Hippogriff

• Creature
  • 595 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:19 PM

MEET SABLEPLUME.
Selfish. Haughty. Voracious. Proud. Loyal

oNLLidw.png
Source: Pottermore

Out on a paddock located in a corner of the Hogwarts lawn, lay a huge bird-like creature with sable-coloured feathers. On some days, Sableplume may be found snoozing out in the sunshine, his feathers shuffling as he dreams about plump ferrets and growing hippogriff babies. On other days, he may be coming in for a landing, having just made a dozen circuits around the Hogwarts castle. Sableplume is deemed to be one of the friendlier hippogriffs Professor Qin owns. However, this should not mean that he can be underestimated. This year, his junior caretakers Kermit Princeley and Gary Youdle could be seen popping by ever so often to look after the creature. Professor Qin welcomes everyone to interact with the creature. However, it is critical to follow the rules:

(1) Always bow before you interact with Sableplume.
(2) Wait for him to bow back before approaching
(3) If he doesn't bow back, step away. Now.

X X X X

• Every now and then, Sableplume hearts, which will help you to have a better chance at obtaining a flight at the end of the term (not for this year), will be posted and they will be up for grabs.
  • Each heart has a predetermined prerequisite. This can range from ‘to pet Sableplume’ to ‘to bathe Sableplume’, etc.
  • Each heart can only be claimed once.
  • *NEW* From VH34 on, you can earn a max of 5 hearts. But unlike the previous system, you only earn hearts if you complete a wide range of interaction types. Look here for more info.
  • The events do not necessarily happen in a chronological order in this thread. For example, if there is someone I have yet to respond to in this thread and you wish to post, you can assume YOUR event happened at a different time!
  • Some of them will be ‘Design your own interaction!’ YOU get to determine how the interaction goes.
  • You also get to determine whether you want a bad interaction (“Ow ow ow!”) or a good interaction (“He let me pet him!”) ICly. Either way, you will earn that heart. If you want a bad interaction, it will be helpful if you list/RP a reason why you think the interaction will go badly.
  • If interested, please fill in the form below with a RP, together with the heart number you'll like to claim. Please do not claim a heart without a RP.
  • If you have claimed a heart, you are not allowed to claim another until Sableplume (me) has posted a response to you.
  • Sometimes, I will need to do a bit of lightgodmodding re: reaction portion. If there is anything you're against, please do not hesitate to drop me a PM
  • Reaction posts are allowed. Simply do not post your rp with a form.
  • *NEW*If you choose to interact with a caretaker, you will earn a small shop prize on top of the heart! ICly, you should be asking them for help in relation to the heart's prompt.
  • Different people can post one after another without waiting for a response from me (and sometimes, a junior caretaker).
  • Share the love~

X X X X

I WANT TO PLAY!
I am claiming heart _____.
I want my character to be accepted by Sableplume/not accepted by Sableplume.

If you are not accepted by Sableplume, why? Surprise me!/Because.....

I want/do not want to interact with a caretaker.

X X X X

11/1/17
3 HEARTS UP FOR GRABS!

(1/FEEDING) - It's feeding time at the paddock! You may choose to feed Sableplume one of the following: A spiced ferret, a BBQed rabbit or a carrot. He won't like the last one though.  
(2/GROOMING) - Sableplume has gotten into a fight with a thestral and is now injured :c He needs someone to bandage his wounds up!
(3/OTHERS) - Design your own interaction!

Edited by Sableplume, 15 January 2017 - 05:51 AM.

#2 Alice Reed

Alice Reed

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 3rd Year
  • 778 posts
  • Quidditch Points:210
  • Wizard Points:172

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:48 PM

X X X X

I WANT TO PLAY!
I am claiming heart #1.
I want my character to be accepted by Sableplume

I want to interact with a caretaker.

X X X X

Alice had begun taking care of the niffler she had named Tarragon and was mostly enjoying it.  The not mostly part being the crawling under benches or into hay piles to find the little darling when he would scamper around the area alloted to the nifflers. 

The more time she spent in the CoMC area, the more she got to watch the hippogriffs and the more she was learning by watching Sableplume's caretakers.  She had finished entering her data in her journal for the day and decided to go over to watch the feeding time at the paddock.  Alice had been paying attention to the way the hippogriff was fed and wanted to do something for him.  She had a packet with her and unwrapped it.  Using her wand to warm the contents again and taking the contents with her, Alice headed over towards the hippogriff's paddock.

Once she reached the paddock area, she stayed on her side of the fence but when Sableplume looked at her, she bowed respectfully to him and waited for a response.  "Would you like some bbq rabbit?" she asked him, waiting for a response and for the caretaker's instruction, if any.

#3 Abigail Goodfellow

Abigail Goodfellow

Slytherin

• Slytherin 5th Year
  • 560 posts
  • Quidditch Points:440
  • Wizard Points:111

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:45 PM

I WANT TO PLAY!
I am claiming heart #2.
I want my character to be accepted by Sableplume.

X X X X

After a pretty successful retake and year of Care of Magical Creatures, Abby had taken to visiting the creatures they had on campus as often as she could. She never strayed too close without a caretaker around, of course, because Abby could be reckless but she didn't want to die. Or have her eyes clawed out.

She certainly didn't expect to find out that the creatures also sometimes tried to claw each other's eyes out. "What happened?" she asked the caretaker when she carefully approached the caretaker and Sableplume. Because there were very obvious injuries and Abby, after summers of patching Grover up, liked to think she was fairly useful when it came to bandaging things.

#4 Zara Anguariz

Zara Anguariz

Slytherin

• Slytherin 3rd Year
  • 1,351 posts
  • Quidditch Points:320
  • Wizard Points:183

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:10 PM

X X X X

I WANT TO PLAY!
I am claiming heart #3.

I want to interact with a caretaker (Kermit).

X X X X

Zara was excited that this year she would get the opportunity to take Care of Magical Creatures. She couldn't wait to get to know more magical creatures and do her internship working with jobberknolls in a few months.

After dealing with a few more first years in the dueling chamber, Zara needed a break. Somehow she found herself walking towards the paddock to see how Sableplume was doing. Spotting something on the ground, she went over to see what it was.

"Oh gross," she said noticing a dead animal. Looking closer, she found it to be a dead ferret.  Seeing that she was too far away from the paddock to give it to one of the Hippogriffs, Zara went to get some gloves. She went back to the ferret, picked it up, and held it as far away from her as she could while making her way towards the paddock.

#5 Gary Youdle

Gary Youdle

CAN I STAB IT

• Gryffindor 4th Year
  • 826 posts
  • Wizard Points:145

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:07 AM

✘✘✘✘

CARETAKER POST
responding to Alice Reed  prompt 1

✘✘✘✘

It had made a lot of sense to Gary as to why Qin would bring him in to help with the hippogriff care when she was unavailable; there was simply a lot of overlap between winged horse husbandry and what it entailed to handle Sableplume and his lot so it's not like he needed buttloads of training.

A bucket of ferrets slung over one arm, the Gryffindor was making his way around the paddocks to toss them into hungry, waiting mouths. As he turned the corner towards what he had found to be the most popular hippogriff, he not only found Sableplume, but another girl as well. Gary racked his brain briefly regarding his co-caretaker; he usually forgot what Kermit's name was, but he still knew what he looked like, including the fact that he was a boy.

It wasn't unusual for other students to come around and check the place out, so Gary was about to let her be until he sniffed the air. There was actually something appetizing amidst the odors of manure and dead ferrets. Was that...barbecue?

"Oi, whatcha got there?" Gary finally noticed the grilled rabbit in her hands. "Is that...did you nick that from lunch?" He gave her a slightly exasperated look, but shrugged. "And after I got all these bloody ferrets ready for them? He's going to get spoiled. Go on, straighten up and if he bows back, give it to him. But only as long as there's no onions in it." 

Mucking the place out was stinky enough without adding onion farts to the mix.

#6 Kermit Princeley

Kermit Princeley

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 4th Year
  • 1,177 posts
  • Quidditch Points:360
  • Wizard Points:195

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:56 AM

✘✘✘✘

CARETAKER POST
responding to Abigail Goodfellow  prompt 2

✘✘✘✘

His mother had once said if he could life with the wild animals, he would choose to do so. Kermit adored every single creature whom he came in contact with, and this was why he had been thrilled to be chosen as one of the co-caretakers for Sableplume. He hadn’t really interacted with his fellow caretaker for he and Gary had a different circle of friends. Either way, he promised himself that he would do his very best…

…that was tried within the first few hours when Sableplume and a thestral got into a fight. Kermit had left to collect some bandages from the shelter. He was a little wary about being able to help the now injured and more than likely cranky hippogriff. Still, he had signed up, and he was prepared to do anything to help wherever he could. He was walking back towards the paddock when a Slytherin appeared in view. “He got into a bit of a tuft with a threstal.” Kermit said quietly, as he tried to glance over the injuries. “Would you like to help me? There are plenty of bandages, and it would be completed quicker with the two of us.”

He held out the bandages towards the girl.

“Just make sure to bow!”

#7 Kermit Princeley

Kermit Princeley

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 4th Year
  • 1,177 posts
  • Quidditch Points:360
  • Wizard Points:195

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:14 AM

✘✘✘✘

CARETAKER POST
responding to Zara Anguariz  prompt 3

✘✘✘✘

“Zara!”

Kermit had been hanging around at the paddock when he saw someone wondering towards it. At first, he thought it was just another student coming to see the hippogriffs. Given how many times he had wondered there in the first few years, he knew how popular Sableplume was. The magnificent creature could keep everyone’s attention no matter what he did to achieve it. As the figure grew closure, he took a little down from her face, to the item she was carrying.

“Have you brought a new scarf? It looks like real fur.” Kermit commented, wondering if it made him sound like he knew what he was talking about when it came to the latest fashions. “Is that a ferret?” he said again, when he saw the animal in full view.

He frown for a brief moment. A wonder of whether the poor animal had been killed in a sacrifice to be part of Sableplume’s lunch crossed his mind, but the haze was quickly removed from his thoughts. The girl may have been a pretty awesome dueler, but that did not mean she had hurt anything.

“Did you bring that for Sableplume? I mean, of course did. It’s not that you walk around with dead ferrets all the time.”

#8 Sableplume

Sableplume

Hippogriff

• Creature
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:28 PM

*steals the boyz' coding*

✘✘✘✘

ALICE REED EARNS...

(1) FEEDING-TYPE & (1) SWEET

✘✘✘✘

Over the last summer, the last of the most senior hippogriffs had passed on, passing on the leadership of the herd to the next oldest – a male who was just a few years older than Sableplume. While this wasn’t something new to the herd, the passing of an older hippogriff often meant that the next few in line would be given additional responsibilities – namely, keeping the adolescent hippogriffs in check. That, together with making sure that Lilytuft didn’t break her wing by crashing into yet another tree, took up so much time that Sableplume barely had the time to take care of his own needs, starting with his stomach.

He was only reminded of how hungry he was when he scented a most delicious smell in the air. Meat. Cooked meat. Over time, Sableplume had learnt that the taste of raw meat could be made better, enhanced. And as far as he was concerned, today, he deserved the best treat.

Clicking his tongue, Sableplume trotted eagerly over to the pair of humans and eyed the one holding the delicious rabbit with interest. Some sort of exchange passed between the humans and it wasn’t long before the girl bent over in a bow. Spreading his wings downwards in a dip, Sableplume too followed her example. He edged forward and snatched the rabbit from her extended arm. With a quick toss and a swift gulp, the rabbit disappeared into the depths of the creature’s stomach.

He sang his thanks and turned his attention to the other human. Bloody ferrets weren’t as good as spiced rabbits but he was still ravenous. TIME TO FEED!     

Edited by Sableplume, 12 January 2017 - 03:37 PM.

#9 Abigail Goodfellow

Abigail Goodfellow

Slytherin

• Slytherin 5th Year
  • 560 posts
  • Quidditch Points:440
  • Wizard Points:111

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

Abby wrinkled her nose at the caretaker's response. "Why'd he do that?" she asked, before perking up at his offer to let her help. She grinned and nodded eagerly, taking a few steps closer to the hippogriff and caretaker, whose name she vaguely remembered from Quidditch. She was pretty sure he was named after a muppet. When she was a few feet away, Abby stopped and bowed as carefully as she could, biting her lip as she waited for a response from the creature.

#10 Sableplume

Sableplume

Hippogriff

• Creature
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:56 AM

✘✘✘✘

ABIGAIL GOODFELLOW EARNS...

(1) GROOMING-TYPE & (1) SWEET

✘✘✘✘

Fights with other creatures were all part and parcel of a hippogriff’s life. Since the forest was the only place where Sableplume and his herd could stretch out their claws and wings for a hunt, it was natural that they’d have to compete with the other predators within the area. Unfortunately, the hippogriffs had far more to compete with than foxes or wolves. But a thestral? That was new. He didn’t know why the dark equine came at him but perhaps the scent of the newborn on the creature had something to do with it.

Wailing like the big baby he was, Sableplume held out an injured talon, unwilling to move from that very comfy spot until he was healed. This, he supposed, was where living with humans came exceptionally handy. They liked to make sure he was in tip top shape all the time. And somewhere along the line, he had become terribly spoiled.

Bows? Yes yes – let’s get that done with and move on. There were more important things to do here.

The pair of humans (one of which he sat on recently; that had been fun) huddled together as they tended to his wounds, making hushing noises whenever Sableplume winced. The wound this time was pretty deep, prompting his caretaker to bring out a liquid that stung badly as he poured it over the wound. Sableplume released a large squawk and only managed to calm down when one of the humans touched his head and made cooing noises.

Urgh, Sableplume thought as bandages were wrapped around his talons. I am never going to let myself get this hurt ever again.

#11 Sableplume

Sableplume

Hippogriff

• Creature
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:33 AM

✘✘✘✘

ZARA ANGUARIZ EARNS...

(1) OTHER-TYPE & (1) SWEET

✘✘✘✘

Sableplume was starving. Again. He had been late to lunch so everyone else managed to get to the plumpest pickings before he did. And since Lilytuft was still growing, he gave her the biggest scraps he managed to snag in the tussle for food and kept the leftovers, like the bones, for himself. Suffice to say, the feathered beast wasn’t satisfied. He wanted meat and blood and he wanted it yesterday!

Scratching grumpily at the ground, Sableplume wondered if he’d have any luck finding some lizards and worms in the ground. It wasn’t going to help his situation much but at least he’d tide him over until….was that a ferret?!

Wings fluttering with interest, Sableplume cantered over, eyes staring intently at the prize held in the human’s grasp. Another hippogriff, an adolescent, to the side looked up in interest but Sableplume snapped at him. This one’s mine – go find your own!

A testy hippogriff was not to be messed with. After bows were exchanged, Sableplume stretched his neck out and snapped at the lifeless ferret. Dropping it to the ground, within seconds, he mauled it to pieces with his beak and talons.

*burp*  

X X X X

13/1/17
2 HEARTS UP FOR GRABS!

(4/SHINY-GIVING) - A niffler has stolen Sable's golden plate! As it was too big to fit into its pouch, the creature hid it deep in a tree. It ran away once it realised Sableplume started to shake said tree. Now, Sableplume wants his shiny back D<. 
(5/OTHERS) - Design your own interaction!

#12 Ethan Smith

Ethan Smith

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 2nd Year
  • 981 posts
  • Wizard Points:150

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:46 AM

I WANT TO PLAY!
I am claiming heart 5.

Ethan started to like seeing all the different creatures there were in the magical world. Sableplume was a hippogriff and he helped him last year find his shiny items that his kid took. He was walking and could see that Sableplume was shaking a tree. As Ethan walked up to a care taker, he wanted to be able to help him. "I want to help in get back what he is trying to get." Though Ethan didn't know what it was he was looking for, he just saw that Sableplume was having a hard time.

As he walked up to the hippogriff with the caretaker next to him, he remember what he has read in the books he read about magical creatures. That you have to bow before you go up to them. And if they didn't bow back, you better leave cause they don't want anything to do with you. "Even though he isn't looking do I still bow." He hoped that is what he is supposed to do. So Ethan bowed, he never been this close to a hippogriff or any magical creature in his life.

As he was bowing he looked at Sableplume. "I want to help you." He said in a low voice, he didn't know if that was going to work out at all. But he was here to try it anyway.

Edited by Ethan Smith, 13 January 2017 - 01:54 AM.

#13 Lydia Brewer

Lydia Brewer

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 137 posts
  • Quidditch Points:200
  • Wizard Points:50

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:59 AM

X X X X

I WANT TO PLAY!
I am claiming heart 4.
I want my character to be not accepted by Sableplume.

If you are not accepted by Sableplume, why? Surprise me!/Because..... Because Lydia is going to sneeze and fall over before she can complete her bow and is unintentionally offensive? Or ANYTHING I AM DOWN FOR WHATEVER. REJECT ME. </3

I am ambivalent about interacting with a caretaker. I'm sure they're really busy.

X X X X

Lydia was strolling outside because it was the most normal part of the "magical castle" she could find. If she didn't face the castle and instead faced outwards and walked, it was almost like she was just in some random countryside. Or so she told herself, she was from a rather urban area in South England it's not like she could tell the difference.

After a bit of wandering, she came upon some fenced off areas that were clearly for animals. Well Lydia liked animals! Those were perfectly normal, she even had a cat that she loved and her dad's cat, which had stayed at home, was lovely too. Maybe there were horses at Hogwarts! Horses would be cool.

She saw something at the back of the paddock and she made little noises with her throat like she'd seen other people do at horses.

Only when the horse turned around. It had feathers. IT HAD FREAKING FEATHERS. AND LIKE CHICKEN FEET. WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK?

"Um," her eyes went wide and she froze in place. Despite the fact that it appeared unimpressed with her presence she felt like she should do something or like run. But she was stuck in place and couldn't run. Hadn't she seen some other people bowing weirdly at the paddocks before? Maybe that was what she was supposed to do - pray to the satan creature living here?

She leaned forward a bit but then sneezed and fell to the ground. "AH I'M SORRY." She flopped around on the ground trying to get up. "I'll give you anything you want don't kill me!"

She scrambled back out of like talon reach from the paddock and noticed that it kept looking at her and at a nearby tree. "Uh... this is just like really weird yo okay? I'm not like judging you but I think there maybe something wrong with you." She went to the tree and got the shiny object from it. When she noticed the animal following her movements very intently, she got really scared and just threw the golden plate at Sableplume and scrambled backwards. "Devil bird. Horse. Thing."

Did that count for an offering? Was she going to have a plentiful harvest or something now? As long as she didn't die she was cool with it.

#14 Gary Youdle

Gary Youdle

CAN I STAB IT

• Gryffindor 4th Year
  • 826 posts
  • Wizard Points:145

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

✘✘✘✘

CARETAKER POST
responding to Ethan Smith  prompt 5

✘✘✘✘

His chores were done in a quicker fashion that Gary had anticipated, so he was holding a paperback book folded back in one hand, sitting on the ledge of the paddock’s fence. One eye was on the page and the other was on Sableplume as he got some outdoor frolicking time in the large enclosure. When a Hufflepuff student approached, the Gryffindor was forced to jump down from his perch and chaperone.

“Help him do what?” the fourth-year replied, tucking the book into the back of his trouser waistband so his arms were free in case he needed to swiftly grab his wand or the kid. He squinted over towards the formidable hippogriff. “Is there something up there? I figured he was just wanting to like, destroy the tree. I saw him clip a top branch during a take off once so I thought he was like, enacting his revenge.” Gary shrugged. “You can help him, but yeah, definitely bow. He’ll look at you eventually. And if he doesn’t bow back, I would say run, but he would catch you and rip your face off, so just like, back up slowly behind me.” He was about to go back to his book, but realized that maybe this all wasn’t the best thing to tell the second year.

“But of course, just wait for him to bow first and you should be good,” he hastily added. "Perfectly fine."

#15 Sableplume

Sableplume

Hippogriff

• Creature
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:08 AM

✘✘✘✘

ETHAN SMITH EARNS...

(1) OTHER-TYPE & (1) SWEET

✘✘✘✘

Was there something up there? Yes, yes there was. Lilytuft had reached the rebellious age and sneaked her father’s unfinished lunch into the trees…all because he refused to let her go flying with one of the herd’s adolescent males! It was ridiculous. His daughter was just born last year! She shouldn’t even be thinking about dating until she was…er…. okay, hmmmm…. Sableplume was going to have to get back to you on that.

Making whiny noises, Sableplume stuck his head into another tree. His talons, sharp as ever, created grooves into the tree truck. It didn’t look pretty but Lilytuft forced his hand. So focused the creature was on his search that he didn’t even notice the humans bracketing him at his sides until much later.

Human help! Yes. FINALLY. Here’s someone who can squeeze through all those branches and get to the half-eaten spiced ferret. He half-snorted at the bow he was offered. That was important, yes, but not when the creature needed his lunch.

With an urging squawk, Sableplume nudged the small human towards the tree, nearly pressing him into it. He could probably climb into it or use his magic stick to get the ferret down for the hippogriff. Either way, the human had better do it fast. Sableplume was starving here D:   

Edited by Sableplume, 15 January 2017 - 06:08 AM.

#16 Sableplume

Sableplume

Hippogriff

• Creature
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:44 AM

✘✘✘✘

LYDIA BREWER EARNS...

(1) SHINY-GIVING-TYPE

✘✘✘✘

It was certain now. The whole world was against Sableplume. First, Lilytuft hid his lunch in the trees and now, a creature which had no business sniffing around his things had stolen one of his shinies! Without it, his stash looked depressingly plain since most of it was made of silver or steel. (Fyi, Sableplume would love some jewels to add to his stash – perhaps some from those house point hourglasses? Hmm?) Righteously pissed off, Sableplume attempted to claw his way into the tree. Releasing frustrated grunts whenever his talons scratched at the bark instead of hooking into place, it took much longer than it should have for Sableplume to get close to his prize. He was a mere inch away from his beloved shiny when a loud sound reverberated from somewhere down below, startling Sableplume enough that his talons slipped from its position on the tree.

Bye shiny. Hello cruel world.

He turned on the rude human, who had the nerve to continue making noises Sableplume did not understand. As much as he’d like to maul her right there and then, he decided against it. He was a nice and polite hippogriff, alright? Maybe if he stared at her hard enough, she’d go away.

…Or not. Apparently, she liked his shiny too and was taking if for herself! Sableplume glared at her, snarling when she decided to throw the plate at him. It bounced off his beak and you know what? It hurt.

Rising up on his hooves, Sableplume squawked loudly in anger and snapped at the human. She tried to scramble away but it was too late. He managed to clamp his beak around a lock of her hair.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP.  

15/1/17
1 HEART UP FOR GRABS!

(6/OTHERS) - Design your own interaction!

(OOC: I'll be taking a short break from interactions after this last one <3 Thank you all for your interest so far! :wub:)

Edited by Sableplume, 15 January 2017 - 06:44 AM.

#17 Rowan Allard

Rowan Allard

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 599 posts
  • Quidditch Points:200
  • Wizard Points:50

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:26 PM

X X X X

I WANT TO PLAY!
I am claiming heart one.
I want my character to not accepted by Sableplume.

If you are not accepted by Sableplume, why? Surprise me!/Because..... she's far too excited about meeting a real magical creature, starts crying, can't properly do her bow - cause who bows any more - and is generally just the  worst. whatever you want, beastis <3

I cool with out caretaker interaction

X X X X

There had been talk about a winged beast out in a corner of the Hogwarts lawn - sure, that talk had been almost exclusively from Lydia who had claimed a half-horse, half-bird had tried to steal her hair. Rowan had claimed that it was probable just building a nest, and Lyd's hair was typically very soft. She should have seen it as a sign of affection, not an attack.

Of course, Rowan's curiosity had gotten the better of her. If there really was some weird Pegasus-esque creature roaming the school grounds, she was not going to miss out on that. No sir! She needed to see it and she needed to see it now. That's how she'd found herself sneaking towards the paddock that had been pointed out to her. Well, sneaking wasn't the right word, she was skipping and humming a song she'd made up about the colour purple. 

Both of those activities abruptly stopped when she spotted the creature in question. Sure, it didn't look like that one cartoon horse from Hercules, but it was still pretty. She was practically vibrating with excitement. There was something she was supposed to do, right? What was mentioned - oh! Bowing, right. 

Bouncing on her heels with happiness, she attempted her best bow, low, head down, totally cal-- WOAH! 

Perhaps wearing her gold Heelys had been a bad idea. She never took them off - sometimes opting to sleep in them - so she'd expected that it would go alright. In her excitement she'd managed to put too much weight on the wheel in the heel of her shoe and instead of properly bowing managed to slip backwards and land with a great thwack on the ground.

"No, no, no. Not good." She muttered, attempting to clamor away from the animal before something else went terribly wrong.

#18 Sableplume

Sableplume

Hippogriff

• Creature
  • 595 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

✘✘✘✘

ROWAN ALLARD EARNS...

(1) OTHER-TYPE

✘✘✘✘

Sleep, for Sableplume, ranked just behind food, shinies and Lilytuft. Since food was aplenty and his territory was well guarded, the hippogriffs rarely have a reason to stay alert throughout the day. Overtime, Sableplume had taken to taking light snoozes whenever he felt the need to do so. But of course, it was hard to escape the incessant badgering of the humans.

The creature was in the middle of a dream, one where he was chasing away a dastardly suitor of Lilytuft’s, when he was jerked out of his sleep. Blearily, he looked up, the depiction of confused until his oranges irises landed on an unfamiliar human that had come too close for his liking. What was she here for? To steal his shinies? Was she an accomplice to the other one who came by?

Irritated, Sableplume heaved his heavy bulk from the ground and easily trotted over to his intruder, who appeared to have lost the function of her legs. She clearly deserved to be chased away but first Sableplume needed to make sure she’d never return again.

Clamping onto the human’s odd skin (clothes), Sableplume picked her off the ground and with a great forceful swing, threw her in the direction of the lake that was just adjacent to his paddock. With a resounding splash, the human dropped in, making displeased sounds that were music to the beast’s ears. Now then…time for him to go back to his nap…

(OOC: That's it for now! I highly recommend following this topic if you have yet to get your heart <3)

Edited by Sableplume, 16 January 2017 - 02:04 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hippogriff events, open

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users