New students: when you go to fill out the Sorting Form, we recommend you switch to another theme. Right now the form is not very easy to read on Castle theme. You can find the theme switcher at the bottom left corner of every page.

• Announcements

• Weasley

How to get sorted   05/13/2017

To find the Sorting Form, click on the "Sort Me!" tab at the top of the page.    Before you go to fill out the form, make sure that you have a username that follows our rules. If you don't, your form will be rejected. You can change your name once yourself, by going to Account Settings -> Display Name. If you've already used your one change, you can request a name change in this topic. Be sure to read the first post in the topic carefully so we can get you updated without any back and forth.   Don't rush to answer the form! There's no prize for sending it in first. Please take your time and fill out the form thoughtfully, so the hat will have the information it needs to put your character in the right house.     Calendar: Sorting Form appears: Saturday, May 13th Sorting Form closes: Friday, June 9th (No forms will be accepted after this date) The Sorting Ceremony closes: Sunday, June 11th, about 10am Central Time You find out your new house: Sunday, June 11th, 11 am Central Time First day of the new school year: Monday, June 12th   (For reference: Central Time Zone includes Chicago, Illinois)   How to get sorted:   1. Register with a name that follows our rules. The registration agreement explains the rules about names. You can also find them in the Rules.   2. Remember you may only send in one form total for this school year. If you send forms in from multiple accounts, we will not sort ANY of them. Then we have to feel bad about not sorting you. Don't make us feel bad, please.   3. Click on the Sort Me tab and fill out the sorting form as thoroughly as possible. The better we understand your character, the more likely we can put you in the right house. See "How to use the form" below if you're confused. For some in depth information on each house, please check out this topic on sorting. (Note: After you fill out the form, a copy will be PMed to you. Please save that because we delete them from our system after sorting.)   4. Wait for a PM from the Sorting Hat. Be patient, it could take a few days. If you don't receive a PM from the Sorting Hat within 4 or 5 days, contact one of the moderators.   5. If your form is: Accepted: Congratulations! You should now go post in the Sorting Ceremony topic in the New Member resources forum. This is very important. This post is where you'll go to find out what the Sorting Hat had to say about you. Don't skip this step! Rejected: Don't worry, you can still be sorted. Be sure to read the reasons for the rejection carefully, then edit your form (just click on the Get Sorted! link again) to fix the problem. Once you've done that, you can send the form in again. 6. That's it! Once you've gotten your acceptance letter AND posted in the Sorting Ceremony, you're all set. You'll find out where the Sorting Hat put you on Sorting day when you can check the Great Hall for the edited Sorting Ceremony.   How to use the form: The form is pretty straightforward and user friendly. Here are a couple tips: You don't need to fill the whole thing in at one sitting. You can finish one page at a time and save it. Then finish the rest later. Don't use your browser's Back or Forward buttons. Use the buttons in the form to Navigate.  If you don't fill out all the questions on a page, you can't save or move on. If you don't meet the word number requirements in the In Depth section, you can't submit the form. Use the "Check Word Count" buttons to see how many words you've used. If you fill in the wrong answers on the quiz page, you won't be able to submit the form. After you've submitted the form, you can't access it anymore. But if your form is rejected, you'll be able to see it again with your old answers still filled in. Still have questions? Ask here.    Note: Section I: Short Answer Please include a brief explanation with each answer. I'd like to remind you all to include an explanation with all the short answer questions. The answers to those questions aren't very useful for sorting unless you explain them.   Otherwise, we don't have enough information to sort you with. (Translation: we'll have to reject it.)     Many thanks as always to Arianna Wright for her hard work revising and updating the form and to Faraz Memon for initially coding it many years ago. <3
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fern Blackburn

Fern Beatrix Blackburn

6 posts in this topic

fern beatrix blackburn
★  

2zg6yqx.jpg

★  

basic
miscellaneous
pre-hogwarts
sorting

first year
second year
third year
fourth year
fifth year
sixth year
seventh year
post-hogwarts

★  

Quite the inquisitive mind you’ve got there, Miss Blackburn! I imagine quite a few children your age consider themselves intelligent, but few of them see the world quite as you do, full of beauty and artistry to be examined, explored, consumed and enjoyed. A young lady like you would do quite well in Hufflepuff, where fair-mindedness, hard work, and empathy are encouraged and nurtured, but I’m not sure that’s your strongest suit. Hufflepuffs tend to keep their feet firmly on the ground. You, Miss Blackburn, seem to have your eyes firmly fixed on the sky above. You are an explorer desperately trying to reach the stars. You need wings to fly, and only one Hogwarts house will help you soar... RAVENCLAW!

Edited by Fern Blackburn

the basics

★  ★  ★  

2coletx.jpg

★  ★  ★  

name  Fern Beatrix Blackburn

house  Ravenclaw

birthday  January 22, 2025

hometown  London, England

blood  Muggleborn

five words ★ 

curious ★ always wanting to know more, constantly fascinated and intrigued by what she is learning, going out of her way to absorb more knowledge and perhaps get into mischief while she's at it. a lover of learning, always asking questions.

eccentric ★ she speaks what is on her mind and stands up for what she thinks is right. empathetic and kind, yet fiercely competitve. a lover of nature that hails from the city. artistic yet logical.

quirky ★ known to hum to herself and skip instead of walk at times. unafraid to be alone. borderline obsessed with plants (and magic in general). vegetarian. animal lover. a day dreamer with her head in the clouds

creative ★  thinks outside the box, and in the grey areas between black-and-white. artistic, painter, flower presser, calligraphy doodler, intrigued by dueling. one of her biggest goals is to successfully create her own spell and potion. her correct answers to enter the common room are never typical.

intelligent ★  typical eagle, a lover of books, learning, writing, reading, and doing. always wants to learn more, not uncommon for her head to be buried in a book. 

appearance ★ 

hair color ★ Medium brown

hair style Long, straight locks that are habitually twisted around Fern's fingers. Often down, sometimes up, often with accessories.

eye color  Blue

height  4'8" - ?

other details 

family 

father ★ Clinton Blackburn, Muggle, Car salesman

mother ★ Alisa Blackburn, Muggle, Baker

siblings ★ Harvey Blackburn, three years younger, blood status unknown

hogwarts 

best subject ★ Herbology, Charms

worst subject ★ Potions

extracurricular ★ Dueling Club

favorite place  Library, the one fluffy chair by the windows in the Ravenclaw common room, the Greenhouses, the Astronomy tower at night when no one else is around, Dueling Chambers

least favorite place ★ The Dungeons

scary staff ★ Carter

inspiring staff ★ 

miscellaneous ★ 

interests/hobbies ★ Reading, painting, plants and creatures, dueling

potential after hogwarts ★  Herbologist? Magizoologist?

Edited by Fern Blackburn

in depth
★  ★  ★  

fern  a plant
beatrix ★ feminine form of latin word 'viatrix' ; voyager, traveller
blackburn ★ derived from old english word 'burn', meaning 'stream' ; where water is muddy

background 

astrology 

aquarius  january 22 ★ Born with Sun in Aquarius/Sun opposite Jupiter/Sun conjunct Saturn, Fern is open-minded, honest, and larger than life. She wants to see, learn and explore, gain knowledge, is vibrant and out of the ordinary. Still, she feels pressure to be responsible, and lives with discipline for herself. Moon in Aries/Moon sextile Venus/Moon square Saturn, she is emotionally independent and loves a challenge. Is direct, honest, and charming. 

house: ravenclaw 

noted for her intelligence. Fern very much fits the typical Ravenclaw mold- she is intelligent, academic, and loves to learn. As a result of this, she often has her nose buried in a book. However, given her star sign, she also has a sharp temper, especially if it has to do with ignorance or intolerance. She is indeed witty, and not all may get her humor, but Fern doesn't really care- or maybe it's that she just doesn't notice. Loyal and kind, she could give a Hufflepuff a run for their galleons.

wand 

10¼ inch 

english oak  strength, loyalty, and driven to those who affinity to nature, creatures and plants

unicorn tail ★ faithful and consistent, this core is attached to Fern as she is to it. Unlikely to turn to Dark Arts, just like the witch who owns it.

amortentia scents  lavender,

boggart form

patronus form

Edited by Fern Blackburn

pre-hogwarts

★  ★  ★  

roleplays 

A permanent First Impression rowan allard

With my Feet on the Ground and my Head in the Clouds ★ earthya longard

Lunctime is the Right Time (For Practice) kacie weaver & terrance craft

Taking an Elevon o'clock Train Going Anywhere aspen brown

pre-hogwarts primary workbook

Edited by Fern Blackburn

sorting
★  ★  ★  

the sorting ceremony

Fern Beatrix Blackburn was in awe. It felt as if her jaw had been hanging open all day, ever since she stumbled- literally stumbled- onto Platform 9 3/4. She knew that nothing should surprise her, she had spent all summer preparing for this moment after all, yet none of her experiences all day ceased to amaze her.

The ride on the Hogwarts Express seemed to drag on for an eternity. The British witch tried to distract herself with a book, but it was a rare occasion that it failed to keep her mind occupied. She gave up after the first hour, and loaded up on these new sweets from the trolley, making sure to avoid the every flavour beans- the Muggleborn was still weary to try these ones. She hummed to herself as she stared out the wide windows of the crimson train, sucking on a licorice wand, watching the sky darken by the minute. No doubt, the seemingly endless ride was soon coming to a close, and the brunette could feel them slowly decelerating. The young girl adored that students travelled to and from school by train, such a simple way; she supposed it may be to make it easier on those like herself, who just now becoming immersed in this magical world.

The more the Hogwarts Express slowed down, the faster Fern’s heart was beating. She was anxious, nervous, and most of all excited for this new life of hers that was about to begin. De-boarding the train reminded her of when an airplane landed, everyone anxious to finally stretch their legs and leave the vessel they were in behind, and the amount of bodies caused a traffic jump. She chuckled to herself as she twisted her long dark hair around her finger, wondering how many of her peers had ever been on airplane themselves. As she finally stepped into the cool Autumn air, the young girl couldn’t help but gasp as she finally saw Hogwarts for the first time. Her eyes scanned up and down the massive castle, and she momentarily felt glued to where she was standing. It was even more impressive than she had imagined, and she had extremely high hopes to begin with.

Heart still racing, she heard a voice calling for first years to break away from the rest of the students. Fern wrapped her thick, dark cloak around her tighter as she shuffled towards the crowd of first years, eyes darting across the group. These would be her classmates, her peers, some would be her friends and maybe some would be enemies- and some she were to even share a dorm room with. The group of the youngest students to attend the school this year were directed towards a lake, where there were several boats awaiting.

Following directions, Fern climbed right into the closest one to her, and once it was full, they were off. She hadn’t even noticed that there were no oars to row the rickety old boats until they started moving by themselves, clearly enchanted. A grin formed on the girl’s face, and she couldn’t shake it off- this place was incredible! Her bewilderment was soon enough replaced with anxiousness; if the Hogwart’s Express seemed to a while, this boat ride would put it to shame. ‘Like watching water boil.’ her mother’s voice rang out in her head. She assumed this meant that when you wanted something badly enough, it always took longer, or something to that nature.

But at long last, the rowboats made it to the other side of the Black Lake, and the first years were directed into the castle. This must be the Sorting Ceremony- she knew it. The Muggleborn witch had been eager to learn as much about the wizarding world as she could before starting school, curious as she was and eager to learn. She was realizing she had read so much, but she was still unsure how they were all to get sorted. She almost didn’t care how anymore, she just wanted it to be over, and was hopeful that they were to be sorted by last name- she could hardly wait any longer, her brain working in overdrive, concocting scenario after scenario about what might happen, the daydreamer in her coming to life.

A... hat? All that was in front of them was a stool, with a hat on it. She was a bit unimpressed at first, but once it came to my life and starting singing, she took that back. Fern swore she held her breath the entire song that the Sorting Hat sang, about the four houses and history, and then finally, finally, the moment they had all been waiting for.

”Blackburn, Fern.”

She froze for a moment, and her heart skipped a beat as she realized the time had finally come. The witch made her way to the stool and took a seat, closing her eyes in anticipation, finally about to learn where her home at Hogwarts would be.

"Quite the inquisitive mind you’ve got there, Miss Blackburn! I imagine quite a few children your age consider themselves intelligent, but few of them see the world quite as you do, full of beauty and artistry to be examined, explored, consumed and enjoyed. A young lady like you would do quite well in Hufflepuff, where fair-mindedness, hard work, and empathy are encouraged and nurtured, but I’m not sure that’s your strongest suit. Hufflepuffs tend to keep their feet firmly on the ground. You, Miss Blackburn, seem to have your eyes firmly fixed on the sky above. You are an explorer desperately trying to reach the stars. You need wings to fly, and only one Hogwarts house will help you soar... RAVENCLAW!"

Edited by Fern Blackburn

first year

★      

roleplays

Going Stair-crazy ★  juan garcia, seeley pichardo, sophie downes, stairs
Halt, who goes there?
★  selena watkins, karen davies, Ravenclaw CR
A Very Quidditch Picnic (mentor thread)
★  erika krauss, dylan pruett, the Pitch
What you don't know won't hurt you
★ selena watkins, professor grim, corridors
hoping for the best just hoping nothing happens