Edwin Gabor

If you have any poo, fling it now

6 posts in this topic

For what felt like the first time in a year, there was nothing falling from the sky. No snow swirling, no rain pelting--just still, surprisingly sunny weather. It made the fact that it was cold bearable. Edwin had even gone outside for a very brief walk. For someone so used to cold, unforgiving weather, he wasn't a fan.

So the first year had made his way back inside pretty fast--still very aware of the crisp conditions even though there wasn't any wind to peel back the first layer of skin on his face. It was a Sunday and Edwin still had work he had to do for Astronomy so he'd wandered up to the owlery. Even though it smelled a bit, you got used to it after a while... which was an appalling concept to him, but it was true. He figured he'd focus best with some noise and life going on around him but without any possibility of conversation or shenanigans to distract him.

Sadly, it wasn't enough. He'd gotten a solid amount of work done but he'd surely be up late tonight, having reached a low in the name of procrastination. Ed had used blank parchment to gather up a sizable pile of owl droppings, which he'd placed on the ledge of one of the large openings the owls flew in and out of. You know you've reached an all time low when you're willing to flick poo off a window ledge.

Ed rested the side of his face in his hand, leaning on the ledge, the poo pile just in front of him. He placed his pointer finger just behind the top of his thumb and flicked a particularly large dropping into the abyss.

Edited by Edwin Gabor

What was the point of going outside?

Honestly. He wasn't allowed to duel there and he didn't see any chocolate growing on the trees which.. was really too bad. So what was the big deal about it and why did his mum feel like insisting in every single letter that he get out there more. Ugh. Charlie knew she'd have no way of knowing but spending five minutes out there kind of balanced all the other lies he fed her.

It was a well thought out system and it worked perfectly. Kept the guilt he never had at bay or whatever. So there he was, being the good mamas boy, just minding his own business when something brushed against his shoulder on its way to the ground. Charlie looked down and then up, trying to figure out what was going on and bam. HIS EYE. "Was that.. someone tell me THAT WASN'T WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS!" His voice carried along with some things we cannot repeat here for rule breaking.

He practically jumped out of the way of the line of droppings, already reaching for his wand. Charlie was fully prepared (and eager) to end whoever had done this.

ooc: sorry took me forever I'm lame

Edited by Charlie Perkins

It wasn't like Edwin was unaware of how strange this was. For instance... why was he touching owl droppings? Normally he might be extremely grossed out by this but he'd found himself bored beyond compare. Having been to the chamber twice already that day, visited the kitchens, walked past the library (that was as close as he usually got), and drank three whole cups of coffee... well, there was just too much time left in the day and he had nothing to do.

Being bored could make a person resort to doing things like flicking poo off a ledge.

Out of nowhere the dulcet tones of a slightly familiar voice floated up to the tower from down below. The Hufflepuff furrowed his brows and, careful not to land them directly on the dropping pile, placed his hands down on the ledge and peered over it to see what the commotion was.

Ah. See, if Edwin had thought ahead, he might have realized that he would inevitably hit someone with the owl droppings and possibly not started in the first place. But. He hadn't thought ahead. And even if he'd realized, he may have gone about it anyway.

From his height in the tower, he could make out a wand pointed up, searching for its mysterious target, and the slightly familiar face of one of his classmates. Wait that was Charlie. They'd definitely dueled like two times already, at least. "OH. HA. UHM." Edwin cleared his throat and leaned a bit forward, revealing himself fully, and waved awkwardly down at the Slytherin. Unfortunately, his other hand slipped while he'd leaned out, and knocked the pile of droppings in front of him out and flying into the air. "OI--OH... well... ohhhh..." Edwin watched it all fall through the air guiltily. "SORRY, MATE..."

Edited by Edwin Gabor

"My EYE!" He called, dramatically. Who would do such a horrible thing? Charlie held his wand with one hand and covered his wounded eye with the other. How dare they! He'd probably die now.. what could one catch from owl poo? Gross. Just thinking about it made him want to wash out his eye. If he could even SEE TO DO SO after this! He was probably blinded in that eye now. 

Ugh. 

Whoever had done this had better run. Especially when he had to jump out of the way of MORE flying poo. That was it. He was fully prepared to hex them into next week. Big words for someone who was so easily beat in the chamber but still. He'd make up for his lack of skill with enthusiasm. He was very much enthused to put an end to this person. Or he had been until he heard a vaguely familiar voice calling out from above. Sorry? Did that just fix everything?

Eggo had gone and broken his heart ok. Or something equally dramatic. "I feel compelled to smush your face in the owl droppings now.." He called back, only half kidding as he still clutched his wand. "You've betrayed me!" He couldn't help laughing a little.

The whole thing was ridiculous.

This was incredibly terrible. Edwin would absolutely hate being knocked in the eyeball with owl droppings... and it was just rude to be the person who did that to someone else. But somehow, as usual with the Hufflepuff, he was able to find something amusing about it. Actually, it was quite a musing. For as terrible as it was, because ew, Ed found himself laughing. Or, well, trying not to.

No need to rub it in, right? ... Definitely no need to do that. Ha.

"I... ugh, that's so gross." Ed laughed again, leaning a bit more and squinting. "I wouldn't blame you if you did, honestly... Can... ek, I don't even want to ask it but--" he called down to Charlie, making a face and pressing his lips together, trying not to laugh any more than he already was. "Can you die of infection or something from that?"

Awkward. Ugh, maybe this was actually awful. People died of weird things all the time. Poo certainly didn't belong touching your eyeballs. Did Charlie need to go to the hospital wing? Were there shots for this sort of situation? Spells? Potions? WOULD EDWIN GO TO AZKABAN FOR MURDER ALL BECAUSE OF A LITTLE POO?! "I'm terrible!" He threw his hands up over his head. Why couldn't it have been someone awful down there? There were definitely a couple of people in his class he'd have probably loved to see get smacked in the eyeball with owl droppings. Edwin made a mental note to keep this incident in mind for when they might be walking the grounds.

Edited by Edwin Gabor

"I've been betrayed!" He huffed out. "And I'm going to lose my eye!" Charlie continued to cover it with his hand. "This is really going to hurt my chances of dueling." He was rambling, something that didn't occur often, but who could blame him?! 

There was probably POO IN HIS EYE. 

HIS EYE. 

How could Eggo do this to him? And he was laughing! LAUGHING! How dare he! Never mind that Charlie was laughing (in between his dramatic outbursts) at how bizarre and gross and just plain dumb this whole thing was. Why had the boy even thought it a good idea to go around flicking poo? 

Charlie was seriously considering blasting him whenever he got down there. Which would be when?! "Yes! I'll probably never recover... it hurts." Charlie was only half kidding about that because it wasn't like it felt good having something flicked into his eye.