New students: when you go to fill out the Sorting Form, we recommend you switch to another theme. Right now the form is not very easy to read on Castle theme. You can find the theme switcher at the bottom left corner of every page.

• Announcements

• Weasley

How to get sorted   05/13/2017

To find the Sorting Form, click on the "Sort Me!" tab at the top of the page.    Before you go to fill out the form, make sure that you have a username that follows our rules. If you don't, your form will be rejected. You can change your name once yourself, by going to Account Settings -> Display Name. If you've already used your one change, you can request a name change in this topic. Be sure to read the first post in the topic carefully so we can get you updated without any back and forth.   Don't rush to answer the form! There's no prize for sending it in first. Please take your time and fill out the form thoughtfully, so the hat will have the information it needs to put your character in the right house.     Calendar: Sorting Form appears: Saturday, May 13th Sorting Form closes: Friday, June 9th (No forms will be accepted after this date) The Sorting Ceremony closes: Sunday, June 11th, about 10am Central Time You find out your new house: Sunday, June 11th, 11 am Central Time First day of the new school year: Monday, June 12th   (For reference: Central Time Zone includes Chicago, Illinois)   How to get sorted:   1. Register with a name that follows our rules. The registration agreement explains the rules about names. You can also find them in the Rules.   2. Remember you may only send in one form total for this school year. If you send forms in from multiple accounts, we will not sort ANY of them. Then we have to feel bad about not sorting you. Don't make us feel bad, please.   3. Click on the Sort Me tab and fill out the sorting form as thoroughly as possible. The better we understand your character, the more likely we can put you in the right house. See "How to use the form" below if you're confused. For some in depth information on each house, please check out this topic on sorting. (Note: After you fill out the form, a copy will be PMed to you. Please save that because we delete them from our system after sorting.)   4. Wait for a PM from the Sorting Hat. Be patient, it could take a few days. If you don't receive a PM from the Sorting Hat within 4 or 5 days, contact one of the moderators.   5. If your form is: Accepted: Congratulations! You should now go post in the Sorting Ceremony topic in the New Member resources forum. This is very important. This post is where you'll go to find out what the Sorting Hat had to say about you. Don't skip this step! Rejected: Don't worry, you can still be sorted. Be sure to read the reasons for the rejection carefully, then edit your form (just click on the Get Sorted! link again) to fix the problem. Once you've done that, you can send the form in again. 6. That's it! Once you've gotten your acceptance letter AND posted in the Sorting Ceremony, you're all set. You'll find out where the Sorting Hat put you on Sorting day when you can check the Great Hall for the edited Sorting Ceremony.   How to use the form: The form is pretty straightforward and user friendly. Here are a couple tips: You don't need to fill the whole thing in at one sitting. You can finish one page at a time and save it. Then finish the rest later. Don't use your browser's Back or Forward buttons. Use the buttons in the form to Navigate.  If you don't fill out all the questions on a page, you can't save or move on. If you don't meet the word number requirements in the In Depth section, you can't submit the form. Use the "Check Word Count" buttons to see how many words you've used. If you fill in the wrong answers on the quiz page, you won't be able to submit the form. After you've submitted the form, you can't access it anymore. But if your form is rejected, you'll be able to see it again with your old answers still filled in. Still have questions? Ask here.    Note: Section I: Short Answer Please include a brief explanation with each answer. I'd like to remind you all to include an explanation with all the short answer questions. The answers to those questions aren't very useful for sorting unless you explain them.   Otherwise, we don't have enough information to sort you with. (Translation: we'll have to reject it.)     Many thanks as always to Arianna Wright for her hard work revising and updating the form and to Faraz Memon for initially coding it many years ago. <3
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Navi Wilkes

Navi Wilkes

12 posts in this topic

Navi Wilkes

23yAX1V.png

Basics Family Miscellaneous

Relationships, the key Relationships, the people

Pre-Hogwarts Sorting

First Year Second Year Third Year Fourth Year

Fifth Year Sixth Year Seventh Year

Coding by the wonderful Leonid Stanislaus <3

Header by Hephie Tretucker

Edited by Navi Wilkes

The Basics

Name Navi Evelyn Wilkes

House Hufflepuff

Birthday February 16th, 2020

Hometown Conventry, England

Blood type Half-blood

Five words

Excitable While typically more likely to observe, Navi is very easy to fluster. She will ramble and stammer when upset, but will be equally difficult to quiet if she gets started on a topic of interest. More often than not, she will then be embarrassed by her outburst and shut down.

Reserved Navi is not one to start a conversation or put herself out there. Preferring to observe, she will not shy away from conversation, but she does not always know where to lead discussion from there. Due to this as well, she is not the type to openly share her own problems with someone else. Seeing it as whining, she will do her best to handle it on her own, even if that means doing nothing.

Perspicacious Partially due to her observation of people, Navi is very quick to understand and see to the heart of the matter. While she may be able to read someone's emotions well, that does not mean she will always act on it. Being a quick study, she also excels when presented with a new puzzle or spell.

Diligent Despite understanding quickly, Navi also works incredibly hard to do well. Once she gets involved in something, she will put 110 percent effort into it. This includes studying for classes, challenging herself, and her friendships. She is her own worst critic and can sometimes push herself too far emotionally or physically.

Benevolent Navi is, above all else, incredibly caring of those around her. Even if she does not know someone well, she will do everything in her power to help. Her own troubles and concerns will be pushed to the side if someone needed her, and her protection of others and her friends will lead her to acts she otherwise might not consider.

Appearance

Hair color Brunette

Hair style Her constantly braided, slightly wavy hair hits about mid-shoulder blade down her back

Eye color Green

Height 57" (first year)

Other characteristics She is always wearing a Gringotts key that was her mother's around her neck.

At Hogwarts

Best subject Potions

Worst subject Defense Against the Dark Arts

Extracurricular activities Parkhour, baking, maaaaybe dueling

Favorite place Kitchens

Least favorite place Dueling Chamber

Favorite professor James - she's a wealth of information

Least favorite professor James - she's terrifying and Carter, who doesn't even count as a Professor

Edited by Navi Wilkes

Family

Father's name Zachary Simon Wilkes

Biography/description here Baker Extraordinaire

Zachary Wilkes is a rather successful muggle baker. He lives modestly but wants for little. When younger, he traveled often as he was not one to sit still for long periods of time. Since the death of his wife, he devotes most of his time to creating new recipes and managing the existing bakeries, of which there are twelve in the area surrounding Coventry. He is devoted to his daughter and worried about her leaving.

Mother's name River Saria Wilkes

Biography/description here River Wilkes worked, in her younger years, as a medic with various wizards who studied dragons. It was on one of these trips when she met the muggle Zachary Wilkes who was traveling for entertainment and spices. Years and much travel later, they returned to England with a tiny Navi. When Navi was seven, River contracted Dragon Pox but did not realize before it was too late and she was lost. River had been a pureblood and had resided in Ravenclaw during her time at Hogwarts.

Other important member's name Unknown at this time :_:

Biography/description here Description here

Other family background Navi has a couple of muggle cousins on her father's side, but for obvious reasons, they know nothing about her magical ability. She knows very little about her mother's side. All she has as clues is a Gringotts key and her crescent moon necklace.

Edited by Navi Wilkes

here if desired

Miscellaneous

Amortentia

Scent Scent here

Description here

Astrology

Sign Aquarius

Aquarius is the eleventh house of the Zodiac and rules the circulatory system, shins, and

ankles. Positive traits include brilliance, innovation, individuality, openness, social consciousness, inventiveness, practical skill, and self assertion; negative traits are eccentricity, lack of attachment to people and the "real world," over-intellectualizing of the emotions, a crotchety temper, rigidity, intellectual arrogance, and stubbornness.

House Hufflepuff

Aquarians who are sorted into House Hufflepuff are introverted, but not shy; march to the

beat of a different drummer, but don't wear their weirdness like a flag; socially minded, but highly critical of society. Confused? So are the Hufflepuff Aquarians, but they tend to sort things out eventually. Their minds lean toward the practical side of things - they'd rather invent new and useful spells or gadgets than dwell for hours in hot air theory - and the solutions they find to common problems are brilliantly on target. They like people and want to get along well with everybody, but are uncomfortable with intimacy; so they have lots of acquaintances but few close friends. They have the ability to laugh at most any situation.

Boggart

Form form here

Description here

Patronus

Form form here

Description here

Wand

Wood Pear

This golden-toned wood produces wands of splendid magical powers, which give of their

best in the hands of the warm-hearted, the generous and the wise. Possessors of pear wands are, in my experience, usually popular and well-respected. I do not know of a single instance where a pear wand has been discovered in the possession of a Dark witch or wizard. Pear wands are among the most resilient, and I have often observed that they may still present a remarkable appearance of newness, even after many years of hard use.

CoreUnicorn Hair

Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to

fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard.

Edited by Navi Wilkes

[insert img here if desired]

Relationships The Key

Friendships

acquaintance questioning the writing on the wall

almost friends coming from the underground
friends
laughing as we're falling down
old friend
see it all before the pictures fade
close friends
soaking in the glory of it all
partners in crime
breaking rules and breaking free
confidant
bottle up the feeling in a jar, pass it around to all our friends
best friends
we've got young blood, can't destroy us
best guy friend
we make our own luck in this world
best girl friend
when the sun don't shine we lose our minds, but I swear we can get there
inseparable
if you're lost you can be found, if you follow me until you hear the sound
joined at the hip
if you know we're never backing down

Love

crush on you didn't it all seem new and exciting?

crush on Navi haven't you heard what becomes of curious minds?
flirting
goodness gracious I can't seem to stop
just physical
I wanna hold you close
one night stand
but I never wanna feel ashamed
friends with benefits
So I keep calling at night
fling
I just never wanna hold you tight
have chemistry
I don't think I understand, 'cause I don't really know myself
in denial
swore upon my sun I'd save you for a rainy day
on and off
shake my head dizzy so I'll never know
in love
we found wonderland
loved
we pretended it could last forever
current
you and I got lost in it
past, on good terms
you search the world for something else to make you feel like what we had
past, on bad terms
in the end in wonderland we both went mad

Hate

tension I could be mean

tolerance I could be angry
competitive
you know I could be just like you
rivals
I could be fake
jealous of Navi
I could be stupid
jealous of you
you thought you were standing beside me
scared of you
you're wrong if you think that I'll be just like you
scared of Navi
you were only in my way
annoyed by you
you thought you were there to guide me
annoyed by Navi
I could be cold
irritation
I could be ruthless
dislikes you
I could be weak
dislikes Navi
I could be senseless
intolerable
on my own, 'cause I can't take living with you
hates you
I'm alone, so I won't turn out like you
hates Navi
if you want to get out alive, run for your life
enemies
'til I'm burning on the inside

Other

family mama never left, and daddy needs me here

roommates I can see the path that leads the way
mentor
looking for an exit in this world of fear
mentee
I wish the wind would carry a change
respect
looking through the window to a world of dreams
trust
I can see my future slip away

love/hate honey, you won't get there if you don't believe
co-worker
I've had enough, I'm standing up
classmate
I need, I need a change
bad influence on Navi
Let's start a fire everywhere that we go
bad influence on you
I'm setting fire to the life that I know
good influence on Navi
I've had enough of chasing luck
good influence on you
'til our lives are burning gold
protective of Navi
looking for my ticket to a higher place
protective of you
looking back I see I had the flame in me

Pre-Hogwarts/Unsorted at time of thread
Gryffindor #8b0000
Hufflepuff #b8860b
Ravenclaw #000080
Slytherin #006400
Professor/teacher #008080
Alumni #4b0082
Ambience #8b4513
If name is bolded, they were a prefect at the time of the thread.
If name is bolded and italicized they were head boy/head girl at time of thread

lyrics taken from the following songs: Young Blood by Bea Miller, Goodness Gracious by Ellie Goulding, Wonderland by Taylor Swift, Get Out Alive by Three Days Grace, Just Like You by Three Days Grace, and Burning Gold by Christina Perri

Relationships The People

Gryffindors

Firstname Lastname

insert tags from above key here (separate line for each tag)

VH30 brief description of how the relationship developed during the year; can combine years if there was no change

Firstname Lastname

VH30 brief description of how the relationship developed during the year; can combine years if there was no change

Firstname Lastname

Hufflepuffs

Firstname Lastname

Firstname Lastname

Firstname Lastname

Ravenclaws

Firstname Lastname

Firstname Lastname

Firstname Lastname

Slytherins

Firstname Lastname

Firstname Lastname

Firstname Lastname

Edited by Navi Wilkes

Pre-Hogwarts

Summary

A decent number of shenanigans and meeting of people.

Threads

Out on her own

with Bryony King

Two awkwardly shy girls attempt to navigate an introduction.

Second Star on the Right

with Kimber Yates

A silent, but pleasant introduction.

When Tempering Frustration

with Caspar Darcy

Exploration and a mutual hate of mean people.

Everything Looks Different from Here

with Logan Verbeck

Logan pushes Navi out of her comfort zone.

Enter: Story Mode

with Avara Burrich

Quiet places and fairy tales.

Wow, Cool

with Levi St. Voss, Liam Russo, Arianna Rothfuss, Finch Goodfellow, Bryony King

Fountain Fun.

It's Raining Men

with Clayton Stagg

First flying experience ever.

Need a Little Sweetness in my Life

with Desmond Tonks

Attack of the flaming sweets.

This isn't the Hundred Acre Wood

with Edison Byrnes and Arianna Rothfuss

Late to class, Ed refuses food, #eeyore.

Just Follow the Trail...What Trail?

with Darcy Redmount and Finch Goodfellow

Beef jerky and confusing scents.

Edited by Navi Wilkes

jZIcnT9.png

The Sorting

GM of Casper granted

Luck was on her side that day. Having felt more nervous than any time in her vast eleven years of memory, the brunette had internally rejoiced when she recognized a profile on the train. One of the few wizards she had meant since the reveal of her true nature, Caspar had been one she labeled as friend, even though they’d only met the once. Still, it was more than she had hoped for, and with his greeting, Navi smiled and joined him for the journey.

Punctuated by comfortable silences, much of the journey was spent speculating the world they were entering. Navi could hardly imagine, and she had a pretty substantial imagination. As the train slowed, the witch (yes, she could say that now) felt her pulse spike. They were here. Stepping off, she followed the stream of students, first years, heading away from the crowd. Peeking over her shoulder, the brunette was comforted to see Caspar still behind her. For the moment, he was the one familiar thing. Joining two other kids at the line of boats, Navi squeaked in surprise when it launched itself from the shore. Eyes wide, she searched the boat for a motor but didn’t expect to find one. Magic: 1 Navi: 0

As the boat drifted out onto a larger lake, the girl’s eyes locked on to the glorious, looming castle on the cliff-side. Picturesque and beautiful, Navi doubted Hollywood could have created something this lovely. She felt something warm settle in her chest, and without even crossing the threshold, she knew this place would be home. A pang of guilt sent her eyes to the wooden floor for a moment. She loved her home, the bakery, and her father, but this was where she belonged. This was where mum had been. Still battling her mixed feelings, Navi exited the docked boat with her momentary companions.

Still walking in step with her source of comfort (yes, Caspar, that’s you), the group mounted a set of stairs and stepped into the most glorious hall the girl had ever seen. Eyes darting everywhere, she wanted to poke a candle to see if it floated away, but the moment Navi noticed all the eyes staring in their direction, she froze. Too many, too many.

In desperation, her hand shot out and grabbed Caspar’s, hoping she might keep a level of calm with the nerves that shot through her system. It helped. A little. She didn’t let go as they filed into a line in front of the four long tables. Hating the feeling of being in the spotlight, Navi turned her eyes to the ceiling and couldn’t look away. It looked exactly like the sky outside! “It’s probably both,” she whispered back to Caspar, not looking away. Realizing that magic would probably never cease to amaze her (Magic: 2 Navi: 0), the brunette chanced a glance down and saw all eyes zeroed in on a hat on a stool.

When it began to sing (literally, sing), it took the girl’s entire will power not to jump out of her skin. (Magic: 3 Navi: 0) The process afterwards was oddly simple. Walk forward, wear hat, join table. But Navi didn’t want to wear the hat in front of all. these. people. Couldn’t she just, surreptitiously join a table? Her nerves stayed mostly inward, helped greatly by the fact that Caspar hadn’t taken his hand away, but just as she thought that, she felt his hand slide from hers as he walked forward. Wait, don’t leave me! His turn. She was alone.

Her eyes followed Caspar as he joined his new house, and Navi crossed her arms across her stomach nervously. They were going in alphabetical order. It was going to take forever to get to the Ws, and the line was dwindling quickly. The fewer students, the harder it was to hide.

Wilkes, Navi

By the time she heard the familiar syllables of her name, the brunette was almost shaking with nerves. Why couldn’t this just be over already? Shuffling forward, eyes on the floor, Navi sat on the stool and blissfully welcomed the dark as the hat slipped over her head. Please, just be quick! A pause. Can I follow my friend?

One can't always be following one's friends. Putting other people before yourself is very considerate, but you are as worthy of your own kindness as anybody else is. You're a smart cookie, but I don't think Ravenclaw can teach you the value of your natural positivity and work ethic. Go ahead and learn to love yourself as much as you do your friends in ... HUFFLEPUFF!

Edited by Navi Wilkes

First Year

Summary

Description of main events here.

Threads

Title of thread w. link here

with names here

brief description or quote here, whichever you prefer

with names here

with names here

Report Card

Astrology O* (42pts)

Charms O* (46pts)

Defense Against Dark Arts O* (41pts)

Flying O* (41pts)

Herbology O* (45pts)

History of Magic O* (40pts)

Potions O* (45pts)

Transfiguration O (45pts)

Other Statistics

Starting WP 50

Ending WP 55

Starting post count ~100?

Ending post count 446

House points earned 345 - 10 = 335

Edited by Navi Wilkes

.1 2 3 / 2 0 0

N A V I W I L K E S
* 2ND YEAR * HUFFLEPUFF * LESSON #1 * A + EC

+beauteous lesson coding by Heather Holmes

<3

Duel Two + + +

+ + 3/13/16

Edited by Navi Wilkes

Second Year

Summary

Description of main events here. - will update this eventually...

Threads

with names here

with names here

with names here

Report Card

Astronomy O* (35 pts)