Mole

Ask Anything!

Behati Gadot

Okay, so I'm doing lessons but I'm doing them in a Google docs file and then copying and pasting them into the reply box for my different lessons and for some reason when I paste my text into the text box it pushed my text all the way across the screen instead of starting a new line like it usually does. I don't know why this is happening because it's literally never happened to me before and I've been doing lessons this way literally since Behati got sorted and everything has been fine up until now. I'd like to know how to fix it please because I thought it was just a browser problem but I switched browsers and it's still doing the same thing. Here is a screenshot.

Viola Wayland

Hi @Behati Gadot! I'm sorry this is happening. I don't know of a solution for this off the top of my head, but when dealing with a technical issue like this there are a few other pieces of information that are useful to someone who's trying to replicate your problem in order to help you fix it.

Could you please also let us know ... 

• If you've tried restarting your device? (Sometimes this will resolve mysterious problems that have never been an issue before, if you haven't tried this yet, it's worth a try since it might make your problem magically disappear.)
  • Which browsers you tried?
  • Which skin you're using? (It looks like Castle from your screenshot?)
  • If the problem is occurring only once you've posted, or if you're seeing anything different about your reply box before you press "Submit Reply"?

Until we're able to figure out how to solve your problem, you may be able to transfer your writing by copying and pasting from your Google docs file to another type of file (such as a Word document or a txt file) and then copying and pasting from that file into VH.  This may not preserve your formatting (but you can adjust that in the reply box if you need to) but it might be a temporary fix if you're still experiencing the problem.

Feel free to find me on Discord and I'll do my best to get to the bottom of this with you! :wub: 

Shiloh Paige

Silly Question: Is it okay to post RP in the normal classrooms? Or do they have to go to the Abandoned Classroom subforum?

Like if I wanted to do a thread about messing up the potions chamber, can I post it there or should it go to the abandoned classroom location?

Samuel Han

@Shiloh Paige Yes! You can absolutely post normal RPs in the actual classroom forums. Just keep in mind that the professors might wander by and catch you wreaking havoc. :3

Veronica Dursley

I don't remember if this has been asked or not with the shops being down.

Could we still RP having animals bought from the shop?

Nicodemus Knight

@Veronica Dursley The short answer is yes, within reason.  The longer response from Snape can be found here.

Annaly Dimarco

I'm trying to upload a picture to my profile, but it won't let me. Any idea why?

*haz cookies*

Professor Forchheimer

@Felix Whiskers

Absolutely! Plenty of adults move between countries after they graduate.

Keep in mind:

- Felix should be living in the UK or the Republic of Ireland at 11 in order to go to Hogwarts.

- Even though cannon characters say so in the books on occasion, Hogwarts is not necessarily the “best” wizarding school in the world, so the family moving to London specifically to send Felix to Hogwarts (for example) would more likely be motivated by strong political feelings or sentimental reasons rather than for the best education.

- VH's official restrictions on family can be found here. Basically, you can't be related to an Auror, Death Eater, VH Staff character, or cannon character without special permission, which allows the site as a whole to remain as realistic and true to cannon as possible. Having parents or family from outside of the country or moving as a child is fine.

(And welcome to VH ❤️ )

Julian Banagher

Not sure if this is the right topic to ask this, but are there certain forums where posts don't count for certain tagged characters? I had 4 posts and just made a new post and my post count didn't go up. 

Professor Forchheimer

@Julian Banagher

Answer one: Yes, there are some forums where posts don't count, including the off topic forum and (I'm pretty sure, I will double check) private clubs.

Answer two: It looks like your post count is up to date now. ( <- This is wrong, but the rest might still solve the problem.) If you're polyjuicing between characters, this issue has come up at least once before. It sounds like re-logging in updates the post count properly. If not, come on back here and maybe someone else will have a better answer ❤️

Edited by Professor Forchheimer