#1 Madam Carter

Madam Carter

Librarian

• Hogwarts Staff
  • 805 posts
  • Quidditch Points:368
  • Wizard Points:94

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:09 AM

So. You're dumb and need a tutor. Cool. I can help you with that because I am a good person.

First thing you must do before getting a tutor is read THIS THREAD. Everything on it. I know you're not the swiftest broom, but you can do it. I have faith.

Note: LAST YEAR'S THREADS ARE NO LONGER 'VALID'. That does not mean that you can't finish them. Please finish them. But those tutors are no longer your tutors. You must sign up again.

Secondly, you must fill out the form below. Once you fill it out then you wait. I will PM you once I've found you an appropriate tutor. DO NOT PM me saying that you're still waiting. Once someone is available to be your tutor then you will get one. I'm keeping track of everything. I promise.

[b]Log-in name:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]I need a tutor in the following subject(s):[/b]
[b]I need OWL or NEWT specific tutelage:[/b] yes/no/not applicable
[b]On a scale of 1-5, I am this dumb in my subjects:[/b] (please scale each subject individually, 1 being a 'I'm only kinda dumb' and 5 being a 'I'm so dumb I can't even spell the subject name'.)
[b]I prefer to work with:[/b] one person/a small group/either
[b]Extra info:[/b]

[b]I solemnly swear that I read the FAQ post (please read it, really).[/b] (virtually sign your name here)

Thirdly, this thread does not have a deadline so sign up whenever you feel as if you need a tutor. A new thread will open during the summer break for next year.

#2 Cordelia Waldegrave

Cordelia Waldegrave

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 2nd Year
  • 840 posts
  • Quidditch Points:260
  • Wizard Points:147

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:18 PM

Log-in name: Cordelia Waldegrave
Year: Second
I need a tutor in the following subject(s): Astronomy and History of Mustache Magic
I need OWL or NEWT specific tutelage: No
On a scale of 1-5, I am this dumb in my subjects:

Astronomy: 5
History of Magic: 3

I prefer to work with: Either
Extra info:There's no hope for my child unless personal mustache groomer is a valid career path.

I solemnly swear that I read the FAQ post (please read it, really). Cordelia Waldegrave

#3 Kaelyn Paddock

Kaelyn Paddock

Gryffindor

• Gryffindor 4th Year
  • 1,611 posts
  • Quidditch Points:380
  • Wizard Points:236

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:16 PM

Log-in name: Kaelyn Paddock
Year: Fourth
I need a tutor in the following subject(s): Term 1: HoM, Term 2: Astronomy and Ancient Runes (Note: I'm listing all the subjects that Kaelyn would probably need tutoring in, but since I don't want this to be a heavy RP/time commitment, I would prefer to either have just one tutor helping her in multiple subjects, or one tutor helping her in one subject.)

I need OWL or NEWT specific tutelage: ICly Kae wouldn't think of signing up for this, but since she's taking her OWLs next year it would make sense if she received some I suppose.
On a scale of 1-5, I am this dumb in my subjects: (please scale each subject individually, 1 being a 'I'm only kinda dumb' and 5 being a 'I'm so dumb I can't even spell the subject name'.)

History of Magic: 2

Astronomy:  3

Ancient Runes: 4
I prefer to work with: One person, but I'm not opposed to a small group... I just figure one person will keep things more simple in terms of setting up and finishings up threads
Extra info: Kaelyn paid Desmond to do all her written homework last term, and since she can't rely on him to do that for her this year, she's signing up for tutoring in hopes that it will be like receiving free homework "help" and do a lot of the heavy lifting for her. (i.e. she's hoping she might end up with someone who can just summarize the textbook for her verbally so she won't have to read it, or someone who will offer to write an essay or two for her).  Whether you choose to give her someone like that is up to you, doesn't matter to me either way, that's just going to be her IC perspective walking into her first session.

I solemnly swear that I read the FAQ post (please read it, really). Kaelyn Paddock

Edited by Kaelyn Paddock, 10 January 2017 - 12:03 PM.

#4 Juan Garcia

Juan Garcia

Slytherin

• Slytherin 1st Year
  • 235 posts
  • Quidditch Points:200
  • Wizard Points:50

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:46 AM

Log-in name: Juan Garcia
Year: First
I need a tutor in the following subject(s): Potions, Astronomy
On a scale of 1-5, I am this dumb in my subjects: Potions-5, Astronomy-3
I prefer to work with: No preference
Extra info: Juan will probably try to break rules. He pays semi-attention in class, but he's easily distracted and swears that some of the stuff they're learning doesn't make sense. Potions, he's really a lost cause. All the names go right over his head and he can't understand. Pls help.

I solemnly swear that I read the FAQ post (please read it, really). Juan Garcia

#5 Elaine Stewart

Elaine Stewart

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 4th Year
  • 895 posts
  • Quidditch Points:376
  • Wizard Points:216

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:01 AM

Log-in name: Elaine Stewart
Year: Fourth
I need a tutor in the following subject(s): DADA, Charms
I need OWL or NEWT specific tutelage: yes/no/not applicable

DADA: 2 

Charms : 1 
I prefer to work with: One person 
Extra info: Elaine's not really that bad at either DADA or Charms, but the subjects with a lot of wand-waving involved don't come naturally to her like Herbology and Runes do. Plus, she is an extreme overachiever which is basically the reason why she is here. To get better at the subjects she is the weakest in especially since there is only a couple of years left until OWLs. 

I solemnly swear that I read the FAQ post (please read it, really). Elaine Stewart

#6 Zara Anguariz

Zara Anguariz

Slytherin

• Slytherin 3rd Year
  • 1,335 posts
  • Quidditch Points:320
  • Wizard Points:183

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

Log-in name: Zara Anguariz
Year: Third
I need a tutor in the following subject(s): Astronomy
On a scale of 1-5, I am this dumb in my subjects: Astronomy-3
I prefer to work with: No preference
Extra info: Zara doesn't like Astronomy and feels like it is a worthless subject. She will probably try to convince you that it shouldn't be part of the Hogwarts curriculum.

I solemnly swear that I read the FAQ post (please read it, really). Zara Anguariz

#7 Margaret Schoenberger

Margaret Schoenberger

Hufflepuff

• Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:41 AM

Log-in name: Margaret Schoenberger
I need a tutor in the following subject(s): Astronomy
On a scale of 1-5, I am this dumb in my subjects: 2
I prefer to work with: One person
Extra info: Margaret's a smart girl and has been reading her Astronomy books, but she has a difficult time staying up until midnight for class that she feels she's not learning as much as she could be. She should be easy to tutor. I just want to roleplay with an older student. <3

I solemnly swear that I read the FAQ post (please read it, really). Margaret Schoenberger

#8 Daria Selby

Daria Selby

Ravenclaw

• Ravenclaw 2nd Year
  • 64 posts
  • Quidditch Points:210
  • Wizard Points:51

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

Log-in name: Daria Selby
Year: Second
I need a tutor in the following subject(s): Charms, DADA, Potions
I need OWL or NEWT specific tutelage: Not applicable
Charms - 3
DADA - 4
Potions - 2
I prefer to work with: One person, please.
Extra info: It took Daria all of last year to come to terms with her magical abilities. Now she needs help catching up in the subjects that require the most wandwork.

I solemnly swear that I read the FAQ post (please read it, really). Daria Selby

#9 Casper Burridge

Casper Burridge

Gryffindor

• Gryffindor 1st Year
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:28 PM

Log-in name: Casper Burridge
I need a tutor in the following subject(s): Is everything an option? Term one: Potions; Term two: Transfiguration and Charms
I need OWL or NEWT specific tutelage: not applicable

• Potions: 2-3
  • Transfiguration: 5
  • Charms: 5

I prefer to work with: one person is my preference but I am open to anything if that's easier!
Extra info: Casper is really dumb. He's still trying to figure out if he's holding his wand the right way. He knows probably a bit more potions wise because that doesn't tend to require magic and just following instructions which he can do. For transfiguration and charms that requires like... actually extra help because of what was said prior. He isn't too bright when it comes to spell names and how to wave his wand properly according to the spell.

I solemnly swear that I read the FAQ post (please read it, really). Casper Burridge

#10 Alaina Matthews

Alaina Matthews

Ravenclaw

• Ravenclaw 3rd Year
  • 200 posts
  • Wizard Points:71

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:21 PM

Log-in name: Alaina Matthews
Year: Third
I need a tutor in the following subject(s): Transfiguration
I need OWL or NEWT specific tutelage: n/a
On a scale of 1-5, I am this dumb in my subjects: Transfiguration - 2
I prefer to work with: one person (or possibly a small group that is like minded)
Extra info: It's not that Alaina doesn't know the spells or what to do. The subject violates her morals. As a Ravenclaw, she would like to do well, but every time an animal is involved (animate to inanimate, in particular), she gets too emotional. While she could eventually get to the point where she understands it's for education, Knagg's personality spooks her too much to reach that point. Alaina needs a tutor that's compassionate and understanding to help her get there.

I solemnly swear that I read the FAQ post (please read it, really). Alaina Matthews

#11 Terrance Craft

Terrance Craft

Slytherin

• Slytherin 1st Year
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

Log-in name: Terrance Craft
I need a tutor in the following subject(s): Potions & Herbology
I need OWL or NEWT specific tutelage: Not applicable
On a scale of 1-5, I am this dumb in my subjects: Potions - 3; Herbology - 4
I prefer to work with: I'm flexible, feel free to throw me wherever it's easier.
Extra info:  When it comes to brewing potions, Terrance has a knack for making things explode. He's just got dumb luck. Then, with Herbology there's a good chance Terrance will make something die than spring to life.

I solemnly swear that I read the FAQ post (please read it, really). Terrance Craft

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tutoring, sign-ups, vh34

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users