• Announcements

• Weasley

How to get sorted   10/05/2017

To find the Sorting Form, click on the "Sort Me!" tab at the top of the page.    Before you go to fill out the form, make sure that you have a username that follows our rules. If you don't, your form will be rejected. You can change your name once yourself, by going to Account Settings -> Display Name. If you've already used your one change, you can request a name change in this topic. Be sure to read the first post in the topic carefully so we can get you updated without any back and forth.   Don't rush to answer the form! There's no prize for sending it in first. Please take your time and fill out the form thoughtfully, so the hat will have the information it needs to put your character in the right house.     Calendar: Sorting Form appears: Thursday, October 5th Sorting Form closes: Friday, November 3rd (No forms will be accepted after this date) The Sorting Ceremony closes: Sunday, November 5th, about 10am Central Time You find out your new house: Sunday, November 5th, 11 am Central Time First day of the new school year: Monday, November 6th   (For reference: Central Time Zone includes Chicago, Illinois)   How to get sorted:   1. Register with a name that follows our rules. The registration agreement explains the rules about names. You can also find them in the Rules.   2. Remember you may only send in one form total for this school year. If you send forms in from multiple accounts, we will not sort ANY of them. Then we have to feel bad about not sorting you. Don't make us feel bad, please.   3. Click on the Sort Me tab and fill out the sorting form as thoroughly as possible. The better we understand your character, the more likely we can put you in the right house. See "How to use the form" below if you're confused. For some in depth information on each house, please check out this topic on sorting. (Note: After you fill out the form, a copy will be PMed to you. Please save that because we delete them from our system after sorting.)   4. Wait for a PM from the Sorting Hat. Be patient, it could take a few days. If you don't receive a PM from the Sorting Hat within 4 or 5 days, contact one of the moderators.   5. If your form is: Accepted: Congratulations! You should now go post in the Sorting Ceremony topic in the New Member resources forum. This is very important. This post is where you'll go to find out what the Sorting Hat had to say about you. Don't skip this step! Rejected: Don't worry, you can still be sorted. Be sure to read the reasons for the rejection carefully, then edit your form (just click on the Get Sorted! link again) to fix the problem. Once you've done that, you can send the form in again. 6. That's it! Once you've gotten your acceptance letter AND posted in the Sorting Ceremony, you're all set. You'll find out where the Sorting Hat put you on Sorting day when you can check the Great Hall for the edited Sorting Ceremony.   How to use the form: The form is pretty straightforward and user friendly. Here are a couple tips: You don't need to fill the whole thing in at one sitting. You can finish one page at a time and save it. Then finish the rest later. Don't use your browser's Back or Forward buttons. Use the buttons in the form to Navigate.  If you don't fill out all the questions on a page, you can't save or move on. If you don't meet the word number requirements in the In Depth section, you can't submit the form. Use the "Check Word Count" buttons to see how many words you've used. If you fill in the wrong answers on the quiz page, you won't be able to submit the form. After you've submitted the form, you can't access it anymore. But if your form is rejected, you'll be able to see it again with your old answers still filled in. Still have questions? Ask here.    Note: Section I: Short Answer Please include a brief explanation with each answer. I'd like to remind you all to include an explanation with all the short answer questions. The answers to those questions aren't very useful for sorting unless you explain them.   Otherwise, we don't have enough information to sort you with. (Translation: we'll have to reject it.)     Many thanks as always to Arianna Wright for her hard work revising and updating the form and to Faraz Memon for initially coding it many years ago. <3
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
London Yates

Counting doesn't count when you're this mad.

5 posts in this topic

Standing in the very room, the very spot in which the two had added solidarity into their friendship, London couldn't believe how much of a fool he been for trusting Ethan.

He had briefly talked to Alice and had managed to clear up most of his actions with her but he still couldn't get over what Ethan had said to her on the train. Standing looking at his trophy for second place in last year's tournament London was at a loss.

Looking through misty eyes he placed his trophy back into it's sea of gold, silver and bronze. How could he let this go? Ethan had helped London so much with his anger that he didn't know how to even control this rage that was building up inside of him.

Hearing footsteps London quietly spoke under his breath "Don't be Ethan, don't be Ethan... " But his silent prayes were for naught as it was. "Yo, Constantine!" Ethan called out, "If that's your real name." He called out trying to make a joke.

London hated his real name, and had began to act irrationaly. Gripping his wand while pointing to the door behind Ethan London spoke his incantation "Alohoki!" Watching his spell hit the door it swung shut, locking the two inside the room. It was clear that they weren't going anywhere any time soon.

Ethan gave London permission to GM

Edited by London Yates

He had not seen London at all, sure he seen him during the sorting feast, but they didn’t talk. There were new people and they had not had time. He wanted to make sure that he was alright, after what happened when they were in London. Hoping that he was alright, his father seemed mad, though that was all. That he didn’t follow the rules. Ms. Smith was not happy at all that he came home a lot later, he didn’t know how long they were out that day.

As the first few days of the new year have past, Ethan has learned his classes are still hard but also easy. It was something he was able to pick up on, but he needed to go find London. He got detention, and wanted to let him know. Who knew being with Prefects you could get detention. He was sure that London was going to get a laugh out of it.

Making his way to the trophy room, he wanted to see if it was cleaned up, he did throw a lot of mud around. But they were trying to get the niffler, that was somehow got in there. Not going to say how it happened at all.

Walking buy the trophy room he saw that London was there, and decided to call him the name that his father called him. “Yo, Constantine. If that’s your real name.” He started to laugh, he thought it was funny. This would be the only time he would use that name. Since he liked London a lot better.

He walked into and then out of nowhere London locked the door on them. What was the matter, why was London do mad? “Alright I get the picture I won’t call you by that name ever again, just unlock the door.” Ethan didn’t know what was going on, but he was getting scared. “Also I’ve been looking for you. I got detention.” He was laughing, thinking about why, but not detention. That was not fun, thank goodness for Alaska letting him get on her broom. But those brooms were not safe at all, they were falling from time to time. “It is a funny story.” But London didn’t look happy or laughing about the fact he got detention, Ethan thought it was funny, since he was someone that never did anything wrong, or broke rules.

“ETHAN, IF THAT IS WHO YOU REALLY ARE. SHUT UP.”

Ethan just stopped everything, even his thoughts, why in the world was London yelling at him. What in the world did Ethan do to make London so upset, he was more confused now then he was in the dueling chamber, and that was because he wanted to see what a spell did to him?

London let me GM him <3

Edited by Ethan Smith

Why was this a re-occuring pattern with London and Ethan? They would fight, then make up, fight, make up... But this time it felt different... Friendship ending different. Was what Ethan said to Alice really effected London this much that he couldn't see past what was right, and what was wrong?

Yes.

"Ethan, if that is who you really are, Shut up!" London snarld, wand still pointing to the second year. "Once again you had me fooled." The eagle spoke soft. Small ammounts of mist began to collect in his eyes as he continued to question their now so called friendship.

"Did you not think I would find out?" He spoke "Did you not think that this wouldn't hurt me?" Raising one hand in the air as if it was an actual question. "Ethan, how much is our friendship worth? Because right now, honestly... It feels like a door prize."

Edited by London Yates

Wow, just wow. He didn’t know what to do at all. After London told him to shut up, he just stood there. Not knowing that was happening at all, he just wanted to go find his friend and tell him about his first week at Hogwarts. Though London was mad at him for something, and he didn’t know what for.

Had him fool, what was London talking about. How did he fool him, he had not seen him since that night in London a month before school started, so what could have done to make him so upset, it’s not like he talked to him?

“Hurt you? Why would I hurt you, London you are one of my first friends, that I have ever had?” He didn’t have any friends back home, not one in his muggle life. Ethan wouldn’t even want to hurt London at all, they had moments in their friendship, to where it just might all go downhill. But they were able to fix it. Right? “London,” He said not moving at all, he didn’t know what was going to happen at all, he was just standing there thinking about everything. “Our friendship is worth everything. You are not a door prize at all, you are one of my best friends at this school.”

He had a few friends in his year, and one best friend in his year. But London was one of the first people that he meets in the chamber that because his friend. He would want to ruin that at all. He was still trying to think about what he did wrong, what it was that he did to make London so upset. Though at this moment….” OH…” he said as he just remembers everything that happened on the train, he was there, he listened in, and all Ethan wanted to do was to make Alice feel better.

He just went to sit on the floor, well this whole thing took a turn. “I was just trying to make her feel better.” He said in a low voice looking down on the ground.

How was it that Ethan didn't understand what London was saying? Standing perplexed London wasn't going to come right out and say he was spying on them but at the same time. London needed Ethan to know what he had done wrong.

Ethan continued to talk, which would have made London feel better if he wasn't a Yates. Because then at least he could have had some sympathy for the situation. "Am I?" He retorted. "Because I'm starting to think it's a little funny how you show your affection, Ethan." London snarled.

Then it finally happened "Oh is right Ethan." London's anger didn't register the time it took for Ethan to connect the dots, it wasn't that London wanted to watch the Badger feel this way. But betraying his friendship wasn't something that London took lightly. "You did the best for Alice, but the worst for me." Finally lowering his arm London began to walk to the door as his friend sat in silence. "Alohamora!" Flicking his wand as Ethan spoke.

Halfway out the door, London stopped giving himself the last word. "And here I thought I finally found someone..." He began to choke on his words "Who could look past my anger and flaws. Guess I was wrong."

The End

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0