you take two rights, go straight, and then take a left."

#14 Phillip Aldermaston

Phillip Aldermaston

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:41 AM

Phillip listened as the boy said that maybe they could.   Hmm…well, maybe.  Phillip didn’t think it was  all that likely but then again, when you eliminated the impossible whatever remained had to be possible, no matter how improbable any given course of events was…because…well, that was how subtracting the impossible worked.

Phillip had intended moving when the other boy mentioned it being separate from magical ability which caused the Hufflepuff to scoff.  “Well, yeah.   The police don’t need the” and here, Phillip named highest courts in England and Wales (is his boundary-lane-lad status showing?)  “to deal with an eleven-year-old and a thirteen-year-old” and  here, there was another scoff from the  Hufflepuff before he did the irritating whining mimic from earlier again “hampering their investigation.”   One more scoff from the Hufflepuff.   “So yes, obviously, it is separate from magical ability.”  

And that was when the spell was launched from Rayna’s wand...Phillip knew he couldn’t block it but he went for a dodge and then he laid particularly still (because if she thought she’d already hit, she wouldn’t hit again, right?) and held his breath (as part of laying particularly still) and the rest…well, that would just have to be trusted to …comparative anatomy.

The comparative anatomy in question being that everything was flipped inside the second Aldermaston son thus leaving Phillip with a silent sinister side.

#15 Rayya Borage-Brown

Rayya Borage-Brown

Gryffindor

• Plot
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:05 AM

Rayy turned her attention from the annoying-as-hell kid onto the more reasonable one and smiled gently. Finally she'd gotten through to his common sense and now...crying. A soggy kid who wasn't her own! Just great!

"It's alright. You did the right thing in being suspicious and you weren't to know there was any real danger. But now you do know and there's nothing to be gained by crying, it won't do any good. I'll go check on your friends once I've gotten you both..."

Rayya' eyes narrowed as she spotted something unexpected. It wasn't so much as what was there but what wasn't there. Still she held it in and ignored it for the time being, moving her attention back to Reasonable Kid, continuing on without missing a beat, "to safety. It would be much better if you went someplace safe. If you don't fancy being stuck in the same room as him, now would be the time to tell me. Though Merlin knows no one deserves to be stuck in a room with him for the foreseeable future, that would be a cruel and unusual punishment. Good job he's out of it, right?"

As she spoke she held a finger to her lips, the universal sign to stay quiet and shook her head. With any luck Reasonable Kid wouldn't give the game away to Hemorrhoid Kid before she could unleash her own patented brand of wrath down on his head.

"So where do you fancy going? The Greenhouse, the Great Hall or the Ancient Runes classroom?"

#16 Ryan Buratsche

Ryan Buratsche

Gryffindor

• Gryffindor 2nd Year
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:25 AM

The Hufflepuff was making even less sense, and the more Ryan thought about it, the more he wanted to make sure that he could get somewhere that wasn't out in the open in the corridors. His mind went back to the group that Professor Custard had stopped only a few moments earlier. It was, ironically, the fact that he had suspected Professor Custard of being a Death Eater that he was now being sent to safety. Though he hoped that it wasn't ironic at all and that the group was somewhere where they were safe.

He nodded when she told him not to cry. "You're right ma'am, and I'm sorry." He was sure that Mama Kristen wouldn't want him to cry either. She would want him to be brave, think clearly, and stick close to the auror that had offered to help him. 

He couldn't help but smile a bit at her words about the young Hufflepuff and nodded again. "You're definitely right about that. Good luck with him. Please send me to the Great Hall."

And to the Hufflepuff boy he added, "There could be a Death Eater around the corner, waiting to come any second. Don't be stupid."

Edited by Ryan Buratsche, 19 February 2017 - 02:25 AM.

#17 Rayya Borage-Brown

Rayya Borage-Brown

Gryffindor

• Plot
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:29 AM

"Nothing to be sorry for, kid. Are you ready? Stand still now and you'll be in the Great Hall before you know it. Might be an idea to sit down for a bit, you might feel a little disorientated," Rayya said kindly, giving him a brief hug before pointing her wand at him and muttering the incantation even though she didn't have to, "Depulso!"

Having successfully banished Reasonable Kid she was left with Hemorrhoid Kid, who was doing a really poor job of being stunned. She rolled her eyes, counted to ten but failed to rein in her annoyance. In fact her annoyance had morphed to anger and Hemorrhoid Kid was about to learn why even her husband feared her wrath and did whatever he could to stave it off*.

Eschewing the use of her wand for the moment, Rayya bent over, grabbed the boy's clothes and hauled him to his feet, keeping her hand in place lest he hightail it away. If the boy had thought she'd been angry before, he was going to find that he had been wrong. Before she had kept it nice but now there was nothing stopping her from letting rip.

Her glare turned glacial and her voice dropped to a deadly calm. All her family knew those warning signs and all would have done anything to forestall or escape - something Hemorrhoid Kid didn't have the luxury of. "You seriously thought that would work?" Rayya asked dangerously. "I wasn't born yesterday, kid. I know all too well when someone fakes being stunned." A sharp series of shakes punctuated her words though she left out just how she knew he'd been faking, no need to give this monster an education he'd actually use now, was there?

"You want to play it this way? Fine, I'll take your lead and run with it."

Rayya held up her wand and shackles spewed forth, wrapping around Hemorrhoid Kid's waist before snaking to wrap around his ankles and wrists, pulling his upper limbs to his torso and making it impossible for him to walk. Another spell saw his wand fly to her hand and Rayy tucked it away in her empty holster where he wouldn't be able to retrieve it.

Still glaring, she held her badge up and pressed it on his chest, moving her wand to rest lightly on it. With a great deal of solemnity and in a cold, harsh voice she spoke slowly and carefully, "I am charging you with the disruption of the peace, failing to follow orders given during a time of emergency, impeding an Auror in the fulfillment of their duties and hindering an on-going investigation into the disappearance of Alaric Montague. You have the right to remain silent but anything you do say may be used against you. Your parents or legal guardian will be notified of these charges in due time. You will be handed over to the care of one of your professors, or your Head of a House. Your freedom will be restricted until such a time as you get a hearing. You can plead your case then. You have no mitigating factors other than sheer stupidity."

Her badge recorded his identity without her having to know it and sent a note of the charges straight to the Ministry where they'd be filed and dealt with. Upon finishing, Rayy removed her badge and prepared to remove Hemorrhoid Kid to a place she knew he'd be unable to cause more trouble.

=================
Richard Fowler isn't the only grumpy Auror. Permission has been giving for GMing by both Ryan and Phillip
=================

Banishing Charm (Depulso) @ Ryan

You are now in Safe Zone: Great Hall

Binding Spell (Incarcerous) @ Phillip
You had to push it, didn't you.

Disarming Spell (Expelliarmus) @ Phillip
Your wand is now mine. I might be nice and give it back...then again maybe not

*he might joke about it, but Sebastian has never been subjected to his wife's anger. He's a smart man and knows better than to push his luck. The couch with his name on has also never actually been used either, despite all the tales he'd have you believe

#18 Phillip Aldermaston

Phillip Aldermaston

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:33 PM

The fact of the matter was that Phillip was scared too  - it was just that he had been even more scared of leaving the other kid alone with an adult who claimed to be an auror but couldn’t even handle two physically co-operative (it wasn’t like he’d stood in the way) children being cheeky and mouthy.    And really, if she couldn’t stand up to two mouthy kids, there was no way she could expect him to believe that she could protect them against death eaters.

And that was part of the reason that he’d opted to play unconscious when theat stunning spell was thrown…and then he was hauled to his feet and shaken and that…was enough but Phillip decided not to voice that thought or answer those questions about whether he thought it would work.   Because yes, he had thought that would work against someone who could do nothing about two kids but he didn’t think it would be wise to say that out loud.

And then…finally, an adult who was at least halfway competent (Phillip might have an overinflated sense of his own obstruction powers) and Phillip couldn’t resist sneaking several curious glances at her – was that really the same adult who needed the wizmenagot to deal with two kids who did nothing more than mouth off to her.

Apparently, it was.   And that was…enough…for Phillip…since the vast majority of his verbally un-co-operative nonsense had been a sort of scared disbelief of the woman’s competence.   Thus when she proved that she could actually do something about kids at least, Phillip’s attitude immediately evaporated leaving a half-frightened half-relieved boy in its place.

All of that courage had been artificial bravado …and an older Phillip might have found it via emptying bottles, amongst other things…but Phillip was only eleven and he was a fairly young eleven-year-old because of his August birthday – thus putting Phillip as one of the school’s very youngest  thus

A boy who was more dramatic or had more real bravery might have exploded into tears or reached for his wand at this point, Phillip did neither of those things exactly.   The Hufflepuff made no move to even approximate taking his wand but…the crying was a different story.   

The crying  was actually happening, it was just  that even though there were tears, ‘bursting into tears’ really wasn’t an accurate description  because there was no ‘burst’ – there was just a frightened  contrite boy’s shoulders shaking and then tear tracks making their way down his cheeks and there was no noise louder than sniffling.

Phillip judged that he could do nothing to resist the shackling even if he had wanted to but the reality was that he felt more secure knowing that she could at least bind an eleven-year-old .   

So Phillip made no attempt whatsoever to get out of the shackles and he didn’t even offer a token resistance for the binding.   Really, he was offering so little resistance  …that if anything… he was closer to moving to help Raynna bind him than actually offering even a token form of protest.

Phillip had been used to adults binding him sometimes before this… it was just that it was generally with different materials….Phillip was that kid who woke up and startled himself via his own movement thus leading to toddler! Phillip being told such things as monsters claws not allowing them to unwrap children-parcels and other such things.  Wrapping tightly in a blanket still counted as a soft binding, right? 

Though Phillip would never admit this to anyone other than himself and even then, only in his own thoughts, he’d been quite late to grow out of the need to be told such things hence why he remembered it.

The auror’s speech about remaining silent and such…well, Phillip was used to solemn voices before then and thus he bowed his head in acknowledgement of the auror’s words.  All he was really doing was applying what he mentally considered to be 'church rules' to her speech.

#19 Rayya Borage-Brown

Rayya Borage-Brown

Gryffindor

• Plot
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:51 AM

By rights there ought to have been some feeling of relief the moment Hemorrhoid Kid became tractable but Rayy felt no such thing. He had wasted far too much of her time; time when others might have needed her more. The way the day was going, such a delay might even be the cause of some innocent dying. It was a thought she pushed out of her head with a shake and a sigh. She knew all too well what death eaters did to their victims when they were given the luxury of time, it was seared into her memory and still occasionally gave her nightmares.

A different person might well have eased up on the lad as soon as the tears started. Rayy could tell they were real, there was no sobbing or forcing them out. They simply rolled down the poor kid's face as his shoulders shook. She'd have to be the most heartless person alive if they didn't move her. The mother in her just wanted to pick him up and make it all seem like a bad dream but the auror in her was adamant that he actually learn from this experience and got a taste of the consequences of his actions. The reasons were many, both for and against, and Rayy wasted a few precious moments in scrawling a note for Stefan to read, signing it her mark. She sealed it with his, so only he'd be able to open it but reconsidered and added the Runes for Head Girl, the badge not having escaped her notice. Either of them would be able to read the note and deal with her current pain in the arse.

All the while she kept an annoyed scowl on her face, glaring at the boy from time to time. No words of comfort escaped her and she deliberately kept him waiting before she pinned the note to his chest. A quick flick of her wand saw the boy gone and another, in quick succession, saw his wand leave her possession.

She moved on with another sigh, making herself invisible once more. Rayya wasn't looking forward to seeing what damage had been done because of her delay. Absentmindedly she rubbed at her shoulder and finally remembered to numb the pain. Another quick tap to her badge added further instructions for the charges. Once done she stalked off to find her next task.

=================
This thread is now done. For Phillip it now continues HERE
=================

Banishing Charm (Depulso) @ Phillip (and his wand)

I'll be glad to see the back of you.

Numbing Charm (Obtorpesco) @ self
Dealing with the bad shoulder from a previous thread...belatedly

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: open, vhthirty-horror

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users