Mole

Ask Anything!

84 posts in this topic

So, I was looking through HP canon and I've found like part-vampire/part-humans in the canon. Would someone ever be allowed to apply for a part-vampire? Just curious.  Because some have suggested that perhaps Lorcan d'Eath may have attended Hogwarts? Vampires and humans can intermingle and create part-vampires. What if a vampire and a pureblood had a baby? Would it be magical?

According to this post in the Committee for Character Excellence topic, part-vampires aren't considered to be wizards on VH. They would not be able to attend Hogwarts and they can’t be applied for through the CCE. The child of a vampire and a wizard, then, would be considered to not be magical in the sense that wizards are (such as in being able to perform the kind of magic that wizards can use).

I hope that answers your questions, @Havana Towne.

How do you turn off your signature in a particular post?

Why does it say chocolate frog above my avatar?

Is 68 a small sorting class?  It seems really small, but maybe I just don't remember correctly.

What's the word on the shop and banking systems?

Also, can we not delete our own posts?  *can't figure it out*

Edited by Becky Pottinger
I have more questions, you'd think I was new or something.

Hello @Becky Pottinger!

The new system no longer allows for us to remove our signature for specific posts. You can hide them, but it will hide it on all posts and I believe it will only affect yourself unless you specifically go and remove the signature in your profile settings.

As for the Chocolate Frog, I do believe that is part of the new rank system -- information that can be found here.

Banks and Shops -- I have nothing. I'd assume the task is taking far longer than anyone had anticipated, which is understandable because the forum upgrade was substantial. It'd stand to reason that the task of updating these plugins to work with the new software would be a significant amount of work.

You cannot delete your own posts. You have the option to hide them, but to have them deleted (or moved as the case may be) you can request that in this thread.

Hopefully that answers your questions.

How exactly do linked accounts work?  I want to make sure I understand before I actually link anything.  Is there one main account?  Or are all the accounts equal, just ... linked?  You receive all notifications on all accounts? Can you UN-link them if you decide you don't like it?  Just ... how does it work, what does it do?

Not sure of the mechanics of it but I can answer some hits from the point of view that I have my own few accounts linked 

basically no they're not 'one account' you may switch to briefly log into one or post from one but you still have to switch to them to see the notifications and messages for that account. Basically it just works as a quick change so you can change to check the other accounts with ease, rather than logging back out and going through the trouble of having to log on to a separate account all together. 

If you've ever had accounts linked on google it's kind of the same thing I find. You just go to the button in the corner to switch to another inbox view.

And yes you can unlink if you don't want them together anymore :)

I'm returning to the site after an absence and intending to sort a character in October. And I've been looking around for the bank/shops but I've only seen references and no links.

The new mobile friendly look of the site is either making it confusing to find or they're gone?

Does anyone have a link or am I missing the obvious?

Hi Shiloh!

The bank/shops system is currently unavailable. VH migrated to a new server not long ago, and some of the previous functionalities have yet to be integrated to the new world order - but Weasley (and those helping) are hard at work at getting everything back online! There's also currently no dedicated mobile version of the site too (due to the server upgrade), which is something that Weasley was hoping to address in the future.

You can take a look at the Board Upgrade forum, and put in some search terms, to see what else may have changed.