Weasley

Technical issues and errors

Addison Toft

Hi Anastasia!

I've been doing it a different way than Viola, that's been working for me (but if Viola's works better for you, then you should just ignore my advice):

The editor will recognize an image URL and, when you paste it into the text editor, load it as an image. For example, when I paste in the following url, with no tags or coding or anything:

https://i.imgur.com/dYo3k9R.png

...the editor loads it as:

dYo3k9R.png

Then, still in the editor, double click the image and it loads a formatting menu. Under "Link URL" (the first field), you can put in whatever you want that image to link to, just as I've linked the image above to the Care of Magical Creatures classroom. The signature field should probably behave the same way? The "About Me" section of your profile is actually even simpler, where you can paste in the image URL to load it in the editor, and then you can click the image to select it, then choose the Hyperlink button (as you would link normal text), and then you can paste the URL you want linked, into the box.

Anastasia Lum

Thank you both so much! I ended up using Viola's way successfully, but your way sounds easier for future use, Addison.

Maggie mac Ruaidhri

So I'm not using the polyjuice system currently, because I like avoiding chances of accidentally posting on an alter, but today I ran into a weird glitch.

When I went to go post in a thread earlier, I found that not only had I been logged out, I had been logged into one of my sister's accounts.  I haven't been away from my computer at all today, so there's no way of her having logged onto my computer without me noticing it. 

It's only happened one time before this, many months ago. And tbh, on that occasion I assumed she had logged onto my computer, but now idk.

Alvis Anderson

Howdy! Are other people having trouble getting on to Discord? I couldn't get on 25/04/18 or today 26/04/18

Thanx folks

Just tried again and got in !

Edited by Alvis Anderson

Rooney Fitzgerald

Hey guys, I'm trying to register a new character and I get the below error message:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

Would anyone know what this is?

Isla Reimann

I think it's not just me. But there's a bit of a problem uploading images by link at the moment. I know I saw @Fletcher Barrow was having trouble with it too. 

I spent far too long yesterday trying to put a new image on my sig. I tried multiple sites to link from, and definitely resized it like a million times so I could get it to work. 

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but it's just not really working and I'm not sure why

Claes Althaus

Have email notifications been disabled on VH? I have not been receiving them for PMs and wanted to bring them to your attention.

Weasley

I'm working on the email problem, which I hope is linked to the registration problem. 

Inserting images isn't working for me either. I'll look into that next.

Edit: Pretty sure these things are all related. I've contacted support for the board and our server, so hopefully it'll be sorted out soon.

You can register a new account again, but... you can't validate because emails aren't working. We'll be checking for new accounts and validating. May take a little while. We ask for your patience while we sort this out. <3

Weasley

I think all three of those things should be fixed now (email, registrations, image from URL). Please let me know it you have further issues of that sort.

@Maggie mac Ruaidhri: I don't think Polyjuice could do that. Maybe it could be an issue with cookies on your browser? Please let me know if it continues to happen (or happens to more people). 

Some people had a similar issue before I ever installed Polyjuice and... I can't remember what it turned out to be. I'll have to dig around, but I think it had something to do with a browser. Maybe? 

Avery Potter

So I was just trying to send PMs. I managed to get them sent on kermit and Avery, then went I logged into Wyatt all I got was a white screen. Same happened with Dove. Now it’s happening with Avery as well. I can get onto the PM screen, can read previous PMs, but I can’t get to the screen to send them. 

Im not really sure whether it’s me or whether somethings glitched? 

Weasley

That's not happening to me on this account or others in Firefox or Chrome. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and deleting VH's cookies? Sometimes the cache can mess things up after an update.

Avery Potter

Hello @Weasley :3

I have cleared everything from my Ipad history, cookies etc. I’m still getting the white screen. When I click on message it tries to load and then it redirects me to an empty screen. I’ve tried to access it from my Safari and another web browser called Adblock. I am having major internet issues as I am on holiday so have to rely on internet I am not used too. Could it be the speed? 

Inara Kennedy

While I was trying to edit a PM (before sending it), I ran into some errors as well. It kept turning to a black screen and getting rid of what I had written. I tried refreshing and then my PM was gone and I had to start over. I restarted about three times before giving up and sending a pure text PM. So perhaps I'm getting something similar to Avery?

Weasley

I tried it on Safari on my computer, phone and very old iPad and didn't have any of those issues. This must have something to do with your device or connection. And I'm afraid I don't know how to help with that.

By the way, have you tried on both themes?

If other people have similar issues, please let me know. Maybe with more info it'll become clear.

Be sure to let me know what kind of device you're using, which browser, and which theme(s). Also please try clearing your browser's cache first.

Bitsy Pollen

I've cleared my cache/cookies as you suggested in other replies, but I'm not able to c+p my replies on Chrome? Safari works fine, but otherwise, anything I write in word that goes over 50 words or so can't be pasted into the textbox. I'm wondering if it's just my issue or if other members are experiencing this as well?

Edited by Bitsy Pollen

Rían O' Donnell

My polyjuice is wearing off too quickly! 

I'm starting to having issues with the Polyjuice function, almost timing out as such? 

So I switch to another account using it and it says "X as Rían O' Donnell" or vice versa or whatever, everything is good. I open up a thread to reply. I read it, spend ten to fifteen minutes typing up a reply then I go to post it and it posts as the original account because it's like in the time it's taken me it's worn off and reverted back to the original account and then it's posted as the wrong person so i have to ninja it and change it quick before anyone sees basically?

I have had trouble before with fiddling on different accounts in a different tab or whatever and have it revert back, but this is happening with just one tab open and not changing anything. Just changing in the time it takes to write my reply. 

I mean I don't do anything important but idk if it could mess something up if another person posted as a secret alt or something? 😧