Welcome back to VH! We've just upgraded our software and themes and still have some fine-tuning to do. Please be patient while we get everything working right!  For information about the changes and to report any bugs or theme issues, please visit the Board Upgrade forum. Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Delphine Brodeur

Brodeur, Delphine

6 posts in this topic

delphine brodeur

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHAS READ ALL OF THE RULES & GUIDELINESxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

---------FULL NAME Delphine Ingrim Brodeur
------BLOOD STATUS Pureblood
--------NEW TO VH? Nope
---LEARN MOST ICLY Nothing because I was supposed to go to Beauxbatons.
--LEARN MOST OOCLY Meeting new people, getting to know Delphine a bit better.
---------FREE TIME Style outfits for the week, read magazines, paint nails, try out

--------------------- different hairstyles, go shopping, study, & practice ballet.

Edited by Delphine Brodeur

lesson one

--- ASSIGNMENT

Lesson completed.

- EXTRA CREDIT WC: 429

The mail had been brought in, the ugly envelope with the wax seal for Hogwarts sitting at the top of the pile. Delphine just stared at it for a good ten minutes. She didn’t want it to be there, she didn’t want to read it, and she didn’t want to go to Hogwarts. The brunette had been planning since she was five years old to go to Beauxbatons. Like her older sister, her mother and father and pretty much the rest of her extended family for as long as the family tree had been kept.

Here’s a hint, it was dated back at least twenty generations.

Delphine’s nanny Amélie entered in the kitchen and took notice of the child she took care of starting blankly at the mail. Delphine knew that no matter what anyone did besides move their lives back to Marseille from Canterbury, she would be attending Hogwarts next fall.

You should open it,” Amélie said, a giant smile on her round face.

Delphine just made a noise in reply.

Proper ladies don’t make sounds like that, Delphine. Sit up straight too.

She shut her eyes so that she wouldn’t be caught rolling them. It was apparently, too impolite and rude to roll your eyes at someone and so naturally, Delphine was banned from doing it. There were however, loopholes to all the restrictions her parents had put on her. It wasn’t the first time she had done it and it certainly would not be the last. She frowned at Amélie instead.

“I’ve already told you, and my parents multiple times that I do not want to go to Hogwarts. S’il vous-plait! Please! Amélie, I can’t go. I was supposed to go to Beauxbatons before dad was transferred.” The brunette had come up with multiple cases for her to stay with her older sister Margot in Paris; all rejected. The next time that Delphine had brought up going to Beauxbatons was when she brought up living with her grandparents instead. Her parents were having none of it. She couldn’t believe it; one moves to England and all of her hopes and dreams of continuing on the Brodeur legacy. Once that was all out of Delphine’s system, the girl reached forward and plucked the letter from the top. She slid her finger underneath the wax seal and popped it up. There was no point in reading the letter though as Delphine already knew that she had been accepted. All she was going to do was make it seem like she had read it; no one would be the wiser.

lesson two

--- ASSIGNMENT

Delphine Brodeur
Pre-Hogwarts Primary, VH35
I've been doing ballet since I could walk.

- EXTRA CREDIT WC: 112

Margot,

You need to talk to mum and dad about this ridiculous notion that I can continue to attend Hogwarts. They have no idea what it is like here. Did you know curfew is at nine in the evening? You of all people should know that I don’t do well with lots of restrictions on how to live my life. At least some of the rules make sense – like the Forbidden Forest. Aptly named, really. I was doing some reading on it that it contains vampires, centaurs, werewolves, acromantulas, and on the rare occasion, Death Eaters. Regardless, I still can’t stand to be here a moment longer.

Get me out.

Love,

Delphine

lesson three

--- ASSIGNMENT

astute having or showing an ability to accurately assess situations or people and turn this to one's advantage. // Growing up in a socialite heavy family, Delphine's parents (and older siblings too) taught her how to seize opportunities where they could be found. Despite still being too young to really use this the way her family does, Delphine still stays alert to her surroundings. She listens to people and finds out where there are weak spots, mainly for future reference for when there is a need to cash in on a favor or two.

industrious diligent and hard-working. // Being the youngest of three children, Delphine has learned the hard way that the only way to get recognition and attention from her family and peers was to earn it. She has seen the way her father has made his career from scratch and wishes to do something similar, but in her own way such as following her passion of ballet or branching out in a career no one in her family has gone in.

pragmatic dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations. //

outspoken frank in stating one's opinions, especially if they are critical or controversial. //

passionate showing or caused by strong feelings or a strong belief. //

- EXTRA CREDIT WC: 203

Delphine could easily remember the first day she had met a Seer. She remembered the event in vivid detail as she didn't want to forget it. It had been what her parents deemed to be a family outing, despite the fact that none of the family actually enjoyed it; each had better places to be. In the semblance of being a normal family however, they did an excursion once in a blue moon. That day had been to a boardwalk in Paris. Delphine was sitting atop of her father's shoulders and had spotted the booth that boasted a fortune teller. The young girl (at the time) had gravitated towards a liking of the more mystical side of magic and had exclaimed loudly that she wanted to get her fortune told. The brunette even remembered the vague fortune that she had been told, one to do with a great upheaval in her life.

When you're six years old however, one does not think about great upheavals. After what Delphine thought was a 'great upheaval' in her life (aka moving to England) happened of course, the one thing that Delphine both loved and hated about that day was that the fortune teller had been right.

lesson four

--- ASSIGNMENT

I9efMkt.png

DELPHINE INGRIM BRODEUR

SPARKLYPOO || PUREBLOOD || AUGUST 19

marseilles, france canterbury, england

HAZEL EYES || DARK & WAVY HAIR
WILLOWY BUILD || FIVE FOOT SIX

HBS1a6x.png

- EXTRA CREDIT WC: 237

D82oCk2.png

Delphine's family is a long line of purebloods. Of course there is some branching off as the years went by and there have been muggles introduced into the bloodline, but for the most part the magical gene is passed along in every generation. Most are French but there are some of those who are Spanish, German, and Swiss.

In Delphine's immediate family there are her two older siblings Margot (the eldest; aged twenty) and Tristan (the middle child; aged fifteen), making Delphine the youngest. Margot is an alumni of Beauxbatons and currently works at Luxury Wedding Magazine and is engaged to her boyfriend of five years. Tristan currently studies at Beauxbatons, making Delphine very jealous and envious of her older brother. He volunteers at the French Ministry of Magic in the summer and stays with their grandparents (Lucille & Gaston) in Marseilles. Their parents are Cassandra and Vincent. A key member in their family is a housekeeper/nanny named Amélie who helped raised all three children. Delphine also has a champagne colored ferret named Persephone. Moving outwards into the tree, Delphine has two cousins on her fathers side: Florence and Jacob, and none on her mothers. She's met them once or twice on special occasions.

Delphine's grandparents on her mother's side live in Lyon while her grandparents on her father's side live in Marseilles. She visits them for a few weeks at a time during the summer.

lesson five

--- ASSIGNMENT WC: 204

Delphine sat in the classroom, head resting against the palm of her hand. It had only been a few hours into the day and already the young brunette was bored out of her mind. Normally she spent the summers with her grandparents or just at home, but this year that had obviously changed. Now she was stuck in a classroom with dimwitted muggleborns who knew nothing of the school they were all going to attend in September. A school that Delphine didn't even want to attend herself. Even if Delphine knew nothing about Hogwarts, she still had some semblance of what a magic school was like.

When the teachers announced that they were taking a break for the afternoon, Delphine shot out of her seat. On the first day of the school, she had taken a look inside all of the nooks and crannies of the class and had discovered an origami book. She had seen them before in some of the shops she had been to but never had she made one. Grabbing the book, hoping that it came with some papers, Delphine went outside and set herself up on one of the picnic tables available.

At least there was something to do.

- EXTRA CREDIT

( it's not about just being out with all our people )