#21 Abigail Goodfellow

Abigail Goodfellow

Slytherin

• Slytherin 5th Year
  • 559 posts
  • Quidditch Points:440
  • Wizard Points:111

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:45 AM

The appropriate answer to Abby's question was probably "no" but Abby could help. At least a little. So she sat in the chair, faced the mirror, and left her hair at Grover's mercy. Well, Grover and some hopefully helpful instructions and a decently detailed tutorial.

This could totally go well or badly. But Abby had faith in Grover and it would probably end well. Or at least in a still fixable state. "Maybe we should skip the green hair dye. It tends to look awful on blondes." Because those were the important things in life.

#22 Grover Penn

Grover Penn

Slytherin

• Slytherin 5th Year
  • 544 posts
  • Quidditch Points:210
  • Wizard Points:160

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:21 AM

It took a moment for Grover to get over his fear of ruining Abigail’s luscious locks, but once he had, he found the process of dying hair considerably less intimidating.  It helped that Abby was taking immense pity on his overwhelmed soul by cutting green out of the equation.

She said it was because the color looked terrible in blonde hair.  Grover was 99% certain that this was a lie and that the more experienced beautician was showing him mercy in the face of overwhelming adversity.

With a focused (though obviously relieved), “Okay,” Grover pushed the dye aside.

A moment of quiet hung in the air, with Abigail blissfully unaware of the complex thoughts frying Grover’s brain.  He chewed on his lower lip, contemplating the meaning of trust and how it applied to his friendship with Abigail, because they were friends.  This truth had been proven time and time again.

Perhaps it was about time he showed a bit of faith as well.

“… So,” he started, breaking the silence. “I quit my summer job.  Well, was forced to quit, more like.” He elaborated, trying to remain casual, like he was discussing a particularly mundane article in the Daily Prophet. “The first thing I did when I got home from school for the summer was check up on my savings.  Turns out my dad found it first.”  In retrospect, he should have known better than to hide it all under a loose floorboard in his room.  It was the oldest trick in the book, and one of the first venues his parents would have explored if they were hard up for cash. “Jerk didn’t leave so much as a knut behind.  Bad enough my own parents robbed me, but then they had the audacity to act affronted.  ‘Said I was ‘holding out’ on them.”

#23 Abigail Goodfellow

Abigail Goodfellow

Slytherin

• Slytherin 5th Year
  • 559 posts
  • Quidditch Points:440
  • Wizard Points:111

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:42 AM

Abby waited, patient as ever, as Grover settled into the rhythm of dying her hair, her eyes rarely leaving the figure of the blond from the mirror.

When he started talking, Abby was surprised but waited for him to finish before answering. Because Grover opening up didn't always happen, so she was more than happy to sit quietly when it did. "What a crummy person." Except imagine a more explicit term because Abby was horribly unhappy with Grover's dad at the moment. "I can't believe he did that. You really liked that job too," she mumbled, pouting on her friend's behalf. "If you need to put your savings somewhere he can't find it, I've a house full of hiding spaces." Something she was sure Grover had already figured out, considering his propensity for snooping around a bit. "Would you be able to get the job back?" she asked, eyebrow quirked as she watched Grover in the mirror.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vh34 summer, grabby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users