#1 Alice Reed

Alice Reed

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 3rd Year
  • 775 posts
  • Quidditch Points:210
  • Wizard Points:172

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:03 AM

There hadn't been a single letter back from London all summer.  Alice had written regularly just as she promised but he hadn't responded to a single owl she had sent.  Not even when she owled him some of the herbs from her father's garden nor one of his favorite hamburgers cooked fresh by her dad.  Not a peep from him

Alice wondered what was wrong and planned to ask him once they were settled on the train heading back to Hogwarts. 

Unfortunately, that was not to be as she did find him in a compartment but he seemed to be in conversation with another second year female student.  Realizing now, why he did not write her back, Alice simply found an empty compartment and settled in by herself, leaning her head on the window and just watching the countryside begin to roll on by.

#2 Ethan Smith

Ethan Smith

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 2nd Year
  • 967 posts
  • Wizard Points:150

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:28 AM

Summer was over, and for a kid to think that it was a good thing was a crazy kid. But Ethan was now in his second year at Hogwarts. He still couldn’t believe that he was a wizard, but it was true. Ms. Smith got him to Kings Crossing right on time. He has talked to his friends and enemies in his year. Had snacks with his best friend and a prefect. Now he was walking around again, it was his favorite thing to do. Find people he didn’t know and talk to them.

As he was walking around, he saw many people inside compartments together. As he was kept walking he saw London with someone that was not Alice. Sure he saw London once in London while he was doing a task for Ms. Smith it ended with his father coming around. But he was talking to someone, and that someone was not Alice. The last he knew; they were getting closer together. He didn’t much about teenagers, he was only a preteen.

He decided not to brother London, he was sure they were on good terms, but he just didn’t want to bother him. More walking around he saw Alice sitting alone. That was just not something Ethan liked about at all. So he walked in, “Hey Alice, mind if I sit with you.” He said, he didn’t really know what to say at this moment in time. But he was sure something would come to him.

Edited by Ethan Smith, 03 January 2017 - 04:29 AM.

#3 Alice Reed

Alice Reed

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 3rd Year
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:15 AM

Alice figured Ethan would be with one of his friends like Dafydd or . . .

Must.Not.Think.Of.That.Name.

*sniffle*

Alice tried to sit up a little straighter, and did her best to manage a smile for her housemate and friend.  "Hi Ethan," she said quietly.  "Sure, why not," she assured him indicating the empty seating across from her before going back to looking out the train window but yet seeing nothing.  "How was your summer?" she asked her friend, quietly.  She would do her best to try to sound as normal as possible but Alice could only fake it so far and that wasn't very far at all. 

#4 Ethan Smith

Ethan Smith

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 2nd Year
  • 967 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:59 AM

Ethan wasn’t knowing what he was really doing at this moment. When he walked towards her compartment. All he knew is that he saw London with someone else, and Alice alone. That was not something that Ethan thought would be the case.

As he walked in he heard a little sniffle, was that coming from Alice, there was no one else in the compartment with her. He just didn’t know how to ask her if she was alright, because he was not good at those things. He was good at being friends and giving advice and school and things like that.

“Thanks, and it was non-eventful.” He decided not to talk about the adventure with London. He didn’t want to bring it up due to the fact he wasn’t here, and she was alone. “How was yours?” He just went along with the questions at this moment in time. Not knowing what else there was to say. He could tell that there was something wrong. “Alice? Is something brothering you? Do I need to go Hex someone for you?” He said with a little bit of a laugh. 

#5 London Yates

London Yates

Ravenclaw

• Ravenclaw 3rd Year
  • 928 posts
  • Quidditch Points:320
  • Wizard Points:151

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:45 AM

If there was one thing London could label Anjanette, it would that she never shut up. Finally leaving the compartment the two where in he wandered down the hall trying to find one that had either been somehow empty, or abandoned for the time being until the compartments occupants had returned.

With no luck it would seem that he would have to turn back. Then it happened. He saw Alice and he was sure she seen him, picking up his pace he walked past the compartment slamming his back against the compartment next to the one she had occupied. Turning his head slightly so he could see who she was talking to he saw Ethan's curly hair out of the corner of his eye. At least she was talking to him and not someone else.

Thousands of questions raced through his mind, the simplist one being why she had lied to him.. And the simplistic answer was that he should spy on them. In which he did. Dropping to the floor London inched his was closer to the compartment's door as he could hear Ethan speak of Hexing someone. Where they talking about him?

Hello BB's this has been a London invasion post! Carry on with your conversation, and pretend London isn't there spying on you two!

#6 Alice Reed

Alice Reed

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 3rd Year
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:22 AM

If Alice knew that a certain person who shall remain nameless but his name rhymed with London was lurking outside the compartment, I'm not sure what she would have done.  But tears would have definitely been involved.  If you don't believe me, her reaction to Ethan's simple question bears witness to that fact.

"Oh. . . It's noth. . ."

"Londondidn'tanswerasingleletterIsenthimallsummer," she wailed, tears now flowing freely down her cheeks.  "Nothing.  Not one letter from him and I wrote Every.Single.Week.  He didn't even reply when I owled him one of his most favorite hamburger meals that my dad made for him."  Alice reached in her bag for a box of tissues her father and mother had wisely stuck in at the last minute.  Pulling out a couple she began wiping her eyes and blowing her nose.  "What did I do wrong?  Why wouldn't he write me a single note?" she asked Ethan.

#7 Ethan Smith

Ethan Smith

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 2nd Year
  • 967 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:37 AM

What, was she crying? What is he supposed to do, he had never been near another female when they were crying, he didn’t like seeing his friend cry. Also he was trying to understand what was happening and what she was saying. Something about how London had not written her all summer. That didn’t sound like London at all. He knew London, well enough for only being friends with his for a year.

He got up and went to sit next to her, he put his arm around her. “I don’t know what is wrong with him, you are a smart, pretty, and amazing. He is just a butt, who doesn’t understand you are amazing.” He said with a smile, and then he also did remember that one time he did run into him, and then his father came up to him. “I do know that he was on punishment, but other than that. I don’t know what is his issue.” He hoped what he was saying she understood. Since Ethan was 12, he didn’t really understand most of it.

“Alice, you did nothing wrong. It was all London. If he was able to sneak out of his house, he could have sent you a letter telling you what was going on.” What was he going to do with London, break his friends heart?

#8 London Yates

London Yates

Ravenclaw

• Ravenclaw 3rd Year
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:21 AM

It was hard to hear the conversation he wasn't supposed to hear, as being close to the ground caused the train to rattle almost everything in ear shot.

Thankfully Ethan had projected more and what he could hear London did not like. "Pretty?" He repeated without needing to worry about the sound of his voice, it was a strange new feeling for the eagle as the two weren't together, London felt oddly protective of Alice. What was Ethan trying to do?

As his hearing continued to have trouble picking up Alice, he was still able to hear Ethan clearly. And what the badger had said did not sit well with London. It took every once of will power that the eagle had to not stand and barge in to the compartment and the boy off.

sorry my BB'S but Ethan you're brewing up a storm bud. :(

Edited by London Yates, 06 January 2017 - 01:27 AM.

#9 Alice Reed

Alice Reed

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 3rd Year
  • 775 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:23 AM

Sure she realized Ethan was just trying to help her but she still didn't think badly of London even though he hadn't written her.  Half of her was upset that he didn't care enough to write.  The other half was coming up with reasons why he didn't.  He was kidnapped by pirates over the summer.  He was hit by a stupefying spell and wasn't released till last week.  Sure, farfetched but how many times do you make up excuses for someone you care about.  Ergo, her next comment to Ethan's words.  "He's not a butt!" she said firmly.

Of course, she had no knowledge of London's summer escapade so she heard Ethan's words with a different meaning behind them.  "Sneak out?  He had to sneak out?" she asked confused at what Ethan meant.  "But why?"

#10 Ethan Smith

Ethan Smith

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 2nd Year
  • 967 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:51 AM

Alright, so if Ethan knew that London was listening in he wouldn’t have said what he said. But he was a confused 12 year old that didn’t know what words to say. He was just trying to help a friend, and knew that those words he said would come back and haunt him. Though at this moment in time he was trying to think of what to tell Alice to make her feel better.

“Alright, he is not a butt, and I am sure that there are reasons that he was not able to write you.” Sure he still was confused, and trying to think of the right words to tell his friend. He didn’t understand the minds of 13 year olds. One day he might, but today is not that day.

Alice didn’t know what happened this summer, it was a very normal summer beside that one time he ran into London. “I don’t know why he had to sneak out, all I know is that I was walking in London.” Walking in London, with London. That is still very funny. “I ran into him, we went to get something to eat, his father was there and said something about he was going to let him off punishment early and then they were gone.” He didn’t even have time to say bye to his friend at all. He didn’t know what was happening. “So something happened to where he was on punishment and snuck out to London.”

Maybe he should have said something like that first instead of what he did say, but once again he didn’t know what to even say. His friend was crying and he was trying to help.

#11 London Yates

London Yates

Ravenclaw

• Ravenclaw 3rd Year
  • 928 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:57 AM

If London could hear Ethan and Alice, and the fact she had defended him in saying he wasn't a butt, he would of marched right into that compartment and would of tried to work out this problem they were having, but sadly, he didn't.

What got in the way however was his own anger for Ethan.

Sadness had began to mix in with his anger as he started to become the thing that he hated the most. His father, and not his own person like Ethan tried so desperately hard to convince London that he was.

No, he was a Yates. And no matter how hard he had tried to be something he wasn't. He would always be that. A Yates.

London is sad, and is no longer spying! But on the side note, you guys got my 800th post!

#12 Alice Reed

Alice Reed

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 3rd Year
  • 775 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:17 PM

Alice was now more confused than before she boarded the train.  What did Ethan mean by London had to sneak out but apparently, Ethan and London had met up somewhere in London and spent some time together till London was taken back home. 

Alice wasn't sure what to think now knowing that Ethan got to talk to London but she didn't even get a letter.  Alice had cried it all out and stood to get more tissues from her bag in the overhead.  When she did, she took the seat across from Ethan again. 

"Thanks... sorry," she told her friend.  "I guess I'll just have to wait and see if he talks to me at all when we get there later," was her final decision. 

#13 Ethan Smith

Ethan Smith

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 2nd Year
  • 967 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:18 PM

Ethan hoped that London would come find this girl, and explain things better the Ethan could. He didn’t know what happened over the summer at all. He only ran into London for a few hours, that was all. Then his dad showed up. It was not a long trip, most of it was Ethan telling London not to do that because they were in muggle London.

Maybe telling Alice was not the best thing, knowing that London has not wrote her. Ethan was just trying to think of things to say that might make her feel better. Then again he didn’t know if it was working at all.

When Alice got up, he hoped that he did something correct. He should know how to make people feel better, but having friends is still something new to him. He was surprised that some people remembered who he was. His life was odd, and he was used to people forgetting him.

“I am sure that he will come to talk to you, if he’s smart he would.” Ethan said with a smile on his face. Hoping that Alice was going to be alright. Knowing that he would be seeing her all year since they are in the same house. Maybe they can talk again to see how things are working out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ethan smith, aliceinwonderland, backtoschool, vh34

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users