Phillip Downes

p. downes
I'm always moving forward and not looking back

HQbFEgU.jpg_A1I5Kq2.jpg

ICONS BY ZIONQT @ TUMBLR

Edited by Phillip Downes

Phillip Downes

i. basics
who's that casting devious stares in my direction?

ZQN8YC2_zps87a6414e.png

_____basics
NAME Phillip Ian Ming-Kyung Downes, “Phil”
HOUSE Another Downes eh? My dear boy I already knew where you were meant to go before I even sat on your head. You have a constant need to prove yourself right, Mr. Downes, don't you? Perspicacious is what you are and I'm sure a keen mind like yours doesn't need me to tell you where you belong. You, my boy, are probably one of the most astute minds I've seen all night. You have a bit of a bite to you though, don't you? You have a harsh exterior and a slight hint of self-preservation I see. Well, don't let your porcupine quills get you into too much trouble, Mr. Downes. I'd hate to see you get into a prickly mess with the other eagles of RAVENCLAW!
BIRTHDAY August 22, 2020 [Leo]
NATIONALITY Welsh, Korean
HOMETOWN Hogsmeade
BLOOD TYPE Halfblood
FIVE WORDS Curious, distrustful, orderly, manipulative, arrogant

_____appearance
HAIR COLOR Black
HAIR STYLE Neatly combed to the side
EYES Dark brown
HEIGHT
6'4

OTHER Lanky build with big feet; big ears, thick eyebrows

____________________________rave_zps3e2d9436.png

_____family
FATHER Callum Frederick Downes
Halfblood | former Ravenclaw | Inspector for Dpt. Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
MOTHER Isla Eun-Sun Downes, née Choi
Halfblood | former Hufflepuff | Quidditch Officiator at Hogwarts
SISTER Sophie Isabella Jin-Ae Downes
Halfblood | Hufflepuff Third Year | +1 year

OTHERS
______-- Grandfather ~ Tae Hyun Choi [Muggle | Prof. Emeritus at Newcastle University School of
_____Biomedicine]
_____-- Grandmother ~ Kyun Mi Choi (nee Pak) [Pureblood | Liason to South Korea, British Ministry of Magic]
_____-- Uncle ~ Isaac Chung Ho Choi [Halfblood | former Gryffindor | Auror]
_____-- Aunt ~ Hayley Hye Su Chang (nee Choi) [Halfblood | former Ravenclaw | Accountant at Gringotts]
_____-- Uncle ~ Elim Jin Sang Choi [Halfblood | Graduate Student at King’s College London]

_____at hogwarts
BEST SUBJECTS Transfiguration, Potions
WORST SUBJECTS Flying, Herbology
EXTRACURRICULARS Dueling; Dueling Tournament VH29, VH30, VH31; Quidditch Commentator VH31; Mentoring
FAVORITE PLACE Library or Dueling Chamber
LEAST FAVORITE PLACE Great Hall
INSPIRING STAFF James

_____misc
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES Wizard’s chess, mystery novels (i.e. Sherlock Holmes), survival preparation, listening to WWN, brewing original potions recipes
PLANS AFTER HOGWARTS
LOOKS UP TO
OTHER
_____-- Phil finds cleaning soothing.
_____-- Though he'll never admit it, Phil thinks cats are adorable and loves animals.
_____-- He eats healthy food and thinks dessert is gross.

SIGNATURE BY EPONINE VAN CILLESSEN, MANIP BY MARLENE HANNE

Edited by Phillip Downes

Phillip Downes

ii. miscellaneous

if you get your hopes high then they'll crush you

phil28_zps0ee6c78a-1.png

_____wand
WAND 10 inch walnut, dragon heartstring
WOOD Highly intelligent witches and wizards ought to be offered a walnut wand for trial first, because in nine cases out of ten, the two will find in each other their ideal mate. Walnut wands are often found in the hands of magical innovators and inventors; this is a handsome wood possessed of unusual versatility and adaptability. A note of caution, however: while some woods are difficult to dominate, and may resist the performance of spells that are foreign to their natures, the walnut wand will, once subjugated, perform any task its owner desires, provided that the user is of sufficient brilliance. This makes for a truly lethal weapon in the hands of a witch or wizard of no conscience, for the wand and the wizard may feed from each other in a particularly unhealthy manner.
CORE As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner. The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.

_____boggart
BOGGART A swarm of locusts.
DESCRIPTION Phil has a general fear/dislike of bugs, which would take the form of locusts. Locusts have a very chaotic and destructive nature, which would cause the normally logical and orderly Phil to panic.

_____p a t r o n u s
PATRONUS Porcupine.
DESCRIPTION Porcupines are physically small individuals with an over-abundance of attitude. Probably due to their lack of self-esteem, they have a tendency to seek comfort by putting others down and wit, sarcasm and ridicule are the primary weapons of its oftentimes disagreeable personality. Its reputation as a backstabber is somewhat undeserved, although it has no problem with gossiping about friends and foe alike.

In defense of the porcupine's actions, its barbs are not designed to cause permanent harm. Instead, they're intended as a preemptive attack to protect its own sensitive feelings, and if anyone is wounded by its thorny words the porcupine is quick to come to its victim's aid.

Like other rodent personalities, porcupines are opportunists and are resourceful and creative in their endeavors. Adept at taking advantage of others' mistakes, they are the first to jump on the bandwagon when an opportunity arises.

With their consciously minimalist lifestyle, porcupines' financial needs are limited to the bare essentials of living and their homes are unadorned but functional.

Unambiguous loners, porcupines prefer jobs that reward individual effort and avoid manual labor or work that demands mental concentration. However, if it's lucky enough to find a job that requires a biting tongue, it performs above the call of duty.

The porcupine displays the characteristically sharp mind and opportunistic lifestyle of the rodent personalities, but unable to function successfully in social situations it is limited in its career choices. Of course, a job like postal worker, DMV employee, and IRS agent, matches its prickly personality perfectly.

SIGNATURE BY LEELA TOOR, PATRONUS SOURCE, WAND SOURCE

Edited by Phillip Downes

Phillip Downes

iii. relations
oh heart of steel you reel me in

philandissy_zpsaee1bb15.png

♦ ♦ ♦

BURKE, arviragus
mentor | casual friend

PRYCE, iseult
hate | annoyance | avoidance

♦ ♦ ♦

BATES, mercutio
tbe

DOWNES, sophie
sister | protective of

WILKES, navi
tbe

STANISLAUS, leonid
former dueling mentor | respect

YATES, kimber
dueling buddy | casual friend

♦ ♦ ♦

FORD, connor
hate | disapproves of

WAYLAND, lillian
tba

♦ ♦ ♦

ASHCROFT, kelly
hate | annoyance | rival

WAYLAND, phaedra
unofficial dueling mentor | respect

SHIMAZU, simon
tbe

DOLL BY SOPHIE DOWNES, BASE CREDIT

Edited by Phillip Downes

Phillip Downes

iv. prehogwarts

but there is trouble ahead, I can feel it

phil1_zps8286df18.png

_____summary
The years spent before Phillip’s time at Hogwarts were full of various phases driven by his curiosity. He would find a subject interesting and research it as thoroughly as possible. Some of his phases were knot tying, outdoor survival, and model airplanes. He moved from each fascination, trying to absorb as much information about the world around him as possible.

Meanwhile at home he was surrounded by animals, some of them belonging to the Downes family and many others temporarily housed there while his father, Callum Downes, nursed them back to health. His older sister had many “pets” herself, such as a spider named Hector and various others that Phillip deemed unpleasant. Phillip liked animals, but did find his home to be a bit chaotic for his tastes. He settled for keeping his room tidy and pristine, especially his closet. His mother's career as a Quidditch official gave him an interest in the sport, though whether he would have any skill for it would remain to be seen.

Soon enough, Phil was sent to Pre-Hogwarts Primary. He found it to be disappointing, mostly because he wanted to learn magic and have a better understanding of it before he went to Hogwarts. Phil wanted to be prepared so that he would succeed at the school, which was highly important to him even at his young age. He exchanged letters with his sister throughout the year while she was away, many of hers became a cause of concern for Phil the worrywart.

At last, Phillip took the train to Hogwarts.

_____roleplays
>> Sloths vs. Hogwarts w. Horus Prieto, Ignatz Fairchild Brimsbury, Katya Kaminski, Kean Teagan
“I haven’t really formed an opinion on whether I like sloths or not,” he said slowly. “But they have to be better than this park, and Pre-Hogwarts Primary.” Pretty much anything was. “I doubt they’re better than Hogwarts itself, though. It has a huge library, and a restricted section!” He couldn’t wait to get his hands on those books.

>> The "This or That?" Game w. Katya Kaminski, Marigold Whitaker, Samantha Hensley, Lulu Lane-Foley
Closing the book but keeping his finger between the pages to mark his place, the boy looked over at the three girls. Their discussion wasn’t frivolous, as many conversations were in the park, but rather thought provoking to an inquisitive mind such as Phillip’s.

>> Keep the world without w. Livia Bagshot, Charity Shepherd
The boy was currently sitting on the edge of the fountain and working on his double fisherman’s knot when he heard a splash nearby. A girl was rooting around for something in the fountain. Another girl nearby commented on the odd occurrence. Phil felt as though his own input was required.

>> You neurotic one-woman freak show, take your blah-blah to the blah-blah-ologist w. Iseult Pryce
“Pardon me?” Phil asked, flabbergasted. There could be no mistake as to who she was addressing, however. “You do realize that’s a very rude question, don’t you?” Having giant blood wasn’t looked kindly upon by many in the wizarding world. “No, I’m not part giant. What on earth gave you such an absurd idea?”

>> letters home w. Sophie Downes
And yet...who was Phil supposed to boss around? And who on earth was going to make sure Sophie's socks matched? Was she eating proper food at Hogwarts, or just sweets now that Phil couldn't lecture her to eat her vegetables?

SIGNATURE BY ISEULT PRYCE

Edited by Phillip Downes

Phillip Downes

v. first year

all your wires are a tangled mess

phil5_zps4b4c2f6e.png

_____summary
Phillip found Hogwarts to be quite different than how he had anticipated. His genius, in his opinion, was far underappreciated in classes and the focus of many lessons seemed less than useful. He began dueling and soon found himself addicted to the sport, helped along by Leonid Stanislaus and Phaedra Wayland. He met his soon-to-be rival, Kelly Ashcroft in the chamber and began working on learning new spells and techniques. He signed up for the tournament. After two losses he became both frustrated and even more determined to do better next year.

Though he was pleased to be able to keep an eye on his sister Sophie at Hogwarts he found the job to be more difficult than usual. This was, in large part, due to the horrible Gryffindor boy Connor Ford (Conrad Forbes as dubbed by Phil) who seemed intent on hovering around Sophie. Phil continued to rub people the wrong way and did little in the way of making friendships. He was content to dedicate himself to his studies instead, which was much more rewarding.

_____roleplays
>> Take me to a park that's covered with trees w. Sophie Downes
He was eager for their parents to know the news as soon as possible, but he had a feeling this idea would prove to be an unfortunate one. Still, Sophie was bound to try and find their mum whether he helped or not, and at least this way he could make sure she didn’t get into any scrapes without him there to help.

>> The differences in books w. Vicky Smith
“I was wondering who was rude enough to make so much noise in a place where others are trying to study,” he said, his voice barely above a whisper so as not to disturb others nearby, “and imagine my disappointment when I saw it was a fellow Ravenclaw. You’re not a first year, either, so you ought to know better.”

>> Just Checking Out the Library w. Katya Kaminski
He had a good view of the Restricted Section. It was towards the back of the library and was separated by a single rope. “I’ve figured out that people need a note to go back there,” Phillip said in a hushed tone, his dark eyes moving away from the forbidden section to his cohort. “From a professor or the librarian, I suppose. I doubt we’d be able to get a note of permission in our first year, so that rules that mode of entry out.”

>> We don't know how to back down w. Connor Ford
“I suppose it is fair for me to introduce myself,” he allowed with a nod. “Phillip Downes. You might recognize the last name.” Again, Phil smiled, though this time there was a glint in his eye that was far from friendly. “Sophie’s my sister, in case you were struggling to put two and two together. She was just telling me the funniest story. She said you two kissed?” He snorted.

>> Watch where I tread before I fall w. Karliah Whisp
“You seem to know a lot about Quidditch,” Phillip said with no small amount of derision. “With a last name like Whisp, you ought to. You would be disowned otherwise, I’d imagine.” He really had no idea how the girl’s family viewed the sport, but he was willing to bet it was important to them. Or should be, if someone in her ancestry had written that famed (though rather overrated in Phil’s mind) book. She wasn’t the only Quidditch royalty at Hogwarts, and Phillip was determined to make this known.

>> I don't blame you for being you, but you can't blame me for hating it w. Kelly Ashcroft
Phillip raised his wand over the cookie on his desk. “Immotus ver-” The door creaked as it opened and he spun around in his seat. “Not you,” he said, crinkling his nose in distaste. “Run along and bother somebody else, Katie."

_____duels
STATS
Starting WP: 50
Ending WP: 100

Spells: LV1 Disarming Spell, LV3 Fire-Starter Charm
Wins/Losses: 2 wins, 27 losses ;_;
VH29 Tournament: Novice Tier
_____vs. Benjamin Ladd [bracket A, Round 2] (lost)
_____vs. Rhys Knightly [bracket B, Round 4] (lost)

WON
LOST

_____grades
ASTRONOMY O*
POTIONS O
FLYING O*
HERBOLOGY O*
TRANSFIGURATION O*
CHARMS O
DADA O
HISTORY OF MAGIC O*

SIGNATURE BY ISEULT PRYCE

Edited by Phillip Downes

Phillip Downes

v. second year

you do such damage, how do you manage?

phil3_zps060c0d50.png

_____summary
On the way to Hogwarts, Phillip encountered an awful girl he had met in Diagon Alley the summer before. Much to his horror, the girl attached herself to him like a parasite and was sorted into his house. There would be no escape from Iseult Pryce, though he would not stop trying. He also attempted to warn her mentor, Ariadne, before the poor girl encountered Iseult.

Phillip poured most of his focus into dueling and practicing for the tournament. He managed to get fourth place and took not winning a trophy quite hard. Still, his dedication meant he started to lose less spectacularly in Chamber duels and he even managed to win a few. Though his course load was light he still spent a lot of time studying and ensuring he could show off his knowledge in the classroom.

(to be added to)

_____roleplays
>> Here I was in my own little world, dreaming about candy bracelets w. Iseult Pryce, Leonid Stanislaus
It was confirmed by both Leonid and whats-her-name: they were indeed related. Phillip’s face was taken over by an extremely uncharacteristic look of sympathy in Leonid’s direction. “I’m so sorry, Leonid,” he said with genuine sympathy. It must have been a terrible trial to be related to this girl and he could see the Hufflepuff was being very brave about it.

>> Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present a man not caring w. Iseult Pryce
Phillip's expression of disgust remained fixed on his face as he pinched a bit of the now-damp fabric of his robes. "Lake water. You've just gotten lake water on me." His hand closed on the wand in his pocket and he was mightily tempted to use it. Instead he settled for cruelty in the form of words. "I left because nothing repulses me more than the idea of sitting with you."

>> I would like to say, that girl is like a sunburn w. Ariadne Szczepanski
Phillip nodded, keeping a brave stoicism to his expression with some degree of effort. “Maybe she was sent here to test us?” He suspected the new Headmistress. “But I think you can understand now why this Ariadne person has to be warned.”

_____duels
STATS
Starting WP: 100
Ending WP: 154

Spells: LV2 Blocking Charm, LV2 Coward Charm, LV1 Hex Shield, LV1 Blinding Hex, LV1 Strength-Stealer Spell
Wins/Losses: 6 wins, 5 losses
VH30 Tournament: Beginner Tier (4th place)
_____ vs. Colin Gainsby [bracket A, Round 1] (lost)
_____ vs. Gwendoline Ifans [bracket B, Round 2] (won - t/o)
_____ vs. Connor Ford [bracket B, Round 3] (won - t/o)
_____ vs. Narcissus Midnight [bracket B, Round 4] (lost)

WON
LOST

_____grades
ASTRONOMY A (icly O)
POTIONS O
HERBOLOGY O
TRANSFIGURATION O
CHARMS O*
DADA O
HISTORY OF MAGIC O

SIGNATURE BY RAVI BHANDARI

Edited by Phillip Downes

Phillip Downes

vii. third year

my soul has been seized and he's the dictator

phil37_zpsxvnllzaa.png

_____summary
Tbe

_____roleplays
>> You forgot to affix the warning label to your forehead w. Iseult Pryce, Professor Llwyd
A rush of water extinguished the flame Phillip had created and he turned with a cold glare at whoever had rescued Iseult. His expression became blank with shock when he saw it was Professor Llwyd. Uh… this was bad, right? Yeah, it was probably bad.

>> Is it too late now to say sorry? w. Iseult Pryce
Quote.

>> Idealism sits in prison, chivalry fell on its sword w. Lillian Wayland
Quote goes here.

>> Your sensibilities are shaken by the slightest defect w. Addison Toft
Quote goes here.

>> I don't belong here, not in this atmosphere w. Navi Wilkes
Quote goes here.

_____duels
STATS
Starting WP: 154
Ending WP: 200

Spells: LV3 Coward Charm, LV2 Sparkler Spell, LV1 Take Cover Charm, LV1 Silencing Spell, LV1 Flare Charm
Wins/Losses: 17 wins, 1 loss
VH31 Tournament: Intermediate Tier
_____ vs. Darcy Redmount [bracket A, Round 1] (lost)
_____ vs. Addison Curtis [bracket B, Round 3] (won - t/o)
_____ vs. Lavinia Snell [bracket B, Round 4] (lost)

WON
LOST

_____grades
ASTRONOMY O
POTIONS O
HERBOLOGY O
TRANSFIGURATION O
CHARMS O*
HISTORY OF MAGIC O
DADA O
ARITHMANCY O
CoMC EE
ANCIENT RUNES O
MUGGLE STUDIES O

SIGNATURE BY SIMON ARMISTEAD

Edited by Phillip Downes

Phillip Downes

viii. fourth year

I've got a razor blade smile. So don't come near me, I've got a singular style.

phil49_zpsv1nxzihp.png

_____summary
Tbe

_____roleplays
>> HEY BARBARA. w. Iseult Pryce
Quote.

>> Caught in a street fight, you need a lifeline w. Connor Ford
Quote goes here.

>> The Sweatervest Bros w. Arviragus Burke
Quote goes here.

>> I'm brushing up on looking down; I'm working on my roar w. Desmond Tonks
Quote goes here.

>> You've seen the way I operate without your help w. Simon Shimazu
Quote goes here.

>> Pink hair, don’t care w. Kelly Ashcroft
Quote goes here.

>> Title w. Name
Quote goes here.

_____duels
STATS
Starting WP: 210
Ending WP: 247

Spells: LV3 Rubber Arm Jinx, LV3 Flare Charm, LV2 Strength-Stealer Spell, LV1 Speech Spell, LV1 Impediment Jinx
Wins/Losses: #
VH32 Tournament: Intermediate Tier
_____ vs. Irene Redgrave [bracket A, Round 1] (won)
_____ vs. Grace Foster [bracket A, Round 2] (lost)
_____ vs. Chiron Drakon [bracket B, Round 3] (won)
_____ vs. Addison Toft [bracket B, Round 4] (won)
_____ vs. Tobias Winchester [bracket B, Round 5] (lost)

WON
LOST

_____grades
ASTRONOMY Grade
POTIONS Grade
HERBOLOGY Grade
TRANSFIGURATION Grade
CHARMS Grade
HISTORY OF MAGIC Grade
DADA Grade
ARITHMANCY Grade
CoMC Grade
ANCIENT RUNES Grade
MUGGLE STUDIES Grade

SIGNATURE BY MADGE HADLEY

Edited by Phillip Downes

Phillip Downes

ix. fifth year

you said the brains I had went to my head.

phil56_zpsg9qudhfj.png

_____summary
Tbe

_____roleplays
>> I just wanna hold your hand w. Iseult Pryce
Quote.

>> Title w. Name
Quote goes here.

_____duels
STATS
Starting WP: 247
Ending WP: 315

Spells: tbe
Wins/Losses: N/A
VH32 Tournament: Advanced Tier
_____ TBE

_____owl grades
ASTRONOMY O
POTIONS Grade
HERBOLOGY O
TRANSFIGURATION Grade
CHARMS O
HISTORY OF MAGIC O
DADA O
ARITHMANCY O

SIGNATURE BY ERIN FLANNERY

Edited by Phillip Downes

Phillip Downes

x. sixth year

but my heart’s in atrophy.

phil64_zpsa9fybumy.png

_____summary
Tbe

_____roleplays
>> Title w. Name
Quote goes here.

_____duels
STATS
Starting WP: 318
Ending WP: number

Spells: tbe
Wins/Losses: N/A
VH32 Tournament: Advanced Tier
_____ TBE

WON
LOST

_____grades
ASTRONOMY Grade
POTIONS Grade
HERBOLOGY Grade
TRANSFIGURATION Grade
CHARMS Grade
HISTORY OF MAGIC Grade
DADA Grade
ARITHMANCY Grade
ANCIENT RUNES Grade
MUGGLE STUDIES Grade

SIGNATURE BY GWEN IFANS

Edited by Phillip Downes

Phillip Downes

x. seventh year

lyrics.

1S9zKzW.png

_____summary
Tbe

_____roleplays
>> Title w. Name
Quote goes here.

SIGNATURE BY RAVI 

Edited by Phillip Downes

Phillip Downes

x. alumni

lyrics.

plRqK41.png

_____summary
Tbe

_____roleplays
>> Title w. Name
Quote goes here.

Edited by Phillip Downes

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.