Welcome back to VH! We've just upgraded our software and themes and still have some fine-tuning to do. Please be patient while we get everything working right!  For information about the changes and to report any bugs or theme issues, please visit the Board Upgrade forum. Thank you!

Milo Shin

You did this you freak.

10 posts in this topic

This had to be the worst day ever. Not only had he gotten detention, he was also bitten by a stupid book. He had intended on saving that annoying mud girl but that plan turned sour when the book bit him. This was why Milo never did nice things anymore. Whenever he did do such things, karma was horrible. He had never ever gotten detention at school before. Milo was always good at slipping away unscathed from his chaos. He could easily blame it on someone else and when he tried to do that, Madam Carter still gave him a detention.

Heading to the hospital wing after the incident he made sure he was sending Ingrid Leighton scathing looks of hatred. Well, as mature of a scathing look that an eleven-year-old could muster. The wing assistants had given him something for his hand but he was still told to wait for an extra hour before he could leave because of you know, allergic reactions or something. It was a little cool to see how they treated his hand but Milo stared at the bandage before they ushered him back to a bed to sit on for the time being. “No. I am not sitting there.” He protested. He didn’t want to be anywhere near mud girl. Nope.

He didn’t have any time to move as the mediwizard went elsewhere and Milo could only sit there before turning to Ingrid. “My detention is all your fault! You....pabo.” He hissed, defaulting to his native language for a word he knew she wouldn’t understand. “And this? This is your fault too.” He brandished his hand where he had gotten bitten. “That is the last time I help you.” He spat. Idiots like her deserved to have been eaten by books. “Do you have a purposeful streak of stupidity or does it just come naturally?” Well, hopefully Darwinism would take care of Ingrid. Hah. A dude could only hope. “I hope there isn’t a scar on my hand after this. My skin will be ruined.”

Ingrid Meredith Leighton was not typically an angry person. As much of a sunny disposition as an eleven year old could muster, with the quick and fleeting attention span to prohibit any unwanted dwelling on unpleasant situation served her well thus far in her short life. She couldn't say that she'd ever had an enemy, per-say. Anyone she had accidentally wronged or annoyed into anger usually came around after a lot of pleading, generally acting cute, or bribery with various forms of chocolate.

That is, until Milo Shin walked into her life, stepping on her mud pies, getting her detention, and generally being a right git about all of it along the way. She didn't even know the definition of the word loathing just yet, but she would find out in due time that the deep pit of fire settling itself into her stomach as she trudged down the staircase, pointedly ignoring the uptight, holier-than-thou prat to her left, loathing was the only proper descriptor necessary.

When they reached the hospital wing, Milo still looking indignant as all get out and Ingrid doing her best to look pitiful and injured, they were whisked away by two separate mediwizards relatively quickly. The tattered edges of her robes remained, but the superficial wound on her ankle was healed almost instantaneously. The hatred Ingrid had been feeling with every ounce of her tiny body's strength was replaced with wonderment as she ooh'ed and ahh'ed and generally peppered the mediwitch with so many questions, she began to turn a shade of scarlet.

"For the last time, Miss Leighton, hold still," the witch said, exasperated. "That means talking too. I'll be back to release you in an hour or so. For now, relax here."

Ingrid was not particularly good at relaxing, but she gave it her best shot as the insistence of the obviously annoyed healer. Her ankle still tingled a bit, probably the magic working it's way into her cells, she thought. After a few moments, boredom began to set in. But only for a few moments.

The previously smoldering flames of anger were fanned immediately as a familiar, stupid looking face came out from one of the canvas partitions and was directed to sit next to Ingrid. A sneer of disgust unknowingly began to spread across her small features. "You," she seethed.

"In case you forgot, Mr. Genius, I got detention too. And I didn't RAT ON YOU-" a mediwitch popped her head around a partition and shushed the irate girl, cutting off her tirade. In a stage whisper, she continued. "I wasn't controlling the books. It bit me too," She gestured to her leg, propped up on the cushioned ottoman next to their seating area. "And you," her voice remained a whisper but practically oozed resentment. "You-... You-... YOU'RE A LYING LIAR MCLYING FACE."

Real smooth, Rid.

Edited by Ingrid Leighton

This still was the worst day ever for Milo. He didn’t want to have his beautiful, gloriously smooth skin scarred for life. He knew he could easily return home during the summer or even winter break and have it repaired. There were many plastic surgeons that could make the scar go away but he wasn’t too sure about the whole medicinal stuff when it came to magic. The healers in here seemed to get him taken care of rather quickly but the fact that he still had to wait and wait next to Ingrid did not sit well with Milo. She was honestly the worst person at this school. She liked mud pies and now biting books. He thought maybe they could have just put that whole Pre Hogwarts Primary incident behind them, or at least Milo wouldn’t mention it while trying to plot some sort of revenge on the girl.

Still, he was seething and now she wouldn’t shut up. She did rat on him! “YES YOU DID.” He yelled back, which earned another look from the mediwitch which made Milo look even more irritated. Great, now he was getting in trouble in here too. He was never going to be a whole boy anymore. THANKS INGRID. He bit the inside of his cheek to keep himself from yelling yet again but instead he found himself giving her a harsh whisper just like she was talking to him. “I wouldn’t even have detention if it wasn’t for you. You are the reason I got in trouble and do you even know who I am? I’ve never gotten in trouble my entire life.” He was going to get out of it. He just had to find a way.

“I should have let those books continue to eat you and do the whole world a favor.” Ever since he’d met stupid mud girl she just always seemed to bring trouble and difficulty in his life. At least Milo had one solace: she wasn’t in Ravenclaw. Knowing her though, she really was too stupid for his house. He’d just have to think of a way to get revenge. She was on his target list now though. He also needed to make sure he was totally careful when he did it to. Did all of the staff here always have eyes in the back of their head? It seemed like it.

“I did not lie! I didn’t send any of those…yelling things like you did! You only have yourself to blame for your injured leg and the fact you got detention. Don’t blame me for your idiocy. Everything. Is. Your. Fault.” He countered, his brown eyes were focused on her. “I wouldn’t even be in here if it weren’t for you and my hand is ruined and my day is ruined. Next time I’m in the astronomy tower-“ Oh, darn he couldn’t finish that sentence. Another glare.

It wasn’t going to be a happy ending.

"NO I DIDN'T." Ingrid said a little more loudly than probably necessary. "I told her Christian did everything, you daft blight." Apparently, this boy was deaf as well as stupid. What a shame. The anger rattled through Ingrid's small body and made her practically vibrate with rage. "Maybe if you'd just walked away, instead of tattling to Madam Carter, neither of us would have detention."

Ingrid crossed her arms defiantly, a sneer continuing to plaster itself onto her pale face, her freckles practically glowing scarlet. When he asked if she knew who she was, Rid's face took on a quizzical expression. "No? And I don't care?" The upward inflection at the end indicating less of a question and more of an are you serious right now? tone.

The small redhead threw up her hands in exasperation, continuing in the harsh whispered tone they had adopted since being chastised by the mediwitch. "You. Are. A. Prat." she spat out. "Is that all you think about? Yourself? No wonder you don't have any friends." Who in their right mind would want to be friends with someone so self-centered, dishonest, and downright mean? "The books have a taste for your blood now. Better hope they don't wind up in your dormitory when you're fast asleep."

Rid, c'mon. Don't give away your plots for revenge like that.

What?!? He hadn’t tattled! He was merely trying to get out of getting a detention which hadn’t worked anyways. Milo was perfect, or he liked to think he was. Getting off the hook was his forte except at Hogwarts. He thought ratting out the dumb mud girl would let him slip by unscathed. He hadn’t actually seen who had set off those monster books and secondly, why did this stupid school even have books like that? He was taking mental notes on all this until he remembered that there was some ungodly screeching going on in his ears.

“Do you ever shutup? I mean honestly, you make ears bleed with all that racket.” He snapped at Ingrid. He just wanted her to be quiet. She did not know the meaning of the word. Milo assumed he’d have to spell it out for her but his English letters could use more work. He also didn’t want anyone seeing how bad his handwriting was at the moment. He needed to write better but no one else needed to know that.

Sighing, Milo rubbed his forehead. He was counting down the minutes he had left to spend in here because he wanted OUT. Ingrid was still talking. “I’m more important than you and for your information I do have friends. I don’t think you have any besides that oaf Hufflepuff or whatever that dork’s name is and let’s be honest, he doesn’t really count does he?” Milo was of course talking about Gabor and he didn’t like either of those kids. “Prat? At least that’s better than being a brainless moron. Do you think people like annoying little chits?” Because that was what Ingrid was and frankly he couldn’t wait to get away from her fast enough.

“I said it once before and I don’t want to have to say it again. SHUT UP. You’re a whiny, pathetic little twit whose done nothing but get me in trouble and you know what Ingrid? Do the entire year a favor and jump out of the astronomy tower when you get the chance.”

Edited by Milo Shin

Ingrid practically saw red. "If you really want me to, I bet I could actually make your ears bleed. Maybe then you'd have an excuse for that tone-deaf accent of yours." This was not the bubbly Slytherin one would be used to at this point. That Rid was long gone and in her place was a seething, angry, demon witch hell bent on destroying the annoying git of a boy that kept poking at her. Didn't he ever hear that you shouldn't poke a bear?

But of course, Milo didn't know when to stop. He kept rattling on about how much more important he was and how great of a person he was and blah blah blah. He even drug Edwin into it for whatever reason, and Ingrid's blood began to boil. She did have friends. A lot more friends than this prissy little rich boy, and she could prove it. But at that moment, the ability to form words and talk about things and people was stolen from her and she was left there breathing through her nose like an angry bull about to charge.

And finally, the last straw pushed the small girl over the edge. Whiny. Pathetic. Twit. It was on like Donkey Kong.

Ingrid let out a barely comprehensible groan of anger and frustration, jumping to her feet and momentarily forgetting that her ankle was still bandaged up and a little less mobile than she'd like. She reached to the table in between them and grabbed the heaviest thing she could (what looked like a solid iron canister that probably held tongue depressors or something medical like that.) With every ounce of force in her tiny body, Ingrid raised the canister over her head and threw it down as hard as she could onto the chair Milo was sitting on. She assumed it would land around his abdomen, but her aim wasn't perfect and it could very easily drift south.

"YOU SELF-CENTERED, BLITHERING SACK OF PUS." Ingrid yelled, far louder than she should have, but the chiding looks of the Mediwitches on staff did nothing to deter her. "I WILL THROW YOU OFF OF THE ASTRONOMY TOWER THIS VERY MOMENT. DO BOTH OF YOUR PARENTS A FAVOR YOU BLOODY DISAPPOINTMENT."

Ingrid grabbed another thing from the table, this time what looked like a stethoscope but with a large phonograph-like cone at the end. She took hold of one side and began to bring it down over the boy over and over. "YOU. MAKE. EVERYONE. SICK." Every word punctuated with a SMACK from the medical device in her shaking, seething hands. She stopped, breathing heavily and ended her tirade. "I hope you get dragon pox and have to eat your food through a straw the rest of your life, you son of a-"

A large clearing of a throat came from their right, and a Mediwizard gave Ingrid a cold and calculating glare as he attended to another injured student on the other side of the hall, obviously too busy to get involved but not wanting it to continue. "YEAH I KNOW, BE QUIET, RIGHT?" She said at his interruption.

Milo didn’t see the point in arguing with an idiot. They were like any other person except, well, worse. He just didn’t tolerate stupidity and his patience with Ingrid Leighton was already nonexistent. He also didn’t see it getting any better and he really just wanted her to shutup. Why was that so hard for her to do? Milo knew he was more important than Ingrid because well, he was. He was born with that silver spoon but who he was actually meant something, maybe just not here but outside in the real world and not the magical one his name counted for something. Did hers? He didn’t really know and he didn’t really care to find out.

He was going to retort something back at her but when she got up from her chair Milo had no time to react. Soon a jar or something was being thrown at him and Milo attempted to block it with his arm but it hit him square in the abdomen. “Ah- YOU CRAZY-“ But she grabbed something else and Milo jumped out of his chair in time. He fully believed she intended to kill him although he had no idea what dragon pox was. Were dragons even real? Well considering there were toy ones they had to exist. Milo on the other hand had enough of her shenanigans. How dare she even hit him! His stomach was still sore but she wasn’t going to get away with this.

Without a second thought, Milo found himself yelling things at her in his native language (Korean) but he was too riled up to notice he wasn’t even speaking English. He grabbed the nearest item from the floor and aimed it out her. Within two strides he walked towards her, grabbing her hair and pulling it. All the while he continued to yell at her, although just what he was yelling was not something eleven year olds should have been saying. Milo had every intention of getting revenge because Ingrid had totally pushed him to the edge. First it was getting him in trouble now it was hurting him. Nope. Nope. Nope.

The mediwizards weren’t even in the forefront of his mind. What was something awful he could do to her? Without a second thought he grabbed a pair of something like scissors, fully intending to cut all her hair off. Witch deserved it.

In her defense, Flynn had been assigned to inventory the potions cabinet which was, like, a totally legit way for a Wing Assistant to spend their shift. She def wasn’t abusing the post by hiding there so she could have some peace and quiet while she tried to knock out a tricky bit of her Runes homework. Nooo. Cause that would be wrong and bad.

Anyway, while she, uh, worked, a teeny-tiny bit of a ruckus broke out on the Hospital Wing floor. She ignored it, figuring it was just some poor kiddo having to get their bones regrown or something. There was always lots of screaming when the Skele-gro got busted out. It wasn’t till things got way, way louder that Flynn realized they weren’t dealing with any standard Wing stuff. Uh oh.

She ditched her textbook -erm, inventory clipboard -and headed out onto the floor. Kid with a head wound, minor burn, screaming pair of ickles…ah. Yeah, that explained it. Was that Ravenclaw kid even speaking English? Oh, crap, he’d got the Slytherin by the hair. And now he was going for the medical scissors. Nope, not good. Flynn whipped out her wand.

Accio scissors!” She caught them and chucked ‘em onto an empty bed, far, far away from the crazy kids. “Dude, what is even wrong with you guys? This is a Hospital Wing! It’s supposed to be, like, healing and soothing in here.” Yeeah, they def didn’t care. Only one way to fix this. Flynn threw herself into the fray, using her epic big sister skills to pry the ickles apart.

“No. Fighting. In. The. Wing.” She grunted, forcing the Ravenclaw back with her left hand and pushing the Slytherin away with her right. “You’re going to -ow -hurt yourselves.”

Anger coursed through Ingrid's body and she felt herself practically vibrating with rage. This stupid Ravenclaw boy had pushed all of the wrong buttons, and she was ready to murder him on the spot. Azkaban be damned, she'd explain to her father that the Korean rich boy really, really deserved it. As she seethed from her outburst, she didn't get any time to cool down as the next thing she knew, he was screaming at her in some language she didn't understand and throwing things at her. She ducked out of the way barely in time, gingerly pushing to the side away from her injured leg.

She saw red again as she felt his fist grab into her long and unruly strands of hair. Her eyes grew wide as she saw the scissors in his hand and she struggled, trying to get away. Pain shot through her scalp as she reached the furthest she could get away with her hair being held hostage. The next thing she heard was a quiet snip among the yelling from the boy. Her breath caught in her throat.

Everything was quiet and still for a moment as she stood back upright and felt to the side of her head, one long strand of hair hanging from Milo's hand. She felt the edges of newly cut hair next to her ear, cut nearly down to the scalp with only a few inches of hair remaining. Her wide eyes looked to the hair in Milo's hand again and she felt the rage build up again like a volcano about to explode into the air. The scissors were suddenly ripped from Milo's hand and she vaguely heard the yelling of one of the other hospital wing assistants, but she didn't comprehend any of the words coming from her mouth.

All the little redhead could think was: That git just cut my hair. He cut my hair. HE CUT MY HAIR.

And then, Ingrid launched herself at the Korean boy, the pain in her still-mending ankle forgotten. She tackled him, hitting his shoulder and chest with fists as they tumbled to the ground in a mess of limbs. She reached for his own, carefully manicured hair and pulled at it as hard as she could, screaming incoherent things at him without any awareness of the mediwitch grabbing the both of them and attempting to force them apart. The older girl proved stronger as she was able to get Ingrid off of Milo, but she still tried to reach the boy through the hands holding her away. Involuntary tears started to form at the edges of her eyes, threatening to ruin her obviously very composed demeanour.

Milo knew the girl was insane but he didn’t think she’d be this insane. He wanted to cut off all of her hair because honestly she deserved it. She had gotten him in trouble - detention - and the Korean boy had never experienced such a thing before. He’d always been clever enough to get off scotch free but no, he had to get caught and it was all this stupid girl’s fault. Milo wanted nothing more than to take those scissors and chop off all of her hair. He managed to at least get one little snip in before out of nowhere the scissors rose out of his hands. What?!?!

Milo was so hellbent on ridding Rid (HAHAHA) of a few more pounds off her head that he didn’t notice he was being stopped. What happened? Someone else was telling him to stop and asking what was wrong with the two of them. “She threw stuff at me!” The eleven year old countered because that was the mature thing to say when facing yet another person that could potentially give you more detention. He didn’t want to get into more trouble because he knew a letter home to his father explaining what was happening was going to be then of his existence on this earth.

Milo didn’t have anytime to think or react, mud girl tackled him and was pulling at his hair and just when he reached out to hit her she was pulled off him and he was pulled away from her by some of the staff in the wing. “She start-“ But he didn’t have anything else to say because she was crying and it served her right. Of course they were going to hurt themselves- Milo did want to hurt Ingrid but he was being prevented from doing so.

“Fine but I want to be somewhere else where she won’t kill me! Have you see her? She’s insane.”

Edited by Milo Shin