Lindy Rose

Unsorted

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:58 PM

lindy nevin rose
vh-thirty-five
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I, Lindy Rose, have read the Rules & Guidelines.

Name: Lindy Nevin Rose
Blood Status: Halfblood
Are you new to VH? (Yes/No): No
What do you want to learn the most from this school? (in character): Lindy wants to meet people, because her family is tucked away in their corner and most of her socializing has been with muggle children.
What do you want to learn the most from this school? (out of character): Socializing. Meeting people in Lindy's year. Maybe some RPs.
A few things your character likes doing in his/her free time: Baking. Learning about dragons. Taking naps. Singing/dancing (sometimes not well).

Edited by Lindy Rose, 10 January 2017 - 10:35 PM.

#2 Lindy Rose

Lindy Rose

Unsorted

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:23 PM

lesson one
e x t r a c r e d i t
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The letter had come with minimal fanfare. It had arrived with the rest of the post, just like Lindy had expected. Being the child of two Wizarding parents meant Hogwarts wasn't a surprise. It was her parents' alma mater, after all -- all three of them. Still, she couldn't help the grin that spread across her face as she held the heavy parchment in her hands, fingers grazing over the green ink in awe.

"This is it," she whispered to herself. She could hear Daddy announcing that they were celebrating with cupcakes, and that Mum and Dad would be told the good news immediately. Though, Lindy was sure the woman already knew. She seemed to know everything, after all. And Dad -- well, he got to work with dragons so she doubted anything would ever be as cool as that. Still, it was kind of nice, having everyone bustling about for her when it wasn't her birthday. She had to find Robin and tell him. It wouldn't be a proper celebration without him too!

#3 Lindy Rose

Lindy Rose

Unsorted

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

lesson two
e x t r a c r e d i t
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lindy Rose
Pre-Hogwarts Primary, VH35
My life goal is to ride a unicorn

Robin,

You won't BELIEVE what just happened!! I got detention. Isn't that something? I mean, I know Dad was, like, a good kid and Daddy wasn't, so Mum always said it was bound to happen eventually, but. I still can't believe it.

It was a stupid rule too. It was midnight and I was hungry; of COURSE I'm going to go get a midnight snack in the kitchens. Daddy told me where it was, said he and Mum went there a lot even though they lived in one of the towers. D'you think Mum could get me out of detention? She's kind of scary sometimes, so I can't imagine why not.

She'd probably make me do it still, though. Building character or something dumb.

Anyways, write back soon! xx
Lindybird

#4 Lindy Rose

Lindy Rose

Unsorted

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

lesson three
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

curious
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

She likes to learn things. Especially about magical creatures. Because her dad works with dragons and
they're kind of cool. Lindy is also the kind of girl that doesn't take no for an answer. Don't shut that
curiosity door on her questions or she'll ram it down until she gets what she wants. I don't make the
rules, sorry.

loyal
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

With two Gryffindors for biological parents, loyalty was almost a given. Lindy's the girl who isn't
automatically your best friend when you meet her, but once she becomes your best friend, you're probably
never getting rid of her. She's always happy to fight anyone who makes the people she cares about sad or
upset in any way.

reckless
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Y'know how in Back to the Future, Marty McFly would do anything if you called him a chicken for not doing
it? Lindy is a little something like that. She'll take a dare if it's given to her and is pretty much willing to try
anything twice. Except liver because that sounds disgusting.

impatient
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There is nothing Lindy hates worse than people being slow. If she's stuck behind slow people while she's
walking, she will probably scream and grumble. She's almost always running around to get places. Chances
are, she learned to run before she learned to walk. This also means that if someone mentions something to
her and says "you'll find out when you're older," she's probably gonna try to find out now. Sorry not sorry.

restless
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

In similar fashion to her impatience, Lindy is the kind of girl who is always on the move. Her interests are
fleeting, but also intense. She doesn't sit still well, and will probably be making noise or fidgeting if she's
not on the move. Lindy's always looking for the newest, fun thing and this will probably result in her ending
up somewhere she wasn't supposed to end up in.

persistent
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

words tbe

resourceful
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

words tbe

stubborn
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

words tbe

Edited by Lindy Rose, 11 January 2017 - 12:16 AM.

#5 Lindy Rose

Lindy Rose

Unsorted

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:45 PM

lesson four
e x t r a c r e d i t
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

THE BASICS
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Name: Lindy Nevin Rose
House: The one above the Bakery
Birthday: Some time in January, 2026
Hometown: The Bakery
Blood: Halfblood
Five words that best describe your character: curious, loyal, reckless, impatient, restless

APPEARANCE
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Hair Color: A mousy/chocolate brown
Hair Style: Messy, usually down.
Eye color: Blue
Height: Slightly taller than average
Other distinguishing details: A scar right above her left eyebrow from an accident in her childhood.
uoxDKU2.png
portrait by carson rose

FAMILY
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Father's name: Carson "Daddy" Corelli-Rose
Brief description: Blond Gryffindor alumnus who now runs a bakery beside the Java Bomb in a little corner of the Muggle world.
Mother's name: Evanna "Mum" Nevin
Brief description: Brunette Gryffindor alumna who now travels the world as Wand Direction's manager. She always makes time for the important parts of Lindy (and Robin's) lives.
Step-father's name: Arcite "Dad" Corelli-Rose
Brief description: Blond Slytherin alumnus who now works with dragons. He doesn't travel as much as Evanna and is as much her father as Carson is.
Brother's name: Robin Corelli-Rose
Brief Description: Dark haired younger boy who was adopted by the Corelli-Rose family a few years ago. He's a little on the quiet bookish side, but he and Lindy are very close. He's her knight, and she's the princess at home.
Other key family members:
  • Cassidy Nevin-Kinsella - aunt, mum's side
  • Pippa Kinsella - cousin, mum's side
  • Francis Barnes - parents' old school friend; Ravenclaw alumnus. Runs the Java Bomb next door
  • Simon - Uncle Fran's Muggle live-in boyfriend/husband, works at the Bakery, occasionally babysits.

The Barnes-Nevin-Corelli-Rose "Barvellirose" Clan
by: Lindy Rose

Barvellirose isn't a very traditional family. For one, Mum and Daddy had me right out of school. They were gonna get married, but then decided they were better off as friends. Then Daddy and Dad got married, finally if you ask Mum. Then they adopted Robin, who is my very best friend.

Uncle Fran says he was forced into the family, but I think he really loves us and wouldn't trade it for the world. He doesn't like magic though, that's why we live in Muggle England. Plus Uncle Simon is a Muggle, so we can't always take him places. He's really cool, though, and sometimes he sneaks me and Robin dragon shaped cookies.

Edited by Lindy Rose, 11 January 2017 - 05:13 PM.

#6 Lindy Rose

Lindy Rose

Unsorted

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

lesson five
e x t r a c r e d i t
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Maybe in another life, Lindy would notice all the nuances in the world around her when she disappeared into Diagon Alley for the first time after getting her Hogwarts letter. The truth was that she was far too excited to pay attention to anything. Her parents, all who understood the importance of making friends and exploring Diagon Alley on one's own, had barely said anything when she asked to go exploring. Of course, she felt bad because they wouldn't let her take Robin with her, but she would just get him a present to make up for it.

There hadn't been a discussion of where they'd meet up again, but Lindy wasn't fussed. She knew how to get home if she found herself abandoned in Diagon Alley, a trick her mum made sure she knew. Lindy was well on her way to exploring one end of Diagon Alley to another when she saw a planetary display for some books about planets in the window of Flourish and Blotts and Lindy was a sucker for planet books, so naturally she went inside.

She was browing the aisles dedicated to books shown in the front window when she heard someone talking. It took her a second to realize that the girl had been talking to her. "Um, sorry, I didn't catch that?" There, that was nice and polite, right?

extra credit - join an open rp from the corkboard

Edited by Lindy Rose, 19 January 2017 - 09:06 PM.

#7 Lindy Rose

Lindy Rose

Unsorted

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

lesson six
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

TBE

#8 Lindy Rose

Lindy Rose

Unsorted