Weasley

Technical issues and errors

309 posts in this topic

New board, new topic.

We were only able to do so much testing with the site offline, so you guys are bound to find issues. Please let us know any glitches you find with the board in general, the shop/bank, the skins, etc.

Keep in mind that we just moved servers, so we're bound to have some strange errors at first. Like getting logged out a lot, 'not found' errors, etc.

I had a question about professor profiles. I don't think we have the "Magic Stats" or "Credentials" areas because I have checked a few of us and we don't have it but students seem to? Not sure if this was done on purpose so I thought I would ask. :wub:

The new site looks great! Going to try and get used to it as quickly as possible. ^_^

Edit: So it seems that I checked the wrong professors. XD Those of us who don't have wands or wizard points yet don't have the "Magic Stats" which makes sense. But none seem to have "Credentials" and some other groups like alumni seem to have that missing.

I will probably be back with more edits. <_<

Edited by Professor Bond

Thanks, Professor.

All groups have the same fields. It's just that most fields in the profile do not show up if they're empty. So the Credentials section only shows if you have a credential, WP only shows if you have some, etc.

Hufflepuff 5th, 4th, and Prefects are definitely missing credentials, as are Alumni. I checked people I know have things to go in those fields. <3

Oh, and Head Girl and Head Boy don't have their badges either...lots missing. </3

EDIT: Ooo, it totally told me there was a new post and asked if I wanted to see it! THAT IS AWESOME.

Edited by Divna Sussex

Hufflepuff 5th, 4th, and Prefects are definitely missing credentials, as are Alumni. I checked people I know have things to go in those fields. <3

Oh, and Head Girl and Head Boy don't have their badges either...lots missing. </3

I did this as well. I said it since I have a credential and it's not showing. :( *mourns Seer Certificate* I don't think any students, alumni, or professors have theirs. SORRY TO POINT IT OUT. D: I haven't found any other issues though so yay?

Edit: I have just figured out how to turn off my sig. I r genius.

Edited by Professor Bond

Yeah, I did notice that some aren't working. Like, I bought an OoTP coin and that's not showing up although my apparition license is. We'll look into it.

Hello Weasley, you beautiful man you. <3

It appears that all posts made on the board since it went back up are done at :07 or :08. Those timestamps can be pretty tricky especially when it comes to duels. D:

Thanks so much for all you've done so far and all that you'll apparently have to do! (ha)

Not sure if this is an issue, but it looks like the default post color is no longer the same. Is this a thing that can be fixed? All my old posts which were posted in default black are now in default gray. D:

On second thought, this seems only to be in castle skin so I'm guessing it could have been on purpose. If not, is it a thing that can be looked into? I miss the easier reading of the black text.

HAI!

So, I made a post in the dueling chamber (3 paragraphs long) and I used a font tag at the beginning of the post, and closed it at the end. All very normal.

However, after I posted, the first paragraph had the desired font, but NOT the following two. I edited, reentered the code, and same thing happened. Upon further investigation, each paragraph ended up having font codes that I KNOW I didn't put in there.

Not sure what you can take away from that.

Edit: Of course it works perfectly fine for this post. >.>

Edited by Edward Braelin-VonHaus

I've been having trouble editing my profile to update the Interests and Credit fields. Whenever I try, I get this error message:

One of the fields you filled in requires values in a specific format, but the value you supplied did not meet this format ('Website URL').

I've even tried erasing everything I have in the fields and saving and it still gives me this message. Am I doing something wrong? D:

I've been having trouble editing my profile to update the Interests and Credit fields. Whenever I try, I get this error message:

One of the fields you filled in requires values in a specific format, but the value you supplied did not meet this format ('Website URL').

I've even tried erasing everything I have in the fields and saving and it still gives me this message. Am I doing something wrong? D:

Mila, I got this too. You have to go to the website option and take the pre-put-in-there stuff out. At least that worked for me.

Update on "Credentials": Some students seem to have them. Not sure what is happening there but I thought I would let you know. D:

Edit: You already fixed it! Win. :)

Edited by Professor Bond

I fixed the credential thing. Sorry, dumb mistake I made.

I don't get the timestamp thing. I'll look into it.

Text color: maybe?

Text color could be edited for castle easily, if that's what we want :)

Yeah, make it black, please. I prefer that as a default.

And I'll go fix the website field so it doesn't expect anything in particular.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'm only able to get the last post I made in my profile and no topics whatsoever. Am I doing something wrong, or is there seriously nothing coming up?

Thank you, Viridian (and Weasley) for addressing my font color concerns. The black font is very much appreciated. :wub:

I'm not sure if I overlooked something or if it's just me but the colour tags such as [color=darkgoldenrod][/color] don't seem to be displaying. The hex codes work fine, but I'm not sure if that pertains to the names of the colours or any other colours for that matter. However, if it doesn't work for one, who's to say it doesn't work for the rest of them?

Like [color=darkgoldenrod]darkgoldenrod[/color] won't show up, but #b8860b does.

Edited by Soo Yun Cho

I'm not sure if it's just me or if I'm missing something or what - but for me, every post in a topic shows up as having been posted at 9:08pm or at 10:08pm depending on the hour when it was posted. The times show up normally in edits, quotes, the sidebar, etc. but in the regular topic they all appear as having been posted at the same time during an hour. D:

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I was about to go in and do lessons and I don't know if this was a mistake on old VH that my computer went wonky or what, but my posts in the astronomy classroom are looking like this: [

2mr8hzr.png

Just one big block of unformatted text. I don't mind going in and editing them, but I did want to post here and let you know it was a thing in case it's also a problem others are having.

It appears that's only in castle skin. (maybe?) Might have been my doing, and we just didn't notice it in testing. I'll see if I can fix it.

EDIT: Yup that was it. Looks like it's fixed now. That's what I get for trying to format the date. *shakes fist*

So, I'm not sure if this is an issue for everyone or if the new server hates my rainbow brite CL, but ...it's all gone.

Everything from Pre-Hogwarts up until Fourth Year....

Elarinya Thanrion

Also, my color tags keep getting eaten, I gave up typing them and just used the colorboxes because they kept disappearing when I'd post.

I was just going through my messages, now conversations, and I noticed a little red deleted thing beside some and I haven't deleted them? Here is a picture to help explain <3
Edited by Katarzyna Chmielewski

Elarinya: Click edit and save on those posts. They'll come back. I just tried it on one of yours.

Are you typing your color tags in the plain text mode? i.e. clicking the light switch at the top left?

Katarzyna: I just read up on that a bit and it seems to be a side effect of converting PMs to "Conversations". I think it basically means you can't keep the 'conversation' going because someone deleted it. And when it converted old ones it didn't always know how to handle some. Something like that. Apparently it won't be an issue with new messages.