• Announcements

• Weasley

How to get sorted   10/05/2017

To find the Sorting Form, click on the "Sort Me!" tab at the top of the page.    Before you go to fill out the form, make sure that you have a username that follows our rules. If you don't, your form will be rejected. You can change your name once yourself, by going to Account Settings -> Display Name. If you've already used your one change, you can request a name change in this topic. Be sure to read the first post in the topic carefully so we can get you updated without any back and forth.   Don't rush to answer the form! There's no prize for sending it in first. Please take your time and fill out the form thoughtfully, so the hat will have the information it needs to put your character in the right house.     Calendar: Sorting Form appears: Thursday, October 5th Sorting Form closes: Friday, November 3rd (No forms will be accepted after this date) The Sorting Ceremony closes: Sunday, November 5th, about 10am Central Time You find out your new house: Sunday, November 5th, 11 am Central Time First day of the new school year: Monday, November 6th   (For reference: Central Time Zone includes Chicago, Illinois)   How to get sorted:   1. Register with a name that follows our rules. The registration agreement explains the rules about names. You can also find them in the Rules.   2. Remember you may only send in one form total for this school year. If you send forms in from multiple accounts, we will not sort ANY of them. Then we have to feel bad about not sorting you. Don't make us feel bad, please.   3. Click on the Sort Me tab and fill out the sorting form as thoroughly as possible. The better we understand your character, the more likely we can put you in the right house. See "How to use the form" below if you're confused. For some in depth information on each house, please check out this topic on sorting. (Note: After you fill out the form, a copy will be PMed to you. Please save that because we delete them from our system after sorting.)   4. Wait for a PM from the Sorting Hat. Be patient, it could take a few days. If you don't receive a PM from the Sorting Hat within 4 or 5 days, contact one of the moderators.   5. If your form is: Accepted: Congratulations! You should now go post in the Sorting Ceremony topic in the New Member resources forum. This is very important. This post is where you'll go to find out what the Sorting Hat had to say about you. Don't skip this step! Rejected: Don't worry, you can still be sorted. Be sure to read the reasons for the rejection carefully, then edit your form (just click on the Get Sorted! link again) to fix the problem. Once you've done that, you can send the form in again. 6. That's it! Once you've gotten your acceptance letter AND posted in the Sorting Ceremony, you're all set. You'll find out where the Sorting Hat put you on Sorting day when you can check the Great Hall for the edited Sorting Ceremony.   How to use the form: The form is pretty straightforward and user friendly. Here are a couple tips: You don't need to fill the whole thing in at one sitting. You can finish one page at a time and save it. Then finish the rest later. Don't use your browser's Back or Forward buttons. Use the buttons in the form to Navigate.  If you don't fill out all the questions on a page, you can't save or move on. If you don't meet the word number requirements in the In Depth section, you can't submit the form. Use the "Check Word Count" buttons to see how many words you've used. If you fill in the wrong answers on the quiz page, you won't be able to submit the form. After you've submitted the form, you can't access it anymore. But if your form is rejected, you'll be able to see it again with your old answers still filled in. Still have questions? Ask here.    Note: Section I: Short Answer Please include a brief explanation with each answer. I'd like to remind you all to include an explanation with all the short answer questions. The answers to those questions aren't very useful for sorting unless you explain them.   Otherwise, we don't have enough information to sort you with. (Translation: we'll have to reject it.)     Many thanks as always to Arianna Wright for her hard work revising and updating the form and to Faraz Memon for initially coding it many years ago. <3
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
London Yates

Whoa! Something... Medical is happening!

13 posts in this topic

It wasn't London's proudest moment, sure he had done some pretty dumb things since attending hogwarts, but this surely takes the cake. More importantly something keep away from the disapproving mind that is his older brother. Still as it may seem that London puts on a well put together facade, Kimber's opinion meant everything to the eagle and before walking into the hospital wing the second year pulled Ethan in close and gave the ickle his father's most stern look. "Not a word to my brother." London spoke in a clear demanding tone.

"Alice." He turned to his full time unpaid intern. "I can assure you, you know the importance of a secret." The boy spoke low. "And even though Kimber won't care about the condition I am in under no circumstance is he to find out." This wasn't the first time London had given Alice a mission, and this wasn't the first time Alice had seccsessfully accomplished one. Looking back to Ethan, giving the first year a small nod and turning back to Alice with a smile he entered the hospital wing without a clue what to do. Standing at the desk he looked at the attendant before speaking. "Uh... London Yates... Checking in?"

Out Of Character Form:

Patient Name, House & Year: London Yates, Second Year, Ravenclaw

Blood Type & Species: Pureblood

Allergies: None

Have you been treated in the wing before? No

What VH Year & Term/Week does this RP take place: VH33, Term 2, Week 2

Time of Day: Afternoon/ Evening

Damage Location: Left hand

Damage type: Physical, London has a broken hand, poissible broken wrist as well

Summarize: London got into an altercation with a few slytherins as the second quidditch match ended. He punched Lucius' abdominal area which in beknownst to London is made out of steel and basically disentagrated the bones in his hand.

Other: Medically no, but Abigail (remember those slytherins?) will come and join the thread.

She was already annoyed that she had to miss the Quidditch game in favour of fulfilling her duties as a HWA. The quiet only annoyed her more.

There was only so much stock that could fit into the various cupboards and shelves around the Hospital Wing. There was only so much Eppy could do to pretend to look busy—at one point she was fluffing bloody pillows, seriously—until she opted to curl up on one of the visitor chairs, a book open in her lap as she opted to take full advantage of the quiet and catch up on the leisurely type of reading.

Alas, that serenity was short lived.

"Checking in?" Eppy asked, brow furrowing as she closed the book and got to her feet. "This isn't a hotel, it's the Hospital Wing or did you hit your head?" Eppy asked, pursing her lips at the boy.

"Well," she pressed. "Are you going to tell me what happened or do I have to guess?"

London didn't care for the girl's attitude, honestly out of everyone that was a medical asistant in the hospital wing, he would of preffered to see Jacen. Not because he was Madam Braelin's son, or the fact that he was a Ravenclaw but it would seem that he was now going to have to offer his attitude back to the girl.

"I'm sorry, I've never been to the hospital wing before." He spoke "I wasn't aware of the fact that the medical aids weren't educated enough that they didn't know when a student walked through those doors that they needed medical attention."

Lifting his hand carefully to show the girl that he was indeed in pain the eagle quickly thought to himself that for the better half of the school year he had acted like his father and was not amused by it. "I think my hand is broken." The boy spoke once more. "Or do we need to swap you out with someome who is more well suited."

Little kids and their attitudes weren't something she took offence to, if anything his behaviour was cute and Eppy couldn't help but be patronising. "I understand that you've probably had a very tough and tiring day but just so you know," she said, speaking slowly and careful to emphasise each syllable as if she was talking to a toddler, "generally when students walk through the doors they exhibit some form of manners despite the level of pain they might be in." Her lips twisted into a bemused smirk as she shook her head, pushing her hair from her eyes and she leant forward, taking a closer look at his hand.

The sense of entitlement radiated from this boy and his unfounded aura of privilege only made Eppy's lack of empathy for whatever situation he was in grow. "Indeed, it certainly looks like it's broken. Either that or it's a nasty sprain." One hand reached for the wand tucked into the bun atop her head, the other gestured for him to take a seat on the nearest bed. "You can either let me have a look at it..as unsuited as I may be," she looked around the quiet Hospital Wing before turning back to the Ravenclaw boy, "or you can wait for somebody else, that might take a little while though."

Insert sickeningly sweet and patronising smile here.

"Your choice."

Edited by Euphemia Macrae

Alice wasn't one to speak for another when they were quite capable of doing it for themselves. Currently she was here because a) London asked her to accompany him (What? Arm around her waist was asking, wasn't it?) and B) she was worried about him and wanted to know he would be all right.

. .

Of course, she knew the importance of a secret and she assured London of that. There was no reason to discuss things with his older brother after all.

She also knew the importance of getting medical treatment promptly which led them to being at the hospital wing. Familiar with London's ways, Alice thought nothing wrong with the way he addressed the assistant when she came out to them. On the other hand, the assistant's comments were . . . Shall we say maybe a bit condescending? But she let London handle it.

And then the assistant responded.

So much for letting London handle it. Adopting an equally sicky sweet voice and speaking as if explaining to a child as well, Alice spoke up. "And in most hospitals, patients do check in at the desk where they don't get a lecture on how its not a hotel but asked what hurts. And you got the unsuited part right."

Children.

She bit back a groan of annoyance when his little friend addressed her. Where the heck was Tarquin when she actually needed him? He probably actually got to go and watch the Quidditch match. Lucky sod.

Eppy was seriously reconsidering her position on becoming a healer if it meant dealing with smart mouth kids who had no manners.

"Oh shut that mouth up and let me do my job. I have no qualms in silencing you or taking points from a student who lacks manners." Eppy had done her time, earned her right to put rude people in their place...this kid had no idea.

"Now as I said," she turned her attention back to London. "I'm here to look after you or I can get somebody else. Whatever you're comfortable with."

London had become furious at the aid who was supposedly helping him. Was she really accusing him of faking his injury? Or that he wasnt in any pain because be wasnt stumbling into the hospital wing? He was a Yates, and Yates did two things.

1.) Never back down from a fight, and

2.) Never let anyone have the upper hand.

Showing weakness however was something his family didn't do. As he was about to talk back to the girl Alice had but her own two cents into the matter.

His heart swelled as he watched Alice defend him and call her out as a incompetent healer. Turning his attention back to the aid who had now threatened to take points away London scoffed as surely he didon't care what she could do. "Do you really think I care about house points?" (OOC I do so please don't take any away T-T)

As much as he would love to continue to fight and prove the aid wrong, the pain from his hand however was starting to take it's toll. Taking the seat she had gestured to London mumbled under his breath as he looked to the girl. "Now what..." Giving the assistant a cold stare

Edited by London Yates

OCC: Sorry this is late London and Alice

Not a word to his brother, well Ethan never talked to Kimber. The only time they talked was in the chamber. It was not like they had a great friendship. A dueling friendship might be the only the only they have. "Promise, I will not say anything."

He didn't know why he was here. London was hurt but maybe Alice was able to take more care of him. He was just a first year, what did he knew. Also what was going on with the older student. Ethan was not talking at all, he didn't want to get into trouble. He did punch someone. That was just not something he would have ever done in his life. For some reason he stood up for London.

Though he still didn't know why he did that. Not he was just standing there not knowing what to do. Looking at Alice and London. "I really don't know what I am supposed to be doing." He didn't say to loud just enough for London and Alice to hear.

Aurora had just finished a mug of tea in the Professors common room, which despite ten years of serving as the Hospital Wing matron still felt rather foreign to her. Tucking her book under her arm, she had ushered her crup, Sparky out from the room, and Sparky took to walking beside her like the masterfully trained creature he was. She smiled down at him as they approached the grand staircase and made their way up the moving stairs. The nuances of the castle was also something she would never get used to.

Upon entering the Wing, Sparky immediately started barking, alerting her to the presence of students in the wing. Well, she was glad she kept Euphemia on duty instead of letting her go to the Quidditch game. Well, that would have meant sacrificing her own afternoon, and Aurora was so deserving of a few hours to herself... wasn't she? (Not really...)

She raised an eyebrow at her assistant as the crup fell silent after a few more barks. "What's going on?"

"Support..." London snarld to Ethan as the boy questioned the reasoning of his where-abouts "You're here for support."

Turning his attention back to the matter London was becoming impatient as it would seem the aide was only looking at his hand rather than trying to actually heal him. Did he need to remind her that he was in actual pain again or was she going to snap out of her silence by herself? ! Opening his mouth to speak he was quickly cut off by the sound of a dog barking.

Turning to the noise as a woman aproached the group London could only assume that she was the head healer of the hospital wing. Opening his mouth once more to speak only to be interrupted by himself this time as he got a better look at the woman in question.

His mind instantly transported him back to diagon alley where he, and his brother were attacked "Nothing..." London said sheepishly low "Just... Getting my hand.. Checked on." Making sure not to make eye contact with the woman as his free hand went directly to his scar as he began fiddling with the disfigured skin.

Ethan was there for support, alright he could do that. He could support his friend, friend. What an odd word that was still to Ethan. “Support, got it. I will support you.” He didn’t know if that was what he was supposed to say. He didn’t know how to support someone when they were hurt. Getting into a fight was the last thing that Ethan wanted to do, but it happened.

Seeing that London didn’t have anyone helping him, Ethan knew that he had to help out. He wished when he was getting bullied he had someone helping him out. That is what he had to help London. He didn’t really know him that well. Maybe that can change.

Ethan looked over at London as he told the healer that he was just there getting his hand worked on, but his face told a different story. Reading body language was something that Ethan was able to do. It was one way that he was able to get away from fights.

Though he was quite. He was supposed to be there for support, he didn’t want to ask a million questions at all. “Are you alright? Beside your hand London?” He didn’t know if London was hurt anywhere else. He was trying to be supportive. He didn’t know if he was doing this right at all.

She was just about to snap at the younger student for his continued attitude when Madam Braelin-VonHaus entered the Hospital Wing. It would do nobody any favours to show an attitude in her presence and Eppy, despite her irritation with her current patient, didn't want to jeopardise her position as an assistant by letting her annoyance with their attitudes get the better of her.

"He's hurt his hand," Euphemia came her reply to Madam BVH, her face scrunching up in concentration as she examined the swelling. "It's most certainly fractured, a lot of swelling and bruising across the knuckles..." the blonde trailed off and raised a brow at London.

She lowered her voice, not wanting to get the attention of Madam BVH a "So how did you do this? I'm almost certain you didn't punch a bludger."

Despite her irritation moments earlier, Eppy found herself smiling at the other boy who stood loyally by his friends side.

"It's is easy to fix though. Have you broken any bones before? It might feel a little weird, but I've used this spell on my Quidditch team plenty of times." Broken noses and minor fractures were standard in the sport and she was sure London would learn all about that. "What position do you usually play?"

OOC; Sorry for the late reply! Work and holidays got in the way. Check your shops for a lil apology something <3

At the assistant's comment about students who lacked manners, Alice had to swallow the urge to reply with a 'takes one to know one' comment but instead, just focused on seeing London get treatment for his had. She'd seen the pain had increased by the expression his eyes held but before she could call the assistant's attention to that further, the healer had walked in and it seemed as if everyone's temperament took a change for the better.

Well, definitely the assistant's as she now showed capability in explaining the situation to the healer. Hopefully now London's hand could be tended to. Alice chewed a bit on her lower lip when the million galleon question was asked, how had he done it. She knew that whatever answer London gave, she'd back up one hundred percent.

Alice did relax a bit as the assistant began assuring them she knew the correct spell to heal his hand.

OOC: It's okay. It's been that kind of year all around :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0