#1 Sophie Downes

Sophie Downes

Hufflepuff 7th Year

• Hufflepuff Prefect
  • 2,060 posts
  • Quidditch Points:560
  • Wizard Points:348

Posted 01 January 2017 - 12:29 AM

The summer break was fast drawing to a close.  After marking yet another day off her calendar, Sophie had resolved that she would succumb to idleness no longer.  She'd come up with a list of things that she wanted to achieve prior to her departing Hogwarts.  The list, if you will, would be her gift to the future of Hufflepuff (and Hogwarts).  

Item one on the list consisted of fixing the state of the Quidditch Team.  Under the rule of one Mercutio Bates and Anna Novak last season had proven one thing- that the team needed cookies.  There was no argument, and if Mercutio was too stubborn to see it, Sophie Downes was not going to stand by an watch him ruin a team (read: build a healthier team).

Action one on item one, enlist the help and support of others.  

"Mummy, I'm going out to do Quidditch things,"  Sophie chirped, giving Mummy a hug, before stepping out the door.

A few moments later, the Hufflepuff arrived (possibly unannounced idk) on Kit's doorstep.  A brave knock on the door, followed by a, "Is Kit home please?  We gotta do Quidditch business things," Soph announced.  

#2 Kermit Princeley

Kermit Princeley

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 4th Year
  • 1,213 posts
  • Quidditch Points:360
  • Wizard Points:206

Posted 01 January 2017 - 12:27 PM

Kermit did not want the summer to end. It had been rather eventful, and for the first time in a while, it had been family orientated. Although he had visited Rosie and Felicity, spoken to Seamus and some others regularly, the trip he had taken to Italy with his parents and sisters was amazing. He was now back home. School was around the corner. Fourth year… a year before he had to worry about OWLs, and a year he would hopefully be able to not ruin a single potion.

[Like that would ever be able to happen.]

Other than seeing his friends Kermit was most looking forward to playing quidditch. They had finally won the cup after like seventeen years, and it felt wonderful. What hadn’t been wonderful was Mercutio’s constant want for the team to be healthy. He and Anna had even yelled at Kermit for trying to find nourishment during the second game. It had struck a pang of sadness through his amphibian loving heart.

‘oooh does kermie have a girlfriend!’ Autumn sung, as someone knocked on the door and his mother answered. Kermit gently shoved the ten year old away as he wondered towards the door, and wondered what was going on.

“If Merc sent you here to get me for a practice, I am so not there. It’s summer! A time for frolicking and eating cookies.”

#3 Sophie Downes

Sophie Downes

Hufflepuff 7th Year

• Hufflepuff Prefect
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:05 PM

Yeah, so perhaps Sophie hadn't thought this through properly.  Her face went bright-red at the mention of Kit's 'girlfriend'.  But Soph didn't have much time to be embarrassed.  All too soon, Kit's Mummy answered the door, and Sophie blurted out a hasty, "Hi Mrs Kit's Mummy.  I brought you cookies,"  in greeting.

She probably didn't actually introduce herself.  oops.  But this was mostly because there was SERIOUS BUSINESS to take care of.  "Kit!"  Soph exclaimed, before grabbing at his hand to tug him toward (where Soph thought would be) his room.  "Not practice.  I need your help though.  We need to plan.  Merc's going to RUIN US.  DESTROY US with his no cookies policy. And I can only do so much.  You gotta help me Kit, for the sake of Hufflepuff Quidditch."

#4 Kermit Princeley

Kermit Princeley

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 4th Year
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

Cookies. He shouldn’t have been surprised that Sophie said she had brought them. The girl was practically part-cookie herself. “Wh-Sophie…” he said, cutting off as she grabbed his hand and started to drag him into the house. They moved just as quickly as she spoke. Kermit understood part of her issue – quidditch, cookies, Merc – as he tried to claim back his hand.

“Soph! Wait, that is my sisters room.” He said quickly. He waved his hand to a door which was to his left. “That’s my room. But… its… not exactly guest ready.”

Comic books were scattered across the room. His bed hadn’t been made, and his Hogwarts trunk was scattered over the floor and desk.

“Plan? Sophie, we cannot just plan a cue against Merc.”

#5 Sophie Downes

Sophie Downes

Hufflepuff 7th Year

• Hufflepuff Prefect
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:52 AM

Sophie thought she knew where she was going.  Because it wasn't as though there could've been that many rooms in the house.  Her chances of guessing the right room to be Kit's room was.... pretty high (for someone who couldn't stats).  And this was exactly why Sophie was surprised when Kit told her that the room she'd been trying to drag him into wasn't actually his.  "Are you sure?"  Sophie asked, a little in disbelief as she gave the look another glance.  "That it isn't your room, I mean..."  And when Kit gestured to the room that was actually his, "...Oh! I didn't see this room."  

Sophie simply shrugged at the part about his room not being guest-ready.  She wasn't a nut like Phil, nor did she have a penchant for tidiness.  But what she did have a penchant for, was snacks.  And as such, the Hufflepuff started rummaging around in Kit's storage places for snacks...because that wasn't creepy at all.

"Where do you keep your-" Soph began, before she was cut short by Kit's statement about how they can't plan a cue against Merc.  She stopped dead in her tracks, turning to look at her team mate with a look that was a mixture between 'whose side are you on' and hurt.  "We....can't?  But we have to.  I- Caelan passed on the cookie-supplying tradition to me before she graduated," sorta anyway, "and I can't fail.  I just can't.  We have to keep cookies in the team...we just have to.  Please help me?"  

;____;

#6 Kermit Princeley

Kermit Princeley

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 4th Year
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:55 AM

He may not live within a mansion, but he liked to believe that the Princeley home was rather large. There were enough bedrooms for all the children, and their parents. The only reason his sisters shared was the fact they couldn't bare to be apart. He guessed it had something to do with a twin bond, and the fact they were practically the same person. "I'm pretty sure it's been my room for my whole life." He snarked, as she suddenly entered. Kermit hurried after her, worried that she would get hurt or would find something embarrassing.

"That's my sock drawer." Kermit said, wondering what the hell she was looking for. He was pleased that she had seemingly stopped, as the draw below was his super secret chocolate frog stash. He knew that she preferred cookies but he wanted his little frogs to be kept safe where he could eat them.

Then Sophie practically pleaded. It was the first time he had seen the energetic seventh year so serious. It was an eye opener to Kermit as he paced the room. On one hand he did not want to be bullied into fruit and exercise. On the other they wanted to win another cup and to so that they needed to stick together.

"I get that it's important to you. It's important to me too! Mercutio can take quidditch way to seriously. I maybe the first person to admit that I am happy Anna has graduated, but she did help to reel him in." He stopped pacing and sighed. "What can we do?"

#7 Sophie Downes

Sophie Downes

Hufflepuff 7th Year

• Hufflepuff Prefect
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:50 AM

It was probably quite fortunate that Sophie was actually relatively harmless.  Had she not been, there might have been a slight problem with the fact that she seemed to have no social boundaries whatsoever.

"Oh...I see," Sophie murmured, the knowledge that she'd been searching in Kit's sock drawer didn't phase her at all.  She kept all sorts of things in her sock drawer.  But her mind quickly moved from snacks to the mission at hand.  Dropping the sock that she'd been holding, the Hufflepuff moved to grabbing Kit's hand because this was obviously SERIOUS BUSINESS - y'know, once he stopped pacing, that was.

You see, this was where she'd hit the wall herself.  She, Sophie Isabella Jin-Ae Downes had no plan, hence why she needed someone smart to help her.  And Kit was the smartest person on Hufflepuff Quidditch that wasn't going to go blabbing to Merc (she hoped).  "We cooooooould...."  Sophie mused, dropping Kit's hand as she thought.  "Maybeeeeee...."  Soph sighed.  This was hard.  "What if Merc thinks we're eating health foods, but it's actually cookies.  We could confound him before each game?  I know the Confunding charm..."  

#8 Kermit Princeley

Kermit Princeley

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 4th Year
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

Her idea had merit. He had to admit that, but he could also see a slight flaw. “As much as I would pauy galleons to see that…” Kermit told her with a smirk. He could just imagine the look on Merc’s face if he found out the truth. “…we would need the entire teams agreement. I don’t see Navi going against one of her best friends. No, we need to play this subtly.”

They would have that plan as ‘plan b’. Every single scheme Kermit had ever planned always had different levels, this one would take some time also. He took back his hand, and opened the drawer underneath the socks. With no hesitiation he took out a couple of peppermint toads and chocolate frogs.

“They aren’t cookies but take your pick.” He told Sophie. “I think we are going to need energy to plan this. I’ll get the parchment!”

Because there was nothing better than decorated sketches and plans. This was an impossible mission – challenge accepted. 

#9 Sophie Downes

Sophie Downes

Hufflepuff 7th Year

• Hufflepuff Prefect
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:38 AM

To be fair, Kit raised some very good points.  Unfortunately, Sophie (the deep thinker she was) was not one for much logic at the best of times.  "I can get them to agree,  I'll bribe them with cookies!"  Sophie exclaimed excitedly, mentally ticking that off the list.  No one had (to her knowledge) turned down a cookie in HUFFLEPUFF QUIDDITCH.  Well, except for Merc, but he'd made them do EXERCISE.  

But Kit wanted to do this subtly, and Sophie didn't want to upset him, especially not after he brought out his own secret stash of snacks that she'd failed to find earlier.  Dang, she knew her sixth sense hadn't been too far off.  "Thank you!  My cookies- your cookies I gave to your Mummy," Soph murmured, before nibbling into the side of a toad.  

"What iffffffffff.....What if we blind him instead?  So he can't see us eating cookies?"  Soph suggested, because she was always a great thinker.  

#10 Kermit Princeley

Kermit Princeley

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 4th Year
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

Bribe with cookies? Well, he knew that would work with many of the team. A lot of them adored Sophie’s cookies… or just food in particular. It was hard, because they all wanted to win, but Kermit also wanted to eat what he wanted. He didn’t care about exercise, or vegetables. He cared about growing taller than the new first years so he didn’t look out of place.

“She’ll love them. Mum has a big sweet tooth.” Kermit told her with a smirk. “It’s why I hide my treats. Well that you having siblings is a chore at times.”

He made sure not to hide anything valuable when he went to school. Anything perishable was normally taken with him. As Sophie came up with more ideas, he laughed a little at the images. Blinding Merc? It would be wonderful.

“I would pay to see that.” He told her. “Maybe we could just tie him up and take over practice ourselves?”

#11 Sophie Downes

Sophie Downes

Hufflepuff 7th Year

• Hufflepuff Prefect
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:45 AM

Oh Kit, if only Sophie knew about your desire to grow taller, she would've recommended a taffy puller.  But instead, Sophie remained oblivious, and nodded to show she understood why he had to keep his treats hidden.  "Good to know you got your smarts from your mummy-" Soph murmured, "-I got my smarts from my Mummy too."  And then Soph decided to clarify a bit further, "she taught me how to bake because she eats too."

That was the second time Kit said he'd pay to see something.  And Sophie was actually easily distracted, so she scribbled 'things to do to Merc that Kit would pay to see' and started a list.  Because that was the point of this right?

Oh wait.

"Take over practice?  That could work.  I'll tackle him and you bite him?"  Soph suggested, before wrinkling her nose a little, "I mean, unless you want me to bite him.  I don't mind..."  

"What if we just dig a hole?  Y'know.... a really big hole"

(No, Sophie, No.)

#12 Kermit Princeley

Kermit Princeley

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 4th Year
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:03 PM

Kermit is smart enough to know not to accept any type of sweet, item or object which had the world ‘puller’ in the title. “That’s awesome. My mum’s more into brewing potions. She tried to teach me when I was younger but I don’t possess any natural talent.” He told her, wrapping a chocolate frog as he did so. He daren’t say that he had almost burnt down his mother’s potion lab.

Even though he was slowly getting virtually rich with all the ideas Sophie was coming up with, he did draw the line at anything that could be considered assault. Besides, he did not want to bite Mercutio, who knew where he had been?

“A large hole?” Kermit repeated, turning to face her. “On the quidditch pitch? Cos’ I don’t know if the refs would be that happy. Unless we explain it is for quidditch purposes?” He wracked his brain for something, and then something occurred to him. “What if we lured Merc to a broom cupboard or something? Lock him there during practice. Just pretend to send him a note from Desmond?”

#13 Mercutio Bates

Mercutio Bates

Hufflepuff 5th Year

• Hufflepuff Prefect
  • 2,434 posts
  • Quidditch Points:428
  • Wizard Points:300

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:06 PM

At home, Mercutio let out a loud sneeze. "Are you getting sick? Desmond asked, looking slightly horrified. They'd just been making out, after all. 

"No, my nose was just suddenly itchy." 

#14 Sophie Downes

Sophie Downes

Hufflepuff 7th Year

• Hufflepuff Prefect
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:49 AM

Sophie nodded politely when Kit talked about potions. “I just like mixing things together to see what happens…I’m not very good with potions either,” Soph chimed in. And by ‘not very good’ she really just meant that she blew things up sometimes.

“Anyway, we’re Hufflepuffs. Our smarts comes from handwork and eating cookies.” Hallmark of a great Hufflepuff right there.

And like a true Hufflepuff, Sophie was secretly thankful that Kit didn’t press the ‘taking over practise’ idea. Because, contrary to popular belief, she really preferred not to be the bitey one or the tackley one. She’d take on for the team if necessary, but this was a little outside her comfort zone.

“Yes, and yes!” Sophie chirped happily, before frowning a little at the idea that the refs wouldn’t be happy about it. “But… hrmmm… that way we can keep an eye on him during the game…” Soph murmured, before thinking “I suppose you’re right though.”

Wait, the note idea was actually really really smart.

“I CAN DO THE GLITTER LOVE NOTE THING AGAIN!” Soph exclaimed excitedly, before elaborating, “I sent Heather one of the red envelopes which shouted at her” The correct term was probably ‘howler’, “And I filled it with glitter, and it shouted lovely things about her. I’ll bring one next time-“ because yes, there will probably be a next time “-and we can do it together.”

#15 Kermit Princeley

Kermit Princeley

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 4th Year
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:39 PM

Blowing up potions was truly brilliant. It was just the aftermath which Kermit had the issue with, the possibility of getting in trouble and not being able to talk himself out of it. “So true. What is a hufflepuff without a cookie?” He said, a rhetorical question which needed no answer.

“That’s a brilliant idea!” Kermit replied, getting just as excited. “I don’t want to be mean to Merc… but as long as we get our point across I am certain that he will understand. I mean, I am certain that he won’t kill us. He will need us on the team, after all.”

Maiming? Possible. Forced push ups? Most certainly.

“Hey, as long as you are here, wanna go fly? There’s a field nearby and we can snack on cookies after.”

There were many questions he had. Who would be helping Mercutio with tryouts? Who would be taking Anna’s place as his co-captain? They were questions that he would not find the answer to until he arrived back at Hogwarts in the upcoming year. 

#16 Sophie Downes

Sophie Downes

Hufflepuff 7th Year

• Hufflepuff Prefect
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:50 AM

This was exactly why Sophie had asked Kit to help her. The moment Kit's rhetorical question came out of his mouth was the moment that Sophie became 200 percent convinced that this decision had been a wise one.

Make that 250 percent when they finally reached agreement into glitter-howlering Merc to spew nice things at him. Kill 'em with kindness - the hallmark of a true Hufflepuff, probably.

Or in Sophie's case, complete idiocy.

"Oh we're not being mean," Soph reassured him, "we'll make sure the loud letter only says nice things." By 'saying' she really meant 'yelling'. "I think Merc would think we were super thoughtful." And by 'super thoughtful', the terms 'completely bonkers' was probably more appropriate.

Nodding as she picked herself up off the ground, Sophie replied, "of course! I'll always fly and eat cookies with you!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cookie-bellion, sophiedownes, closed?, the frog prince, idek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users