Photo

Maybe you're the reason all the doors are closed, so you can open one that leads you to the perfect road

foxy roxy britney lushia

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Roxanne Alders

Roxanne Alders

Gryffindor

• Alumni
  • 1,340 posts
  • Quidditch Points:200
  • Wizard Points:326

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:12 AM

Life had gotten busy for a bit, and thus, the promised date between herself and Britney had been put off. Still, the pair had kept in touch via short notes transmitted by owl, and every so often had seen each other at the Crossfire Club. Still, it wasn’t the same as an actual one-on-one date. Finally, though, both of their schedules had freed up, and they were finally embarking on the date that they had planned that summer.

“Only two months late,” Roxy joked after meeting Britney outside their date locale, The Painters’ Vineyard in Liverpool. “I’m looking forward to this, though. My mum’s obsessed with these. Goes to one up in Scotland that’s nearby our house with her friends once a month,” Roxy explained, feeling a bit nervous now that she was actually in Britney’s presence once more, and officially on a date. She tried to remind herself not to force anything, and to let everything happen naturally. If Britney didn’t like who she actually was… well, that was just too bad.

Perhaps tonight would be the best night to finally divulge that she had a son to Britney. It was a fact she’d kept masked well, feeling absurdly insecure about Declan and the effect he could have on a relationship. But, again… if Britney couldn’t handle that Roxy already had a kid, it wasn’t as if they were going to have much of a future, anyway. Still, she was determined to start the night off on a happy note. “Basically they teach you how to do a painting, and while you’re painting, you drink wine!” Roxy exclaimed, pulling open the door and waving Britney in.

#2 Britney Lushia

Britney Lushia

Hufflepuff

• Alumni
  • 3,634 posts
  • Quidditch Points:210
  • Wizard Points:404

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:56 AM

Work was annoying, it always got into the way of having the date with Roxy. Sure Britney knew that is how it always was going to be. Since she was a whole lot older, and more things to worry about then when she was in school. It was easier to date then. Though she didn’t care, because she had still talked to Roxy all the time and even dueled her a few more times. It just seemed that for once, the date was finally going to happen.

Britney wanted to look her best for the date, she took the day off work, there was not a whole lot happening at that moment in time. So Britney knew that it was going to be alright to take a day off. She went and highlighted her hair. So now it was more blonde then it was the last time she was with Roxy. She had also straighten her hair and placed a little make up on. Nothing that crazy at all, she has a simple pink dress with some flats. She was not going to be wearing heals this time at all.

As Britney went to meet Roxy at The Painters’ Vineyard, Roxy made a joke about it being two months late. “The later the better, since we still get to go out on this, date.” She said with a smile, Britney can’t remember the last time she went on a date. “This will be the first time I try a place like this, I had looked up information about it and it seems like it would a lot of fun.” She never really paints though, not since her Hogwarts days. Britney was just wanting to make sure this was all going to work out correctly.

As Roxy was talking about how they taught you how to paint and you drink wine, that made Britney smile. It was always a fun day when she was able to drink wine/
Thank you.” Britney said as she walked in, and held out her hand as they walked inside. This was a date, maybe holding hands would be the correct thing to do. Britney hoped that this would all work out.

#3 Roxanne Alders

Roxanne Alders

Gryffindor

• Alumni
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:07 AM

Roxanne was not as dressed up as Britney, but she had made a valiant effort to make sure her curls were somewhat tamed and that she wasn’t wearing clothes with any rips in them. The end result was a nice purple V-neck sweater with her favorite pair of jeans. Roxy was a tomboy who fashion did not come easily to, but to her, this was dressing nice. It wasn’t as if they were going to another gala, but Britney’s attempt to look a bit nicer did not go unnoticed by Roxanne.

“My mom is obsessed with them. She goes at least once a month with some friends of hers. My dad calls it her woman time,” Roxy laughed, following Britney inside and accepting Britney’s hand without a second thought as they entered the cozy confines of the shop.

“You’re welcome,” Roxy told her, interlacing her fingers with Britney’s as they waited to be directed to an easel. Holding hands came easily to Roxy… it was the other stuff that lost her with relationships, but she was determined to behave naturally with Britney. Nothing forced, nothing covered up. She just wanted to be herself, and she found that easy to do around Britney.

“You look great, by the way,” Roxanne complimented just as one of the instructors greeted them.

“Take whichever easels you would like, a server will be by to get your drink order,” The woman told them kindly, and Roxy looked around at the many vacant easels, pointing toward a small group in the corner questioningly.

“That look like a good spot?” She pointed toward it.

#4 Britney Lushia

Britney Lushia

Hufflepuff

• Alumni
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:39 AM

Britney wonder if she dressed up too much for this date.

“Women time, don’t we all need time like that.” Britney said with a laugh, as Roxanne took her hand. It felt nice. Being able to hold someone hand once again. It was something that she missed, from anyone. Knowing that she was thirty something years old, and going on a date. Her mind was going crazy at this moment.

Britney had this big smile on her face, she was trying not to show off too much how happy she was. Roxy was someone that she started to care a lot about. Though this was their first date and she was going to make it the best first date.

“Thank you, you look good also. Though I think I might have dressed up a bit too much. I went causal, I guess I am such a girly girl.” She laughed as they were greeted and was told what to they were to do. Britney was not that much of a painter at all, but she did like wine.

“That looks like a perfect spot.” She said, as she leads Roxy that way, “so I wonder what we will be painting.” This was something that Britney has never done in her life, though it was nice to do something new with Roxy. Maybe there would be many different things that she could do with Roxy.

#5 Roxanne Alders

Roxanne Alders

Gryffindor

• Alumni
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:26 AM

“Thanks… I don’t think you’re overdressed,” Roxy assured her. She had in fact wondered if she herself was underdressed, but she was not about to criticize Britney for putting more effort and thought into her outfit. Plus, perhaps the girl was comfortable in dresses, unlike Roxy. “And I guess I’m too much of a tomboy. I was over here wondering if you’d accuse me of being underdressed,” Roxy laughed, determined to keep things nice and light between them for now. Jokes, small talk, all good things to start dates off with.

Or so Roxy hoped. The truth was that she was no dating expert. Never had been, and probably never would be.

“Fantastic, and I can answer that for you! We’re painting that, at the front, see? They’ll walk you through it all, though,” Roxy explained, pointing to a painting at the front. “I liked the firefly one. It reminds me of… when I was little, and me and my friend Declan would go out. Well, I would force him to go out, because Declan didn’t like the outdoors much. Anyway, he was my neighbor, and I’d pull him out of his house to go catch fireflies with me. It’s just a fond childhood memory for me,” Roxy explained, a small smile on her face.

She could never explain the ways in which her neighbor Declan had helped shape her life. He was the opposite to her, and in many ways had been a gravitating force for her, keeping her from spinning off into wild abandonment in her youngest years. It was why she had made her child his namesake… she had a lot to thank Declan for. In fact, Roxy was about to elaborate that she now caught fireflies with a different Declan (her son), but was cut off by a waitress stopping by. “I’ll have the riesling, please,” Rox ordered, looking to Britney to see what her choice in wine would be.

Edited by Roxanne Alders, 27 February 2017 - 04:26 AM.

#6 Britney Lushia

Britney Lushia

Hufflepuff

• Alumni
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:07 PM

It was nice to hear that Roxanne didn’t think that she was over dressed. Britney was always worried that she would be over dressed in everything that she did. Since she was always traveling for the longest time she never really had a chance to look nice. There were a few times she was able to, and tonight was one of those. Also she always been so girly her whole life. “You are not underdress; you look really good.” There she was once again flirting, at least her best way of flirting, it was so hard to flirt when you are over thirty years old.

The last time Britney went on a date, it didn’t end that well at all. It was many years ago and she said she wouldn’t date again unless she found the perfect person. Who knew that person would be Roxanne?

“That is pretty, I hope that I will be able to paint it that well also.” Britney used to doodle a lot when she went to Hogwarts, but that was many years ago. “That is nice to know that they walk you through the painting. This seems like a really fun place.” As she was listening him talk about a childhood memory. “Oh that is awesome, my friend Ben and I used to do things like that, he would always make me do something that I didn’t want to do and learned that being outside was a lot of fun.” She wonders what Ben was up to these days, he was her first love. Though knowing that things went from good to worst to them being friends again before they left Hogwarts.

“The best memory I have from my childhood was when Ben and I were at the park and I just gotten my letter, I was scared and didn’t know what to think and finding out that he was going to there also. So I didn’t feel like I would be lost and not know anyone.” She said as the waitress came by and asked why kind of wine they would like, Britney was thinking. She didn’t know why she wanted. She didn’t drink a whole lot. “I’ll take the same please.” She said, hoping that it would be a right pick. “Thank you for coming out with me tonight.” She smiled and held her hand again. Britney was enjoying this a lot.

Edited by Britney Lushia, 01 March 2017 - 03:08 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: foxy roxy, britney lushia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users