Weasley

Technical issues and errors

Isabelle Costantini

How have you inserted these images?

From an imagur url.

Did you format your about me or sigs using bbcode or the wysiwyg editor?

I used the editing provided through VH. Idk which one that would be.

Also what browser do you use mainly?

I mainly use Firefox and Safari.

@Weasley

Avalon Edens

(Stealing Isabelle's format <33)

How have you inserted these images?

From imgur and tinypic urls. 

Did you format your about me or sigs using bbcode or the wysiwyg editor?

wysiwyg!

Also what browser do you use mainly?

Chrome.

Weasley

Very helpful, thank you. Has anyone noticed this happening with an image inserted from their gallery?

Gracie-Mae Goodwin

My signature and about me moodboard are from my VH gallery. It's been over a RL year since I edited them and they seem to be there still.

However, I have experienced the problem of images vanishing with Viola's (my alter's) old about me image vanishing - it was on imgur (it had been in her about me since before the gallery feature existed) I believe? 

Cosette Mercier

This has been happening on Cosette many times, i have had to fix her about me page many times in the last two months, same with my Signature. I am hosting from a imgur and i use wysiwyg and I am using chrome.

Stella Peabody

This has happened to me probably 5-6 times, too, with both links and images in my signature.  I link my images on tinypic usually, and I usually use Chrome and occasionally Firefox.  

(It just happened to me today so I remembered to post here because I was annoyed lol) 

Weasley

Okay, thanks everyone. I'm going to submit a support ticket, but not til after I upgrade the software next week. (Because the first thing they'll do is say I should upgrade. ><)

Rían O' Donnell

I’M STUCK 

I accidentally polyjuiced into the wrong account on my main mobile browser and now I’m stuck. I polyjuiced into a retired/inactive account and now there’s no choice to polyjuice back or even log out and I’d like to be able to get back into my main account on my chrome browser on mobile I hate using safari. I also tried to exit out of all the browser tabs and reopen them hoping that polyjuice would have jumped back to my main account like it used to 

please release me from entrapment 😧

Edited by Rían O' Donnell

Rían O' Donnell

Ok smart sweet angel @Julian Pritchard Helped me get out by suggesting I delete cookies and that would push me out and it worked but maybe I’ll leave this here in case it happens to anyone else? 

Jacquetta Rosewood

Wanted to post and say the disappearing pictures is still happening. The picture in my sig and the two in my about me have vanished into thin air. I know we're magic and all, but I did not do it.

Thanks. ❤️

Edit to add: The links I had in my sig and about me are also gone now. Just the text remains.

Edited by Jacquetta Rosewood

Damaris Denton

Wanted to note that I also had the issue that Jacquetta describes above a couple days ago. 

Molly Stone

So have I. After my sig/about me deleted a couple days ago, I tried uploading it to my gallery and inserting it from there. So I'll keep you updated on whether or not that solves the problem when a delete happens again <33

Rían O' Donnell

I’ve had two signatures disappear within days of each other as well over the last week 

i only copy and pasted from Imgur the direct image not the link if that helps at all 

Verity Doran

My sig + about me images (uploaded from imgur) and links vanished a couple of days ago, too.  I've uploaded everything to my gallery now, but I'll check in if they poof again.

Isobel Blake

@Weasley just a heads up! I posted my images to the gallery to see if that would help them stick around any longer, but they vanished yet again. So I don't think it's just an imgur/uploading link issue.

Josie Potter

I've gotten the 504 Gateway Timed Out messages several times tonight

Jasper Wilcox

Whoops, a bit off topic as this has nothing to do with disappearing photos, but my post count has remained at 0 despite having made multiple posts. 

... I mean I'd be okay being the only active alumni with 0 posts, but I'd like to have a signature someday.

ETA: After posting this question, my post count is now one (1) though it should definitely be higher than that, like at least six (6).

Edited by Jasper Wilcox

Undercliffe

@Jasper Wilcox

Are you using Polyjuice? If so, you may be encountering this issue, which is beyond our powers to fix.

If this issue is occurring naturally without using the Polyjuice feature, please let us know and we can look into it!