Books must be returned on time

Loud voices will not be tolerated

Do not deface the books or tables

The Restricted Section is restricted

Replace the books where they belong

The librarian is the master of the realm

Books may not be taken outside the castle

AS YOU WALK IN ➤

The library is a complex labyrinth, spanning several levels and sections. The floors and walls are wooden paneling and there are hundreds of dim wall sconces scattered throughout the entire library.

When entering the library, a large cauldron is located in the center of the circular foyer, bubbling madly a Concentration Potion which has been brewed by Madam Carter. This is available for anyone to take a small vial from. Behind the cauldron is the librarian's desk, which is flanked on either side by dual staircases. On your left, the entrance to the Restricted Section. To the right, walls lined with bookcases with several large working tables.

On the upper levels are various sections covering various subjects beyond those studied during lessons. Most bookcases are modular with with a connecting table-top and individual light sources. Small rooms are scattered throughout the entire library for lectures and focus groups.

AS YOU LEAVE ➤

If you intend to check out a book, you must queue at the librarian's desk and wait for her acknowledgment. If Madam Carter is focused deeply on her research, which she is likely to be doing while she sits at her desk, it may take a while. 

If Madam Carter is not at her desk, then you may press on the small muggle bell on her desk. It is silent but will inform her that you're waiting. She'll take her time getting to you.

Checking out a book is a simple process. You must write your name, house and year and the book's call number on the ledger.

SPELLS AND ENCHANTMENTS ➤

There are various spells and charms cast throughout the library to prevent trouble and make things easier for everyone, especially the librarian.

Many of the books are enchanted to stain the hands of anyone who defaces them, especially the newer books.

Book trollies freely move around the library.

If there is a waitlist for a book then you will be handed a piece of enchanted parchment which will inform you when it has been returned. If you have not claimed it within a week, then it will send to the next person on the waitlist or be returned to the shelves.

THE RESTRICTED SECTION ➤

The Restricted Section is restricted to all students. Even with a teacher's note, Madam Carter has the right to refuse entry or will go in and retrieve whatever book it is you are looking for. Seventh Years do not need a note from their professor but will need to sign in with Madam Carter before entering. Books from the Restricted Section cannot be checked out and all review must be done within the library.

THE OFFICE ➤

Located somewhere off the beaten track within the library is an office which Madam Carter may be found in if she is not at the front desk. This office is locked by several different means but can still be broken into with a few unlocking charms. If broken into, the offender will soon be charmed to look incredibly horrible. Their skin will become wrinkled and covered in acne. Their hair will frizz uncontrollably and will become unmanageable. They will start to smell. The only way to fix this will be to return to Madam Carter and hope she's feeling benevolent.

LIBRARY BOOKS

Access information about the library books here.

TUTORING ➤

All information about tutoring can be found here. 

LIBRARY DISPLAYS ➤

All information about displays and monthly themes can be found here.

WORK IN PROGRESS ➤

This information is all a work in progress and will be updated. Please continue to check if you decide to RP in the library.

#2 Madam Carter

Madam Carter

Librarian

• Hogwarts Staff
  • 805 posts
  • Quidditch Points:368
  • Wizard Points:94

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:19 PM

ANNOUNCEMENTS

LAST DAY ➤

Tomorrow is pretty much the last day for all the sign-ups. There are still plenty of places that you can help out. See below for more info on what's available.

TUTORING ➤

Eleven people have signed up to be a tutor. That's great! Unfortunately, only two people have signed up to be tutored. There is no shame in being a dumb-dumb, other than me side-eying you. Don't forget, you can be a tutor in one subject and be tutored in another. 

Also, tell your friends because if no one signs up to be tutored, then just be aware that your chances of getting a pupil is slim to none.

If you wish to be a tutor, then please read this post.

If you wish to be tutored in something, then please read this post.

ASSISTANTS ➤

There are still some available slots for Theme of the Month helpers and the Tutoring Assistant position is still open for applications.

To sign-up to help with Theme of the Month, please read this post

To sign-up to help me with the tutoring program, please read this post.

LIBRARY BOOKS UPDATE ➤

I was worried that no one was going to sign-up to help with this initiative. Feel free to sign-up if you want to help me input a bunch of the books referenced in Cursed Child and Fantastic Beasts (and also the HP Wikia).

If you wish to help me with this, then please read this post.

#3 Madam Carter

Madam Carter

Librarian

• Hogwarts Staff
  • 805 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

ANNOUNCEMENTS

ASSISTANT JOBS ➤

I'm way better at this than I originally anticipated. All the PMs have been sent. If you signed up for something, please check your inboxes.

THEME OF THE MONTH ➤

Just like last year, I'm starting the year off with a Welcome to Hogwarts theme. All the information can be found here

THREAD INVASIONS ➤

If you'd like for me to invade your thread, please post here.

TUTORING ➤

If you have yet to do so, please sign up to be tutored or to be a tutor. We need more dumb-dumbs, in particular. Please read this thread for more information.

#4 Madam Carter

Madam Carter

Librarian

• Hogwarts Staff
  • 805 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

ANNOUNCEMENTS

VHRPC ➤

In case you didn't see the announcement made by Creaseworthy, VHRPC is back. There are plenty of items currently listed in the Theme of the Month which may help you out with this. Please be aware, though, that ToTM does not count as an event within VHRPC and will not gain you bonus tickets.

Also, if you're lacking in History in character, you can sign up for a tutor.

For more info on VHRPC, click here.

For more info on ToTM, click here.

TUTORING ➤

Fifth, Sixth and Seventh years, don't forget that sometimes YOU also need a tutor. You're not all-knowing. Older years are encouraged to sign up for a tutor, as well.

For more info on getting a tutor, click here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: read this first, announcements, information

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users