Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sonny Brom

Weight of the world

8 posts in this topic

Out of breath and his hair stuck to his forehead, Sonny's brown eyes scanned the faces as they began to disappear and fewer and fewer were around him. It came to a point where he was desperate for any sign of his best friend.

"Rowan!" he called again, pushing into an unused classroom and looking around. "Rowan!" he called once more as he slowed, out of breath. All of these halls were looking the exact same. Had he checked this one already?

Edited by Sonny Brom

Following the pack was something Dafydd knew how to do well, that was until a first year decided to stray away.

"Oi!" The older Badger called out, catching up to the boy in no time he placed his hand on the first year's shoulder as a sense of reassurance quickly overcame Dafydd.

"We need to go."

Spinning at the touch of the older boy, he recognized him. "No!" Sonny knitted his brow. "I need to find Rowan! And my sister, I haven't seen either of them!" he took a few steps back and tried to march away quickly after.

Edited by Sonny Brom

Was this boy serious? They had been evacuated from their common room, and now this boy diverted from safety to find his sister and friend.

"You bloody twa-" Was all the second got out before the other tried to run off. "Mate, no!" Gripping a hold of the boy's hand.

"If we're doing this," Dafydd snarled "Get your wand out immediately!"

Stopping again when the other boy told him to pull out his wand, Sonny touched his pocket before looking back up at the other with a thick swallow.

"Right..." he knew this wasn't the best time to have left that important thing behind. "I don't have it," Sonny explained quickly. "I don't ever need it!"

Rayya moved fast under the guise of disillusionment, her wand held at the ready. No matter how fast she moved it felt as if her feet were stuck in treacle and that every step she climbed took an age. Distant cries harried her and it was all she could do to remain at a pace she could keep up for the long haul. Children screaming and crying ripped at her soul; making it even harder was the fact that she was straining to recognise the voices, desperately hoping that none were familiar! Too many of her loved ones were here now, her husband who could take care of himself, her son, granddaughter and honorary nephew who couldn't. She'd die if anything happened to those three kids!

Some more voices that were nearer slowed her steps and she moved cautiously forward. It sounded like an argument but the snarling directive to get a wand out made every hair on her head stand on end. Whilst it had sounded like belonging to a child, it was no guarantee of the owner being one. However, it was the definitely younger voice admitting that they weren't carrying their wand that froze her to the bone.

Rayya moved into view and dropped her disillusionment charm at the same time. The two boys looked so damn young! Glancing around quickly, she made sure that no one else was around and that they were as safe as could be expected under the circumstances.

"And just what do we have here then?" she asked sharply, her stern tone mismatched to the words. "Neither of you should be wandering around, it isn't safe and I'll be damned if I spend my time picking up your broken bodies."

She glared at them both and quickly went to work on gathering them up closer to her. "Any reason why you're risking your lives out here?" Certainly there might have been but it would never be enough to satisfy her as being valid: no prefect badge and far too young for a Head Boy badge, these two kids had no right to be away from their dorms. But what reason would they be having other than looking for a friend? Well there was always the chance that they were thinking they could over-power a death eater but that didn't bear thinking about.

"If you've lost a friend, I'll look out for them but you two are coming with me to where you'll be safe. If that isn't to your liking I'll petrify you both and float you to the nearest safe place and leave you like that. Now come along." Rayya had every Intention of carrying out the threat though she hoped they'd be sensible and see reason. She waved her wand and put all three of them under the disillusionment charm, better safe than sorry, right?

=================
Hi there folks. Sorry (not sorry) to ruin your idea of fun but you'll be coming with me and I'll take you someplace safe. Whether you stay there or not (if leaving is a possibility) is up to you as is the exact location where you wish to be deposited. PM me the location if you have somewhere in mind, otherwise it'll be at my discretion.
=================

Disillusionment Charm @ Sonny and Dafydd
This spell causes you to blend in seamlessly with your surroundings. How cool! You're just like a chameleon!...only bigger and human.

"What do you mean you don't need it!?" How was Sonny this furiously stubborn to not carry his wand? He was given the darn thing for this purpose exactly! It wasn't until he tried to move the two foward that a voice, and a woman's figure appeared.

Raising his wand to the woman while pushing Sonny behind, and pressing him against the nearest wall, Dafydd knew something was happening in the castle and at the moment no one who was with their group could be trusted. "Sonny," Dafydd whispered "When I say so, you run to the Greenhouse and don't look back."

Although as it turned out, the woman who appeared to them seemed to be on their side, but that didn't cause Dafydd to lower his wand. "And how do we know you're not here to trick us?" A simple and rather stupid question. Dafydd wasn't going to just allow the woman to take them anywhere. Then, as she spoke her incantation, in which Dafydd had heard a few times in the dueling chamber, she did seem to be the real deal.

"Go on then." Dafydd spoke rather rude to the woman still taking no risks with lowering his wand. "We were heading to the grounds." The second year spoke not giving away the location as to where he and Sonny were originally told to go.

________

Pm in coming!

Somewhat belatedly Rayy held up her badge - so sue her for forgetting that there were some people to whom she wasn't known in the castle - and indicated her robes. "Do you honestly think I'd wear this if I didn't get paid?" But she was also forced to give the lad his due as well. Clearly some kids had been paying attention to the 'don't trust a stranger' message. "But good for you questioning me...you've gone slightly upwards in my estimation. Always be careful who you trust but in this case it's fine. Auror Borage-Brown at your service."

The grounds? Dismay tugged at her mind and forced the resumption of glaring. She went out of her way to inform the professors of trouble and this was their solution? "The grounds?" she asked as she started moving them away from their current location. Didn't they realise that with anti-apparition charms over the school none of the death eaters would be able to flee by that method and that they'd be storming out of the castle into the grounds? She swore colourfully, using her husband's choicest phrases before remembering that parents didn't usually like adults to cuss around their offspring.

"Right," she sighed, "Greenhouses it is then." Because that was the only logical place outside to take them - the Quidditch pitch was way too open, the sheds for magical creatures too distant and meeting on the lawn was out of the question. "Gawkrodger's choice I presume? Keep that wand up...never know when we'll need it"

And that reminded her of something else she really ought to cast and raising her wand again, she fixed that little piece of forgetfulness right up.

==================

Muffiato Charm @ the group as a whole

People who are in earshot of any conversation will have unidentifiable buzzing in their ears.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0