• Announcements

• Weasley

How to get sorted   10/05/2017

To find the Sorting Form, click on the "Sort Me!" tab at the top of the page.    Before you go to fill out the form, make sure that you have a username that follows our rules. If you don't, your form will be rejected. You can change your name once yourself, by going to Account Settings -> Display Name. If you've already used your one change, you can request a name change in this topic. Be sure to read the first post in the topic carefully so we can get you updated without any back and forth.   Don't rush to answer the form! There's no prize for sending it in first. Please take your time and fill out the form thoughtfully, so the hat will have the information it needs to put your character in the right house.     Calendar: Sorting Form appears: Thursday, October 5th Sorting Form closes: Friday, November 3rd (No forms will be accepted after this date) The Sorting Ceremony closes: Sunday, November 5th, about 10am Central Time You find out your new house: Sunday, November 5th, 11 am Central Time First day of the new school year: Monday, November 6th   (For reference: Central Time Zone includes Chicago, Illinois)   How to get sorted:   1. Register with a name that follows our rules. The registration agreement explains the rules about names. You can also find them in the Rules.   2. Remember you may only send in one form total for this school year. If you send forms in from multiple accounts, we will not sort ANY of them. Then we have to feel bad about not sorting you. Don't make us feel bad, please.   3. Click on the Sort Me tab and fill out the sorting form as thoroughly as possible. The better we understand your character, the more likely we can put you in the right house. See "How to use the form" below if you're confused. For some in depth information on each house, please check out this topic on sorting. (Note: After you fill out the form, a copy will be PMed to you. Please save that because we delete them from our system after sorting.)   4. Wait for a PM from the Sorting Hat. Be patient, it could take a few days. If you don't receive a PM from the Sorting Hat within 4 or 5 days, contact one of the moderators.   5. If your form is: Accepted: Congratulations! You should now go post in the Sorting Ceremony topic in the New Member resources forum. This is very important. This post is where you'll go to find out what the Sorting Hat had to say about you. Don't skip this step! Rejected: Don't worry, you can still be sorted. Be sure to read the reasons for the rejection carefully, then edit your form (just click on the Get Sorted! link again) to fix the problem. Once you've done that, you can send the form in again. 6. That's it! Once you've gotten your acceptance letter AND posted in the Sorting Ceremony, you're all set. You'll find out where the Sorting Hat put you on Sorting day when you can check the Great Hall for the edited Sorting Ceremony.   How to use the form: The form is pretty straightforward and user friendly. Here are a couple tips: You don't need to fill the whole thing in at one sitting. You can finish one page at a time and save it. Then finish the rest later. Don't use your browser's Back or Forward buttons. Use the buttons in the form to Navigate.  If you don't fill out all the questions on a page, you can't save or move on. If you don't meet the word number requirements in the In Depth section, you can't submit the form. Use the "Check Word Count" buttons to see how many words you've used. If you fill in the wrong answers on the quiz page, you won't be able to submit the form. After you've submitted the form, you can't access it anymore. But if your form is rejected, you'll be able to see it again with your old answers still filled in. Still have questions? Ask here.    Note: Section I: Short Answer Please include a brief explanation with each answer. I'd like to remind you all to include an explanation with all the short answer questions. The answers to those questions aren't very useful for sorting unless you explain them.   Otherwise, we don't have enough information to sort you with. (Translation: we'll have to reject it.)     Many thanks as always to Arianna Wright for her hard work revising and updating the form and to Faraz Memon for initially coding it many years ago. <3
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dusky Pidlerson

I was here. I existed.

174 posts in this topic

The Trophy Room! Aeryn wandered it in silence lost in memories stretching back seven years. When she came to the small trophy with her name engraved on it she laughed out loud and then started to cry silently. Oh yes, her crazy plan back in first year when she had been terrified of not being remembered by students walking these hallowed halls in the future. Both she and Ellie had made a pact that if they didn’t get awarded something they would make their own trophies up and sneak them in here. Of course, Ellie’s name was here a lot more than hers but Aeryn didn’t mind. Fame and glory had never been her thing; though she still badly wanted to be a princess only she’d admit that to no-one now.

So they were all moving onto bigger and better things but Aeryn didn’t want to go! Not at all! As much as she had complained about the insane amount of homework the seventh years had been given and the stress of exams, she really did love walking the halls of Hogwarts and she would miss it terribly. But there was one thing she was going to add to this room before she had to say goodbye.

Aeryn searched until she found a place where it was unlikely to be removed from, making sure by adding a permanent sticking charm to the base of the red and gold picture frame. Once in place, she stood back and grinned; yes now that was a legacy that would inspire future generations of Lions!

It%20can%20be%20climbed.png

There was a well-known wall in the trophy room where it was apparently appropriate and alright with the staff to leave behind a signature of some sort to sum up a student’s Hogwarts’ career. Morrigan mulled over what to leave behind while idly reading all of the quotes left before her, and admiring the calligraphy. There were no accolades to write under her name, no nicknames, or words of wisdom. What she had to offer would just have to be enough, and after she’d put her name to stone, she felt it had definitely been enough to put some pride into her parents’ names.

iexisted_zpsj8baqc57.png

In the same vein as a celebrity photograph taken to endorse a beloved restaurant, Elliot Tavella's last gift to Hogwarts was his own beautiful face.

aIXvdSm.png

Seven years. They had passed so slowly- yet, they didn't seem like they should be done already. He stood there, silently, looking at the wall, the final remnants of so many people, so many students who- like he was now- were facing that it was truly, finally, time to leave.

This place...it had been his sanctuary, as much as his grandmother's manor had been his prison. He had escaped here each September and left his poor mother behind to suffer the pettiness of their extended family because she wanted him to have a good education, opportunities for a better life. Ironic, almost- especially given how he knew things were panning out between him and his cousin.

After a silent few minutes, looking slowly around at all the notes, all the memories, all the- picture frames?- Kace looked down at his hand...the one wrapped around Kat's. She wouldn't want to do this, he didn't think. Maybe it was a sign of AJ's negative influence that he was considering it, but Katerina's comfort mattered more. He squeezed her hand, gently, then after another moment of silence, he finally spoke softly, breaking the quiet.

"...as appealing as this kind of tradition as a right of passage is...I don't think I need to write on a wall to prove myself. If the only thing I have to show for my years here is an illegal scribble, I don't know if it even counts as leaving a legacy behind." Kace didn't have high hopes regardless- he had been a prefect, but had it meant anything? Was anything different, for his time here? Would the first years this year even remember who Kace Whalen had been? Maybe. If not, though...perhaps his legacy was meant to be something else. Perhaps, ironically, it was meant to be in changing the family that had so hated to have him join them. Or maybe something else entirely...

All he was was, he would find it with Katerina.

Kat had agreed to go with Kace to the trophy room. She had never actually been here, but had heard about it. Her name would never be on one of those trophies. She wasn't a prefect or the head girl. She never duelled, nor did she play quidditch. She was ordinary. Blandly ordinary. But, that was okay with her. Because to Kace Whalen she wasn't. And that was why she was standing here with him. He had his arm around her, and she turned and faced him, and buried her head in his chest. "I can't actually believe we're about to graduate.." She chewed her lip for a moment, trying to decide if she should tell him what she was thinking. "..I can't believe I am leaving Hogwarts as Kace Whalen's girlfriend.." she smiled to herself thinking about when she was a lot younger, how much she dreamed and wished for this day.

"You know.." She looked up at him with a smirk on her face. "I realized in third year that I was in love with you. I was so terrified that you would find out and hate me." She reached up and kissed his cheek. "But apparently, somehow, you loved me too." And that was the best part.

Xander had heard all about the tophy room dealio, and part of him didn’t feel like it was worth his time, like so much of his Hogwarts education. Still, one day he felt mildly nostalgic and made his way to the trophy room, passing Kace and Kat on the way out, he greeted them politely. They all knew why each other were there, it was technically illegal, but it had become such a huge Hogwarts tradition that Xander didn’t know if the ‘graffiti’ could actually be enforced.

Xander, not one typically to wax nostalgic looked at the fading color changing ink his uncle Atrus had used to sign the wall, and the words his aunt Tinny had written, even Bee and Devon’s much more recent words were there. He found he still didn’t feel the need to wax nostalgic.

I was here. I existed.

Ophiuchus Xander Valentein-Starr

Edited by Ophiuchus Valentein-Starr

Maeve had never been the best student. She never played Quidditch, she duelled for maybe a day, and she certainly had been far from prefect. But even still, Hogwarts had been just as good to her as it had to all those who had achieved more. Status mattered very little to the Gryffindor, and at the end of the day all she needed to take away were happy memories. And that, she was pleased to say, she would. From the madness of her first year, to the food fight that brought her infamy, to times spent with Erin, with the CBA, and even that time she got knocked out at Quidditch tryouts trying to impress Rhi… all of these were memories to cherish forever. Her fingers trailed along the wall of scrawls and signatures, smiling at those she recognised. The fresher ink brought it all home. Their time here was nearly done, but they would make sure they weren’t forgotten.

Plucking out her colour-changing quill from her pocket, Maeve started to write. It wasn't much, but when she was done she admired it with a smile.

Thanks for everything, Hogwarts. I'll miss you.

Maeve Keaton
Gryffindor Gorgeous Gadabout

There was only one place for Erin's name. She would take no other option, even if it meant squeezing the letters in between names from decades past. After watching Heather claim her spot with a smile, Erin gently nudged her friend over to fit her name right next to hers.

erin_signature_zpso0ygg6yl.png

Edited by Erin Flannery

Leonid was not really one to deface the school, but apparently this was acceptable and not really frowned upon. Plus, what were they going to do to him? Track him down and force him to do a detention? Leo left tomorrow, so the chances of that happening were basically zero. Therefore, he found Morrigan’s name and managed to squeeze his own next to it, along with a few words.

Leonid Wendell Stanislaus
Hufflepuff ✦ Prefect ✦ Dueling & House Mentor ✦ Dueling Champion

Edited by Leonid Stanislaus

She hadn’t given much thought to it, but Rory guessed she probably should write her name on the wall. It seemed the done thing to do, when someone reached graduation at the school, to write their name on a wall that she was sure nobody ever looked at except when they were also coming to write their name on it. Rory almost thought of it as an “I didn’t die” wall, but maybe that was just the cynical part of her who knew that Margo’s name would never be on it, and hers so easily might not have been either.

“Right, shall we?” she asked Dexter, pen in hand. She had opted for a rather large permanent marker, black because house colours seemed too redundant when they were going out into a world that didn’t split them by arbitrary personality traits they had held when they were eleven. She wanted it over with so that their mark was there, but also so that they could get on with more important things, like rounding up all their possessions and stuffing them in trunks that were obviously too small for everything they now owned. “I’ll go first.”

Dexter was bound to be a princess about defacing school property, but Rory didn’t care. Countless other students hadn’t found themselves in trouble, so it wasn’t like they were going to start rounding students up this year for it, and more than that it felt like there was nothing the professors could do anyway. They were leaving, they weren’t the professors responsibility now. She scrawled her name large, across many other, very faded, names - she might be glad to be free of Hogwarts, but she didn’t want Hogwarts to forget her - and left it at that. She had no great words of wisdom she wanted to share, and even if she had been a prefect she wouldn’t have cared to have had it remembered. She was just Rory, and just Rory was good enough for the wall.

IWHIE_zpsapnhljrb.png

It felt like several lifetimes had passed since Dexter had been a bubbling mess leaving Portree bound for Hogwarts for the first time. It hadn’t been home then, but now, seven years on as Dexter stood on the cusp of adulthood, he found himself longing to stay just a few minutes more as he had as he stood on the doorstep of the family home in Portree. He’d walked the halls a thousand times and spent so much time in places like the library that he felt at home in the castle. He’d known of the existence of the wall that provided a rite of passage for departing students, but he tried not to think about it, even though the end of his school days were fast approaching.

Eyeing his cousin’s large, thick permanent marker, Dexter thought it fitting that he’d brought along a smaller pen to provide a thinner, more understated brushstroke. It suited Dexter that his lasting impact on Hogwarts would be less than that of his cousin. “Guess so,” he sighed, wondering if his brother had written on the wall. If he cared more, he might have looked, but instead, he simply stood back while Rory wrote her name in her loopy, prissy handwriting that completely conflicted with everything Rory stood for. “Perfect,” he gave her a weak smile before stepping up for his own attempt.

“We’re definitely allowed to do this, right? This isn’t some illusion that’s going to melt away and leave our names on a blank wall, right?” You could feel the trust Dexter had for his cousin. Under Rory’s name, between the Ys, Dexter wrote his own name. Small handwriting, a little messy, but there nonetheless, permanent until it aged with time and someone wrote over it. It would be a while, but he was sure that no one would go looking for it. He would never be a significant name, and that was just fine. “Food?”

Boy had priorities.

61p0eFU.png

Lawson wanted to leave nothing that proved he had ever been at Hogwarts. He had every intention of leaving the castle and never looking back, never acknowledging he had practically lived there for seven years. He had made enemies and even one or two friends. There had been people, like Phaedra and Alexa, who had left permanent impressions on him.

He wouldn’t add his name to the array of others, but he would leave one small warning.

Never put all your trust in magic.

Like anything else, magic was fallible. He rolled his eyes at the warning, which seemed unnecessarily dramatic and dire. Oh well. He stood by the claim.

She had no plans of ending up here but now that she faced a wall loaded with the History of Hogwarts Students past, Bernadette couldn’t help but take the time to read over the inspiring messages, the sad, the funny.

Her eyes landed on a familiar face and the Gryffindor couldn’t help the smile at seeing Elliot Tavella had left his portrait for all future students to admire. From experience she knew it was a very nice face—and her smile quickly faded at the sad pang in her chest when she realized how young they’d all been back then. Things had changed, some in worse ways than others.

The seventh year bit her lip and contemplated joining the other seventh years by signing her name even if it was just a simple signature. She even considered writing that she was sorry for all she had done.

After giving it some thought, Bernadette realized that it was better if people didn’t realize she’d ever walked the cold, unforgiving halls of Hogwarts and she released a heavy sigh, turning to leave before an idea struck her. She didn’t deserve to leave her mark but there was someone else who did, and so she took her time signing the name of her fallen Hufflepuff friend (and the cat who'd meant the world to her).

Margo Anne Ward
& Duchess Kittywuffles Ward
One True Hufflepuff

Phaedra didn’t really think she’d leave her mark on Hogwarts. She was just grateful to get out of here and never have to wear green and silver anymore. She never had any affinity to Salazar’s house – the hat had been wrong all those years ago. At least it gave her a quidditch cup and some dueling trophies. She scrawled her name near her father’s, smiling a little as she did so. She was starting to get a little peace after his death – but her heart was still a torrent of emotions.

Goodbye Hogwarts.

She was totally not going to miss it.

1ySf.png

A few years ago, she'd come across the little signatures that were nestled in the wall, hidden away by dim lighting and some conveniently placed trophies. It was something that had stayed in her mind since the day she'd seen it. It was one way for people to simply acknowledge the fact that they had one day walked these same halls, and it felt... momentous.

Norda peeked into the trophy room, waiting to see if there were any people lingering about. It was something she felt needed to be done alone. As alone as possible at least. She walked over to the secluded little corner and smiled when she saw familiar names scrawled on it, hand brushing over a few of the names she'd known. Quidditch team members, housemates, prefects. A dead girl.

Her eyes flickered over to an empty space, surrounded by other names she vaguely recognised, possibly from trophies in this same room. She'd never gotten a trophy with her name on it, but maybe she could leave something a little less permanent behind. Reading the quotes other people left behind with their names, Norda couldn't help but feel the added pressure of saying something somewhat valuable. But what?

All she knew was that she wanted to be remembered. Fading into oblivion was most definitely something she feared. Maybe it was why she was hoping so desperately to become relevant to the general populace. And it would be this driving fear that would get her to accomplish everything she wanted. Yeah, that had to be it. Quill ready, she wrote in her neatest lettering.

𝒯𝒶𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒 𝒩𝑜𝓇𝒹𝒶 𝒯𝒶𝓌𝓃𝒾

𝑅𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒶𝓂𝑒, 𝒴𝑜𝓊'𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓉 𝓈𝑜𝑜𝓃.

She stared at it for a second, wondering if she should leave some kind of phonetic pronunciation. For all she knew, no one at this damn school knew her name wasn't actually Norda. Bittersweet feeling of departure filling her chest, Norda's eyes ran over the other names. Hers would stand out. It had to.

H. Midnight

That was about all she could write. There wasn't some big secret she wanted to reveal or anything like that. She was getting to leave Hogwarts right before her sister did. And really, she couldn't wait to be out. So after her name, she didn't write anything at all. Instead the female just turned and found herself moving through the castle as she always did. Although soon she'd never be here ever again.

Had she left her mark on the school? It had not been her ambition at all when she had first started at Hogwarts, but somehow, that ambition had grown inside of her over the years. In her last year, she had finally accomplished all that she wanted.

She was Head Girl and Hufflepuff had won both the Quidditch Cup and the House Cup. It really had been a fantastic year for the Hufflepuffs and she had been a part of that. The struggle to win the Quidditch Cup had been long - and it had been a goal ever since Savannah had joined the team back in her second year. But it would be a long time before they finally won. Still, she knew they could do it. People would remember Hufflepuff winning the Cup this year. But would anyone remember her after she was gone? It was her legacy that she was concerned about. She wanted to be remembered here at Hogwarts because out there in the real world, she wouldn't be known at all. She'd simply be struggling to make it as a healer.

Perhaps she could become famous - invent a new way of healing or something. Then she could really leave her mark.

There was something else that she had been considering but she was keeping that quiet. No one could know about that. Instead, when she signed her name, she left a hint. A hint of something that could possibly come true. If only she could figure out how to do it first.

1zob048.png

It didn't seem like seven years had gone by since Lucia had started at Hogwarts, staring in wonder at the ceiling of the Great Hall, being an odd mixture of bewildered, terrified and thrilled that a tatty old hat could read her mind, her inner most thoughts, and make a judgement about her character and her personality. She'd been sent off to the same house as her sister, Ravenclaw Tower had become her home, and the people in it her family.

Through Death Eater attacks and hard times, she knew she could fall back on them, and the idea of going out into the world without her family of Ravenclaws, even the annoying little kids, was terrifying. She had scouted out many cupboards she could try and hide in so she didn't have to leave, but she had been unsuccessful thus far.

Despite her apprehension, there was a lot for the muggleborn kid to be proud of. Great grades, awards, being a prefect, being Head Girl, managing to get through her Head Girl year without brutally murdering Tarquin... you know, big stuff. And she was even holding an offer from Beedle's Academy to go and study the course of her dreams... But as she stood at the wall that other graduating students had scrawled their messages on, tears began to well in her eyes. She didn't want to leave, but she had to. The next chapter was about to begin.

Conjuring pale blue ink from the end of her wand, Lucia began to scrawl, without a second thought for spelling. Yes, she was going into publishing and writing, but that was what copy-editors were for, right?.

Grk4Pfb.png

Farewell Hogwarts. It's been a blast.

Edited by Lucia Isaacs

Copying Lucia and reserving a spot.

Reserving this spot. Copying Lucia and Connor. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0