Ariel Bellerose

Ravenclaw

• Ravenclaw 1st Year
  • 107 posts
  • Quidditch Points:200
  • Wizard Points:50

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:37 AM

"Waaait, are you saing you're one of those Potters?"

It probably sounded far more condescending than he meant it. Ariel was just having a tough time comprehending that the meek hufflepuff he knew was related to the saviour of the wizarding world.

Okay, so Des had, like, deliberately broken school rules a couple of times. And he'd talked back to Professor Carter in Herbology, so he wasn't that meek. But he was still very hufflepuff. Also, Ariel had a feeling he wasn't the brightest wand in the box.

Des was trying out for the Quidditch team, so they had decided to go look at the trophies for inspiration and, uh, fortification, possibly. It wasn't like either of them had actually been on a broom yet, after all.

Actually, scratch that, Desmond probably had been on a broom if he was related to Potters. Ariel found it hard to think of Des as a Potter, even though that was his name (it was a common name, okay?). There were probably laws about Potters and flying ability.

#2 Desmond Potter

Desmond Potter

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 765 posts
  • Wizard Points:70

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

“I am one of those Potters.” The name that is known all over the wizarding world. He was somewhat like his family, though he was very much like a Hufflepuff. He broke rules, only because they were fun. Also talked back to a professor. He took points from him for no reason at all.

Since he was trying out for his house quidditch team, he wanted to look at the trophies. To show that he was good enough to make the team. Since his grandfather and aunt were a part of their teams. Sure he was going to be on a different house team if he was able to make the team.

“Though, Ariel I don’t try to be known as a Potter so much. Since I want people to know me as me and not for my famous grandfather.” Walking in looking for where the trophies for quidditch would be at. As he got closer to one, he was able to see his grandfather’s name, and on the trophy it was from when he was the youngest seeker in so many years since before he got to Hogwarts.

He just hoped that he would be as good as his grandfather when it came to quidditch.

#3 Ariel Bellerose

Ariel Bellerose

Ravenclaw

• Ravenclaw 1st Year
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:19 AM

Ariel shrugged. Even if he was mildly impressed by Desmond's fame-by-proxy, he wasn't about to let on that it impressed him.

"Well, I don't wanna be known as a stupid mermaid, but I everyone keeps bringing it up. Turns out it's not even a real mermaid," he said.

"'Sides, everyone already knows your name. You should take advantage of it."

Ariel wasn't entirely sure how Desmond could take advantage of his name. Maybe bribe Vana into being a nicer human being by offering to introduce her to his granddad? She was a slytherin, she should be up for making connections and things of that nature.

"There's a lot of Hufflepuff trophies. That's like, a good omen for you, right?"

#4 Desmond Potter

Desmond Potter

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 765 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:15 AM

“Mermaid?” He didn’t know how Ariel was related to a mermaid at all. His face was supper confused about it. He just kept looking at the trophies that were in the room. “I don’t want to take advantage of it, I don’t even know how to take advantage of it. Sure everyone knows my name, but they don’t know me.”

He wants people to know who he was, he was Desmond, a Potter, the first Hufflepuff of his family, the odd one that was not the brightest in the box. He liked to sleep in class, only cared about flying and quidditch.

“There are a lot, they also won the house cup and quidditch cup last year.” Though with his much trouble Desmond was getting into her was sure that he was not going to be helping getting the house cup back this year. 

#5 Ariel Bellerose

Ariel Bellerose

Ravenclaw

• Ravenclaw 1st Year
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:05 AM

"Some stupid muggle thing," Ariel replied. He didn't want to get into this again, especially since he barely understood it himself.

How to take advantage of it. Good question. Ariel hadn't thought that far ahead. After all, it wasn't his name.

"Well, like, you wanna get on the quidditch team, right?" He said. "And everyone knows Potters are great at quidditch. You should take advantage of that. Tell them you inherited your gramp's skills."

Was James Potter an amazing quidditch player too? Ariel didn't know, but he assumed so.

#6 Desmond Potter

Desmond Potter

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 765 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:56 AM

“I would have to see if my great-grandfather would understand what it is, he is all into muggle things. At least he used to be.” His great-grandfather Weasley was into a lot of strange things, he still had to ask him about the furby thing. One of these days he will remember to write him.

Use it to make the team, he was sure he would be able to get onto the team with just his talent. At least that is what he was hoping for. His cousin had taught him a lot about quidditch, well playing quidditch. He knew the rules and all that stuff. “That might work, though I am sure they will see I am talented.” He was not one to use his name to get things.

He didn’t mind being a Potter at all, he would love to be known for who he was and not what his family has done.  

#7 Ariel Bellerose

Ariel Bellerose

Ravenclaw

• Ravenclaw 1st Year
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:59 AM

See? It was things like this that made Ariel think Desmond was a little bit, uh, silly.

"Well yeah, of course," he replied.  "But like, a lot of other people are talented too.  Older people."

"I mean, don't you think the captains will choose their friends before they choose some first year they don't even know?  But if a first year is a Potter..." he trailed off, before remembering that Desmond probably needed to have it spelled out.

"It's not like you have anything to lose, but you have everything to gain, don't you?"

#8 Desmond Potter

Desmond Potter

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 765 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:51 PM

“I know that many people have talents, I just hope that, just because I am a first year they will be able to see mine also.” He was sure that he had talent, he always played at home, but he never really played on a team. Since he was only eleven year old.

“Who knows, I think the boyfriend of one of the captains is trying out.” He said, he didn’t know who the other Desmond was at all, though it would be crazy if they both were picked for the team. “I just don’t want them placing me on the team just for my name, and then I don’t play.” He wanted to play, and show that he was more than his name, he hated it when people brought that up all the time.

“I have everything to gain, that is true. What about you?”

#9 Ariel Bellerose

Ariel Bellerose

Ravenclaw

• Ravenclaw 1st Year
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:05 AM

Ariel walked further into the room and wiped some dust off one of the trophies back here, where people mustn't ever have got up to when they were serving detentions.

He rolled his eyes as Desmond explained about not wanting to get on the team just because of his name.  Ariel knew Hufflepuffs were all about hard work, but did that really mean they had to make everything hard on purpose?

"What about me?" he asked with a shrug and a glance back in Desmond's direction.  "My dad went to Beauxbatons.  Not like you're gonna find Bellerose on any of these."

"And my mum hates quidditch.  Says it's barbaric."

#10 Desmond Potter

Desmond Potter

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:54 AM

Now he was thinking, thanks to Ariel, did he make the team because of his last name. They wouldn’t do that at all, he was good at Quidditch, his family told him that. That was the truth right, or were they lying to him. Desmond didn’t know at all, anymore. He hoped it was not because of his last name that he made the team.

“Then you should become the first one in your family to get a trophy in here. Nothing says you can’t do that. You are a blank piece of paper for your family, you can make your own name.” That is something that Desmond would like to have, he would like to be the first in his family to do thing. He had so many people in his family that had done more things. Making the team was the first step to showing that he was as great as his family.

“I don’t get it how people can hate an amazing sport.” He loved it so much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: desmondintherough, witchboy, vh34

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users