Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Selena Watkins

Oh no don't let that happen

7 posts in this topic

Despite Rhett being the mean old bat that he was, Selena kept the strange map her upperclassman sold to her their first week of school. She had spent a lot of time studying the map that she didn't need to look at it anymore, which was pretty useless since nothing was where it should be. It was just more fun to find new places in the castle by following the map. Especially since it made no sense when the two were compared. The girls bathroom on the second floor was most definitely not anywhere near the North Tower and this hall filled with armor was not the girls bathroom.

Still the shiny armored hallway was pretty cool, and Selena really had no idea where she was so she had accomplished her goal. Now if only she could figure her way back to places she recognized.

Though he spends most of his time in the chamber he did want to see more of the castle. Being a second year, he knew that he has not been to ever place. There were so many places he was sure the seventh years have not been to yet. Today he wanted to go to the Armor Gallery. He had heard that they moved, which he seen before but he still didn’t believe it.

As he was walking toward the armor gallery he walked inside and almost ran into someone. “I am sorry, I didn’t see you there. I was just going on adventures to places on the castle I have never been. I’m Ethan.” He says. Hoping he didn’t talk a whole lot. That happens sometimes.

This certainly was a strange place to meet someone. Selena couldn't believe he had almost run into her! She wasn't that short. Though she wouldn't mention the amount of times she herself had run into doorframes or tables because she wasn't paying as much attention as she should have been. As he spoke, the boy sparked her interest. "You like adventuring around the castle too?" She asked excitedly. The poor boy didn't know what he had just got himself into. What a shame. If he thought he spoke a lot, he wasn't going to be prepared for Lena.

"I actually came here adventuring too!," She added, showing off her faulty map. "I bought this map from one of the older kids. I don't think it's right. See, cause right here it says we're in the girls bathroom on the second floor. Are we even on the second floor? That's where I got led to last time I went following the map actually. One of my classmates followed me though and made me stop exploring saying I was going to die or something." She finished with a shrug. Her eyes widened when she realized she hadn't introduced herself yet. "Oh right! I'm Selena it's nice to meet you Ethan."

There seemed to be a pattern into meeting people for Ethan in the dueling chamber or almost running into them. It was just something that had almost always happened. Meeting in the chamber was a lot easier and might hurt depending on the kind of spells that someone might send to someone. Though this time, it was that he was almost an into. “I love going on adventures in the castle, it is so huge you never know where you will end up.” Though he has not run into anything bad yet, or taken a wrong turn somewhere else.

He looked at the map, that the girl had. She also asked if they were on the second floor. They were not on the second floor at all. “This is the third floor.” He said, knowing about the bathroom on the second floor. It was one that was haunted, or otherwise a ghost lived in the bath room. “You are not going to die if you explore, there is nothing here that will kill us.” At least he didn’t think that there was, he was not super sure at all. “That is a nice name, Selena.” He said with a smile.

"I knew it!" Selena exclaimed excitedly. Both knowing that she wouldn't die and wasn't on the second floor. Perhaps she should make her own map. At least after she started figuring out where she was without having to ask. She liked this boy. He confirmed her thoughts and even liked her name. What a charmer. "I'm glad nothing can kill us. I don't think I'd like to join Myrtle in her bathroom forever. Can she go to other places in the castle or is she stuck there? Because I feel like she's always there but there's so many ghosts who wander around the castle and I don't think they even died here. Have you run into many ghosts? My friends and I keep seeing this Casper guy all over the place. His great great great something or other is my classmate though." She curled the map back up and stuck it into her robes. There was no point in keeping it out if there was someone else around who could actually tell her how to get back to wherever she needed to go eventually.

" Ethan is a pretty alright name too."

Wow this girl could talk, he remembered when he was a first year. Though that was only a year ago, he didn’t talk that much to people that he didn’t know. Ethan had gotten a lot better, since he was learning that he made friends, and people liked him for who he was. It was just not something he was used to at all. “I believe she can go where she wants, but that she stays there. I don’t know why she would want to stay in the bathroom. I should see if I can read about her history and ask her why she is there.” He said taking a breath. He didn’t know how that girl was able to speak so fast and all at once.

“I see them from time to time, but other than that not too much.” They also could be floating by him, and he wouldn’t pay attention. He always had a book that he was reading. No matter what he was doing at all. “Oh, that is crazy. I don’t believe that anyone in my family has ever been here. I am sure of it since I am muggle born.” He said with a laugh. “Why thank you.” He said back towards the girl, though she said his name was just alright. He didn’t care.

Making friends was never a big problem for Selena, or at least it wasn't in her head. She didn't exactly go out and try to make friends with everyone either. People seemed to already know each other from the prehogwarts school, but Selena herself could barely remember the school. It was fascinating listening to this older student. He actually seemed to have ideas and stuff. Wow were all older kids this smart? No. It was so nice to actually have a conversation with someone who knew what he was talking about.

"There's a bunch of muggle born in my class too!" Selena said excitedly, as if the older kid would actually care about that. "I'm learning neat stuff from them too. Like things about tell-a-phones and tell-a-visions. Mummy and Daddy are both magic so I don't know much about muggle stuff. My grandpa is actually a muggle but I don't get to see him very often."

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0